Chatlog 2012-09-04

From RIF
Revision as of 16:26, 11 September 2012 by Sandro (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> Present: ChrisWelty, MichaelKifer, sandro, csma, harold
13:48:33 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rif
13:48:33 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/04-rif-irc
13:48:42 <sandro> rrsagent, make log public
13:48:47 <sandro> zakim, this will be rif
13:48:47 <Zakim> ok, sandro; I see SW_RIF()10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
13:49:05 <sandro> meeting: RIF
13:49:08 <sandro> chair: csma
13:49:52 <Harold> Harold has joined #rif
13:55:14 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #rif
13:58:52 <sandro> Calling Zakim...     "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble, your call cannot be completed".   Are others getting that?
14:01:25 <MichaelKifer> MichaelKifer has joined #rif
14:01:37 <csma> csma has joined #rif
14:03:10 <csma> Hi all,
14:03:10 <sandro> Zakim is down.      They're working on it.  
14:03:25 <csma> Chris and me have pb with Zakim: no answer calling the bridge
14:03:30 <csma> ah, ok
14:04:14 <csma> shall we reschedule?
14:04:23 <MichaelKifer> yes, can't call in either.
14:04:48 <Harold> When I dial ...6200 no connection is established.
14:04:55 <csma> Next Tuesday, usual time (11am/5pm)?
14:05:30 <sandro> We can use another brdige.
14:05:32 <MichaelKifer> I won't be able to call in next week
14:06:20 <csma> ok, let's use mine
14:06:35 <sandro> Actually, Zakim is back now.
14:06:46 <csma> ha
14:06:52 <csma> can we call?
14:07:19 <sandro> so I hear.  trying.
14:07:40 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
14:07:41 <Harold> I'n in the call.
14:07:57 <sandro> Michael and Harold and I are on.
14:09:18 <Harold> Christian?
14:10:01 <sandro> zakim, this is rif
14:10:17 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rif
14:10:30 <sandro> zakim, this is rif
14:10:57 <Zakim> ok, sandro; that matches SW_RIF()10:00AM
14:11:12 <Zakim> +[IBM]
14:11:29 <Zakim> + +33.9.53.56.aacc
#14:11:32 <sandro> present: csma, chris, harold, michael, sandro
14:11:40 <csma> zakim, aacc is me
14:11:43 <Zakim> +csma; got it
14:12:06 <ChrisW> ChrisW has joined #rif
14:12:14 <ChrisW> zakim, who is here?
14:12:14 <Zakim> On the phone I see [NRCC], +1.781.899.aaaa, +1.631.517.aabb, [IBM], csma
14:12:16 <Zakim> On IRC I see ChrisW, Zakim, csma, MichaelKifer, AxelPolleres, Harold, RRSAgent, trackbot, sandro
14:12:25 <ChrisW> zakim, ibm is temporarily me
14:12:25 <Zakim> +ChrisW; got it
14:12:41 <sandro> csma: Where are we since last time?   Core, BLD, FLD?    Ready for WG checking?
14:12:51 <sandro> MichaelKifer: Yes, I've done everything I was supposed to do.
14:12:58 <sandro> Harold: No, I haven't had a chance to finish.
14:13:10 <sandro> Harold: Starting with Erratum 6.
14:13:38 <sandro> Harold: I'm looking into the XML schemas.   I finished Core.
14:14:03 <sandro> Harold: We should review Michael's work on FLD, because that trickles down.
14:14:22 <sandro> ... I sent some other erratum candidates to the public list, but didn't put them on the Erratum page.
14:14:32 <sandro> csma: Oh, then I wouldn't have found them.
14:14:38 <sandro> Harold: No, no, it was years ago.
14:15:02 <sandro> csma: Then I shoul dhave found them.   Harold, look and see if they are on the Erratum page.
14:15:18 <sandro> csma: So still some work on XML Schemas.
14:15:36 <sandro> csma: Everything else is done?
14:15:49 <sandro> Harold: Actually, no.      There are others, no just about the schema.
14:16:23 <sandro> harold: Some of them are notation improvements.
14:16:49 <sandro> harold: It was in the replacement arrows style, with HTML, to preserve subscripts, etc.
14:17:17 <sandro> Harold: Mostly on public-rif-wg and some just to Michael.   1-2 years ago.
14:18:25 <sandro> csma: Harold, you should make sure they are on the Errata page; and maybe fix them.
14:18:39 <sandro> MichaelKifer: I think they are typos that are already corrected.
14:21:36 <sandro> (discussion of various edits done)
14:22:45 <ChrisW> sorry
14:24:59 <sandro> csma: You can't change the spec in ways which break implementations
14:25:35 <sandro> MichaelKifer: It was a hole, a bit of the spec left out.  I 
14:25:54 <sandro> sandro: How likely is it someone guessed incorrectly what went in there?
14:26:49 <sandro> MichaelKifer: I think anyone would have guessed correctly or asked.
14:27:07 <sandro> sandro: We could ask for reviews of our Editors Drafts
14:27:23 <sandro> Harold: We need to make sure there are no new bugs introduced in RIF Second Edition
14:27:41 <sandro> csma: I think all the changes are correctly documented in the Errata page
14:27:59 <sandro> csma: I plan to ping all the people who reported the bigs to have them check the proposed resolution.
14:28:57 <sandro> sandro: I expect people who reported bugs will be interested to see/review all the changes we made.
14:29:26 <sandro> csma: If you look at the Errata for RIF PRD, there is an explanation of the bug reported, a proposed correction, and a pointer to the color coded diff.
14:29:50 <sandro> csma: So it should be easy for bug reporters to check their change.
14:29:54 <csma> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Errata
14:29:57 <sandro> Harold: You mean the media-wiki diff.
14:31:36 <sandro> sandro: Yes, these Errata are great -- but we also want to people to look at the overall changes-since-REC.
14:31:40 <sandro> csma: yes, yes.
14:35:02 <csma> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Errata#Typos.2C_simplifications.2C_clarifications
14:37:09 <sandro> Harold: Should all these errata make it to the changelog?
14:37:22 <sandro> csma: In a more terse format, yes.
14:40:48 <sandro> sandro: As long as a few of us look at each change, I think we can be confident we;re not regressing.
14:40:53 <MichaelKifer> I just added a pointer to the minor corrections in the csma style. See at the end of http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/BLD#Appendix:_Change_Log_.28Informative.29
14:41:17 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:42:16 <Zakim> - +1.781.899.aaaa
14:47:06 <Harold> Let's use ISWC-2012, coorganized by W3C, as the place to announce RIF, 2nd ed.
14:57:23 <ChrisW> i need to go, do you need me for anything?
14:58:14 <Zakim> -ChrisW
15:03:42 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has left #rif
15:05:05 <Zakim> -csma
15:05:16 <Zakim> -[NRCC]
15:05:17 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:05:17 <Zakim> - +1.631.517.aabb
15:05:18 <Zakim> SW_RIF()10:00AM has ended
15:05:18 <Zakim> Attendees were [NRCC], +1.781.899.aaaa, +1.631.517.aabb, +33.9.53.56.aacc, csma, ChrisW, Sandro
16:36:01 <Zakim> Zakim has left #rif
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000099