This is an archive of an inactive wiki and cannot be modified.


As usual for Telecons.



See minutes


Please edit this list in accord with the RegretsPolicy.

IgorMozetic AndreasHarth ElisaKendall (at OMG Technical Meeting in St. Louis) MichaelSintek

Recommended Preparation


AGENDA Teleconference 
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
25 April 2006
1600 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1600 (London) 1700 (Paris)

Duration: 90 min

*TOPICS for this meeting*
1. Admin
2. F2F Meetings
     - updates on F2F3 and F2F4
3. Liaisons
4. Use Cases and Requirements
    - Discussion of specific design constraints
5. Technical Design, Extensibility
6. AOB

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): []
Meeting Wiki: []


Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe:  Michael Kifer
See Scribes List []

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

- Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
Using Zakim:
Telecon Etiquette:

- Next Meeting: 2 May

- PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting

- review actions:
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Public membership list needs to be extended to include Alex 

- Agenda amendments

2. F2F Meetings (5 minutes)

-Action review
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to set up registration page for F2F3
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Paula to check on phone-call-in capability, and if we'll have a speaker phone, and network at f2f3? 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro set up straw-poll on F2F4 (MITRE - 3 different dates - and Peter/ISWC) 

- Update on F2F3 and F2F4

3. Liaison (5 min)

- Review active liaisons:
SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Franconi, JosDeRoo?
XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori
Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall, Evan Wallace?

4. Use Case & Requirements (50 min)

Wiki Page:
Working draft:

- Review actions

[DONE] ACTION: Francois write up what he's saying on the DesignConstraints page
See message and ensuing thread:

[CONTINUED] ACTION: Leora to set up draft proposal on what we mean by FOL 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Leora to Write up CSF for FOL 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro and Igor to find a name+definition for the "pure prolog" requirement that does not mention "pure prolog"
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to discuss on email whether the "pure prolog" requirement can be replaced by a "horn logic" requirement or if we need both 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Frank will produce an initial diagram with existing constraints 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: sandro to clarify meaning of sound and what is the requirement on RIF 
[CONTINUED] ACTION: Sandro to clarify whether sound reasoning constraint with unknown dialects is a requirement or a critical success factor

- Discuss specific design constraints
Wiki page

5. Technical Design (15 min)

[CONTINUED] ACTION: Chris to start email discussion about what issues are "fuzzy" wrt phase 1 & 2

- Proposal by Harold & Michael:

7. AOB (5 min)