My name is Joachim Neubert, I'm working as an IT developer for German National Library of Economics (ZBW) - Leibniz Centre for Economics in Hamburg. Before this, for 20 years I was in charge of the IT in the information department of a big newspaper publishing company, concerned mainly with databases, information retrieval and web applications.
My first task after I joined ZBW in October 2008 was to put the STW Thesaurus for Economics on to the Web. I found SKOS a well fitting standardized format and RDFa a good way to put it into a web application (http://zbw.eu/stw). Now, among other things, I'm working on the ZBW newspaper archives, where I use OAI-ORE as the central vocab for organizing the collections (prototype at http://zbw.eu/beta/p20). Starting on 2011, we plan to publish lots of records data as Linked Open Data, using the authority files as a backbone for interlinking.
Together with Anette Seiler from hbz I organized the first German Library Conference on the Semantic Web (SWIB09), which took place 2010 as well (http://swib.org).
work in progress
Collected Projects about People and Organisations
- Overiew Blog entry
- SNAC - Social Network and Archival Context Project - Eds notes
- Trove (National Library of Australia) - people and organisations
- VIVO - US scientists
- Microsoft Academic Search
- BibApp Campus Research Gateway and Expert Finder - Martin Fenners notes (about CRIS, too)
- IraLis (International Registry of Authors-Links to Identify Scientists
- JISCC Names Project
Webservices on LLD
- Agrovoc Web Services - see also Use Case AGROVOC Thesaurus
- STW Thesaurus for Economics Web Services - see also Use Case Publishing 20th Century Press Archives
- Geonames Web Services - as used in Use Case Recollection
- Pode (currently SPARQL endpoint, webservices planned) - see also Use Case Pode
- VIAF Service - see also Use Case Virtual International Authority File (VIAF)
- CSA/NBII Biocomplexity Thesaurus Web Services (SKOS)
- LoC ID Service (Authorities & Vocabularies) uri -> label and known label service
- OCLC Web Services - especially Dewey
- OCLC Terminology Services (Pilot)
- Glamorgan Semantic terminology services - especially FACET
- HILT ??
- BioCASE Thesaurus Web Service (unclear, if Semantic Web tech is used)
- Getty Web Services (proprietary - no Semantic Web tech so far)
- STITCH @ CATCH - Vocabulary and alignment repository demo
see also list at http://www.cs.vu.nl/STITCH/repository/services.html