From Library Linked Data
Back to Use Cases & Case Studies page
Here are some points explaining, why we created the template this ways:
- Additional section "Application of linked data": We needed this to separate the linked data specific content from the actual use case scenario. This should encourage contributors to really step back from the possible linked data implementation and think independently about the actual use case.
- We moved the "Existing Work" section upwards, after the "Application of Linked Data" section: This should encourage another abstraction, we want to separate principle linked data solutions from actual solutions that might be used to fulfill the use case. In other words: Application of linked data should not describe library domain specific things. Existing work should describe library domain specific solutions.
- Additional section "Related Vocabularies": Here we just gather information about vocabularies, which might be valuable for an overall report.
- The "Problems and Limitations" section should then be used to describe problems on all levels of the former sections: problems with the whole scenario, linked data specific problems, problems with existing works and/or vocabularies.
- The section "Unanticipated Uses" is extended with "Related Use Cases" and can be used to group use cases together, as well as encourage new use cases.
- The Section "Dimensions" is currently called Dimensions / Topics and has been moved to the end of the template: that was already suggested on the mailing list. As a preliminary result: The topics have to be cleaned up to use them for the use cases, they need at least shorter and clearer names and they should not overlap. The dimensions were not sufficient for the Digital Preservation use case and should be extended.
- Additional section "References"
The template is mainly inspired by the UC template of the provenance XG. Here are some relevant links to it:
- PROVENANCE:  from the Provenance Incubator Group
Provenance Dimensions: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Provenance_Dimensions
The Rationale for the PROVENANCE Template can be found here
- References : the following were used to elaborate a first version of Dimensions and create a new version of UC template
 Library Linked Data Incubator Group Charter http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/charter
 UCTemplate 1
 Bernard Vatant - email to the public-xg-lld mailing list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0118.html
 Antoine Isaac - email to the public-xg-lld mailing list
 Emanuelle Bermes - email to the public-xg-lld mailing list
 Tod Matola - email to the public-xg-lld mailing list:
 Jodi Schneider email to the public-xg-lld mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0110.html