IRC log of databinding on 2005-12-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:51:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-irc
14:51:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:51:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
14:51:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:51:56 [trackbot]
Date: 20 December 2005
14:52:23 [pauld]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:53:07 [pauld]
Chair: Paul_Downey
14:54:11 [pauld]
agenda+ Status of Deliverables
14:54:16 [pauld]
zakim, show agenda
14:54:16 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
14:54:18 [Zakim]
1. Meeting Administrivia [from pauld]
14:54:20 [Zakim]
2. Status of Deliverables [from pauld]
14:54:48 [pauld]
agenda+ on databinding and programming languages
14:54:59 [pauld]
agenda+ ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed
14:55:10 [pauld]
agenda+ ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space
14:55:18 [pauld]
agenda+ Collection of Databinding tools?
14:55:22 [Ajith]
Ajith has joined #databinding
14:55:29 [pauld]
agenda+ ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite
14:55:37 [pauld]
agenda+ Any Other Business
14:58:26 [pauld]
zakim, this will be db
14:58:26 [Zakim]
ok, pauld; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
15:01:10 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
15:01:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.442.aaaa
15:02:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:02:14 [pauld]
zakim, code?
15:02:15 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
15:02:27 [Zakim]
+ +44.144.250.aabb
15:03:03 [pauld]
zakim, aaaa is sekhar
15:03:03 [Zakim]
+sekhar; got it
15:03:06 [Zakim]
+ +44.173.247.aacc
15:03:19 [pauld]
zakim, aacc is jonc
15:03:19 [Zakim]
+jonc; got it
15:03:32 [pauld]
zakim, ipcaller is Ajith
15:03:32 [Zakim]
+Ajith; got it
15:03:39 [pauld]
zakim, who is here
15:03:39 [Zakim]
pauld, you need to end that query with '?'
15:03:42 [pauld]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sekhar, Ajith, +44.144.250.aabb, jonc
15:03:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Ajith, RRSAgent, Zakim, pauld, trackbot, Yves
15:04:06 [pauld]
zakim, aabb is me
15:04:06 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
15:05:05 [pauld]
zakim, agenda?
15:05:05 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda:
15:05:06 [Zakim]
1. Meeting Administrivia [from pauld]
15:05:07 [Zakim]
2. Status of Deliverables [from pauld]
15:05:09 [Zakim]
3. on databinding and programming languages [from pauld]
15:05:11 [Zakim]
4. ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed [from pauld]
15:05:12 [Zakim]
5. ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space [from pauld]
15:05:13 [Zakim]
6. Collection of Databinding tools? [from pauld]
15:05:14 [Zakim]
7. ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite [from pauld]
15:05:15 [Zakim]
8. Any Other Business [from pauld]
15:05:43 [Zakim]
+??P28
15:05:51 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
15:06:04 [pauld]
zakim, ?P28 is JonC
15:06:04 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '?P28'
15:06:17 [pauld]
zakim, p28 is vladislav
15:06:17 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named 'p28'
15:06:22 [pauld]
zakim, ?p28 is vladislav
15:06:22 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '?p28'
15:06:36 [pauld]
zakim, ?28 is vladislav
15:06:38 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '?28'
15:06:38 [JonC]
scribe:JonC
15:06:44 [pauld]
zakim, p28 is vladislav
15:06:44 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named 'p28'
15:06:50 [pauld]
zakim, ?P28 is vladislav
15:06:50 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '?P28'
15:07:02 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
15:07:02 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Meeting Administrivia" taken up [from pauld]
15:07:55 [JonC]
Chair calls for appoval for previous minutes from 6th & 13 December
15:08:06 [JonC]
Minutes approved
15:08:19 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
15:08:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Status of Deliverables" taken up [from pauld]
15:08:36 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/
15:09:18 [JonC]
Group is trialling use of Tracker for keeping track of group issues
15:10:23 [JonC]
PaulD ,Yves and Zjith volnteered already for editor roles
15:10:40 [JonC]
Paul will post blank documents to get ball rolling
15:11:05 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
15:11:05 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "on databinding and programming languages" taken up [from pauld]
15:12:49 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
15:12:49 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed" taken up [from pauld]
15:15:42 [JonC]
Chair: action for vladislav to decompose issue and split into 2.
15:16:23 [pauld]
ACTION: Vladislav to raise a separate issue for rationalle to appear in the Basic patterns for how structures are collected
15:16:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Vladislav
15:16:24 [JonC]
ACTION:vladislav to raise seperate issue for rationale
15:16:41 [pauld]
ACTION-1
15:18:11 [JonC]
chair: we need to think about how we collect and structure patterns as one issue and desdcribe rationale seperately
15:18:49 [pauld]
zakim, agena?
15:18:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, pauld.
15:18:59 [pauld]
zakim, agenda?
15:18:59 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
15:19:00 [Zakim]
4. ISSUE-1: Scope of Structures to be Addressed [from pauld]
15:19:01 [Zakim]
5. ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space [from pauld]
15:19:02 [Zakim]
6. Collection of Databinding tools? [from pauld]
15:19:03 [Zakim]
7. ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite [from pauld]
15:19:05 [Zakim]
8. Any Other Business [from pauld]
15:19:55 [pauld]
zakim, move to 5
15:19:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'move to 5', pauld
15:20:01 [pauld]
zakim, move to agendum 5
15:20:04 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "ISSUE-3: Mapping Simple Numeric Types with Infinite Value Space" taken up [from pauld]
15:20:05 [JonC]
Erik Johnson chair of WSI SWPWG has raised a specific issue over use of xs:integer
15:22:47 [JonC]
chair: what do we do in this repect? Don't feel comfortable in restricting use of xs:integer
15:25:30 [JonC]
Sekhar: correct we cannot do this., but must be aware certain datatypes will not give us the optimum representation
15:26:05 [JonC]
chair: suggests we craft some words aroud this area to guide rather than restrict
15:28:15 [JonC]
ajith: question about what we are producing, is it a clear subset of schema constructs and datatypes that work well
15:29:17 [JonC]
ACTION: pauld to write to Erik with proposed text that will advise on the value space to use
15:29:17 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - pauld
15:30:16 [pauld]
zakim, move to agendum 7
15:30:16 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite" taken up [from pauld]
15:30:38 [pauld]
Jonc: thinking about how our documents and the test suite will be most useful
15:31:13 [pauld]
.. suggest a standard way of generating example patterns so they can be easily wrapped in WSDL
15:31:39 [pauld]
.. use standard namespace and element
15:31:53 [pauld]
sekhar: do we host these tests somewhere?
15:32:26 [pauld]
jonc: yes, not just a single (reference) endpoint - maybe implemented by others
15:32:50 [pauld]
.. enables a databinder to echo the structure through a mapping
15:35:20 [pauld]
sekhar: asks for clarification
15:36:14 [pauld]
jonc: aims to turn examples mechanically into WSDL documents
15:40:19 [JonC]
ACTION:JonC to produce strawman template for submitting examples
15:42:24 [JonC]
sekhar: last time was making point that w3c is already testing schema constructs, but recognises this is focused on web services and tooling
15:43:27 [JonC]
sekhar, what is the goal for this group? to include all of schema wg testsuite will be a LOT of work
15:44:20 [JonC]
chair:agreed and there are features that we already know will not give a good experience
15:45:55 [JonC]
chair: will wait to see what JonC produces as strawman
15:46:52 [pauld]
zakim, move to agendum 6
15:46:52 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Collection of Databinding tools?" taken up [from pauld]
15:47:37 [JonC]
chair: There are other groups that collect/publish schema. Is there value in us creating a list of these resource
15:48:49 [JonC]
s /schema/toolkit resources/
15:49:33 [JonC]
chair: doers anyone feel strong;ly about this. There cpould be a concern about creating somehting that looks like a registry
15:50:01 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:50:04 [JonC]
ACTION: pauld to contact schema working group and see if we can re-use their list
15:50:04 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - pauld
15:51:34 [JonC]
chair: best dates for f2f is 30th Jan 1st Feb
15:52:02 [JonC]
chair: cannot host in London, Nice is available
15:52:30 [JonC]
chair: participation may well be very low. Is there any value in having only 5 people for f2f?
15:53:09 [JonC]
sekhar:value may be questionable, might be best to wait till plenary
15:54:07 [JonC]
chair: will talk with Yves, may re-issue/revamp questionairre over holidays, please keep an eye out for it
15:55:01 [JonC]
chair:reminds group that next 2 telcons are cancelled. Next call is scheduled for 10th January
15:55:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:55:10 [JonC]
chair: AOB?
15:55:21 [JonC]
none raised
15:55:30 [Zakim]
-??P28
15:55:31 [Zakim]
-sekhar
15:55:33 [Zakim]
-jonc
15:55:48 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:55:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
15:56:00 [Zakim]
-Ajith
15:58:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:59:04 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 1 minute; all ports must be freed
15:59:53 [pauld]
zakim, bye
15:59:53 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.781.442.aaaa, +44.144.250.aabb, sekhar, +44.173.247.aacc, jonc, Ajith, pauld
15:59:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding
16:07:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
17:10:34 [pauld]
s/chair:/pauld: /g
17:10:49 [pauld]
s/Chair:/pauld: /g
17:11:00 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:11:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
17:12:04 [pauld]
Chair: pauld
17:12:07 [pauld]
Chair: pauld
17:12:09 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:12:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
17:13:22 [pauld]
s/ACTION:/ACTION: /g
17:14:26 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2005Dec/0017.html
17:15:16 [pauld]
Present: Sekhar, Jonc, Ajith, pauld, Vladislav
17:15:20 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:15:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
17:16:28 [pauld]
s/pauld: Paul_Downey/Chair: pauld/
17:16:31 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:16:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
18:33:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding
18:35:23 [pauld]
rrsagent, byt
18:35:23 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'byt', pauld. Try /msg RRSAgent help
18:35:26 [pauld]
rrsagent, bye
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-actions.rdf :
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: vladislav to raise seperate issue for rationale [2]
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-irc#T15-16-24-1
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: pauld to write to Erik with proposed text that will advise on the value space to use [3]
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-irc#T15-29-17
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JonC to produce strawman template for submitting examples [4]
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-irc#T15-40-19
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: pauld to contact schema working group and see if we can re-use their list [5]
18:35:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/20-databinding-irc#T15-50-04