IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-12-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:04:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-wai-wcag-irc
20:04:47 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005OctDec/0807.html
20:04:53 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:05:11 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Teleconference
20:05:35 [ben]
agenda+ Update and proposal for going forward <http://tinyurl.com/abaug>
20:05:44 [ben]
agenda+ close all unanimous survey items
20:06:23 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 2.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205time-limits/results>
20:06:48 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 1.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205media-equiv/results>
20:08:10 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 2.5 and definition of "multimedia" <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215_2-5/results>
20:08:44 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 1.3 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-1-3/results>
20:09:13 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 2.4 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215nav-mech/results>
20:09:38 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 2.1 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-2-1/results>
20:10:13 [ben]
agenda+ Issues for 3.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-3-2/results>
20:10:24 [ben]
agenda+ Planning and next steps
20:10:40 [ben]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
20:11:28 [ben]
RRSAgent, off
20:59:56 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:59:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell
21:00:41 [Judy]
Judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:00:55 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:00:56 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:00:56 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
21:00:57 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:01:04 [Zakim]
+Judy
21:01:45 [Zakim]
+Matt
21:02:17 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:03:23 [Zakim]
+??P14
21:03:25 [rellero]
zakim, ??P14 is rellero
21:03:25 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
21:03:40 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:03:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Makoto_Ueki, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, John_Slatin, Judy, Matt, Becky_Gibson, rellero
21:04:19 [Zakim]
+ +31.17.249.aaaa
21:04:43 [ben]
zakim, +31.17.249.aaaa is Yvette_Hoitink
21:04:43 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink; got it
21:04:49 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:05:01 [ben]
scribe: Becky
21:05:06 [Becky]
scribe: Becky
21:05:12 [ben]
agenda?
21:06:51 [Becky]
zakim, take up item 1
21:06:51 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Update and proposal for going forward <http://tinyurl.com/abaug>" taken up [from ben]
21:06:52 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:06:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Update and proposal for going forward <http://tinyurl.com/abaug>" taken up [from ben]
21:07:21 [Zakim]
+??P16
21:07:39 [Kesh]
Kesh has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:52 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:30 [Becky]
zakim, ??P16 is Kesh
21:08:30 [Zakim]
+Kesh; got it
21:08:59 [ben]
zakim, Kesh is Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:08:59 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith; got it
21:10:22 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:11:12 [Judy]
q+
21:12:28 [David]
q+
21:12:31 [ben]
ack Judy
21:12:40 [ben]
ack John
21:12:47 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:16:03 [ben]
ack David
21:20:33 [Becky]
ack Tim
21:24:08 [ben]
ack John
21:26:06 [Zakim]
+Wendy
21:26:15 [Becky]
resolution: adopt plan posted by GV on 14 December 2005 for continuing forward to Last Call and beyond
21:26:19 [wendy]
wendy has joined #wai-wcag
21:26:34 [Becky]
zakim, take up aggendum 2
21:26:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up aggendum 2', Becky
21:26:42 [Becky]
zakim, take up item 2
21:26:42 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "close all unanimous survey items" taken up [from ben]
21:28:56 [Becky]
Resolution: accept unanimous survey responses for for guidelines 2.2, 1.2, 2.5, 1.3, 2.4 and 2.1: 880, 943,987, 1153, 1743, 565, 795, 1088, 1145, 1350, 1609, 506, 603, 604, 938, 1333, 1496, 1497, 1516, 1648, 1650, 1651, 1742, 510, 808, 946, 948, 1131, 1136, 1319, 1391, 1442, 1503, 1709, 681, 875, 876, 940, 1090, 1619, 1739, 1042, 1379, 1380, 1210, 1211, 1620, 874
21:29:38 [Becky]
rationale: there was unanimous agreement in the survey for the proposal to close these items.
21:33:18 [Becky]
Resolution: allow editors to deal with non-controverisal changes to benetifs, intent, examples sections which do not directly affect normative content.
21:33:49 [ben]
ack Yvette
21:33:57 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:33:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:33:58 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:33:59 [Zakim]
1. Update and proposal for going forward <http://tinyurl.com/abaug> [from ben]
21:34:05 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 1
21:34:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Update and proposal for going forward <http://tinyurl.com/abaug>, closed
21:34:08 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:34:09 [Zakim]
3. Issues for Guideline 2.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205time-limits/results> [from ben]
21:34:10 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:34:10 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Issues for Guideline 2.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205time-limits/results>" taken up [from ben]
21:34:59 [Becky]
Topic: issue #1044
21:36:03 [Kesh]
me/ says we all get stuck when taking notes here or there
21:40:07 [Becky]
Resolution: close 1044 with addition of rationale for to buzilla and intent section of How To Meet document
21:40:19 [Becky]
Rationale:Rationale: 3 seconds is based on something long enough to get users attention and not so long as to prevent someone who could not work with the flashing going on from being able to wait it out. The Working group reached consensus on the 3 second limit.
21:41:25 [Becky]
Topic: issue #1550
21:42:29 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1550 with rational as proposed in survey: Addressed by NOTE linking to Guideline 2.3 (Allow users to avoid content that could cause seizures due to photosensitivity) and definitiions for 'general flash threshold' or 'red flash threshold'.
21:42:36 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1092
21:50:53 [Becky]
Resolution: Close 1092 with rational in survey(imilar to 943, but ASW suggested "adding minimum absolute time" which is include in the 23 November 2005 WD. Also edits adopted in current WD cover Roberto Castaldo's suggestion "allowing the user to request more time when it is going to expire".) and time specified in clause 2 is self calibrating and language is harmonizing with other accessibility statements.
21:51:48 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1382
21:53:04 [Becky]
Resolution; close issue 1382 with rationale in the survey: The many issues raised about Usability have been addressed in the 23 November 2005 Working Draft. Also, 26 May 2005 teleconference: blinking will not be banned.
21:53:19 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1383
21:56:26 [ben]
ack Yvette
22:00:34 [ben]
ack John
22:00:46 [ben]
q+
22:05:58 [David]
q+
22:06:00 [ben]
q-
22:07:17 [Becky]
q+
22:07:30 [ben]
ack David
22:07:46 [Becky]
q-
22:09:38 [Becky]
Action: David propose updated wording for SC 2.2.3 to address "timing and movement"
22:13:42 [Becky]
Action: John to review 1383 and possibly propose updated wording for 2.2.5
22:13:52 [Becky]
issue 1383 remains open.
22:14:01 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1459
22:17:15 [Judy]
q+
22:18:43 [wendy]
ack j
22:19:17 [Becky]
s/Topic: issue 1459/Topic: issue 1459 and 1552
22:20:06 [Judy]
q+
22:20:42 [Judy]
q+ to offer pt of information wrt policy info on wai site: you have the option of linking to /WAI/Policy/ but it is not guaranteed to be updated or comprehensive.
22:20:55 [wendy]
RRSAGent, make logs public
22:21:04 [wendy]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
22:21:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html wendy
22:22:32 [ben]
q?
22:25:44 [ben]
ack Judy
22:25:44 [Zakim]
Judy, you wanted to offer pt of information wrt policy info on wai site: you have the option of linking to /WAI/Policy/ but it is not guaranteed to be updated or comprehensive.
22:26:34 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1449 and 1445. Do not modify the SC because extending time limits is a form of disability accomodations. Editors will update the intents section to reflect this.
22:26:46 [Becky]
zakim, close this item
22:26:46 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
22:26:47 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:26:49 [Zakim]
4. Issues for Guideline 1.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205media-equiv/results> [from ben]
22:27:11 [Becky]
zakim, take up item 4
22:27:11 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Issues for Guideline 1.2 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051205media-equiv/results>" taken up [from ben]
22:27:20 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1152
22:28:17 [rellero]
I'm sorry, have to leave now, bye
22:28:41 [Zakim]
-rellero
22:28:45 [ben]
q+
22:34:33 [ben]
q-
22:35:25 [ben]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:35:27 [David]
zakim, mute tim
22:35:27 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
22:35:35 [Zakim]
ben, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Gregg_Vanderheiden (44%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (9%), John_Slatin (14%), Becky_Gibson (54%)
22:37:42 [Becky]
Action: John to review issue 1152 (which relates to SC 1.2.2) to address issue of multimedia that does not require audio description
22:38:29 [Becky]
issue 1152 remains open
22:39:06 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1151
22:41:10 [ben]
ack Yve
22:45:29 [ben]
ack Lor
22:46:30 [Kesh]
Kesh has left #wai-wcag
22:46:30 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
22:51:21 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1151 with John's comment: "This issue is addressed in the section entitled 'Scoping of conformance claims.'". Rationale: the group feels that the items specified in the issue are all in the category of policy. The topic of music video is part of John's previous action item.
22:51:37 [Becky]
Topic: 1625
22:54:30 [ben]
scribe: Ben
22:56:31 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:56:34 [Tim]
Tim has left #wai-wcag
22:57:47 [ben]
resolution: reject proposals to require both captions AND audio descriptions at level 1
23:01:14 [ben]
rationale: the working group felt that this was too high a bar at level 1
23:02:40 [ben]
s/captions AND audio descriptions/captions AND transcripts
23:03:02 [ben]
scribe: Becky
23:03:18 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1718
23:08:01 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1718. Rationale: We now have a How To Meet document for 1.2.5 which provides more information.
23:11:08 [Becky]
zakim, close this item
23:11:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
23:11:10 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:11:11 [Zakim]
5. Issues for Guideline 2.5 and definition of "multimedia" <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215_2-5/results> [from ben]
23:11:33 [Becky]
zakim, take up item 5
23:11:33 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Issues for Guideline 2.5 and definition of "multimedia" <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215_2-5/results>" taken up [from ben]
23:11:40 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the call?
23:11:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Makoto_Ueki, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, John_Slatin, Judy, Matt, Becky_Gibson, Yvette_Hoitink,
23:11:43 [Zakim]
... Michael_Cooper, Wendy
23:11:59 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:11:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
23:12:00 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:12:01 [Zakim]
6. Issues for Guideline 1.3 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-1-3/results> [from ben]
23:12:11 [ben]
agedna?
23:12:13 [ben]
agenda?
23:12:22 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
23:12:23 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1771
23:12:40 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 5
23:12:40 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Issues for Guideline 2.5 and definition of "multimedia" <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215_2-5/results>" taken up [from ben]
23:15:27 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:15:36 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:15:40 [Becky]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20051215_2-5/results
23:19:30 [Becky]
ack yve
23:19:45 [wendy]
fyi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context-sensitive_help
23:28:43 [Judy]
Judy has left #wai-wcag
23:29:12 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:31:46 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:33:47 [Becky]
Resolution: Close issue 1771 using the definition, "Help text that provides information related to the function currently being performed.". Delegate clean up of the intent section to the editors. Reject the current proposal for the additional technique
23:34:33 [Becky]
Topic: issue 1652
23:36:42 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1652. Update the text of GL 2.5 to, "Help users avoid mistakes and make it easy to correct mistakes that do occur." Rationale: working group agree that this is easier to understand and consistent with the success criteria.
23:37:09 [Becky]
Topic: proposed definition of multimedia
23:48:45 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept the following defintion of multimedia, "audio or video synchronized with another type of media and/or with time based interactive elements."
23:49:00 [Becky]
zakim, close this item
23:49:00 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
23:49:01 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:49:02 [Zakim]
6. Issues for Guideline 1.3 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-1-3/results> [from ben]
23:49:12 [Becky]
zakim, take up item 6
23:49:12 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Issues for Guideline 1.3 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-12-15-1-3/results>" taken up [from ben]
23:51:52 [ben]
q+
23:57:20 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:58:17 [ben]
q-
23:58:30 [Becky]
Topic: 1608
23:59:01 [Zakim]
-Wendy
23:59:20 [ben]
ack Yvette