IRC log of ua on 2005-12-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:49:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
18:49:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-ua-irc
18:49:20 [jallan]
zakim, list conferences
18:49:20 [Zakim]
I see Team_(OSL)1:00PM active
18:49:22 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time is Style_XSL WG()1:00PM
18:51:38 [jallan]
zakim, this will be UAWG
18:51:38 [Zakim]
ok, jallan; I see WAI_UAWG()2:00PM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
18:53:44 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()2:00PM has now started
18:53:51 [Zakim]
+Jim_Allan
18:55:06 [jallan]
agenda+ review action items
18:55:30 [jallan]
agenda+ Review issues related to UAAG and SVGT from message http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0021
18:56:15 [jallan]
agenda+ Review of UA:PF coordination meeting [member space http://www.w3.org/2005/12/06-pf-minutes.html]
18:56:37 [jallan]
agenda+ SVG (embedded object) related topic: Scenario: have a page with embedded svg, user cannot focus on svg in browser using the keyboard (svg object is not focusable), so user cannot use any commands or functions available within svg object.
19:01:32 [Zakim]
+DPoehlman
19:02:00 [jallan]
Hi Dave, waiting on Jan
19:05:17 [Zakim]
+Jan_Richards
19:05:49 [JR]
JR has joined #ua
19:10:36 [JR]
DP: SVG though alt text issue belongs to uaag, actually it is wcag issue...
19:11:01 [JR]
DP: since then they say they have put in note and pointer to wcag
19:11:27 [JR]
DP: lots of stuff on keyboard nav that we may want to talk about Appendix F
19:13:03 [jallan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0021
19:13:15 [JR]
DP: Dev Ind. is wrestlingwith navigation issues.
19:13:50 [JR]
DP: Need for a req for appropriate labelling that would work in any circumstance...
19:17:39 [JR]
DP: Roadmap can provide some answers...
19:18:12 [JR]
DP: Also new WG, Web app ui's or something...just starting
19:18:54 [JR]
JA: UAAG GL6 does cover embedded content of different types - in plugins etc.
19:19:09 [dpoehlman]
dpoehlman has joined #ua
19:19:43 [JR]
JA: Clearly support for some of this broken. (e.g. getting into SVG and navigating with keyboard)
19:20:27 [JR]
JA: We need more browser people.
19:20:41 [JR]
DP: PF has browser people...
19:22:10 [JR]
JA: ok, please bring that issue of getting into embedded content to pf
19:23:55 [JR]
action DP: bring svg nav in browser issue to pf
19:24:46 [JR]
re: Open: DP to cue 2 issues to xtech hidden/visible, and second is escape from
19:24:46 [JR]
container
19:25:00 [JR]
DP: send to pf as 2 issues, numbered 1 and 2
19:25:44 [JR]
DP:Will go on issues list this week...not sure when to be addressed
19:26:50 [JR]
http://www.w3.org/2005/12/01-ua-minutes.html#action02 done
19:27:41 [JR]
close action http://www.w3.org/2005/12/01-ua-minutes.html#action02
19:29:49 [JR]
3. Review of UA:PF coordination meeting [member space
19:29:49 [JR]
http://www.w3.org/2005/12/06-pf-minutes.html]
19:30:09 [JR]
JA: AG was going to ask DP to do some work...
19:30:42 [JR]
DP: I will post issues to discussion list, but Lisa will log issues in Issues List
19:32:12 [JR]
action JA: review uaag archives related to passing keyboard control to objects and getting it back again
19:34:04 [JR]
JA: Have you looked into ability to remap accesskeys?
19:34:33 [JR]
DP: Yes but in SR it only maps SR keys not for browser.
19:35:31 [JR]
DP: Not always sure what accesskeys are going to do.
19:35:54 [JR]
DP: Looks like accesskeys may be on the way out.
19:37:02 [JR]
DP: Idea is to have browsers pick accesskeys
19:37:30 [JR]
DP: Jaws has a speak access keys feature.
19:37:45 [JR]
DP: Safrai might not do anything at all.
19:38:32 [JR]
DP: Safari makes up with great structure nav
19:38:53 [JR]
JA: Next meeting Jan 5
19:39:21 [JR]
JA: Still meetings every 2 weeks.
19:39:28 [JR]
DP: Will there be a 2.0?
19:39:32 [JR]
JA: any need?
19:40:53 [JR]
JR: Any obsolecence
19:41:08 [JR]
DP: Wasn't there conformance to go through CR?
19:41:31 [JR]
DP: Conformanc eto each checkpoint, but not to guidelines as a whole
19:42:43 [JR]
JA: We do need to do a formal review of WCAG.
19:43:00 [JR]
JA: They are hoping to go last call in March.
19:49:13 [JR]
JR: describes ATAG content-type specific benchmark doc
19:49:36 [JR]
DP: Would like to get a better mapping between uaag and atag
19:56:32 [JR]
JA: There are some serious interoperability issues.
19:58:21 [Zakim]
-DPoehlman
19:58:22 [Zakim]
-Jan_Richards
19:58:25 [Zakim]
-Jim_Allan
19:58:26 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()2:00PM has ended
19:58:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jim_Allan, DPoehlman, Jan_Richards
19:59:27 [jallan]
zakim, clear agenda
19:59:27 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
20:00:05 [dpoehlman]
dpoehlman has left #ua
20:00:13 [jallan]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
20:00:51 [jallan]
rrsagent, format minutes
20:00:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-ua-minutes.html jallan
20:01:59 [jallan]
rrsagent, bye
20:01:59 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-ua-actions.rdf :
20:01:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DP to bring svg nav in browser issue to pf [1]
20:01:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-ua-irc#T19-23-55
20:01:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JA to review uaag archives related to passing keyboard control to objects and getting it back again [2]
20:01:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/15-ua-irc#T19-32-12