IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-12-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:07:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/12/08-wai-wcag-irc
21:08:20 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
21:08:29 [David]
proposal to close all issues that have unanimity
21:08:29 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:52 [ben_]
agenda+ WCAG SC that contain "programmatically determined"
21:09:03 [ben_]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 1.1
21:09:12 [ben_]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 3.1
21:09:22 [ben_]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 2.2
21:09:32 [ben_]
agenda+ Issues for Guideline 1.2
21:09:45 [ben_]
agenda+ Planning and next steps
21:10:40 [David]
resolution: close issues 959, 1101, 1406, 1407, 1435, 1567. 813, 1460. 1656. 1655. 880. 943. 987. 1385. survey results showed everyone accepting
21:10:54 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
21:11:08 [ben_]
Agenda?
21:11:16 [ben_]
RRSAgent, take up agendum 1
21:11:16 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'take up agendum 1', ben_. Try /msg RRSAgent help
21:11:41 [ben_]
RRSAgent, take up agendum 1
21:11:41 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'take up agendum 1', ben_. Try /msg RRSAgent help
21:12:00 [gregg]
ack k
21:12:10 [gregg]
ack j
21:12:12 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:12:12 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "WCAG SC that contain "programmatically determined"" taken up [from ben_]
21:14:31 [gregg]
ack y
21:14:55 [ben_]
ack Tim
21:16:16 [gregg]
ack l
21:16:59 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:17:31 [ben_]
ack rell
21:17:35 [rellero]
Not am I
21:17:52 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:17:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Judy,
21:17:56 [Zakim]
... Gian_Sampson-Wild?, rellero, Michael_Cooper, Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:18:12 [ben_]
zakim, rellero is Gian
21:18:15 [Zakim]
+Gian; got it
21:18:33 [ben_]
zakim, Gian_Sampson-Wild is Roberto_Ellero
21:18:33 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:18:43 [ben_]
zakim, Gian is Gian_Sampson-Wild
21:18:44 [Zakim]
+Gian_Sampson-Wild; got it
21:18:54 [ben_]
q?
21:18:58 [ben_]
ack Alex
21:19:11 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
21:20:06 [ben_]
ack Yve
21:20:10 [David]
q+
21:21:36 [Zakim]
+Wendy
21:21:51 [wendy]
wendy has joined #wai-wcag
21:22:02 [ben_]
ack Dav
21:22:41 [gregg]
q+
21:22:41 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:22:52 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Loretta_Guarino_Reid (29%), Tim_Boland (9%), Gregg_and_Ben (59%), Gian_Sampson-Wild (20%)
21:23:09 [ben_]
ack Gian
21:24:28 [ben_]
ack gregg
21:24:50 [Zakim]
+??P26
21:25:10 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:27:58 [Kesh]
Kesh has joined #wai-wcag
21:30:46 [ben_]
zakim, ??P26 is Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:30:46 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith; got it
21:30:48 [ben_]
ack Lor
21:34:55 [ben_]
ack John
21:37:32 [ben_]
ack Alex
21:40:02 [ben_]
zakim, ack Gregg
21:40:02 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
21:45:12 [ben_]
open issues related to programmatically determined definition: http://tinyurl.com/e2r2w
21:45:25 [wendy]
RRSAgent, drop action 1
21:45:28 [David]
resolution : there are several open issues, we don't have consensus to swap out the definition of Programatically determined. We will leave it open...
21:45:41 [David]
Action:Gian and David to cover issues around programmatically determined, to work on the term and the definition
21:45:46 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:45:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:45:48 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:45:49 [Zakim]
2. Issues for Guideline 1.1 [from ben_]
21:45:53 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:45:53 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Issues for Guideline 1.1" taken up [from ben_]
21:47:34 [David]
RRSAgent, drop action 3
21:52:10 [wendy]
proposed defn is very in sync w/wikipedia defn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video
21:57:43 [David]
resolution: adopt the definition ofvideo as proposed "the technology of moving pictures or images. Video can be made up of animated or photographic images, or both."
21:59:56 [bengt]
wikipedia describes it as live instead of realtime
22:01:16 [David]
resolution: Issue 952, Issue 1428, and Issue 1600 closed as addressed by current edits and wording
22:03:18 [David]
action: John will do what he has listed in the comment will write up something based on his comments "But end-users who are not aware of distinctions made by WCAG might be helped by some sort of notice for silent video-- maybe not in every case, but sometimes, e.g., in a clip from an early Charlie Chaplin film. "How to Meet..." doc could suggest that authors consider when such notice might be appropriate. This might actually belong under GL 1.1.2 (01 Dece
22:08:05 [David]
resolution: reject option one and reject option 2 in issue 1599 keep the current wording and do the second item "Clarify this in the how to meet document by revising the intent section and adding examples to How to meet 1.1.2 as follows: "
22:09:32 [David]
s/reject option one and reject option 2/reject option one and accept option 2
22:10:50 [ben_]
ack Katie
22:10:52 [ben_]
ack John
22:10:58 [ben_]
q+
22:11:59 [ben_]
ack ben
22:15:52 [David]
resolution: close 1626 revise benefit to read, "People who are deaf, are hard of hearing, or who are having trouble understanding audio information for any reason can read the text presentation or (in the future) have it translated and presented as sign language by assistive technology."
22:16:14 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
22:16:14 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
22:16:15 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:16:16 [Zakim]
3. Issues for Guideline 3.1 [from ben_]
22:16:20 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 3
22:16:20 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Issues for Guideline 3.1" taken up [from ben_]
22:18:46 [ben_]
ack John
22:20:47 [ben_]
ack John
22:21:57 [ben_]
ack Gian
22:22:48 [Judy]
q+
22:24:02 [ben_]
ack Judy
22:24:55 [ben_]
ack Gian
22:26:27 [wendy]
q+
22:27:06 [wendy]
q-
22:27:34 [Kesh]
q+
22:28:14 [ben_]
ack Kesh
22:29:09 [David]
q+
22:33:07 [ben_]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:33:08 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:33:19 [Zakim]
ben_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (70%), John_Slatin (37%), Yvette_Hoitink (94%)
22:33:26 [wendy]
zakim, mute Yvette
22:33:26 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:33:28 [wendy]
oops
22:33:30 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (11%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (16%), Gregg_and_Ben (55%)
22:34:12 [ben_]
ack Yve
22:34:24 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
22:34:36 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
22:35:12 [wendy]
zakim, mute katie
22:35:12 [Zakim]
Katie_Haritos-Shea should now be muted
22:35:22 [wendy]
ack david
22:35:23 [ben_]
ack Dav
22:36:06 [rellero]
sorry I have to leave
22:36:48 [ben_]
ack Gian
22:37:37 [Kesh]
Kesh has left #wai-wcag
22:38:20 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:38:52 [ben_]
q+ to say, "time check? there are still 2.5 surveys on the agenda to get through"
22:39:12 [ben_]
ack Gian
22:40:47 [ben_]
ack ben
22:40:47 [Zakim]
ben_, you wanted to say, "time check? there are still 2.5 surveys on the agenda to get through"
22:40:47 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:40:57 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (39%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (14%), Tim_Boland (21%), Gregg_and_Ben (39%), John_Slatin (4%),
22:41:00 [Zakim]
... Alex_Li (14%), Judy (20%), Gian_Sampson-Wild (4%)
22:41:25 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:41:36 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Loretta_Guarino_Reid (20%), Tim_Boland (51%), Gregg_and_Ben (65%), Judy (4%)
22:41:41 [wendy]
zakim, close tim
22:41:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close tim', wendy
22:41:49 [wendy]
zakim, mute tim
22:41:49 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
22:44:15 [David]
resolution: close issue#1134 change " at level 1" to " in wcag 2" change gl 3.1.5 to sc 3.1.5 and add to end "3.1.5 at level 3 because it is a new and untested approach and there is not widespread experieince with it. The WG is concerned that the requirement would put to much constraint on authors of general purpose web sites.
22:45:52 [Tim]
Tim has left #wai-wcag
22:45:58 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:50:17 [David]
resolution: close Issue 1127 - "Provide a clear representational image on the site's home page" and put it as an advisory technique in the section 3.15 technology independent. And include an example in the technique
22:50:18 [ben_]
ack Katie
22:56:53 [David]
resolution: close Issue 1129 as proposed- Add an advisory technology-independent technique for 3.1.5 for "providing content summaries via metadata." An additional advisory technique would be, "Making metadata human-viewable" (for example, the National Library of Medicine Web site includes a link in the navbar to view metadata--- not sure it's on all pages but it's on some of them and very useful).
22:57:19 [Judy]
q+
22:57:21 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
22:57:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Judy, Gian_Sampson-Wild,
22:57:24 [Zakim]
... Michael_Cooper, Wendy
22:59:06 [Judy]
q-
22:59:57 [Judy]
q+
23:00:26 [ben_]
ack Judy
23:02:16 [ben_]
ack John
23:07:49 [David]
resolution: close Issue 1711 - use and description of dyslexia in benefits sections, The Benefits section for 3.1.1 is similar to (but shorter than) the material quoted from 3.1.5 but uses the term "learning disabilities" instead of "reading disabilities.", change to "reading and intellectual disabilities"
23:08:03 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
23:08:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
23:08:04 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:08:06 [Zakim]
4. Issues for Guideline 2.2 [from ben_]
23:08:43 [wendy]
q+ part of review process of monthly publications - ppl can pick up and submit concerns/edits
23:10:00 [David]
q+
23:12:04 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:15:17 [David]
group thank you to Michael for all the work converting the format of the techniques.
23:15:45 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:15:50 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:15:52 [Zakim]
-Gian_Sampson-Wild
23:15:53 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:15:54 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:15:55 [Zakim]
-Wendy
23:15:56 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:15:57 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:15:58 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:15:59 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:16:00 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:16:01 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
23:16:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, +31.17.24.aaaa, Alex_Li, Gregg_and_Ben, Bengt_Farre, Judy, Katie_Haritos-Shea,
23:16:06 [Zakim]
... Yvette_Hoitink, Gian_Sampson-Wild?, Michael_Cooper, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Roberto_Ellero, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Wendy
23:20:39 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:21:46 [ben_]
RRSAgent, please generate minutes
23:21:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/08-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_
23:34:52 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
23:34:53 [ben_]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
23:37:33 [ben_]
Regrets: Andi_Snow-Weaver, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_
23:38:37 [ben_]
Regrets: Andi_Snow-Weaver, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Castaldo, Becky_Gibson, Don_Evans, Luca_Mascaro, Diane Stottlemyer, Christophe_Strobbe
23:38:42 [ben_]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
23:38:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/08-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_
23:41:14 [ben_]
David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Ellero, Alex_Li, Gregg_and_Ben, Bengt_Farre, Judy_Brewer, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Yvette_Hoitink, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Michael_Cooper, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Roberto_Ellero, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Wendy
23:41:20 [ben_]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
23:41:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/08-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_
23:45:31 [ben_]
Present: David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Ellero, Alex_Li, Gregg_and_Ben, Bengt_Farre, Judy_Brewer, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Yvette_Hoitink, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Michael_Cooper, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Roberto_Ellero, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Wendy
23:45:37 [ben_]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
23:45:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/12/08-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_