See also: IRC log
Hugo: on role of CG, can we do anything more exciting in this forum? The CG is of value, but only of value if people turn up.
mnot: I've lots of things to do with my time, and would like to minimise the calls, not grow them.
Hugo: call every other week too much?
mnot: yup, too much of a time commitment
... useful to discuss coordination, but not when there is nothing to discuss
MikeM: are you suggesting an ad-hoc meeting?
Mark: yes, I'd prefer this
Michael: I much prefer having a regular slot and short meetings
MarkN: what about email updates?
Michael: my experience is the contrary
<Marsh> How about every week for 20 min.
<Marsh> Then it's on your calendar.
Mike: my problem is that a CG call is harder to have preempt something
<Marsh> If you miss one, it's not a whole month
mnot: signed up for a coordination not an interest group
<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Steve to write to Mark, Mike and Carine about the CG call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/06-ws-cg-minutes.html#action01]
<scribe> ACTION: Hugo to (possibly) work on an updated glossary and bring it for review [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/06-ws-cg-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: Put on agenda for next call (Adding semantic to web services technology) [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/06-ws-cg-minutes.html#action03]
Hugo: welcome Paul
Paul: I'm going to chair the XML Schema
Patterns for Databinding WG
... it came out of the workshop of schema experiences
... the essence of this WG is to deliver a couple of Recommendations
... some very simple patterns that are known to work with toolkits
... some more advanced topics in the other one
... we had our first meeting today, but the participation is low right now
... people would like to move the F2F to the end of January
Hugo: we should try and advertize the WG in our other groups
Paul: I'll be at the choreo F2F in London next week
Mike & Mark: we can let people know on the call
Calendar for F2Fs http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/cg/2/03/schedule
Jonathan: WSD will have a phone meeting on
... though it's not clear whether we'll need both days
Mike: XMLP will meet at the TP, probably on the Saturday
Paul: I also booked one day at the TP
Marsh: what was the suggested action?
Hugo: create an XG or WG
Mike: what's the next step for the W3C Team?
Hugo: nothing right now, as we have not heard
members requesting a WG
... the problem in integrating this work to an existing group is that non seem to have the right scope
Hugo: we have been talking about SOAP and HTTP with reply-to
Mark: this is mainly about SOAP 1.1
Hugo: nobody wants to do this for SOAP 1.2?
Mark: we need to have more discussions about SOAP 1.2
Jonathan: what's the status of the XMLP charter?
Mike: we're at the end of the process about the PP
Hugo: what's the status of the one-way binding in XMLP?
Mike: we have a couple of proposals, one from
Chris Ferris and one from Dave Orchard
... we're going to continue this discussion tomorrow
... we have a couple of new members from Addressing which add some background on this issue
Hugo: assuming that Addressing is going to reference your work, when would you have something referenceable?
Mike: February is targeted for the first draft
... I hope to have a much better vision after the next couple of meetings
Mark: I have a continuing concern that WS and SWS are too different
<pauld> understood they were annotations to WSDL such as WSMO and OWL-S
<Jonathan_Marsh> thx hugo - unable to unmute
Big news: the Description WG voted to request WSDL 2.0 to go to CR