IRC log of tagmem on 2005-11-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:59:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:59:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/11/22-tagmem-irc
18:00:16 [Zakim]
-Ed_Rice?
18:00:17 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has ended
18:00:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.916.785.aaaa
18:00:34 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has now started
18:00:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.916.785.aaaa - is perhaps Ed_Rice?
18:01:10 [Zakim]
+Norm
18:01:12 [Zakim]
-Norm
18:01:13 [Zakim]
+Norm
18:01:18 [Zakim]
+DanC
18:01:22 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
18:01:23 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
18:01:23 [Zakim]
+Ht
18:01:59 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
18:01:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Rice?, Norm, DanC, Ht
18:02:02 [Zakim]
+[INRIA]
18:02:05 [Zakim]
+Roy
18:02:32 [Vincent]
Zakim, INRIA is Vincent
18:02:32 [Zakim]
+Vincent; got it
18:03:06 [Roy]
ScribeNick: Roy
18:03:14 [Roy]
Scribe: Roy Fielding
18:04:07 [Ed]
Zakim, Ed_Rice? is Ed
18:04:07 [Zakim]
+Ed; got it
18:06:42 [Roy]
zakim, take up 1
18:06:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up 1', Roy
18:06:47 [Zakim]
+Noah_Mendelsohn
18:06:57 [Roy]
Topic: Administrative
18:07:17 [Roy]
Next teleconference is 29 Nov
18:07:31 [Roy]
possible regrets: Dan
18:08:05 [Roy]
regrets: Vincent
18:08:13 [Roy]
possible regrets: Tim, Henry
18:08:52 [Roy]
ED: let's see if we can get through the F2F agenda today first
18:10:02 [Roy]
VQ: any additions to agenda [none]
18:10:27 [Roy]
VQ: Minutes of 8 November [thanks to Dan]
18:11:23 [Roy]
VQ: any objection to approving the minutes [none]
18:11:49 [Roy]
RESOLVED minutes of 8 November are approved
18:12:03 [Roy]
RESOLVED: minutes of 8 November are approved
18:12:16 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Talks/1201-TAG-report/
18:13:17 [Roy]
Topic: TAG presentation at AC meeting
18:14:07 [Roy]
HT: we have a 45 minute slot... I have prepared some slides (about 10 minutes) and then the rest of the session will be spent on discussion
18:14:26 [Norm]
IE bug?
18:15:02 [Roy]
... please review the slides.
18:15:33 [noah_toronto]
noah_toronto has joined #tagmem
18:15:51 [noah_toronto]
zakim, who is here?
18:15:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed, Norm, DanC, Ht, Vincent, Roy, Noah_Mendelsohn
18:15:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see noah_toronto, RRSAgent, Ed, Roy, Vincent, Zakim, Norm, DanC, ht
18:16:02 [Roy]
VQ: we mentioned the issue of gathering educational material and, IIRC, someone requested that you ask AC reps to send information to us as part of slides
18:16:12 [Roy]
HT: forgot, I will add that
18:16:24 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/em27
18:16:39 [Roy]
HT: Dan, do you have material to add?
18:16:44 [noah_toronto]
The dynamic version of the slides clips off the bottom if your font is set to large. In particular, the navigators disappear. Might this be an accessibility problem?
18:19:17 [Roy]
HT: the dynamic version is only for presentation during the event
18:21:22 [Roy]
RF: remember to update the TAG background slide before event
18:23:00 [Roy]
NM: suggest something lighter than "Almost never!" for when is a new URI scheme justified.
18:23:48 [Roy]
HT: I will try to put this to bed by Monday
18:24:17 [Roy]
Topic: December F2F meeting at MIT
18:24:49 [Roy]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/12/5-6-agenda.html
18:25:52 [Roy]
NW: please add namespaceDocument-8 to the agenda
18:26:05 [Roy]
NW: I hope to have a new draft done by then
18:26:27 [Roy]
NW: most likely will be in attendance on Tuesday
18:27:23 [Roy]
VQ: who is able to attend the F2F?
18:29:03 [Roy]
NM: We should postpone XMLVersioning-41 is Dave is unable to attend
18:29:37 [Roy]
VQ: I will check with Dave
18:30:32 [noah_toronto]
Actually, I also mentioned that we might have a productive discussion of general issues around versioning, even without Dave, picking up for the whiteboard discussion in Edinburgh.
18:30:47 [noah]
s/noah_toronto/noah/
18:30:50 [DanC]
"# RF to update Authoritative Metadata finding to include resolution of putMediaType-38" -- http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/03/action-summary.html
18:30:56 [Roy]
RF: I would like to add the mimerespect finding
18:30:59 [Roy]
TAG issues contentTypeOverride-24, putMediaType-38, and portions of errorHandling-20
18:31:21 [noah]
I don't think we can do justice to a detailed review of Dave's versioning draft if he's not in the meeting.
18:31:46 [Roy]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect
18:32:01 [Roy]
(will be updated before F2F)
18:32:45 [Roy]
HT: I am working on some writing on thought pieces for issues ??
18:33:02 [Roy]
VQ: please send me pointers to add to the agenda
18:34:21 [Roy]
VQ: please continue to review the agenda and send comments in the next few days via email or at the AC meeting
18:35:17 [Roy]
VQ: how about timing? 9-5 each day?
18:35:52 [Roy]
RF: I will need to leave earlier on Tuesday to catch 5:20pm flight at BOS
18:36:26 [DanC]
I'd like to accept the dinner invitation, Noah. (remind me which day? monday 5 Dec?)
18:37:04 [Roy]
NM: please send ack to indicate if you plan on attending monday dinner hosted by IBM
18:38:32 [Roy]
s/5:20pm/6:10pm/
18:39:02 [Roy]
Topic: Issue endPointRefs-47
18:39:16 [Roy]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#endPointRefs-47
18:39:25 [Roy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Nov/att-0008/eprExample.html
18:40:34 [Roy]
HT: background on this is from our discussion at Edinburgh F2F, when I was surprised to find a lack of examples at W3C.
18:40:52 [Roy]
HT: found an example in the Apache WSRF toolkit
18:41:01 [Roy]
http://ws.apache.org/wsrf/
18:42:09 [Roy]
HT: example was too detailed, so I trimmed it down and changed the domain -- validated the example to be sure it would run
18:43:17 [noah]
q+ to ask more about where EPRs come from
18:44:42 [Vincent]
ack noah
18:44:42 [Zakim]
noah, you wanted to ask more about where EPRs come from
18:45:11 [Roy]
HT: Mark Baker commented that somewhere you have to know that the wsa:To is set
18:47:19 [ht]
q+
18:47:27 [Vincent]
ack ht
18:47:56 [Roy]
NM: as I understand it, typical use of EPR is more like a cookie and is related to reply-to style of functionality, where the WSDL is no longer needed for the headers
18:48:21 [Roy]
HT: need WSDL to determine what the service needs for the body
18:49:35 [Roy]
HT: the EPR is effectively used as a URI
18:50:05 [Roy]
NM: we need to ask the experts what they are doing do get a clearer picture
18:50:57 [noah]
I think the specific question is: specifically in the WSRF case, to what extent will EPRs be used only in a cookie-like scenario, where they are minted by the resource owner, and to what extent will clients mint their own.
18:51:07 [DanC]
URCs... heh... meanwhile, RDF/OWL descriptions are pretty much the same thing
18:51:27 [noah]
The spec seems to invite anyone to create their own, but some of the "experts" I've spoken to suggest that this is not currently the intended use case.
18:52:56 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
18:53:11 [Roy]
RF: I have seen this stuff before ... URA and URC discussions on URI WG... I have no advice other than to say that they are doomed to failure
18:53:42 [ht]
Mark Baker's point was that the bit that's left out of all the specs, he believes, is how you know to POST the SOAP message to the wsa:Address from the EPR
18:54:57 [Zakim]
+TimBL
18:55:47 [Roy]
URA http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2016.txt
18:57:50 [Roy]
ACTION: Noah to send this example to WSA experts and ask them to clarify and/or poke holes in it
18:58:23 [Roy]
Topic: Searchable content and semantic Web
18:58:39 [Roy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Nov/0028.html
18:58:55 [Roy]
http://base.google.com/base/about.html
18:59:10 [ht]
So I misunderstood google's own advertising of, http://www.google.com/base/a/15753386180997773819
19:00:05 [timbl]
Labels are any keywords or phrases – such as recipe, event, or product – that can be used to classify or describe your item.
19:00:08 [timbl]
Attributes are words or phrases that help describe the characteristics and qualities of your items. You may enter multiple values for a particular attribute separated by commas.
19:00:37 [Roy]
HT: reading their blurb it seems like they are hosting, but they are really only hosting metadata and links
19:02:39 [ht]
or gifs or jpgs
19:04:53 [Roy]
RF: it is a mini-publishing system, with expiration times on items (max 31 days)
19:05:16 [Roy]
RF: think classified ads
19:07:26 [Roy]
RF: I am having difficulty seeing why this is relevant to the TAG
19:07:53 [Roy]
NM: just an example of current technology use of the Web and metadata
19:08:58 [Roy]
VQ: Any more agenda items? [none]
19:09:24 [Roy]
Topic: next week's telecon
19:09:44 [Roy]
VQ: Is anyone else not available?
19:10:02 [Roy]
HT: on plane
19:10:06 [Roy]
VQ: on plane
19:10:42 [Roy]
VQ: I suggest we just skip the next telecon. Any objections? [none]
19:11:06 [ht]
Tim, please have a quick look at http://www.w3.org/2005/Talks/1201-TAG-report/
19:11:16 [Roy]
VQ: next meeting at F2F at MIT
19:11:17 [Zakim]
-TimBL
19:11:18 [Zakim]
-Ed
19:11:18 [Zakim]
-Norm
19:11:19 [Zakim]
-Vincent
19:11:19 [Zakim]
-Noah_Mendelsohn
19:11:19 [ht]
If you can -- thanks
19:11:21 [Zakim]
-DanC
19:11:21 [Roy]
ADJOURNED
19:11:24 [Zakim]
-Ht
19:11:35 [Roy]
rrsagent, pointer?
19:11:35 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2005/11/22-tagmem-irc#T19-11-35
19:11:50 [Roy]
rrsagent, make world-access
19:11:50 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make world-access', Roy. Try /msg RRSAgent help
19:11:59 [Roy]
rrsagent, make log world-access
19:12:07 [Zakim]
-Roy
19:12:08 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has ended
19:12:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.916.785.aaaa, Norm, DanC, Ht, Roy, Vincent, Ed, Noah_Mendelsohn, TimBL
19:12:38 [ht]
roy, do you want the minutes script run?
19:13:07 [Roy]
no
19:13:28 [ht]
Then I won't tell you how to :-)
19:13:29 [Roy]
I prefer to do it myself after editing the log
19:13:35 [ht]
understood
19:13:36 [ht]
Cheers
19:13:45 [Roy]
cheers
20:02:56 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
20:14:59 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
21:11:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem
21:35:55 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
23:38:23 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem