IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-11-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

00:00:48 [Becky]
Topic: GL 2.2 L1 SC1
00:05:29 [Becky]
ack G
00:07:41 [gregg]
In response to becky's question about whether HTTP Refresh techniques are needed, I'd suggest that we generalize these to say something like "using server-side techniques to automatically redirect pages after a timeout." (not sure, but I think ASP can be used create this same issue)
00:09:32 [Becky]
Resolution: adopt Ben's comment to generalize HTTP refresh techniques to say something like, "using server-side techniques to automatically redirect pages after a timeout."
00:14:55 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
00:15:19 [Becky]
Resolution: add the following editorial note to GL 2.2 L1 SC1: The Working Group is considering adding techniques and/or modifying the success criterion to ensure addtional accessibility features are employed for events where no alternative to a timeout is possible or where timing is essential.
00:16:02 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept GL 2.2 L1 SC1 and its Guide doc with the editorial note resolved upon above.
00:16:40 [Becky]
Topic: Consider Promotion of Guideline 2.2 Level 3 Success Criterion 3 to Level 2
00:20:01 [David]
q+
00:22:51 [Becky]
ack D
00:23:29 [Becky]
ack G
00:24:27 [David]
q+
00:27:36 [Becky]
ack D
00:27:53 [ben]
zakim, +1.415.440.aabb is Alex_Li
00:27:53 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li; got it
00:28:03 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
00:28:22 [Zakim]
+??P9
00:28:31 [bengt]
zakim, ??P9 is Bengt_Farre
00:28:31 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
00:29:20 [Becky]
ack +1
00:29:36 [Becky]
q+
00:31:28 [Becky]
q-
00:34:07 [Becky]
Action: Gian continue action item to find techniques that do not require specific technologies not commonly in the baseline to implement.
00:38:33 [Becky]
Resolution: accept GL 2.2 L3 SC3 and its Guide Doc
00:40:12 [Becky]
zakim, close this item
00:40:12 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
00:40:13 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
00:40:14 [Zakim]
4. Guideline 1.2 and 2.1 [from ben]
00:40:15 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li.a
00:40:23 [Becky]
zakim, take up next item
00:40:23 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Guideline 1.2 and 2.1" taken up [from ben]
00:40:28 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
00:40:42 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
00:40:49 [David]
test
00:41:10 [RylaDog]
RylaDog has joined #wai-wcag
00:43:13 [Becky]
Topic: Proposal to change Success Criteria for GL 1.2
00:43:26 [ben]
agenda?
00:43:33 [ben]
zakim, close this item
00:43:33 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
00:43:35 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
00:43:36 [Zakim]
5. Guideline 1.3 and 2.4 issues. [from ben]
00:43:40 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
00:43:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Guideline 1.2 and 2.1" taken up [from ben]
00:49:05 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
00:49:05 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
00:50:21 [David]
q+
00:51:32 [ben]
ack Gian
00:53:50 [Becky]
ack D
00:55:11 [Becky]
ack l
00:56:14 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
00:56:14 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
01:04:55 [Becky]
Replace current editorial note with new text: "Working group is seeking comment on the following proposal for GL 1.2 (paste proposal from survey)"
01:05:04 [Becky]
Resolution: Replace current editorial note with new text: "Working group is seeking comment on the following proposal for GL 1.2 (paste proposal from survey)"
01:10:07 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Guide doc for GL 1.2 L1 SC1.
01:10:28 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Guide doc for GL 1.2 L1 SC2
01:11:24 [Becky]
Topic: SC text and Guide Doc for GL 2.1 L1 SC1
01:15:12 [RylaDog]
RylaDog has joined #wai-wcag
01:18:15 [Becky]
q+
01:18:47 [Becky]
q-
01:19:47 [David]
scribe: David
01:21:12 [ben]
ack Gian
01:21:59 [Becky]
scribe: Becky
01:22:29 [Becky]
ack K
01:26:39 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Success criterion and Guide doc for GL 2.1 L1 SC1 with suggested editorial changes.
01:27:11 [Becky]
Topic: definition of programmatically determined
01:29:39 [Becky]
Resolution: accept definition of programmatically determined as, "can be recognized by user agents, including assistive technologies, that support the technologies in the chosen baseline" and remove the editorial note.
01:29:57 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
01:30:00 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
01:30:09 [Zakim]
-Gian_Sampson-Wild
01:30:10 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
01:30:11 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
01:30:12 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
01:30:12 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
01:30:14 [Zakim]
-Andi
01:30:15 [Becky]
zakim, close this item
01:30:16 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
01:30:17 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
01:30:18 [Zakim]
5. Guideline 1.3 and 2.4 issues. [from ben]
01:30:21 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
01:31:17 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
01:38:58 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
01:39:52 [jslatinOFHNetIRC]
jslatinOFHNetIRC has joined #wai-wcag
01:40:35 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
01:41:06 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
01:41:08 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
01:41:21 [ben]
agenda?
01:41:29 [ben]
zakim, close this item
01:41:29 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, ben
01:41:37 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 5
01:41:37 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Guideline 1.3 and 2.4 issues." taken up [from ben]
01:41:46 [ben]
results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2005-11-10s3/results
01:42:56 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
01:43:21 [ben]
scribe: David
01:43:39 [ben]
Topic: 2.4 L1 SC1
01:44:26 [Zakim]
+??P6
01:44:44 [ben]
zakim, ??P6 is Andi
01:44:44 [Zakim]
+Andi; got it
01:45:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
01:45:08 [Makoto]
[IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
01:45:23 [ben]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
01:45:23 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
01:46:43 [Zakim]
-Andi
01:48:12 [Zakim]
+??P6
01:48:26 [ben]
zakim, ??P6 is Andi
01:48:26 [Zakim]
+Andi; got it
01:50:37 [Zakim]
+??P10
01:50:50 [bengt]
zakim, ??P10 is Bengt_Farre
01:50:50 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
01:56:08 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li.a
01:57:38 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
01:57:49 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
01:59:15 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
01:59:59 [Becky]
zakim, I am Becky_
01:59:59 [Zakim]
ok, Becky, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
02:00:10 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
02:00:10 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
02:00:49 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
02:01:02 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
02:01:02 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
02:01:41 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
02:01:55 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
02:01:55 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
02:18:30 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
02:18:30 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
02:24:16 [RylaDog]
RylaDog has joined #wai-wcag
02:27:09 [David]
resolution: accept the sc and guide doc as edited "Navigational features within the content can be programmatically determined." and Adopt alternate definition from the F2F . 2.4 L1 SC1
02:30:52 [David]
zakim, who's on the phone?
02:30:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben_and_Gregg, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Sofia_Celic, Christophe_Strobbe, John_Slatin, David_MacDonald, Makoto_Ueki, Andi, Bengt_Farre, Alex_Li,
02:30:55 [Zakim]
... Becky_Gibson (muted)
02:37:48 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
02:37:48 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
02:42:22 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
02:42:22 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
02:49:33 [Christophe]
q+ to say "Semantic structure could be interpreted as applying to text as such."
02:50:10 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
02:50:10 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
02:50:12 [Becky]
q
02:50:16 [Becky]
q+
02:50:23 [ben]
ack Lor
02:50:46 [ben]
ack Chr
02:50:46 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say "Semantic structure could be interpreted as applying to text as such."
02:51:27 [ben]
ack Becky
02:52:35 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
02:52:35 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
02:57:52 [David]
resolution: unanimous consent the wording of GL L SC1 changed to read "perceivable structures within the content can be programmatically determined."
02:58:13 [David]
zakim, who's making noise?
02:58:25 [Zakim]
David, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ben_and_Gregg (100%), Makoto_Ueki (10%)
02:59:17 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
02:59:17 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
03:03:02 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
03:03:02 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
03:04:27 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
03:04:27 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
03:04:45 [Christophe]
q+ to say "Clarify that HTML techniques apply only to versions before XHTML 2?"
03:06:14 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
03:06:14 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
03:06:37 [David]
resolution: accept guide doc as edited, GL 1.3 L1 SC1
03:07:44 [Christophe]
ack chr
03:07:44 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say "Clarify that HTML techniques apply only to versions before XHTML 2?"
03:08:17 [David]
Topic: 1.3 L3
03:10:36 [Becky]
Q+
03:11:01 [Becky]
ack B
03:11:11 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
03:11:11 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
03:13:27 [Sofia]
q+
03:16:22 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
03:16:22 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson was not muted, Becky
03:16:41 [ben]
ack Sofia
03:16:43 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
03:16:43 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
03:17:15 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
03:17:15 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
03:21:00 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
03:21:00 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
03:21:28 [David]
resolution: adopt Christophe's edit to 1.3 L3 SC2 "Information required to understand and operate content does not rely solely on shape, size, visual location or orientation of components."
03:23:25 [Zakim]
+??P15
03:23:30 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
03:24:22 [Christophe]
zakim, +??P15 is Gian_Sampson-Wild
03:24:22 [Zakim]
sorry, Christophe, I do not recognize a party named '+??P15'
03:24:48 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
03:25:28 [Christophe]
zakim, +??P15 is Gian_Sampson-Wild
03:25:28 [Zakim]
sorry, Christophe, I do not recognize a party named '+??P15'
03:25:56 [Becky]
zakim, ??P15 is Gian_Sampson-Wild
03:25:56 [Zakim]
+Gian_Sampson-Wild; got it
03:28:08 [David]
resolution: adopt 1.3 L3 SC2 guide doc as edited
03:28:10 [ben]
zakim, close this item
03:28:10 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
03:28:11 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
03:28:12 [Zakim]
6. Guideline 1.3 L3 SC1 (not discussed last week) [from ben]
03:28:28 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 6
03:28:28 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Guideline 1.3 L3 SC1 (not discussed last week)" taken up [from ben]
03:28:42 [David]
topic: 3.1 L3 SC1
03:30:20 [David]
Topic:1.3 L3 SC1
03:30:35 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
03:31:32 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
03:31:32 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should no longer be muted
03:32:06 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
03:32:36 [David]
resolution: change "determined programatically" to "programatically determined"
03:33:04 [David]
resolution: change "determined programatically" to "programatically determined" 1.3 L3 SC1
03:33:23 [Becky]
zakim, mute me
03:33:23 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson should now be muted
03:40:12 [David]
resolution: accept Guide doc for 1.3 L3 SC1 as edited
03:40:48 [ben]
zakim, close this item
03:40:48 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
03:40:49 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
03:40:50 [Zakim]
7. Guideline 3.1 [from ben]
03:40:56 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 7
03:40:56 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Guideline 3.1" taken up [from ben]
03:41:01 [David]
GL 3.1 L1 SC3
03:44:19 [ben]
survey: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/meaning20051014/results#xL3SC2
03:57:42 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
03:59:08 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
04:03:51 [David]
resolution: adopt guide doc as edited GL 3.1 L 3 SC 1
04:04:44 [David]
resolution: adopt guide doc as edited GL 3.1 L 3 SC 1 (restricted words-unusual words)
04:05:28 [David]
3.1 L3 SC3
04:05:43 [David]
Topic: 3.1 L3 SC3
04:10:31 [Christophe]
q+ to say "I don't see how this can be done in VoiceXML."
04:12:22 [Christophe]
ack chr
04:12:22 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say "I don't see how this can be done in VoiceXML."
04:22:37 [David]
Resolution: accept edits for GL 3.1 L3 SC3 (acronym expansions)
04:23:57 [David]
Resolution: accept guide doc edits for GL 3.1 L3 SC3
04:26:49 [Christophe]
q+
04:31:36 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
04:40:28 [David]
resolution: adopt edited guide doc for 4.2 L1 SC2
04:45:38 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
04:45:38 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
04:46:43 [ben]
resolution: * The content and properties of user interface elements that can be changed via the user interface can also be directly changed programmatically.
04:46:44 [ben]
04:46:44 [ben]
NOTE: Some examples of standardized properties that typically can be changed by the user interface include its value, whether it is currently selected, and whether it currently has the focus.
04:49:47 [David]
resolution: adopt the wording for SC 4.2 L1 SC 5 "The content and properties of user interface elements that can be changed via the user interface can also be directly changed programmatically. " with the ednote:NOTE: Some examples of standardized properties that typically can be changed by the user interface include its value, whether it is currently selected, and whether it currently has the focus.
04:50:48 [David]
s/NOTE: Some examples of standardized properties that typically can be changed by the user interface include its value, whether it is currently selected, and whether it currently has the focus./
04:53:39 [ben]
agenda?
04:53:45 [ben]
zakim, close this item
04:53:45 [Zakim]
agendum 7 closed
04:53:46 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
04:53:47 [Zakim]
8. Guideline 4.2 [from ben]
04:53:52 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 8
04:53:53 [Zakim]
agendum 8, Guideline 4.2, closed
04:53:53 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
04:53:56 [David]
Resolution: adopt edited guide doc for Accept 4.2 L1 SC6?
04:54:34 [ben]
agenda+ Baseline
04:54:40 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 9
04:54:40 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Baseline" taken up [from ben]
04:55:06 [ben]
GV's post: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005OctDec/0469.html
04:56:36 [David]
topic: baseline doc, change conformance section to say Baselines are a set of technologies but the claim would state its baseline, say what else it used beyond the baseline, but what it relied on wa optiional,
04:58:37 [David]
resolution: adopt the proposed rewording to conformance section to relect that baseline is what is requied and relied is optional
05:01:00 [David]
resolution: ednote: the working group s developing language to distinguish between web content and downloaded files which is not content...
05:01:31 [Sofia]
q+
05:01:58 [David]
resolution: The Working Group is developing language to differentiate between Web content on the one hand and downloaded files and other non-Web content on the other.
05:03:16 [David]
resolution: The Working Group is developing language to differentiate between Web content on the one hand and downloaded software and other non-Web content on the other.
05:03:20 [Sofia]
q-
05:03:36 [Christophe]
q+
05:03:43 [Christophe]
q-
05:04:52 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
05:09:39 [David]
Motion: to authorize the editors to make any additional cleanup needed to prepare the document with notification to the working group of any non-editorial changes
05:10:06 [David]
resolution: unanimous. to authorize the editors to make any additional cleanup needed to prepare the document with notification to the working group of any non-editorial changes
05:12:00 [Zakim]
-Gian_Sampson-Wild
05:12:21 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
05:12:23 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
05:12:23 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
05:12:24 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
05:12:24 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
05:12:25 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
05:12:26 [Zakim]
-Ben_and_Gregg
05:12:27 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
05:12:28 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
05:12:30 [Zakim]
-Andi
05:12:32 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
05:12:51 [ben]
RRSAgent, please generate minutes
05:12:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/11/11-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben
05:13:02 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
05:13:02 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
05:13:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, John_Slatin, Wendy, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Makoto_Ueki, Bengt_Farre, Michael_Cooper, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic,
05:13:02 [Zakim]
... Ben_and_Gregg, Don_Evans, Becky_Gibson, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Diane_Stottlemyer, Judy, Tim_Boland, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gez_Lemon, Andi
05:13:41 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
05:14:35 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG 2.0 Weekly Meeting (marathon)
05:15:23 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005OctDec/0453.html
05:15:39 [ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
05:15:39 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2005/11/11-wai-wcag-irc#T05-15-39
05:16:46 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
05:17:51 [Andi]
Andi has left #wai-wcag
05:21:32 [ben]
Present: Gian_Sampson-Wild, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, John_Slatin, Wendy, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Makoto_Ueki, Bengt_Farre
05:21:32 [ben]
Ben_and_Gregg, Tim_Boland, Michael_Cooper, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic, Gez_Lemon, Don_Evans, Becky_Gibson, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Diane_Stottlemyer, Judy_Brewer
05:21:41 [ben]
RRSAgent, please generate minutes
05:21:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/11/11-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben
05:22:14 [ben]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, John_Slatin
05:22:25 [ben]
RRSAgent, please generate minutes
05:22:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/11/11-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben
05:24:49 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Castaldo, Takayuki_Watanabe, Roberto_Scano
05:24:59 [ben]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
05:24:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/11/11-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben
05:26:33 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
05:31:02 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
05:31:14 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
05:49:25 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
05:49:33 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag