IRC log of ws-addr on 2005-10-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:10:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-addr
19:10:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-ws-addr-irc
19:10:25 [mnot]
zakim, this will be ws_ad
19:10:25 [Zakim]
ok, mnot; I see WS_AddrWG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 50 minutes
19:10:40 [mnot]
Meeting: Web Services Addressing Working Group Teleconference
19:10:45 [mnot]
Chair: Mark Nottingham
19:11:06 [mnot]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/mid/BBA71019-D565-4E93-9BD7-A0EBD9B65497@bea.com
19:17:20 [abbie]
abbie has joined #ws-addr
19:46:55 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-addr
19:50:41 [TomRutt]
TomRutt has joined #ws-addr
19:53:25 [mlpeel]
mlpeel has joined #ws-addr
19:54:07 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has now started
19:54:15 [Zakim]
+ +44.238.022.aaaa
19:54:16 [MSEder]
MSEder has joined #ws-addr
19:55:03 [Zakim]
+Abbie_Barbir
19:57:09 [Nilo]
Nilo has joined #ws-addr
19:57:35 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-addr
19:58:30 [Zakim]
+??P3
19:58:33 [Zakim]
+Mark_Peel
19:58:43 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p3 is me
19:58:43 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
19:59:49 [Zakim]
+MSEder
19:59:55 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:00:09 [MSEder]
zakim,mute me
20:00:09 [Zakim]
MSEder should now be muted
20:00:20 [Zakim]
+Nilo_Mitra
20:00:43 [prasad]
prasad has joined #ws-Addr
20:01:03 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
20:01:50 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:01:57 [Zakim]
+MarkN
20:02:01 [Zakim]
+Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr
20:02:24 [Zakim]
+Prasad_Yendluri
20:02:41 [GlenD]
GlenD has joined #ws-addr
20:02:43 [Zakim]
+Hugo
20:02:47 [Zakim]
+Marc_Hadley
20:02:48 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-addr
20:02:50 [hugo]
Zakim, drop hugo
20:02:50 [Zakim]
Hugo is being disconnected
20:02:51 [Zakim]
-Hugo
20:02:54 [Zakim]
+Hugo
20:03:03 [Zakim]
+Pete_Wenzel
20:03:09 [Zakim]
+Steve_Vinoski
20:03:16 [marc]
marc has joined #ws-addr
20:03:29 [Zakim]
+pauld
20:03:31 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr
20:03:58 [anish]
anish has joined #ws-addr
20:04:08 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:04:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
20:04:24 [Paco]
Paco has joined #ws-addr
20:04:24 [Zakim]
+Anish
20:04:40 [RebeccaB]
RebeccaB has joined #ws-addr
20:05:18 [Zakim]
+Dave_Hull
20:05:44 [Zakim]
+Andreas_Bjarlestam
20:05:59 [MSEder]
zakim, unmute me
20:05:59 [Zakim]
MSEder should no longer be muted
20:06:29 [mnot]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:06:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andreas_Bjarlestam, +44.238.022.aaaa, Abbie_Barbir, TonyR, Mark_Peel, MSEder, [Microsoft], Nilo_Mitra, Tom_Rutt, Bob_Freund, MarkN, Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr,
20:06:32 [Zakim]
... Prasad_Yendluri, Hugo, Marc_Hadley, Pete_Wenzel, Steve_Vinoski, pauld, [IBM], [Microsoft.a], Anish, Dave_Hull
20:06:37 [Arun]
Arun has joined #ws-addr
20:06:59 [Zakim]
+[Sun]
20:07:02 [Arun]
zakim, [sun] is me
20:07:02 [Zakim]
+Arun; got it
20:07:04 [pauld]
zakim, Microsoft.a contains Marsh
20:07:04 [Zakim]
+Marsh; got it
20:07:11 [andreas]
andreas has joined #ws-addr
20:07:15 [Zakim]
+GlenD
20:07:36 [MSEder]
zakim,mute me
20:07:36 [Zakim]
MSEder should now be muted
20:08:07 [hugo]
Zakim, Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr really is Katy_Warr
20:08:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr really is Katy_Warr', hugo
20:08:25 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
20:08:28 [hugo]
Zakim, Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr is really Katy_Warr
20:08:28 [Zakim]
+Katy_Warr; got it
20:08:31 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
20:08:56 [pauld]
zakim, Microsoft.a contains MarcGoodner
20:08:56 [Zakim]
+MarcGoodner; got it
20:09:10 [pauld]
zakim, Microsoft contains Marsh
20:09:10 [Zakim]
+Marsh; got it
20:09:31 [MSEder]
zakim,unmute me
20:09:31 [Zakim]
MSEder should no longer be muted
20:09:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.831.332.aabb
20:10:15 [MSEder]
zakim,mute me
20:10:15 [Zakim]
MSEder should now be muted
20:10:36 [bob]
bob has joined #ws-addr
20:10:37 [MSEder]
sribe: MSEder
20:11:05 [MSEder]
topic: agenda item 3
20:11:28 [mnot]
{When "http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" is specified as
20:11:28 [mnot]
the address of an EPR, such as the ReplyTo or FaultTo EPR, the
20:11:28 [mnot]
underlying SOAP protocol binding provides a channel to the specified
20:11:28 [mnot]
endpoint. Any underlying protocol binding supporting the SOAP
20:11:28 [mnot]
request-response message exchange pattern provides such a channel for
20:11:29 [mnot]
response messages. For instance, the SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding[SOAP 1.2 Part
20:11:31 [mnot]
2: Adjuncts] puts the reply message in the HTTP response.
20:11:34 [mnot]
}
20:11:35 [mnot]
Note that the only difference with what is recorded in the minutes (and
20:11:37 [mnot]
reflected to the CR resolution) and what I remember is the clause (",
20:11:39 [mnot]
such as ...") which appears editorial, but I thought I should bring this
20:11:41 [mnot]
up. In my opinion, my recollection provides clearer text, but I want to
20:11:43 [mnot]
check since I want to send it to the ws-rx tc.
20:12:23 [Marsh]
Marsh has joined #ws-addr
20:12:34 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-addr
20:12:40 [GlenD]
+1
20:12:41 [MSEder]
text posted to IRC as resolution
20:13:09 [MSEder]
resolution: no objections to Umits resolution from the face-to-face
20:13:14 [Zakim]
+Umit_Yalcinalp
20:13:24 [Zakim]
+JeffM
20:14:46 [MSEder]
resolution: no objections to posting minutes from face-to-face with Umits amendments.
20:15:17 [uyalcina]
uyalcina has joined #ws-addr
20:15:23 [MSEder]
resolution: no objections to posting minutes from last week's face-to-face
20:15:38 [MSEder]
October 10, 2005
20:15:48 [Arun]
brb
20:16:01 [MSEder]
topic:review of action items
20:16:23 [MSEder]
Marc has completed his action items
20:16:39 [MSEder]
Umit will get to her items next week
20:16:47 [MSEder]
Paul completed his action item
20:17:09 [MSEder]
Anish has not been able to get to his action item
20:17:37 [MSEder]
topic: 5 proposed and new issues
20:17:58 [MSEder]
Katy will own the issue
20:18:06 [Arun]
back
20:20:08 [anish]
q+
20:20:21 [MSEder]
Katy: summarizes the issue
20:20:26 [mnot]
ack anish
20:21:41 [Zakim]
+Dave_Orchard
20:21:52 [MSEder]
topic: i065 - What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?
20:21:52 [MSEder]
i065 - What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?
20:21:52 [MSEder]
i065 - What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?
20:21:52 [MSEder]
i065 - What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?
20:21:52 [MSEder]
topic: i065 - What to do when SOAPAction and Default Action Pattern conflict?
20:22:50 [MSEder]
discussion about changing the must to a should
20:23:36 [MSEder]
a plus 1 from Glenn's cat
20:24:36 [MSEder]
a number of people speaking for the original solution as proposed by Katy
20:26:33 [anish]
q+
20:26:39 [Marsh]
q+
20:27:18 [MSEder]
Glenn: cleaner to keep WS-A action and soap action as the same thing
20:27:36 [mnot]
ack anish
20:27:52 [GlenD]
s/Glenn/Glen/g
20:29:05 [MSEder]
Anish: value of soap action in WSDL has to be URI?
20:29:41 [mnot]
ack Marsh
20:30:48 [Zakim]
+DOrchard
20:30:52 [Zakim]
-Dave_Orchard
20:32:19 [MSEder]
Mark: wants to know if people are ready to close this issue
20:33:25 [MSEder]
action: Katy to document the current proposals, and put them in an e-mail for next week
20:33:30 [marc]
Need to consider which migration scenario is more important: WSDL without WS-Addr or WSDL with WS-Addr submission - that shoudl inform our discussion
20:33:35 [MSEder]
resolution: Katy will document the current proposals in an e-mail for future discussion
20:33:47 [jeffm]
jeffm has joined #ws-addr
20:34:06 [MSEder]
topic: agenda item 6
20:34:23 [MSEder]
resolution: wait for proposals
20:34:34 [marc]
http://www.w3.org/mid/4B4D2001-302D-48CD-9FA4-C170E0891718@Sun.COM
20:35:03 [MSEder]
topic: cr8 - SOAPAction
20:35:18 [MSEder]
Marc: summarizes issue
20:36:42 [MSEder]
Mark: by nature restricted a soap 1.1
20:36:48 [MSEder]
Marc: Yes
20:38:17 [MSEder]
Anish: what does soap 1.2 say
20:40:41 [MSEder]
Marc: issue restricted to SOAP 1.1
20:41:07 [MSEder]
resolution: accept Marc's proposal for cr8
20:41:39 [MSEder]
mark: no more open CR issues
20:42:14 [Marsh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Oct/0055.html
20:42:33 [MSEder]
Marsh: is there a CR issue about what action should be used for general purpose soap faults
20:43:40 [MSEder]
... why are we not saying anything about soap faults
20:43:55 [MSEder]
... proposal is to use our general URI
20:44:56 [MSEder]
Marc: soap already has strict definition about what is the fault
20:45:59 [MSEder]
... does not see that we have to do this
20:47:42 [dhull]
(I prefer "different from", "different to" just sounds British to me, "different than" bugs me, but it's not ungrammatical)
20:48:39 [MSEder]
Marsh: maybe we need to talk more about faults
20:49:03 [TomRutt]
TomRutt has joined #ws-addr
20:50:28 [MSEder]
resolution: Marsh will post this issue to the CR list
20:50:44 [MSEder]
topic: CR testing
20:51:03 [MSEder]
Paul: summarizes issue
20:51:04 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Oct/0095.html
20:51:30 [MSEder]
Paul: test suite with test cases being built up
20:53:53 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Oct/att-0095/CR_TestCases-fixed.html
20:55:13 [MSEder]
Mark: how should we proceed on this?
20:55:45 [MSEder]
... maybe we need an extra call or people go back and look at this
20:56:42 [MSEder]
... identify soon who is planning to do testing
20:57:36 [MSEder]
Glen: Apache is planning to
20:57:48 [MSEder]
Katy: IBM is planning to
20:58:08 [marc]
Arun: Sun is planning to
20:58:08 [MSEder]
Microsoft and Sun
20:59:19 [MSEder]
Mark: should we have a separate testers call?
20:59:44 [MSEder]
Glen: General agreement
21:01:05 [Zakim]
-Marc_Hadley
21:01:06 [Zakim]
-Arun
21:01:07 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
21:01:08 [Zakim]
-JeffM
21:01:09 [Zakim]
-[IBM]
21:01:10 [Zakim]
-DOrchard
21:01:11 [Zakim]
- +1.831.332.aabb
21:01:12 [bob]
bob has left #ws-addr
21:01:12 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
21:01:14 [Zakim]
-Dave_Hull
21:01:15 [Zakim]
-GlenD
21:01:16 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
21:01:18 [Zakim]
-Hugo
21:01:20 [Zakim]
-Mark_Peel
21:01:20 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-addr
21:01:22 [Zakim]
-pauld
21:01:24 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:01:26 [Zakim]
-MarkN
21:01:28 [Zakim]
-Prasad_Yendluri
21:01:30 [Zakim]
-Anish
21:01:32 [Zakim]
-Nilo_Mitra
21:01:34 [Zakim]
-Pete_Wenzel
21:01:36 [Zakim]
-TonyR
21:01:38 [Zakim]
- +44.238.022.aaaa
21:01:40 [Zakim]
-Katy_Warr
21:01:42 [Zakim]
-Andreas_Bjarlestam
21:01:44 [Zakim]
-Steve_Vinoski
21:02:12 [MSEder]
Zakim, list participants
21:02:12 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +44.238.022.aaaa, Abbie_Barbir, Mark_Peel, TonyR, MSEder, Nilo_Mitra, Tom_Rutt, Bob_Freund, MarkN, Prasad_Yendluri, Hugo, Marc_Hadley,
21:02:12 [MSEder]
zakim, list partcipants
21:02:15 [Zakim]
... Pete_Wenzel, Steve_Vinoski, pauld, [IBM], Anish, Dave_Hull, Andreas_Bjarlestam, Arun, Marsh, GlenD, Katy_Warr, MarcGoodner, +1.831.332.aabb, Umit_Yalcinalp, JeffM,
21:02:17 [Zakim]
... Dave_Orchard, DOrchard
21:02:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list partcipants', MSEder
21:02:37 [MSEder]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
21:02:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-ws-addr-minutes.html MSEder
21:02:47 [MSEder]
zakim, bye
21:02:47 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +44.238.022.aaaa, Abbie_Barbir, Mark_Peel, TonyR, MSEder, Nilo_Mitra, Tom_Rutt, Bob_Freund, MarkN, Prasad_Yendluri, Hugo, Marc_Hadley,
21:02:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-addr
21:02:48 [Katy]
Katy has left #ws-addr
21:02:50 [Zakim]
... Pete_Wenzel, Steve_Vinoski, pauld, [IBM], Anish, Dave_Hull, Andreas_Bjarlestam, Arun, Marsh, GlenD, Katy_Warr, MarcGoodner, +1.831.332.aabb, Umit_Yalcinalp, JeffM,
21:02:53 [Zakim]
... Dave_Orchard, DOrchard
21:02:58 [MSEder]
RRSAgent, bye
21:02:58 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-ws-addr-actions.rdf :
21:02:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Katy to document the current proposals, and put them in an e-mail for next week [1]
21:02:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-ws-addr-irc#T20-33-25