IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-09-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:01:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/09/29-wai-wcag-irc
20:01:59 [rellero]
zakim, IPcaller is rellero
20:01:59 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
20:02:01 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, Luca_Mascaro is LucaMascaro
20:02:01 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:02:04 [rscano]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:02:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Scano, Bengt_Farre, LucaMascaro, Gregg_and_Ben, Andi, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, rellero, Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:06 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, mute me
20:02:07 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:02:08 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:02:18 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:18 [rellero]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
20:02:18 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:02:27 [rcastaldo]
HI folks :)
20:02:28 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:30 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:02:34 [LucaMascaro]
Hi roberto
20:02:35 [Becky]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
20:02:35 [Zakim]
ok, Becky, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
20:02:51 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
20:02:51 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:02:55 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:03:09 [rellero]
Hi
20:03:15 [rcastaldo]
Ciao
20:03:17 [rellero]
ciao
20:03:23 [ben_]
zakim, who is here
20:03:23 [Zakim]
ben_, you need to end that query with '?'
20:03:28 [ben_]
zakim, who is here?
20:03:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Scano (muted), Bengt_Farre, LucaMascaro (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Andi, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero,
20:03:31 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Michael_Cooper, ??P12
20:03:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gregg, rcastaldo, RRSAgent, Michael, Andi, Christophe, rellero, David, ben_, Zakim, Becky, LucaMascaro, rscano, bengt
20:03:35 [rscano]
zakim, ??P12 is Roberto_Castaldo
20:03:35 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Castaldo; got it
20:03:36 [ben_]
zakim, ??P12 is Roberto_Castaldo
20:03:36 [Zakim]
I already had ??P12 as Roberto_Castaldo, ben_
20:03:47 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:04:03 [ben_]
zakim, [Microsoft] is Rob_Haverty
20:04:03 [Zakim]
+Rob_Haverty; got it
20:04:14 [ben_]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:04:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Scano (muted), Bengt_Farre, LucaMascaro (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Andi, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero,
20:04:18 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Michael_Cooper, Roberto_Castaldo, Rob_Haverty
20:04:48 [rscano]
Me thing: this is a "Rob" mania :)
20:05:25 [ben_]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0882.html
20:05:34 [ben_]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:05:56 [ben_]
agenda+ Check-in and assignements for next guidelines (15 minutes)
20:06:05 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B: proposals and updates: (30 minutes)
20:06:06 [Zakim]
+Doyle_Burnett
20:06:16 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C: proposals and updates (30 minutes)
20:06:30 [ben_]
agenda+ Team A: proposals and updates (30 minutes)
20:09:12 [ben_]
zakim, Doyle_Burnett is Tim_Boland
20:09:12 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
20:10:12 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:10:15 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Check-in and assignements for next guidelines (15 minutes)" taken up [from ben_]
20:10:52 [ben_]
scribe: ben_
20:11:32 [ben_]
gv: next couple weeks - important to get rough drafts of guide docs and techniques in place before Oct. F2F
20:14:10 [ben_]
gv: wiki is also available for use in generating drafts http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/
20:15:21 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
20:15:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:15:22 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:15:24 [Zakim]
2. Team B: proposals and updates: (30 minutes) [from ben_]
20:15:27 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:15:27 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team B: proposals and updates: (30 minutes)" taken up [from ben_]
20:15:58 [ben_]
Team B Survey Results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20050928-teamb/results
20:17:23 [ben_]
Issue 1446 - http://trace.wisc.edu/bugzilla_wcag/show_bug.cgi?id=1446
20:20:20 [rcastaldo]
ok
20:20:23 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
20:20:25 [LucaMascaro]
i agree
20:21:50 [rscano]
me too
20:22:03 [ben_]
resolution: adopt proposed SC as advisory technique to the guide to guideline 3.1.
20:22:57 [ben_]
Issue 1398 - http://trace.wisc.edu/bugzilla_wcag/show_bug.cgi?id=1398
20:23:11 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
20:23:11 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
20:25:38 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
20:25:38 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
20:28:30 [ben_]
resolution: accept proposed resolution to 1398
20:28:41 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
20:29:09 [ben_]
Issue 1402 - http://trace.wisc.edu/bugzilla_wcag/show_bug.cgi?id=1402
20:29:21 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:29:36 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, ?? is LucaMascaro
20:29:36 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:29:40 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, mute me
20:29:40 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:31:53 [gregg]
ack l
20:31:59 [gregg]
ack t
20:37:40 [Christophe]
q+
20:40:17 [Christophe]
q-
20:42:13 [ben_]
action: team b to address christophe's issue (a.m., e.g., i.e, and other latin expansions aren't typicall meaningful to the user)
20:42:56 [ben_]
resolution: close 1402
20:43:06 [ben_]
resolution: close 1403 and 814
20:43:17 [ben_]
resolution: close 1405
20:44:17 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:44:17 [ben_]
resolution: close 1448 (change "YOUR OWN" to "the language of the delivery unit)
20:44:53 [ben_]
s/typicall/typically
20:45:05 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1551
20:45:41 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
20:45:48 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1566
20:49:34 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:53:31 [Andi]
q+
20:53:49 [bengt]
my response was actually that I dont agree with the reviewers, and the burden on the authors are justified to link to some dictionary.
20:53:58 [ben_]
q- alex
20:54:01 [ben_]
ack andi
20:57:07 [bengt]
gregg, refresh results I clicked on wron item ;)
20:59:53 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1628 once benefits and intent for these SC are cleaned up
21:01:44 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:01:44 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:01:51 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1629
21:02:20 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1712
21:02:46 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:02:46 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:04:10 [ben_]
action: becky to incorporate Christophe's comments related to abbr and IE into guide doc draft
21:04:19 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1745
21:04:35 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 495
21:04:48 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 853
21:05:06 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:05:06 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:05:07 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:05:08 [Zakim]
3. Team C: proposals and updates (30 minutes) [from ben_]
21:05:26 [ben_]
Team C survey results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamc-2/results
21:05:36 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:05:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team C: proposals and updates (30 minutes)" taken up [from ben_]
21:07:47 [ben_]
discussing: proposed definition of "input error"
21:10:46 [ben_]
resolution: define "input error" as: Any information provided by the user that is not accepted by the content or server. This includes:
21:10:46 [ben_]
* information that is required but omitted by the user.
21:10:46 [ben_]
* information that is provided by the user but that falls outside the required data format or values.
21:11:48 [ben_]
discussing: guide doc draft for 2.5 L2 SC1 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wcag-teamc/2005Sep/att-0060/Guide_to_Guideline_2_5_Level_2_Success_Criterion_1.htm
21:12:58 [ben_]
gv: general comments - techniques must have "ing" form -- can't use the word "must" (or any imperatives) in guide docs or techniques
21:17:30 [ben_]
action: team c to consider survey comments and revise draft as needed
21:17:37 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:17:37 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
21:17:38 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
21:17:40 [Zakim]
4. Team A: proposals and updates (30 minutes) [from ben_]
21:17:42 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 4
21:17:42 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Team A: proposals and updates (30 minutes)" taken up [from ben_]
21:17:59 [ben_]
Team A survey results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/3-2-issues-teama/
21:18:32 [ben_]
oops - results are: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/3-2-issues-teama/results
21:20:25 [ben_]
discussing: revisions to L3 SC1 and issues 1517, 1571, 1411, 744
21:23:14 [ben_]
ack alex
21:32:59 [ben_]
resolution: revise 3.2 L3 SC1 to read, "06Non-text content that appears on multiple delivery units and has the same function has consistent text alternatives.01"
21:33:25 [rcastaldo]
Folks, I've got to leave the call, I'm sorry
21:33:28 [ben_]
... and close issues 1517, 1571, 1411 and 744
21:33:32 [rcastaldo]
Bye everybody
21:33:38 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has left #wai-wcag
21:33:44 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Castaldo
21:34:40 [ben_]
discussing: definition of "focus"
21:35:47 [ben_]
Andi proposes: "The component where input is being directed."
21:36:50 [Becky]
q+
21:37:26 [Becky]
q-
21:37:39 [bengt]
mostly it is written "input focus"
21:37:59 [bengt]
because there can be different focus
21:38:24 [Zakim]
-Rob_Haverty
21:38:26 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
21:39:04 [bengt]
q+ use wording input focus
21:39:11 [bengt]
q+ to say use wording input focus
21:40:16 [bengt]
q-
21:44:20 [ben_]
resolution: do not define "focus"
21:44:54 [ben_]
resolution: accept revised definition of "change of context" and close issues 1568 and 1569?
21:46:10 [ben_]
resolution: close issues 1172, 1408, 1747, 931, 1410, 1458, 1510, 1716 and 1413 (all had unanimous survey results)
21:49:17 [ben_]
resolution: close issues 767 and 496 (with pointer to resolution to remove this SC from the guidelines in rationale)
21:52:10 [Andi]
q+
21:52:37 [ben_]
ack andi
22:02:05 [Zakim]
-Andi
22:02:50 [ben_]
resolution: close issue 1570 and reorder 3.2 L2 SC #1 and #2
22:03:00 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
22:03:00 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
22:03:01 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
22:04:17 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:04:50 [ben_]
assignments: Team A = 1.1, Team B = 1.2, Team C = 4.2
22:05:04 [ben_]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:05:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/09/29-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_
22:05:21 [ben_]
rrsagent, make log world
22:06:05 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:06:12 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
22:06:13 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:06:14 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
22:06:14 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:06:16 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:06:20 [ben_]
zakim, bye
22:06:20 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Scano, Bengt_Farre, Gregg_and_Ben, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Andi, Christophe_Strobbe,
22:06:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:06:23 [Zakim]
... LucaMascaro, Michael_Cooper, Roberto_Ellero, Roberto_Castaldo, Rob_Haverty, Tim_Boland
22:06:50 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:07:15 [ben_]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:07:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/09/29-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben_
22:07:27 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:08:06 [ben_]
ben_ has left #wai-wcag