IRC log of eo on 2005-09-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:09:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eo
12:09:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/09/09-eo-irc
12:09:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eo
12:09:19 [Justin]
zakim, this will be eowg
12:09:20 [Zakim]
ok, Justin; I see WAI_EOWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 21 minutes
12:09:30 [Justin]
Meeting: EOWG
12:09:43 [Wayne]
Wayne has joined #eo
12:10:03 [Justin]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2005JulSep/0140.html
12:14:21 [Wayne]
I'm ready to scribe.
12:15:37 [Justin]
good morning Wayne
12:15:56 [Wayne]
good morning
12:16:40 [shadi]
good afternoon all! ;)
12:16:48 [shadi]
zakim, ping me in 10
12:16:48 [Zakim]
ok, shadi
12:16:56 [Justin]
:-)
12:17:00 [Justin]
good afternoon shadi
12:18:56 [Wayne]
I don't think I'll ever live long enough to find live this international conversationl comon place.
12:26:48 [shawn]
Scribe: Wayne
12:26:49 [Zakim]
shadi, you asked to be pinged at this time
12:26:52 [shawn]
scribenick: wayne
12:26:58 [Zakim]
WAI_EOWG()8:30AM has now started
12:27:05 [Zakim]
+??P0
12:27:15 [Zakim]
+Doyle_Saylor
12:28:00 [Zakim]
-??P0
12:28:12 [Andrew]
Andrew has joined #eo
12:29:05 [Zakim]
+Shawn
12:29:50 [Zakim]
+??P0
12:29:53 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:30:01 [Zakim]
+Judy
12:30:14 [shadi]
hi aussi andrew
12:30:19 [Zakim]
+??P3
12:30:37 [Wayne]
zakim, p0 is wayne
12:30:37 [Zakim]
sorry, Wayne, I do not recognize a party named 'p0'
12:30:44 [Zakim]
+??P4
12:30:48 [Andrew]
Zakim, ??p4 is Andrew
12:30:48 [Zakim]
+Andrew; got it
12:30:56 [Wayne]
zakim, ??p0 is wayne
12:30:56 [Zakim]
+wayne; got it
12:31:08 [Zakim]
+??P6
12:31:08 [shawn]
zakim, ??P3 is Johanna
12:31:09 [Zakim]
+Johanna; got it
12:31:13 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has joined #eo
12:31:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.517.974.aaaa
12:31:20 [rcastaldo]
Hi all
12:31:21 [Justin]
zakim, aaa is Justin
12:31:21 [Zakim]
sorry, Justin, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
12:31:32 [Justin]
zakim, aaaa is Justin
12:31:32 [Zakim]
+Justin; got it
12:31:44 [Justin]
zakim, please mute me
12:31:44 [Zakim]
Justin should now be muted
12:31:46 [Zakim]
+??P7
12:32:35 [shawn]
zakim, who is here?
12:32:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Doyle_Saylor, Shawn, wayne, Shadi, Judy, Johanna, Andrew, ??P6, Justin (muted), ??P7
12:32:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rcastaldo, Andrew, Wayne, Zakim, RRSAgent, Justin, shadi, shawn
12:32:39 [Zakim]
+Bingham
12:32:41 [Zakim]
-Bingham
12:33:06 [shawn]
zakim, ??P6 is Helen(probably)
12:33:06 [Zakim]
+Helen(probably); got it
12:33:17 [Zakim]
+??P8
12:33:36 [rcastaldo]
01zakim, rcastaldo is Roberto Castaldo
12:33:57 [Zakim]
+Bingham
12:33:59 [shawn]
zakim, ??P7 is Roberto
12:33:59 [Zakim]
+Roberto; got it
12:34:11 [rcastaldo]
thanks Shawn
12:34:12 [shawn]
zakim, ??P8 is Tanguy
12:34:12 [Zakim]
+Tanguy; got it
12:34:36 [Justin]
zakim, please unmute me
12:34:36 [Zakim]
Justin should no longer be muted
12:34:44 [Andrew]
zakim, who is here?
12:34:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Doyle_Saylor, Shawn, wayne, Shadi, Judy, Johanna, Andrew, Helen(probably), Justin, Roberto (muted), Tanguy, Bingham
12:34:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rcastaldo, Andrew, Wayne, Zakim, RRSAgent, Justin, shadi, shawn
12:35:39 [Wayne]
zakim, mute me
12:35:39 [Zakim]
wayne should now be muted
12:35:56 [Justin]
zakim, mute me
12:35:56 [Zakim]
Justin should now be muted
12:36:15 [judy]
judy has joined #eo
12:36:54 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
12:36:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Doyle_Saylor, Shawn, wayne (muted), Shadi, Judy, Johanna, Andrew, Helen(probably), Justin (muted), Roberto, Tanguy, Bingham
12:36:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see judy, rcastaldo, Andrew, Wayne, Zakim, RRSAgent, Justin, shadi, shawn
12:37:01 [Justin]
Chair: Judy
12:37:29 [Justin]
Regrets: Barry, Sailesh, Alan, William
12:39:07 [Wayne]
Topic 1: Outreach
12:40:26 [Wayne]
Andrew, what is the exact title of that act that guarentees several rights in education?
12:40:40 [Harvey]
Harvey has joined #eo
12:41:03 [Andrew]
Disability Standards for Education - see links from http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/policies.html
12:43:02 [Andrew]
see also http://www.wanau.org/forums2005/perth.html
12:44:10 [Wayne]
Topic 2: Rorganization of the Evaluation Resource Suite
12:45:16 [Zakim]
+hbj
12:45:51 [Helle]
Helle has joined #eo
12:49:27 [Wayne]
Shawn: The purpose of today's review is to evaluate what we have for posting prior to completing all of the propsed sections. Are these ready to post, with a few changes, but without major rewriting?
12:49:57 [Wayne]
Topic: Outreach
12:50:14 [Wayne]
will move this down in rewrite
12:50:41 [Wayne]
Topic: Reorganization of the Evaluation Resource Suite
12:51:09 [Wayne]
move the early conversation.. to this point
12:52:08 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/Overview.html
12:52:26 [shadi]
zakim, mute hbj
12:52:26 [Zakim]
hbj was already muted, shadi
12:53:30 [Wayne]
Helen: Initial response is that the documents stand alone.
12:54:59 [Wayne]
zakim, mute me
12:54:59 [Zakim]
wayne should now be muted
12:55:29 [Wayne]
EOWG: The documents stand alone.
12:56:30 [shadi]
q+
12:57:51 [Wayne]
Shawn: Do we need to add a small business case paragraph to the overview page?
12:59:09 [Wayne]
Harvey: It wold add to the page and might attact readers.
12:59:36 [shadi]
q-
13:02:27 [shadi]
fyi old version: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/eval-links
13:02:50 [Wayne]
Shawn: On the Overview Page look now, does the list of items show up well.
13:03:15 [Wayne]
Doyle: I cannot see the whole list...
13:03:50 [Wayne]
Shawn: The intent was not to show the whole list, but that the list is there.
13:04:43 [Wayne]
wayne, mute me
13:04:56 [Wayne]
zakim, mute me
13:04:56 [Zakim]
wayne was already muted, Wayne
13:06:07 [Wayne]
Doyle: My impression is that 2 screens is a natural usability limit.
13:06:59 [Justin]
zakim, unmute me
13:06:59 [Zakim]
Justin should no longer be muted
13:07:43 [Wayne]
Shawn: One thing we would like to add is some kind of business benefits. For now we have just one addition to this list, but later there could be more.
13:09:09 [Wayne]
Judy: What if we had an h2 that has contents of resource suite.
13:10:39 [Wayne]
Shawn: We are using an anotated list pages -merges title anotation with a page contents box.
13:13:27 [Wayne]
Shadi: in the previous version the links were separated. See in IRC the "fyi old version..."
13:14:08 [Justin]
zakim, please mute me
13:14:08 [Zakim]
Justin should now be muted
13:18:39 [Wayne]
Roberto: The name "consideration for specific Contexts" needs work.
13:23:01 [judy]
(looking at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/template.html )
13:23:19 [Wayne]
Shawn: Is everyone comfortable with the currnet title for the "tools list".
13:24:51 [judy]
Shawn: ...and with the reporting template?
13:25:02 [judy]
[No objections]
13:25:19 [Wayne]
Shawn: Does the long title on anotated link list correspond well with the short title on the actual dlcument?
13:25:53 [Wayne]
EOWG: yes
13:26:44 [Wayne]
Shawn: Will we add the small business case paragraph be added now or with the next revision.
13:27:52 [Wayne]
Shadi: This would come quite soon? At this point the mini business case paragraph wuld be added.
13:29:38 [Wayne]
Shawn: Given the need for review and the editors schedule this would delay the posting by a month.
13:34:53 [Wayne]
Shawn: Reconsider the title "considerations for Specific Content".
13:37:41 [Wayne]
Shadi: The special considerations page came out in a face to face discussion, but we did not come up with a specific title.
13:40:43 [Justin]
zakim, please unmute me
13:40:43 [Zakim]
Justin should no longer be muted
13:41:25 [Wayne]
Hellen: If you read the page the title is clear, but the title does not lead you to the page.
13:43:11 [Justin]
Considerations for Evaluating Special Types of Web Sites
13:45:41 [Wayne]
EOWG Brainstorm: Managing, strategies, different kinds of websites, managine evaluation strategies your business might have...,
13:45:44 [judy]
brainstorm options:
13:45:49 [judy]
managing evaluation
13:45:53 [judy]
evaluation strategies
13:46:01 [Justin]
Things to Consider Along The Way
13:46:02 [judy]
evaluation approaches
13:46:14 [judy]
evaluation considerations
13:47:05 [Wayne]
zakim, mute me
13:47:05 [Zakim]
wayne should now be muted
13:47:05 [Harvey]
help with evaluation planning
13:47:19 [Andrew]
additional conderations
13:47:30 [Justin]
zakim, please mute me
13:47:30 [Zakim]
Justin should now be muted
13:48:21 [Wayne]
Johana: (spelling?) Accessibility evaluation needs to be clear?
13:48:25 [judy]
specific contexts for web accessibility evaluation
13:50:03 [Andrew]
Andrew: considerations for accessibility evaluation
13:50:30 [judy]
specific context consideration...
13:50:42 [Justin]
Special Considerations of Web Accessibility Evaluation
13:50:59 [Andrew]
Andrew: so what about - considerations for accessibility evaluation in specific contexts
13:51:27 [Wayne]
Roberto: Specific context is ok, long "specfic context for consideration".
13:51:42 [judy]
evaluation approaches for specific contexts
13:52:04 [judy]
context considerations for web accessibility evaluation
13:52:45 [judy]
contextual considerations for web accessibility evaluation
13:53:06 [judy]
specific contexts that influence evaluation
13:53:56 [Andrew]
Andrew likes Judy's suggestion "Evaluation Approaches for Specific Contexts"
13:54:39 [rcastaldo]
Specific contexts notes for 01web accessibility evaluation
13:54:46 [Wayne]
Judy: I favor something that includes web accessiblity. Reactions: Specific Contests for Web Accessibility Evaluation.
13:54:56 [judy]
evaluation approaches for specific contexts
13:55:04 [judy]
vs.
13:55:19 [judy]
specific contexts for web accessibility evaluation
13:55:20 [Wayne]
Andrew: Invert it Evaluation aproaches is the lead (key).
13:56:59 [Zakim]
-hbj
13:57:06 [Helle]
bye
13:57:27 [Wayne]
Judy: (1) Evaluation approaches for specific contexts (2) Specific Contexts for Web Accessibility Evaluation.
13:59:44 [Wayne]
EOWG: without objective.. votes for (1)
14:00:54 [Wayne]
Shawn: Approach for Specific Contexts would wrap but it might be complete.
14:01:04 [judy]
s/objective/objection
14:01:15 [Wayne]
Andrew: Just use "Specific Contexts" for the short name.
14:01:27 [Wayne]
EOWG: no objections
14:02:00 [Wayne]
shawn, what are the action items?
14:05:48 [Wayne]
Shawn: We move to 2c. Serious concerns..
14:08:22 [Zakim]
-Roberto
14:08:27 [rcastaldo]
Bye all
14:08:32 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has left #eo
14:11:41 [Harvey]
I'd like to have a feedback person to report problems to, with authority to get the problem fixed
14:13:07 [Wayne]
Shawn: Thare are many weakness to the page, so should we change it or pull it?
14:13:39 [Wayne]
EOWG: without objection, but with regrets we pull it.
14:16:24 [Wayne]
Judy: Would like reaction to the proposal: keep "selected topics" but pull the "large site" section.
14:16:44 [Wayne]
EOWG: aproves without objection.
14:18:39 [Wayne]
Judy: the four pages in draft listed in the agenda, should be put in place on the site with the changes noted in this meeting?
14:18:55 [Wayne]
EOWG: aproved without objection.
14:22:59 [Wayne]
Topic: Selecting Web Evaluation Tools Section
14:23:38 [Zakim]
-Bingham
14:24:36 [Wayne]
Shadi: The changes are section 3: Changed the names, check point coverage was changed. Both changes were suggested in group review.
14:24:39 [Andrew]
Currently http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/selectingtools.html
14:25:30 [Zakim]
+Bingham
14:27:07 [Harvey]
Harvey has joined #eo
14:34:18 [Justin]
zakim, please unmute me
14:34:18 [Zakim]
Justin should no longer be muted
14:35:31 [Justin]
zakim, please mute me
14:35:31 [Zakim]
Justin should now be muted
14:36:05 [Wayne]
Group: The last sentence of "What ...tools. cannot do" change "make Web sites accessible" to "determine Web sites accessibility."
14:36:51 [Wayne]
Shawn: Please fill out the survey when it comes relating to this meeting.
14:37:14 [Wayne]
Shawn, help how do I determine "action items"?
14:37:20 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:37:21 [Zakim]
-Doyle_Saylor
14:37:21 [Zakim]
-Tanguy
14:37:22 [Zakim]
-Bingham
14:37:22 [Zakim]
-Helen(probably)
14:37:24 [Zakim]
-Johanna
14:37:24 [Zakim]
-Judy
14:37:27 [shadi]
shadi has left #eo
14:37:39 [Zakim]
-Andrew
14:37:41 [Zakim]
-Justin
14:39:35 [Zakim]
-wayne
14:39:36 [Zakim]
-Shawn
14:39:37 [Zakim]
WAI_EOWG()8:30AM has ended
14:39:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were Doyle_Saylor, Shawn, Shadi, Judy, Andrew, wayne, Johanna, +1.517.974.aaaa, Justin, Bingham, Helen(probably), Roberto, Tanguy, hbj
14:40:54 [shawn]
present: Doyle_Saylor, Shawn, Shadi, Judy, Andrew, wayne, Johanna, Justin, Bingham, Helen, Roberto, Tanguy, Helle
14:41:20 [shawn]
zakim, bye
14:41:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #eo
14:41:27 [shawn]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:41:33 [shawn]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:41:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/09/09-eo-minutes.html shawn
14:41:55 [shawn]
ok, Wayne. you should be able to get the minutes from above URI.
14:43:26 [Andrew]
hey wayne/shawn - who was Johanna?
14:44:31 [Wayne]
Thank you!
14:49:58 [shawn]
Johanna works with Barry. she's interested in eval resource suite. as soon as we figure out how she will fit into gropu, i'll ask her to e-mail introduction to herself to the list
14:50:05 [shawn]
(andrew, answer above)
14:50:30 [shawn]
rrsagent, bye
14:50:30 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items