IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-09-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:56:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-irc
19:56:04 [DonFEvans]
DonFEvans has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:04 [wendy]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:56:06 [wendy]
Agenda:
19:56:09 [wendy]
oops
19:56:38 [wendy]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0715.html
19:56:50 [wendy]
agenda+ Techniques Task Force (TTF) update
19:56:59 [wendy]
agenda+ 10.2 Mapping Proposal <http://tinyurl.com/c7mnq>
19:57:06 [wendy]
agenda+ Guideline 3.2 proposed SC <http://tinyurl.com/7fs8x>
19:57:17 [wendy]
agenda+ Plan to publish mapping <http://tinyurl.com/7mgb2>
19:57:33 [wendy]
agenda+ Document formats and templates. Proposal: <http://tinyurl.com/9wv6c>
19:57:44 [wendy]
agenda+ Teams and assignments
19:57:52 [wendy]
agenda+ Working Group "Heartbeat" Requirement <http://tinyurl.com/997s5>
19:57:57 [wendy]
Chair: Gregg
19:58:04 [wendy]
Meeting: WCAG WG weekly telecon
19:58:42 [Christophe_S]
Christophe_S has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:52 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:13 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:25 [nabe]
nabe has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:44 [wendy]
Regrets: Yvette Hoitink, Rob Haverty, Roberto Scano, Luca Mascaro
20:01:22 [ben]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:22 [Zakim]
sorry, ben, I don't know what conference this is
20:01:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see nabe, Michael, Tim, Christophe_S, Don, RRSAgent, ben, Zakim, wendy
20:01:35 [ben]
zakim, list conferences
20:01:35 [Zakim]
I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM active
20:01:36 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WAI_UAWG()2:00PM, XML_QueryWG(ttf)3:00PM
20:01:39 [ben]
zakim, this is WAI_WCAG
20:01:39 [Zakim]
ok, ben; that matches WAI_WCAG()4:00PM
20:01:40 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:45 [ben]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, ??P0, Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:01:45 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:56 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:05 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:02:08 [Zakim]
+Matt_May
20:02:19 [Zakim]
+Wendy
20:02:20 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:02:23 [ben]
zakim, ??P7 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:02:23 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:02:46 [nabe]
zakim, ??P0 is Takayuki_Watanabe
20:02:46 [Zakim]
+Takayuki_Watanabe; got it
20:02:49 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:02:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Takayuki_Watanabe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Don_Evans, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Matt_May, Gregg_and_Ben, Wendy
20:02:51 [Christophe_S]
zakim, I am Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:51 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe_S, I now associate you with Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:56 [wendy]
tim?
20:03:02 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:03:18 [nabe]
zakim, I am Takayuki_Watanabe
20:03:18 [Zakim]
ok, nabe, I now associate you with Takayuki_Watanabe
20:03:23 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:32 [rcastaldo]
Hi folks :)
20:03:40 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:41 [ben]
scribe: ben
20:04:02 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:04:29 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:04:32 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:46 [wendy]
zakim, ??P11 is Kate_Haritos-Shea
20:04:46 [Zakim]
+Kate_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:04:50 [ben]
zakim, ??P10 is Roberto_Costaldo
20:04:50 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Costaldo; got it
20:04:55 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:04:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Takayuki_Watanabe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Don_Evans, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Matt_May, Gregg_and_Ben, Wendy, John_Slatin,
20:04:59 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Costaldo, Kate_Haritos-Shea
20:05:00 [Zakim]
+Neil_Soiffer
20:05:10 [rellero]
problems with dialpad
20:05:28 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:05:47 [ben]
zakim, ??P13 is Gian_Sampson-Wild
20:05:47 [Zakim]
+Gian_Sampson-Wild; got it
20:06:11 [Zakim]
-Gian_Sampson-Wild
20:07:21 [Neil]
Neil has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:54 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:08:55 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:08:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Techniques Task Force (TTF) update" taken up [from wendy]
20:09:05 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Takayuki_Watanabe (40%)
20:09:11 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:09:13 [nabe]
zakim, mute me
20:09:13 [Zakim]
Takayuki_Watanabe should now be muted
20:09:28 [ben]
continued techniques harvesting prioritization and review
20:09:36 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:09:43 [bengt]
zakim, ??P13 is Bengt_Farre
20:09:43 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:09:52 [ben]
zakim, next agendum
20:09:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, ben
20:09:59 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:09:59 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:10:01 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:10:02 [Zakim]
2. 10.2 Mapping Proposal <http://tinyurl.com/c7mnq> [from wendy]
20:10:09 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:10:09 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "10.2 Mapping Proposal <http://tinyurl.com/c7mnq>" taken up [from wendy]
20:11:35 [Zakim]
+??P14
20:12:16 [Kesh]
Kesh has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:51 [ben]
zakim, ??P14 is Kerstin_Goldsmith
20:13:51 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith; got it
20:14:01 [ben]
q+
20:14:10 [Neil]
Neil has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:16 [wendy]
ack q
20:14:37 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:14:41 [gregg]
ack b
20:15:14 [Zakim]
-Matt_May
20:15:31 [Zakim]
+Matt_May
20:15:42 [ben]
zakim, ??P15 is Gian_Sampson-Wild
20:15:42 [Zakim]
+Gian_Sampson-Wild; got it
20:16:27 [wendy]
ack j
20:16:27 [ben]
ack John
20:17:21 [wendy]
q+ to say "# When a page or other delivery unit is navigated sequentially, elements receive focus in an order that follows relationships and sequences in the content. [I] level 3"
20:17:41 [gregg]
ack w
20:17:41 [Zakim]
wendy, you wanted to say "# When a page or other delivery unit is navigated sequentially, elements receive focus in an order that follows relationships and sequences in the
20:17:45 [Zakim]
... content. [I] level 3"
20:18:15 [Andi]
q+
20:19:10 [gregg]
a+
20:19:13 [gregg]
q+
20:19:17 [gregg]
ack andi
20:19:30 [ben]
ack gr
20:22:11 [mcmay]
mcmay has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:51 [wendy]
q+
20:26:30 [Andi]
q+
20:26:32 [ben]
ack w
20:26:33 [gregg]
ack w
20:28:08 [wendy]
chris' reasoning (to keep label positioning): http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0198.html
20:28:12 [gregg]
ack a
20:28:27 [wendy]
gez's feedback/position: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0199.html
20:30:14 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:30:41 [ben]
ack Tim
20:32:00 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:32:04 [Makoto]
zakim, ??P16 is Makoto
20:32:04 [Zakim]
+Makoto; got it
20:32:17 [wendy]
questions: 1. map 10.2 to 1.3 level 3 #1? if yes, done with mapping. 2. redefine prog. determined? if yes, accept ben's defn?
20:32:25 [wendy]
q+
20:33:19 [gregg]
ack w
20:35:36 [wendy]
Proposed wording programmatically determined means that the specific value can be determined in a standard and supported, machine or software readable form.
20:35:38 [wendy]
Current wording programmatically determined means that the specific value can be determined in a standard, machine or software readable form.
20:38:12 [ben]
issue: what is meant by "supported"? Is one screenreader enough?
20:38:21 [Zakim]
-Makoto
20:39:55 [wendy]
resolution: do not adopt proposed defn of programmatically determine b/c don't have defn of "supported" that isn't a "slippery slope."
20:40:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:40:25 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto
20:40:25 [Zakim]
+Makoto; got it
20:42:55 [ben]
resolution: map WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 10.2 to advisory.
20:43:20 [ben]
action: gian to look at proposal for new SC to address positioning of labels
20:44:24 [ben]
agenda?
20:44:40 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:44:40 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Guideline 3.2 proposed SC <http://tinyurl.com/7fs8x>" taken up [from wendy]
20:45:07 [Michael]
zakim, unmute me
20:45:07 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should no longer be muted
20:46:03 [Andi]
q+
20:46:14 [Michael]
q+
20:46:45 [Michael]
q-
20:46:51 [ben]
ack Andi
20:46:51 [gregg]
ack a
20:46:58 [wendy]
regrets+ Sebastiano Nutarelli
20:48:05 [ben]
ack Gian
20:48:42 [Andi]
q+
20:49:14 [gregg]
Q+
20:49:15 [ben]
ack John
20:49:51 [Andi]
q-
20:50:52 [ben]
ack gregg
20:52:36 [ben]
ack John
20:54:39 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:58:51 [Zakim]
-Neil_Soiffer
21:04:45 [Kesh]
q+
21:04:52 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:04:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Takayuki_Watanabe (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Gregg_and_Ben, Wendy, John_Slatin, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
21:04:56 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Costaldo (muted), Kate_Haritos-Shea, Bengt_Farre, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Matt_May, Makoto
21:05:10 [wendy]
17 people on the call
21:05:41 [Kesh]
q-
21:06:21 [wendy]
scribe: wendy
21:06:21 [ben]
ack John
21:06:54 [wendy]
scribe: ben
21:07:26 [ben]
resolution: do not include proposed SC, "Within a set of delivery units, components that are rendered the same have the same function."
21:07:37 [Zakim]
-Gian_Sampson-Wild
21:07:37 [wendy]
zakim, next item
21:07:38 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "10.2 Mapping Proposal <http://tinyurl.com/c7mnq>" taken up [from wendy]
21:07:42 [wendy]
scribe: wendy
21:07:51 [wendy]
oops. zakim, close item 2
21:07:55 [wendy]
zakim, close item 2
21:07:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2, 10.2 Mapping Proposal <http://tinyurl.com/c7mnq>, closed
21:07:56 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:07:58 [Zakim]
4. Plan to publish mapping <http://tinyurl.com/7mgb2> [from wendy]
21:08:06 [wendy]
zakim, take up item 4
21:08:06 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Plan to publish mapping <http://tinyurl.com/7mgb2>" taken up [from wendy]
21:09:16 [wendy]
gv - mapping will be published as part of "heartbeat requirement" - i.e., have to publish docs on rec track every 3 months. will be published as appendix to next wcag 2.0 WD in september.
21:10:09 [wendy]
heartbeat requirement in w3c process: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#three-month-rule
21:10:22 [wendy]
zakim, next item
21:10:33 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Document formats and templates. Proposal: <http://tinyurl.com/9wv6c>" taken up [from wendy]
21:11:44 [wendy]
comments? gv will be republishing after this call (and will include comments sent to the list thus far)
21:12:16 [Michael]
q+
21:12:22 [wendy]
ack m
21:12:37 [Zakim]
+PaulC/Christophe
21:12:43 [wendy]
techniques doc - "when does this tech work or not?" is that an applicability condition?
21:15:21 [wendy]
action: michael propose sentence about "applicabilty conditions" for doc formats and templates.
21:15:28 [wendy]
zakim, PaulC/Christophe is Gian
21:15:28 [Zakim]
+Gian; got it
21:15:57 [wendy]
resolution: adopt proposal as working documents and directions/templates.
21:16:02 [wendy]
zakim, next item
21:16:02 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Teams and assignments" taken up [from wendy]
21:19:07 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:19:19 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: Gian (4%), Christophe_Strobbe (12%), Gregg_and_Ben (100%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (4%), Makoto (4%)
21:19:36 [wendy]
zakim, who's muted?
21:19:36 [Zakim]
I see Takayuki_Watanabe, Roberto_Costaldo muted
21:19:55 [wendy]
zakim, mute christophe
21:19:55 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:19:59 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
21:19:59 [Zakim]
Makoto should now be muted
21:20:01 [wendy]
christophe - fyi - muted you.
21:22:19 [wendy]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:22:30 [Zakim]
wendy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tim_Boland (45%), Gregg_and_Ben (39%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (25%)
21:22:54 [wendy]
zakim, mute tim
21:22:54 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
21:23:30 [Kesh]
q+
21:23:59 [wendy]
ack ke
21:25:03 [wendy]
success criterion -> guide for SC -> sufficient techniques to meet SC -> tests to determine implementation of techniques
21:25:55 [wendy]
only guidelines and SC are normative. all other pieces are informative - "what the WCAG WG believes is sufficient"
21:26:46 [Andi]
q+
21:27:13 [wendy]
resolution: we will move from old model (1 Techniques Task Force working on techniques and tests) to new model (2 or 3 task forces working on end-to-end)
21:27:44 [wendy]
q+
21:27:47 [wendy]
ack a
21:27:58 [wendy]
ack w
21:30:50 [wendy]
q+
21:32:58 [wendy]
ack q
21:32:59 [gregg]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/09/teamtf.html
21:33:00 [wendy]
ack w
21:38:00 [wendy]
q+
21:38:56 [wendy]
q-
21:40:08 [Christophe_S]
q+ to say "What technologies are we trying to cover: HTML, CSS, Client-side scripting? Or also SVG?"
21:40:09 [Christophe_S]
zakim, unmute me
21:40:09 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:40:20 [wendy]
ack c
21:40:20 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe, you wanted to say "What technologies are we trying to cover: HTML, CSS, Client-side scripting? Or also SVG?"
21:40:52 [wendy]
q+
21:42:08 [ben]
ack wen
21:43:41 [Zakim]
-Kate_Haritos-Shea
21:45:10 [wendy]
zakim, next item
21:45:10 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Working Group "Heartbeat" Requirement <http://tinyurl.com/997s5>" taken up [from wendy]
21:45:15 [wendy]
zakim, close item 7
21:45:15 [Zakim]
agendum 7, Working Group "Heartbeat" Requirement <http://tinyurl.com/997s5>, closed
21:45:15 [Christophe_S]
q+ to say "Can we add more padding to 'p.instructions, div.instructions ' style rule in the techniques template (.5em), especially left and right"
21:45:17 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
21:47:13 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:47:17 [wendy]
ack christophe
21:47:17 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe, you wanted to say "Can we add more padding to 'p.instructions, div.instructions ' style rule in the techniques template (.5em), especially left and right"
21:47:21 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:47:25 [Tim]
Tim has left #wai-wcag
21:52:26 [wendy]
action: wendy create 3 separate mailing lists (1 for each task force/team) (public-wcag-teama, public-wcag-teamb, public-wcag-teamc ?)
21:57:29 [rcastaldo]
Bye all :)
21:57:30 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:57:31 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:57:32 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
21:57:32 [rcastaldo]
rcastaldo has left #wai-wcag
21:57:33 [Zakim]
-Wendy
21:57:34 [Zakim]
-Gian
21:57:35 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:57:36 [Zakim]
-Matt_May
21:57:36 [Kesh]
Kesh has left #wai-wcag
21:57:38 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
21:57:39 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:57:40 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:57:41 [Zakim]
-Makoto
21:57:43 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Costaldo
21:57:45 [Zakim]
-Takayuki_Watanabe
21:57:47 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:57:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were Tim_Boland, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Don_Evans, Christophe_Strobbe, Michael_Cooper, Matt_May, Wendy, Gregg_and_Ben, Takayuki_Watanabe, John_Slatin, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
21:57:52 [Zakim]
... Kate_Haritos-Shea, Roberto_Costaldo, Neil_Soiffer, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Bengt_Farre, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Makoto, Gian
21:58:03 [wendy]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
21:58:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes.html wendy
21:58:31 [nabe]
nabe has left #wai-wcag
22:12:41 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
22:15:47 [Christophe_S]
Christophe_S has left #wai-wcag
22:17:19 [wendy]
zakim, bye
22:17:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:17:22 [wendy]
RRSAgent, bye
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gian to look at proposal for new SC to address positioning of labels [1]
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-irc#T20-43-20
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: michael propose sentence about "applicabilty conditions" for doc formats and templates. [2]
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-15-21
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: wendy create 3 separate mailing lists (1 for each task force/team) (public-wcag-teama, public-wcag-teamb, public-wcag-teamc ?) [3]
22:17:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/09/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-52-26