IRC log of wai-wcag on 2005-08-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
14:00:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc
14:00:23 [Michael]
chair: Michael Cooper
14:00:28 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
14:00:38 [Michael]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0448.html
14:00:41 [Michael]
meeting: WCAG Techniques 17 August 2005
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
14:01:43 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
14:01:47 [Michael]
zakim, Microsoft is Rob_Haverty
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+Rob_Haverty; got it
14:01:55 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
14:02:19 [Michael]
agenda+ Script proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0345.html
14:02:43 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:02:47 [ben]
zakim, ??P13 is Ben
14:02:55 [Zakim]
+Ben; got it
14:02:59 [Michael]
agenda+More test case reviews http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0388.html, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0397.html, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0399.html
14:03:16 [Michael]
agenda+ Hotkey requirements http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0396.html
14:03:34 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
14:04:46 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
14:04:48 [Zakim]
+Wendy
14:05:01 [wendy]
zakim, drop wendy
14:05:06 [Zakim]
Wendy is being disconnected
14:05:12 [Zakim]
-Wendy
14:05:14 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
14:05:35 [Al]
Al has joined #wai-wcag
14:05:38 [Zakim]
+Wendy
14:05:50 [Zakim]
+Chris_Ridpath
14:06:28 [DonFEvans]
DonFEvans has joined #wai-wcag
14:06:36 [DonFEvans]
howdy
14:06:38 [DonFEvans]
woowoo
14:07:23 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 1
14:07:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Script proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0345.html" taken up [from Michael]
14:07:32 [Al]
Wendy, would you get Zakim to call me when the 'hotkey requirements' agenda item is coming up?
14:07:41 [wendy]
sure
14:08:40 [ben]
zakim, I am Ben
14:08:40 [Zakim]
ok, ben, I now associate you with Ben
14:08:44 [ben]
scribe: ben
14:16:48 [ben]
issue: how/where to include technology version information?
14:19:24 [ben]
actiong becky: propose introduction text for javascript techniques that described default level of JavaScript for examples
14:19:40 [ben]
s/actiong/action
14:20:05 [ben]
action: becky propose introduction text for javascript techniques that described default level of JavaScript for examples
14:23:49 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
14:25:28 [ben]
resolution: use proposed "baseline implications" from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/att-0345/preventAlerts.html as a model for including baseline information
14:26:31 [ben]
action: becky to include technique for preventing non-essential interruptions in next script techniques draft
14:28:08 [ben]
resolution: include proposed technique for preventing non-essential interruptions in next script techniques draft
14:30:20 [ben]
action: becky to determine what the relationship between DOM level and JavaScript version is
14:30:40 [ben]
zakim, next agendum
14:30:40 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "More test case reviews http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0388.html, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0397.html,
14:30:43 [Zakim]
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0399.html" taken up [from Michael]
14:34:12 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
14:35:37 [ben]
discussing tests 111, 112, 113, 203 and 114 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0388.html
14:39:37 [ben]
q+
14:44:42 [ben]
q-
14:49:27 [ben]
cr: propose combining tests 111 and 151 into "All data tables have a summary or caption"
14:53:35 [wendy]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-tables.html#edef_tables_summary
14:55:21 [wendy]
For tables, visual user agents allow sighted people to quickly grasp the structure of the table from the headings as well as the caption. A consequence of this is that captions will often be inadequate as a summary of the purpose and structure of the table from the perspective of people relying on non-visual user agents.
14:55:47 [wendy]
(from - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-tables.html#sec_29.1.)
15:16:13 [ben]
issue: how do test cases relate to conformance? (seems to be a stubmling block for discussion of tests)
15:16:28 [ben]
s/stubmling/stumbling
15:16:33 [Christophe]
q+
15:18:34 [Michael]
ack christophe
15:21:26 [ben]
action: michael and wendy to raise issue of how tests relate to conformance w/ editors group
15:24:37 [wendy]
zakim, call al
15:24:37 [Zakim]
I am sorry, wendy; I do not know a number for al
15:24:49 [Al]
Zakim, call AlGilman-home
15:24:49 [Zakim]
ok, Al; the call is being made
15:24:51 [Zakim]
+AlGilman
15:24:59 [Michael]
zakim, next item
15:24:59 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Hotkey requirements http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0396.html" taken up [from Michael]
15:25:00 [ben]
resolution: 06 data tables require summary or caption which describes nature fo table; use this instead of headers01 (title would not be a recommended strategy)
15:25:16 [ben]
action: chris summarize today's discussion tests wrt caption and summary on list
15:25:25 [ben]
zakim, next agendum
15:25:25 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, ben
15:26:23 [ben]
(note that previous resolution and action relate to previous agendum)
15:38:32 [Zakim]
-Rob_Haverty
15:54:13 [Zakim]
-AlGilman
15:54:18 [ben]
action: wendy to check w/ chairs on this and consider raising on the list
15:54:37 [ben]
agenda?
15:54:59 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 3
15:54:59 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Hotkey requirements http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0396.html, closed
15:55:02 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
15:55:52 [Al]
Al has left #wai-wcag
15:59:22 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
15:59:24 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
15:59:25 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
15:59:26 [Zakim]
-Wendy
15:59:27 [Zakim]
-Ben
15:59:28 [Zakim]
-Chris_Ridpath
15:59:30 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
15:59:31 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG(techniques)10:00AM has ended
15:59:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were Michael_Cooper, Rob_Haverty, Christophe_Strobbe, Ben, Don_Evans, Wendy, Becky_Gibson, Chris_Ridpath, AlGilman
15:59:34 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
15:59:43 [ben]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:59:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-minutes.html ben
16:01:26 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: becky propose introduction text for javascript techniques that described default level of JavaScript for examples [1]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T14-20-05
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: becky to include technique for preventing non-essential interruptions in next script techniques draft [2]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T14-26-31
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: becky to determine what the relationship between DOM level and JavaScript version is [3]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T14-30-20
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: michael and wendy to raise issue of how tests relate to conformance w/ editors group [4]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T15-21-26
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: chris summarize today's discussion tests wrt caption and summary on list [5]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T15-25-16
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: wendy to check w/ chairs on this and consider raising on the list [6]
16:01:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/08/17-wai-wcag-irc#T15-54-18
16:01:34 [ben]
zakim, bye
16:01:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag