IRC log of dawg on 2005-08-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:23:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:23:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/08/16-dawg-irc
14:23:13 [DanC]
Regrets+ Souripriya Das
14:24:16 [howardk]
howardk has joined #dawg
14:25:52 [demo]
demo has joined #dawg
14:28:17 [JanneS]
JanneS has joined #dawg
14:29:05 [kendall]
kendall has joined #dawg
14:29:27 [DaveB]
DaveB has joined #dawg
14:29:46 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has now started
14:29:47 [Zakim]
+Danbri
14:30:00 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:30:08 [SteveH]
Zakim, ??P0 is SteveH
14:30:08 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:31:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:31:04 [ericP]
Meeting: Data Access Working Group
14:31:12 [JanneS]
Zakim, IPcaller is JanneS
14:31:12 [Zakim]
+JanneS; got it
14:31:15 [ericP]
Chair: DanC
14:31:24 [ericP]
Scribe: ericP
14:31:27 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:31:36 [DaveB]
Zakim, ??P1 is DaveB
14:31:36 [Zakim]
+DaveB; got it
14:32:07 [Zakim]
+HowardK
14:32:23 [ericP]
RRSAgent, pointer?
14:32:23 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2005/08/16-dawg-irc#T14-32-23
14:32:51 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:32:58 [JanneS]
Zakim, mute JanneS
14:32:58 [Zakim]
JanneS should now be muted
14:33:05 [JanneS]
Zakim, unmute JanneS
14:33:05 [Zakim]
JanneS should no longer be muted
14:33:15 [kendall]
i hope i didn't bring that static with me?
14:33:19 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:33:53 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:33:53 [Zakim]
+Jeen_Broekstra
14:33:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0267.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:34:11 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking
14:34:11 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's talking', DanC
14:34:14 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking?
14:34:25 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Kendall_Clark (4%), Jeen_Broekstra (4%)
14:34:36 [jeen]
zakim, mute me
14:34:36 [Zakim]
Jeen_Broekstra should now be muted
14:34:37 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
14:34:39 [kendall]
I'll redial in
14:34:47 [kendall]
did it go away?
14:34:50 [DanC]
nope
14:35:00 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:35:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ericP, SteveH, JanneS, DaveB, HowardK, DanC, Jeen_Broekstra (muted)
14:35:05 [jeen]
zakim, unmute me
14:35:05 [Zakim]
Jeen_Broekstra should no longer be muted
14:35:10 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:35:11 [ericP]
oops
14:35:57 [ericP]
scribe is swapping phone equipment
14:36:02 [ericP]
andy is in madrid
14:36:16 [DanC]
Regrets+ AndyS
14:36:26 [kendall]
only my fav city! :>
14:38:09 [kendall]
i find dave's amendment v. friendly :>
14:38:15 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to cancel 23 Aug
14:38:45 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to meet next 30 Aug, DaveB to scribe, DanC to chair
14:38:47 [kendall]
i'm a willing but ultimately *bad* scribe!
14:39:01 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0243.html minutes 9 Aug
14:39:02 [ericP]
did i bring a buzz?
14:39:58 [ericP]
PROPOSE: accept minutes from 9 Aug
14:40:46 [ericP]
ACTION: DanC to investigate having CVS commits send to the WG list
14:40:52 [ericP]
CONTINUED
14:41:03 [DanC]
Topic: comment "Query forms should be resources, not operations"
14:41:05 [ericP]
ACTION LeeF: draft WSDL 1.1 for SPARQL thingy with AndyS and Elias ETA 2 Sep [CONTINUED]
14:41:33 [ericP]
ACTION DanC: ask WSDL WG to review WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2 SPARQL protocol stuff, once both are available [CONTINUED:
14:41:58 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: write another draft response to Mark Baker's comment and send to WG for possible discussion [CONTINUED]
14:42:03 [DanC]
Topic: Protocol testing
14:42:37 [ericP]
ACTION DanC: extract and machine-check examples [CONTINUED]
14:42:52 [ericP]
some progress. DanC has patches to send KendallC
14:43:08 [ericP]
(to get the doc well-formed)
14:44:59 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: elaborate "CONSTRUCT with content negotiation" into a test case
14:45:27 [ericP]
Steve sent mail. Andy had some comments on reifying.
14:45:52 [ericP]
Steve's test case came from the [protocol] document
14:46:38 [ericP]
action -6
14:46:45 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: elaborate "CONSTRUCT with content negotiation" into a test case [DONE]
14:46:56 [ericP]
action -7
14:47:07 [kendall]
just *shoot* the IRS Agent :>
14:47:09 [DanC]
Topic: toward protocol last call
14:47:47 [ericP]
ACTION EricP: discuss conformance w.r.t. WSDL 2 with PLH and send some notes to the WG, preferably including suggested text for conformance. [DONE]
14:48:29 [ericP]
action -8
14:48:48 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: abstract/abbreviate http trace examples [DONE]
14:48:58 [ericP]
action -9
14:49:23 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: fix d. ASK with simple RDF dataset...XML is wrong. [DONE]
14:49:26 [ericP]
action -10
14:50:36 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: review proto-wd after Friday signal from KC, hopefully in time for monday's agenda or tuesday's telcon [DONE]
14:50:40 [ericP]
action -11
14:52:01 [ericP]
DanC: if the query is not a SPARLQ query, you can't return a 200
14:52:40 [ericP]
s/200/2xx/
14:53:44 [DanC]
RESOLVED: rather than "a SPARQL service _must_ return MalformedQuery for queries that are not SPARQL Query Strings"... for queries that are not SPARQL Query Strings, you should return MalformedQuery and you must not return 2xx
14:54:39 [ericP]
PROPOSED -- objections: 0, abstentions: ericP, KendallC
14:55:13 [ericP]
ACTION EricP: review protocol document 1.58 [CONTINUED]
14:57:55 [ericP]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/altschemalangs.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
14:57:57 [kendall]
i got smarter in the past few days re: the issues I mentioned last week: input/output serialization types
14:58:56 [DanC]
EricP: WSDL mandates XML Schema description of payload; when looking thru those glasses, RDF is pretty much "any" ...
14:59:09 [DanC]
... altschemalangs.html explores alternate schema languages
15:03:19 [ericP]
DanC: can you split GET/POST division on bindings?
15:03:33 [ericP]
KendallC: ... ... no ... ...
15:03:50 [ericP]
[sorry, didn't get all the reasons for "no"]
15:04:11 [DaveB]
the http method is recorded on the binding operation not on the ... (missed it)
15:04:56 [DaveB]
(ugh, we *could* add an rdf/xml result subset for the sparql query xml results - <rdfxml>...</>)
15:05:26 [DaveB]
(this is just an awful idea, forget I mentioned it)
15:05:39 [ericP]
KendallC: everything after the '?' in the GET is what we want in the POST
15:05:57 [ericP]
... WSDL2 doesn't let you describe that
15:06:24 [ericP]
... would would like to allow that as an input serialization type
15:07:59 [ericP]
... we want WSDL2 to allow application/x-form-encoded in the input serialization
15:10:20 [DanC]
. ACTION ?WHO: work with WSDL WG on describing POST binding with application/x-form-encoded in WSDL 2
15:10:23 [ericP]
... 2 more probs:
15:10:56 [DanC]
. ACTION ?WHO: work with WSDL WG on moving "style" from interface to binding
15:10:57 [ericP]
... : push fault serialization out of interface and into binding
15:11:22 [ericP]
... : may be possible to get WG to accept list of response serialization types
15:11:53 [ericP]
--> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Aug/0010 KendallC's mail to WSDL WG
15:11:58 [DanC]
ACTION KC: work with WSDL WG on describing POST binding with application/x-form-encoded in WSDL 2
15:12:08 [kendall]
My comment to WS-Desc: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Aug/0010.html
15:12:10 [DanC]
ACTION KC: work with WSDL WG on moving "style" from interface to binding
15:12:20 [kendall]
Hugo's response: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Aug/0010.html
15:12:54 [DaveB]
I'd support the WG supporting 0010, fwiw
15:13:50 [DaveB]
hugo's response is actually 0011
15:13:56 [kendall]
Another response from Hugo: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Aug/0014.html
15:14:11 [kendall]
Oops, yeah, right, I pasted the wrong URI.
15:14:21 [DaveB]
I'd like "we'd like to be able to describe our service more accurately"
15:14:29 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to endorse 0010 comment, "... but we'd like to be able to describe our service more accurately than that ..."
15:15:07 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
15:15:12 [ericP]
RESOLVED: no abstentions, no objections
15:15:34 [DanC]
Topic: "SPARQL Query Results XML Format: XML 1.1" comment
15:15:42 [ericP]
ACTION DaveB: see if PLH would be satisfied with s/can/may/ in what he suggested
15:15:49 [DaveB]
final email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Aug/0056.html
15:16:38 [ericP]
[DONE]
15:16:41 [ericP]
action -15
15:17:17 [DanC]
PROPOSED: that "individuals can use the XML Schema as indicated in http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-xml11schema10-20050511/ "
15:17:21 [DaveB]
as described in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Aug/0052.html
15:17:38 [ericP]
RESOLVED: no abstentions, no objections
15:18:25 [DanC]
Topic: BASE IRI resolution comment
15:18:35 [ericP]
ACTION: ericP to add "don't normalize" to rq23 (perhaps supplied in 0096) [DONE]
15:19:01 [ericP]
ACTION: DanC to responsd to ericP's "don't normalize" text in rq23
15:19:05 [ericP]
action -16
15:20:24 [DaveB]
where 96 is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0096
15:20:25 [kendall]
kendall has joined #dawg
15:20:25 [ericP]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/i18n/manifest.ttl
15:20:40 [kendall]
hmm, good email from hugo about multiple styles possible, so we may not be in as bad a pickle as I thought
15:20:44 [kendall]
just FYI
15:20:45 [ericP]
has refs to normalization-0{2,3}
15:21:02 [DanC]
. dawgt:approval dawgt:Approved # http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-minutes
15:22:53 [DanC]
. rdfs:comment "Value Testing Tests"
15:23:10 [SteveH]
dawgt:approvedBy <...> ;
15:23:48 [DaveB]
it's dawgt:approved in the schema
15:24:02 [DaveB]
er, approval
15:24:08 [DanC]
"BASE IRI resolution"
15:24:46 [DanC]
ACTION: ericP to send [OK?] message to Bjoern [continues]
15:24:55 [DanC]
Topic: issues#queryMimeType
15:26:45 [DanC]
ACTION: ericP to update rq23 to include the text of rq23/mime.txt , including security concearns [continues]
15:26:56 [ericP]
ACTION: EricP to add test in 0096 to rq23 tests. label "approved" and ref <http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-minutes> [DONE]
15:28:44 [DanC]
(postponing issues#valueTesting for various reasons)
15:29:08 [ericP]
ACTION DaveB: make 'XXI'^^:romanNumeral = 21 and points nearby into test cases (or ask questions in email). [CONTINUED]
15:29:28 [ericP]
seems done, but we won't discuss it during this meeting
15:29:58 [DanC]
Topic: LC status
15:30:01 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/lc-status-report.html
15:30:08 [kendall]
kendall has joined #dawg
15:31:20 [ericP]
DanC: re QA guidelines conformance, we have it on Andy's plate, but would like another to work on it
15:31:53 [ericP]
ACTION: ericP to thank Ivan for his comment <http://www.w3.org/mid/42E116D8.1070908@w3.org>
15:32:13 [kendall]
damn, I should have commented on the agenda: (18) on the LC status list should have been on agenda, IMO
15:33:17 [JanneS]
i need to run for baby sitting (again) - hear you in 2 weeks
15:33:33 [DaveB]
will confuse :_foo with _:foo
15:33:34 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:35:38 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
15:35:43 [Zakim]
-DaveB
15:35:55 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:36:01 [DanC]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:36:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/08/16-dawg-minutes.html DanC
15:36:01 [Zakim]
-HowardK
15:37:02 [Zakim]
-Jeen_Broekstra
15:38:42 [DanC]
"Translating the grammar was no fun at all."
15:41:57 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:42:41 [DaveB]
that's not new information to me :)
15:43:12 [DaveB]
you saw that we have a new implementation - for sesame?
15:43:53 [DanC]
new sesame? no... where?
15:43:59 [DaveB]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sparql/
15:44:13 [DaveB]
I've already added it to the esw page
15:44:56 [DanC]
cool
15:46:36 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:46:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ericP, DanC
15:57:03 [DaveB]
DaveB has joined #dawg
15:58:05 [SteveH]
DaveB, looks like raptor parses :xd1 :p 1.0 . as :xd1 :p "1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer> .
15:58:10 [SteveH]
which probably isnt right
15:58:17 [DaveB]
what is?
15:59:15 [SteveH]
the literal 1.0 gets partsed as an integer, with raptor 1.4.8
15:59:19 [DaveB]
ah yeah
15:59:23 [DaveB]
should be a double
15:59:27 [SteveH]
yeah, think so
15:59:32 [DaveB]
that's what cwm does
15:59:43 [SteveH]
right, its need to pass one of the testcases too :)
15:59:53 [SteveH]
datatypes-1 or similar
16:00:26 [SteveH]
datatype-1
16:00:37 [DaveB]
looking
16:00:44 [DaveB]
I'll write a test case first
16:01:56 [SteveH]
cheers
16:03:37 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:03:47 [Zakim]
-ericP
16:03:48 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
16:03:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were ericP, SteveH, JanneS, DaveB, HowardK, Kendall_Clark, DanC, Jeen_Broekstra
16:04:18 [SteveH]
right, im off home, cya
16:04:48 [DaveB]
and the answer is, turtle does not have double constants
17:00:38 [DaveB]
DaveB has joined #dawg
18:07:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg