IRC log of dawg on 2005-07-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:31:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:31:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/07/12-dawg-irc
14:31:02 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:31:06 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P10 is AndyS
14:31:06 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:31:10 [kendall]
zakim, who's on the phone
14:31:10 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's on the phone', kendall
14:31:11 [Zakim]
-Yoshio
14:31:12 [jeen]
grrr. skypeout doesn't work again. I'll have to switch rooms.
14:31:13 [kendall]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:31:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kevin, Kendall_Clark, AndyS
14:31:16 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P10 is AndyS+DaveB
14:31:16 [Zakim]
I already had ??P10 as AndyS, AndyS_
14:31:33 [Zakim]
+Yoshio
14:31:44 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge]
14:31:47 [DanC]
agenda + Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0035.html
14:31:49 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P10 has AndyS+DaveB
14:31:49 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS_, I do not recognize a party named '??P10'
14:31:52 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge.a]
14:31:57 [DanC]
agenda + new requirement on handling bnodes?
14:32:01 [LeeF]
zakim, [IBMCambridge] is temporarily LeeF
14:32:01 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:32:03 [DanC]
agenda + SPARQL QL publication
14:32:12 [DanC]
agenda + punctuationSyntax tests
14:32:13 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
14:32:23 [LeeF]
zakim, [IBMCambridge.a] is temporarily EliasT
14:32:25 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:32:26 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:32:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:32:43 [SteveH]
Zakim, IPcaller is SteveH
14:32:43 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:32:51 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:32:51 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0035.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:32:56 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:33:00 [DanC]
Scribe: SteveH
14:33:02 [DanC]
Chair: DanC
14:33:06 [DanC]
Zakim, list attendees
14:33:06 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Kevin, Yoshio, Kendall_Clark, AndyS, LeeF, EliasT, DanC, SteveH, EricP
14:33:28 [ericP]
Regrets:
14:33:29 [kendall]
i don't either. odd.
14:33:33 [SteveH]
rollcall
14:33:33 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/#who
14:33:52 [SteveH]
agfa - jos not here yet
14:34:20 [SteveH]
asemantics - not heard from for a while
14:34:28 [SteveH]
u bristol - dave beckett
14:34:42 [SteveH]
hp - andy + kevin
14:35:08 [Zakim]
+Jeen_Broekstra
14:35:21 [SteveH]
maryland - kendal
14:35:31 [SteveH]
matsushita - yoshio
14:35:31 [kendall]
"kendall", actually
14:35:38 [SteveH]
ntt - not heard from for a while
14:36:09 [SteveH]
profium - no regrets from janne
14:36:57 [kendall]
no biggie, steve :>
14:37:28 [SteveH]
tersting actions continued without discussion
14:37:36 [SteveH]
next meeting 19th july
14:37:41 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose EricP
14:37:46 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose EliasT
14:37:51 [kendall]
oh, i have to send regrets for next week. Will be @ NASA touring rocket ships and stuff (at a SemWeb workshop, actually)
14:37:58 [SteveH]
scribe - EliasT
14:38:20 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:38:20 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "new requirement on handling bnodes?" taken up [from DanC]
14:38:42 [DanC]
. ACTION: KendallC to ask Bijan to consider implications of answering bNode bindings with created URIs
14:38:43 [SteveH]
handling bnodes requirement was discussed on mailing list
14:38:48 [DanC]
DONE
14:40:56 [SteveH]
ericp: assigning uris to bnodes may bring up same issues as using a uri in the first place
14:41:05 [SteveH]
ericp: do other approaches have the same problems?
14:42:00 [Zakim]
+JosD
14:42:02 [jeen]
jeen has joined #dawg
14:42:17 [JosD]
JosD has joined #dawg
14:42:30 [kendall]
wow, v. bad connection suddenly
14:42:31 [SteveH]
kendall: I think we can rely on the syntactic hack (_!:...)
14:42:53 [DanC]
"it must be possible for a client to refer to a bnode provided by a server"
14:43:13 [DanC]
Zakim, list attendees
14:43:13 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Kevin, Yoshio, Kendall_Clark, AndyS, LeeF, EliasT, DanC, SteveH, EricP, Jeen_Broekstra, JosD
14:43:24 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:43:40 [DaveB]
it sounds like session based to me
14:43:48 [patH]
Hi y'all, sorry we have no phones here at present.
14:43:50 [DanC]
"it must be possible for a client to refer to a bnode provided by a server... for some server-specified amount of time"
14:44:13 [SteveH]
kendall: we intend to offer stability beyond session
14:44:32 [patH]
No, Florida. We got his by ANOTHER huricane.
14:44:38 [patH]
his/hit
14:44:46 [DaveB]
eek
14:45:30 [SteveH]
duration of bnode stablity is server supplied?
14:45:55 [kendall]
well, in some sense, yes, it's always server defined, whether it's explicitly specified or not.
14:46:11 [LeeF]
In particular, because the duration could be "zero" for servers that don't support bnode stability.
14:46:15 [patH]
Suggest it might be best to not talk of durations.
14:46:33 [kendall]
+1 path
14:46:53 [patH]
Suggests need to negotiate, etc., whereas surely all needed is to allow server to refuse to recognize a bnode as a name.
14:47:04 [SteveH]
kevin: would like more discussion
14:47:18 [AndyS_]
Should not define the stability and leave to impls.
14:47:26 [DanC]
Yoshio? do you think the WG should spend more time investigating this requirement?
14:48:04 [Yoshio]
dan, I'm not connected now
14:48:21 [Yoshio]
but I don't think we should do so
14:48:34 [DanC]
hmm... "servers must be allowed to provide bnode-referencable bnodes"
14:48:47 [SteveH]
kendall: we'd like to be able to do this, no need to require others to do it. wants to make sure not slammed in last call as we havent talked about it
14:48:50 [LeeF]
I prefer that wording.
14:49:31 [DanC]
hmm... "servers must be allowed to provide referencable bnodes"
14:49:41 [SteveH]
I prefer it too
14:49:42 [Yoshio]
I agree . I think it's upto servers (or services)
14:50:23 [DanC]
hmm... "SPARQL QL should include syntax so that servers can provide referencable bnodes"
14:50:29 [SteveH]
andy: "must be allowed to" is a noop, just aditing servers can do that it they want to, i dont think its a requirement. the earlier wording gives it too much weight, and we have to discuss it
14:50:40 [kendall]
What about the language in the spec that Ron Alford quoted which seems to make it impossible to "allow to provide..."?
14:51:03 [SteveH]
andy: have been proposals that require no changes
14:51:27 [SteveH]
lee: what I took away is that it would be ok to let it slide as long as the syntax allows it
14:51:54 [SteveH]
lee: important if [something..., broke up]
14:51:59 [SteveH]
lee: more discussion needed
14:52:07 [SteveH]
elias: ???
14:52:13 [EliasT]
elias: same as Lee.
14:52:21 [SteveH]
dan: I think it can wait
14:52:48 [LeeF]
SteveH: Rest of what I said was that the discussion on the mailing list seemed to raise the issue that if the WG does not specifically address a requirement on this then there will be (are already?) wildly divergent implementations of bnode stability
14:53:03 [kendall]
+1 to steve's torn-ness
14:53:05 [SteveH]
steve: torn
14:53:10 [kendall]
it ain't simple
14:53:10 [DanC]
q+ AndyS
14:53:13 [DanC]
q+ SteveH
14:53:41 [SteveH]
eric: think its potentially dangerous, fair ammount of work to persuade ourselves that its dangerous or not
14:54:19 [kendall]
i can only hear about 1/3rd of what jeen is saying, FYI
14:54:25 [SteveH]
jeen: agrees with eric, whole different set of issues in sparql as bnode syntax is allready used, we included it for a reason
14:54:44 [SteveH]
jeen: should be an issue
14:55:09 [SteveH]
jos: its clear that the scope is the graph, refering to it outside breaks rdf
14:55:26 [kendall]
which notation did Jos mention?
14:55:27 [SteveH]
jos: can use eg. part notation[?], we dont have much time, agrees with dan's position
14:55:28 [DanC]
ack andys
14:55:30 [kendall]
ah
14:55:39 [DaveB]
do I get a say?
14:55:42 [JosD]
the path notation Kendall
14:55:45 [patH]
suggest this can be handled by must/may language. Servers MAY recoignioze a bnode in a query as identical to one in an earlier response. But they are not oboliged to.
14:55:49 [kendall]
thanks, Jos
14:55:57 [AndyS_]
Howard ref'ed another syntax hack which was <_:bnodelabel> because "_" is an illegal URI scheme. It allows more chars in bNode labels else much the same as _!: but no grammar change. Utilizes quoting of <>, no more.
14:55:57 [Yoshio]
(not knowing what's going on in the voice track) I further think servers can provide such functionality without any change. they can just announce to their cliants that they can do that with conventional bnode labels(? name? whatever )
14:56:05 [kendall]
DanC: Dave Beckett was skipped, too
14:56:16 [SteveH]
andy: there are designs that dont change the syntax[?], can use the illegal uri scheme and put it inside the quotes for uris
14:56:25 [DanC]
<_:foo>? that's squatting on URI scheme space, no, andy?
14:56:32 [SteveH]
andy: it allows you a wider choice of bnode labels, not concerned with the start of labels
14:56:50 [SteveH]
thats how 3store implemeneted it by accident in RDQL
14:57:38 [DanC]
no, not squatting.
14:57:41 [kendall]
(quoting mechanisms are good things. IMO!)
14:57:42 [SteveH]
andys: <_:foo> would be explicitly not a uri, equivalent to _:!foo
14:58:14 [SteveH]
dave: it should be postponed, session related, thinks we will be looking at more session things in the next versions. postpone or reject
14:58:18 [patH]
Guys,we don't need a new kind of name syntax. They are sztill bnodes, just the scope may be understood differently.
14:58:22 [AndyS_]
<_:foo> can be done without WG help :-|
14:58:51 [patH]
normal, scope=answer, possible scope=session. Up to server to allow or refust second option.
14:59:08 [DanC]
pat, if you have an opinion on whether this requirement is worth more WG study before last call, it's in order now.
14:59:08 [patH]
refust/refuse
14:59:10 [kendall]
I'd be perfectly happy with PatH's solution.
14:59:18 [DaveB]
this might be related to multi-graph issues (named graphs), also in sparql.next()
14:59:25 [SteveH]
andy: not introdcuing a new rdf term, there still bnodes, just scoped to something else
14:59:42 [patH]
DanC, not sure where we currently stand, but think solution is farirly clear in outline.
14:59:47 [DanC]
ack steveh
15:00:01 [kendall]
It's VERY CLEAR that the chair wants to postpone. stack the deck much?! :>
15:00:29 [DanC]
yes, I'm obliged by charter to be inclined to postpone, us being 6 months behind the schedule that the AC blessed.
15:00:38 [patH]
Ok, point taken. Hmmmm, well, the 'right' way to go seems obvious to me, but I guess that is saying it needs more study.
15:00:46 [kendall]
eh, i prefer neutrality, but i'm just sniping for fun. no problems.
15:00:58 [patH]
Im OK to postpone, though I think it would be a pity.
15:01:51 [patH]
Occurs to me we could still weaken the draconian wording that Kendall objected to orginally.
15:02:25 [kendall]
That would work too; remember that our original position was just to strike that wording. That's it. Just let us do bnode stability and still claim compliance.
15:02:33 [SteveH]
andy: bringing in session would impack the soap bindings
15:02:39 [SteveH]
poll...
15:02:57 [SteveH]
should spend more time: 1
15:03:58 [SteveH]
+1 to striking wording
15:04:06 [patH]
+1
15:06:21 [SteveH]
SELECT ?x WHERE (?x foaf:knows <_:genid.33553>)
15:06:35 [SteveH]
^ example of bug exploit in 3store v2
15:07:15 [SteveH]
andys: can just be a convention
15:07:28 [kendall]
didn't mean to be out of order
15:07:30 [kendall]
eh
15:07:33 [SteveH]
kendall: worried about that being different implementions
15:07:48 [ericP]
q+ to endorse the extensibility approach (SteveH's)
15:08:18 [SteveH]
incase anyone clear I *do not* like the <> approach
15:08:22 [DanC]
_!:foo ?
15:08:31 [Zakim]
-Yoshio
15:08:42 [SteveH]
ex:label(?bnode, "label") is nicer IMHO
15:09:11 [Zakim]
+Yoshio
15:09:17 [ericP]
SteveH, I refer to your ext:bNodeLabel(?x, "xyz") suggestion
15:09:26 [SteveH]
kendall: we want to be compliant, and do bnode stability
15:09:40 [SteveH]
danc: it you allow non-SPARQL queries then its outside the spec, the market decides
15:09:56 [SteveH]
kendall: the wording seems to rule this out as a complaint solution
15:10:36 [patH]
Issue isnt complianc eof query, bnut of server treating it in a special way.
15:10:51 [AndyS_]
Steve - that "?bnode" is not a value or individual (so it is funny in a different way to bound())
15:11:12 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
15:11:12 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:11:23 [DanC]
(ericp, hasn't this question about filter functions been asked and answered?)
15:11:37 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
15:11:37 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:11:42 [SteveH]
eric: steve suggested ex:bNodeLabel using a filter function, I think it meets everyones requirements, do a query on a graph and subsitture stable bnodes. has all the semnatics we want from an extensible function, and has prescribed failure mode
15:12:34 [SteveH]
kendall: i believe we could live with that, but I prefer the other one, think it does satisfy the requirements
15:12:35 [kendall]
his name is Ron :>
15:12:58 [SteveH]
eric: maryland's objection to ex: is that its a 2nd class citizen syntaxically
15:13:21 [SteveH]
kendall: care more about being able to do this than interop.
15:13:54 [patH]
If I follow this, the idea seems like a kludge. Bnode scopes are not set in stone, so why do we need to link bnodes to other ids just to alter their scopes?
15:14:01 [SteveH]
eric: if we adopt it we have to define what it does
15:14:24 [kendall]
i agree that bnode scopes are not set in stone
15:14:38 [SteveH]
ericP: would you be happy is it was not defined
15:15:05 [patH]
DanC: for assertions, yes, but not for queries. We can decide that.
15:15:40 [DaveB]
ref to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Jun/0039.html
15:15:46 [DanC]
start of thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Jun/0039.html
15:15:47 [DaveB]
^- ron alford's original message
15:15:59 [patH]
DanC: to elaborate: consider a query/answer session as being all about a single graph. Then this makes RDF sense.
15:16:11 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#BlankNodes
15:16:51 [patH]
Yes, well, that wording would nbeed to be changed.
15:16:56 [kendall]
path: *exactly*!
15:19:33 [SteveH]
eric: if we use a filter function we can leave the wording, its post the grpah query
15:19:40 [patH]
Seems to me that the issue is all about scope of bnodes in queries. OPtions are : scope-query (default?) , scope=session. SUggest that servers may offer latter but are not required to, and that query may 'request' it by putting a bnode in some special p[lace in the query.
15:19:46 [SteveH]
kendall: if thats true its interesting and might work
15:20:51 [AndyS_]
Pat - bBodes also appear in [] foaf:name "foo" which by the session rule does not match surely.
15:21:49 [DanC]
"A blank node can appear in a query pattern. It behaves as a variable; a blank node in a query pattern may match any RDF term."
15:21:52 [patH]
Well, not sure about that example, but the answer would be, if the query asks for session rule, and the server allows it, then it does.
15:22:16 [Yoshio]
kendall, could you write waht you said on IRC for me? I missed it, sorry
15:22:22 [SteveH]
dave: need to say that blank nodes in CONSTRUCT and SELECT are distinct from bnodes in data
15:22:30 [patH]
DanC: in this proposal, that wouldbe the default normal query-based rule, b ut could be altered.
15:22:41 [kendall]
yoshio: sorry, don't know what you mean?
15:22:41 [patH]
DaveB: why?
15:22:54 [DanC]
replace both paras with: "A blank node can appear in a query pattern. It behaves as a variable; a blank node in a query pattern may match any RDF term."
15:23:28 [DaveB]
patH: [] in a CONSTRUCT template (blank node in an output graph) is different from [] in a SELECT graph pattern (variable in a query)
15:24:35 [kendall]
yoshio: maybe, sorry, i can't remember if i did or not. :>
15:24:43 [patH]
Ah, I see. Well, I guess there would be no objection in principle to allowing bnode cooccurrence between construct and select, though I havnt thought through the consequencwes.
15:24:49 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to replace 2 paras under 2.7 Blank Nodes, Blank Nodes and Queries with "A blank node can appear in a query pattern. It behaves as a variable; a blank node in a query pattern may match any RDF term." contingent on review by Kendall this week; and raise and postpone an issue on referring to bnodes from queries.
15:25:00 [kendall]
oh, yes, yoshio, I did. I said that I agreed with you, except for this language in 2.7 about blank nodes and queries
15:25:13 [patH]
+! proposal
15:25:22 [patH]
+!/+1
15:25:40 [patH]
sorry, Zakim.
15:25:44 [SteveH]
+1
15:25:54 [ericP]
+1
15:25:55 [kendall]
hell, i'm +2 on that proposal
15:25:58 [jeen]
+1
15:26:06 [SteveH]
objections: 0
15:26:13 [SteveH]
anbsensions: 1
15:26:21 [SteveH]
RESOLVED
15:26:22 [SteveH]
?
15:26:22 [ericP]
abstensions: 1
15:26:22 [DanC]
RESOLVED, daveB abstaining
15:26:47 [SteveH]
ACTION Andys: make edit about bNodes
15:27:17 [DanC]
ACTION KendallC: review new nbodes text
15:27:28 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: raise and postpone issue on referring to bnodes from queries
15:27:38 [DanC]
ericp has some stuff he may send mail about
15:28:03 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:28:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "SPARQL QL publication" taken up [from DanC]
15:28:17 [DanC]
. ACTION: EricP to refine definitions extraction
15:28:29 [DanC]
continues.
15:28:31 [DanC]
ACTION: EricP to refine definitions extraction
15:28:45 [DanC]
ACTION: EricP clarify which regex lang, new section ericp; have AndyS check it. (in progress)
15:29:18 [DanC]
. ACTION: PatH to review new optionals defintions, if any
15:29:25 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#regexs XML Schema regex lang
15:29:48 [SteveH]
andys: still discussing optionals, has wording he likes
15:30:02 [DanC]
Pat, Andy says he's got optionals language for you to review; did you see that?
15:30:05 [DanC]
andy, pointer maybe?
15:30:58 [DanC]
(today looks like 90min... or should i try to wrap up in just a few minutes?)
15:31:03 [DaveB]
AndyS and I discussed some results format changes, looks like xsi:type is a PITA to keep around. also adding a <head><link> and moving the boolean results format format around
15:31:05 [patH]
I saw it but not yet read it. Hopefully tomorrow or so.
15:31:20 [DanC]
ACTION: PatH to review new optionals defintions, if any. continues.
15:31:22 [AndyS_]
Thanks
15:31:30 [DanC]
ACTION: DanC to write SOTD; work with EricP to publish
15:31:36 [SteveH]
danc: not much progress on status doc
15:32:07 [SteveH]
andys: section 11, done my sections, found 1 thing thats probably a typo
15:32:12 [SteveH]
eric: thinks it is a typo
15:32:41 [DanC]
ACTION EricP: fix typo in section 11 from Souri's comment, and one from AndyS
15:33:49 [kendall]
(god, i didn't know that regex specs were as fecund as Scheme interpreters and IRC clients!)
15:34:03 [SteveH]
ericP: regex operator didnt have its own section, wnated text describing it, so got new function, makes swamp bigger, cries out for reorg, dan said can change order as long as the words dont change
15:34:40 [DaveB]
I assume you refering to 11.2.3.6 fn:regex ?
15:35:10 [SteveH]
ericp will leave the regex section asis
15:35:37 [SteveH]
kendall, would like cvs output sent to list
15:35:37 [SteveH]
+1
15:35:43 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: investigate having CVS commits send to the WG list
15:36:11 [SteveH]
danc: will investigate getting cvs diffs sent to list
15:36:25 [kendall]
heh, it might send the message to our stragglers & lurkers that it's End of Days :>
15:38:10 [DaveB]
q+ minor result format change affecting rq23 example in 10.5
15:38:26 [kendall]
q+ to ask about the optionals issue
15:38:47 [ericP]
q-
15:38:59 [DanC]
ack daveb
15:39:15 [DanC]
agenda + results format, schemalocation
15:39:57 [DanC]
ack kendall
15:39:57 [Zakim]
kendall, you wanted to ask about the optionals issue
15:40:08 [DanC]
q+ to ask KC about relational algebra
15:40:27 [SteveH]
kendall, is the optionals discussion about 2 diff. ways to describe the same design, or do they have design differences
15:40:42 [DanC]
very subtle and relevant question, KC... hard to say, from where I sit. test cases are welcome :)
15:40:50 [SteveH]
andys: in theory no, but we cant prove that
15:41:18 [DanC]
ack danc
15:41:18 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to ask KC about relational algebra
15:41:44 [SteveH]
danc: curious to know what the defn. would look like in relational algebra
15:41:54 [SteveH]
+1
15:42:54 [SteveH]
kendall, standard db book has all this stuff in rel. alg.
15:43:13 [SteveH]
kendall, "the database book" hector garcia ???, XXX, YYY
15:43:21 [DanC]
-> http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/dscb.html Database Systems: The Complete Book
15:43:28 [DanC]
Database Systems: The Complete Book (DS:CB), by Hector Garcia-Molina, Jeff Ullman, and Jennifer Widom.
15:43:39 [SteveH]
yes, date is good
15:44:20 [kendall]
i.e., I could be completely wrong
15:44:22 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
15:44:22 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
15:44:23 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:44:25 [Zakim]
4. punctuationSyntax tests [from DanC]
15:44:29 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 5
15:44:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "results format, schemalocation" taken up [from DanC]
15:44:50 [SteveH]
"An Introduction to Database Systems", C. J. Date
15:45:15 [SteveH]
daveb: its important to have the schema document around when developing
15:45:19 [patH]
Yes, but beware: DBs don't have blank nodes in them.
15:45:35 [SteveH]
daveb: potnetial change to results format
15:45:48 [kendall]
path: indeed
15:45:53 [ericP]
+1
15:45:53 [SteveH]
dave: and add something to allow linking back to query
15:46:23 [SteveH]
dave: were better off without XSI type?
15:46:35 [patH]
:-))
15:47:33 [ericP]
can the WG offer DaveB license to remove xsi:type at his discretion?
15:47:55 [ericP]
i'm not sure we're done with it otherwise
15:47:58 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/sparqlResults
15:48:34 [patH]
Suggest we give Dave licence to ritually burn it as his discretion.
15:48:45 [DaveB]
heh
15:49:14 [kendall]
how dysfunctional! delightful. :>
15:50:48 [DanC]
ACTION DaveB: update results actions w.r.t. boolean, xsi:type, link explain in email
15:51:01 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
15:51:01 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
15:51:03 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:51:04 [Zakim]
4. punctuationSyntax tests [from DanC]
15:51:23 [DanC]
syntax-qname-08-rq and syntax-qname-14-rq
15:52:06 [DanC]
JosD: .html isn't regenerated, but the test inputs and outputs are correct
15:52:25 [DanC]
EP: I ran them.
15:53:35 [SteveH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/SyntaxFull/syntax-qname-08.rq
15:54:11 [DanC]
revision 1.4
15:54:11 [DanC]
date: 2005/06/30 12:38:32; author: jderoo; state: Exp; lines: +1 -1
15:54:11 [DanC]
dot inside qname
15:54:13 [SteveH]
version 1.4
15:54:41 [SteveH]
-14 is revision 1.3
15:54:57 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to approve syntax-qname-08-rq materials 1.4 and syntax-qname-14-rq 1.3
15:55:06 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
15:55:51 [DanC]
ACTION EricP: work with steveH to get .html test page to show approved status of syntax-qname-08-rq and syntax-qname-14-rq
15:56:06 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
15:56:06 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, DanC
15:56:47 [Zakim]
-EliasT
15:56:48 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:56:48 [Zakim]
-JosD
15:56:50 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:56:50 [Zakim]
-Jeen_Broekstra
15:56:54 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:56:55 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:56:57 [EliasT]
EliasT has left #dawg
15:57:02 [SteveH]
DanC, how do I generate the minuites from the IRC log?
15:57:03 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:57:10 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:57:25 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make draft minutes
15:57:25 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make draft minutes', ericP. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:57:37 [ericP]
SteveH, checking...
15:57:41 [SteveH]
ericP, cheers
15:58:15 [Zakim]
-Yoshio
15:58:20 [ericP]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:58:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/07/12-dawg-minutes.html ericP
15:58:27 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:58:47 [ericP]
SteveH, i believe that should do it
15:59:03 [SteveH]
ericP, great
15:59:23 [SteveH]
its still 403 at the moment, i guess that takes some time?
16:00:39 [Zakim]
-Kevin
16:00:40 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
16:00:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kevin, Yoshio, Kendall_Clark, AndyS, LeeF, EliasT, DanC, SteveH, EricP, Jeen_Broekstra, JosD
16:01:16 [DanC]
yes, steve, ACL changes have a latency of a few seconds to a few minutes
16:01:24 [SteveH]
k
16:02:12 [DanC]
200 @ http://www.w3.org/2005/07/12-dawg-minutes.html now
16:02:29 [DanC]
Meeting: RDF Data Access
16:02:35 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:02:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/07/12-dawg-minutes.html DanC
16:02:46 [DanC]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0035.html
16:02:48 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:02:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2005/07/12-dawg-minutes.html DanC
16:05:18 [SteveH]
do i need to go in and fix it up, or is it ok as it is?
16:09:19 [DanC]
if you're inclined to fix it and send the results in an .html attachment to the list, that's my preference
16:09:23 [DanC]
or plain text mail to the list
16:09:32 [DanC]
you don't have CVS write access to the part of our web, steve
16:09:48 [DanC]
the WG will probably find it acceptable if you leave it as is
16:10:06 [DanC]
and actually, if you're not inclined to edit it further, I probably will
16:11:26 [SteveH]
im inclined to, there are some ,/: type mistakes but dont really have the time
16:12:09 [DanC]
ok, just mail a pointer to the WG. I'll probably tidy it up later
16:12:10 [SteveH]
mostly I wanted to remove comments I made that i didnt intend to be scribe notes, +1s and so on
16:12:14 [SteveH]
ok
16:13:32 [SteveH]
bye
16:23:46 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #dawg
16:41:30 [DaveB]
DaveB has joined #dawg
17:21:04 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #dawg
18:19:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg