IRC log of dawg on 2005-04-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:28:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc
14:28:17 [Zakim]
+JeenB
14:28:21 [ericP]
zakim, aaaa is Monte
14:28:21 [Zakim]
+Monte; got it
14:28:29 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:28:52 [ericP]
zakim, Monte holds SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
14:28:52 [Zakim]
+SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP; got it
14:28:58 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: RDF Data Access http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ 12 Apr
14:29:12 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:29:31 [DanC]
Zakim, Monte holds AlbertoR, DaveB,
14:29:31 [Zakim]
DaveB was already listed in Monte, DanC
14:29:32 [Zakim]
+AlbertoR; got it
14:29:36 [HiroyukiS]
Zakim, ??P21 is HiroyukiS
14:29:36 [Zakim]
+HiroyukiS; got it
14:29:44 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:29:48 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P22 is AndyS
14:29:48 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:29:51 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:29:59 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:29:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Monte, JeenB, DanC, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark
14:30:00 [Zakim]
Monte has AlbertoR
14:30:10 [DanC]
Zakim, Monte holds SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
14:30:10 [Zakim]
+SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP; got it
14:30:14 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Monte, JeenB, DanC, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark
14:30:15 [Zakim]
Monte has SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
14:30:49 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:30:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0059.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:30:54 [Zakim]
+Kevin
14:31:09 [DanC]
Regrets: BryanT
14:31:19 [DanC]
Regrets: BryanT, Howard
14:31:45 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:31:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Monte, JeenB, DanC, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark, Kevin
14:31:47 [Zakim]
Monte has SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
14:32:00 [DanC]
Scribe: DanC
14:32:17 [DanC]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/05-dawg-minutes.html 5 Apr minutes
14:32:30 [DanC]
RESOLVED to approve 5 Apr minutes
14:32:41 [DanC]
next meeting: 19 Apr. scribe volunteer?
14:32:52 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
14:32:52 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose DanC
14:33:04 [DanC]
next meeting: 19 Apr. Jeen to scribe
14:33:31 [DanC]
(4 actions from the agenda continued)
14:33:55 [DanC]
agenda + graphSolutionMapping
14:33:59 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:33:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "issue: fromUnionQuery" taken up [from DanC]
14:34:31 [kendall]
No decisions made to close yet; been moved from QL to protocol.
14:34:48 [kendall]
Getting comments like 'why are from/with gone'?
14:35:36 [DaveB]
DaveB has joined #dawg
14:35:46 [DanC]
KC: protocol editor's draft refers to DataSet and describes it in WSDL...
14:35:51 [DanC]
... but there aren't HTTP examples yet
14:36:29 [DaveB]
I can scribe now if you like...
14:37:01 [kendall]
I don't understand the comment about "expected something about background graph"
14:37:10 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0054.html Re: fromUnionQuery
14:37:20 [Zakim]
+Pat_Hayes
14:37:32 [AndyS]
Protocol doc says "The RDF dataset is a sequence of any number of URIs, each of which identifies an RDF graph."
14:37:47 [db-scribe]
discussion of background graph in protocol
14:37:58 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:38:14 [kendall]
Right, that's what I understood, Andy.
14:38:23 [AndyS]
No distinguished background graph?
14:38:47 [db-scribe]
there used to be two different keywords LOAD and FROM
14:39:07 [db-scribe]
for this conv, FROM for background and FROM NAMED for named graph
14:39:18 [db-scribe]
for this conversation, let's use^ (AndyS)
14:39:46 [db-scribe]
KC -had tried to reflect the design into protoocl
14:39:55 [SteveH]
q+ to propose a design without a distinguished background graph
14:40:04 [DanC]
ack steveh
14:40:04 [Zakim]
SteveH, you wanted to propose a design without a distinguished background graph
14:40:48 [AndyS]
(can't hear Steve - keeps dropping out)
14:41:20 [db-scribe]
maybe http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0440.html
14:41:23 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0440.html
14:42:37 [db-scribe]
SH - idea is instead of a privelged background graph,
14:42:48 [db-scribe]
specify a set of graphs that are used if you don't use the bg grap
14:42:51 [db-scribe]
h
14:43:24 [db-scribe]
when not using the GRAPH keyword, it allows results from the lists of defaulted graphs
14:43:38 [db-scribe]
rather than just from the bg graph
14:43:39 [kendall]
wow, bad comms today
14:43:42 [AndyS]
Is this like having trusted/untrusted flag on each graph?
14:44:02 [kendall]
ah, they're in tuscany. the bastards. :>
14:44:41 [db-scribe]
'use' and 'constrain' - use is the list of graphs to use without the GRAPH keyword
14:44:45 [db-scribe]
and constrain if you do
14:45:00 [db-scribe]
there does not have to be a background graph
14:45:10 [db-scribe]
the used grraphs are not the bg graph, they are still named
14:45:23 [kendall]
+1 for explicit better than implicit
14:45:46 [db-scribe]
SH - there are more than 1, as many as you like, explicit URIs for non-GRAPH triple matches
14:46:43 [db-scribe]
sh - background graph has no name
14:46:49 [db-scribe]
as well as being a single graph
14:46:50 [AndyS]
Seems to restrict datasets to where BG graph is also named.
14:47:07 [db-scribe]
whereas the use list of graphs allows a set of graph to be consulted
14:47:33 [AndyS]
i.e. BG graph is one of the named graphs - all union/merge issues is separable issue
14:47:38 [AndyS]
??
14:47:52 [db-scribe]
there are 2 sets of graphs - (set of use uris) and (set of consult uris) graphs
14:48:06 [db-scribe]
the former are used without GRAPH, the latter with GRAPH name
14:48:14 [AndyS]
Test case?
14:48:41 [kendall]
fwiw, the current protocol working draft doesn't say anything about a background graph because I understand "background graph" in the QL spec to be implicit, unnamed, and in fact unnameable by a client/requester...
14:48:58 [db-scribe]
union of (set of use graphs) is the bg graph?
14:49:30 [db-scribe]
the (set of use graphs) are not merged
14:51:08 [db-scribe]
DC - (set of use graphs) merged are the bg graph and all the (use, consult) graphs are named graphs and can be refered to
14:51:13 [kendall]
+1 andy
14:51:44 [db-scribe]
SH - having problems with the bg graph having no name in a use case
14:52:03 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
14:52:03 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
14:52:18 [db-scribe]
SH - case is data management of the background graph
14:52:37 [db-scribe]
dataset covers things the protocol can't specify
14:52:43 [db-scribe]
^DC-
14:52:50 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
14:52:50 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
14:54:11 [db-scribe]
AS - hearing most it being impl issues
14:54:40 [kendall]
I'm interested too
14:54:57 [db-scribe]
SH - this is a new use case
14:55:14 [DanC]
ACTION SteveH: write up use case that can't be handled by current design (?)
14:55:27 [db-scribe]
^- data management of background graph
14:56:15 [db-scribe]
DC - what keyword names...
14:56:35 [db-scribe]
KC - bg graph implicit
14:57:06 [db-scribe]
2 sequences of uris that need recording
14:57:13 [db-scribe]
KC to think about names of params
14:57:37 [db-scribe]
DC some apps allow you to load the bg graph, some don't
14:58:15 [AndyS]
Dataset is "{ G, (u1, G1), (u2, G2), . . . (un, Gn) }" NB the first G has no URI.
14:58:48 [kendall]
(I called it the "target graph" instead of background, because that doesn't imply, to me at least, implicitness)
14:59:09 [db-scribe]
ask about where does the data go - all data into bg graph (JanneS)
14:59:22 [db-scribe]
for rasqal not quite impl (DaveB)
14:59:43 [db-scribe]
for arq can do either (AndyS) via the query language not protocol
15:00:25 [db-scribe]
how about 'data' and 'background'
15:00:50 [db-scribe]
DC - could call them trusted and untrusted
15:00:54 [db-scribe]
AS - have tried to avoid that
15:01:04 [kendall]
"background" & "foreground"
15:01:09 [kendall]
"named" & "unnamed"
15:01:14 [kendall]
"named" & "default"
15:01:32 [db-scribe]
DaveB: I wouldn't use naming for fore/backgroun distinction
15:02:01 [AndyS]
+1 to "named" and "default"
15:03:24 [db-scribe]
KC - can have this in both query and protoocl, need to have a way to handle when they don't agree
15:04:11 [db-scribe]
hmm, maybe I prefer "data" and "default" as param names
15:04:32 [db-scribe]
KC - 0 or more URIs for 2 lists - named and default
15:05:15 [db-scribe]
DC requests http example
15:05:24 [db-scribe]
of the design KC's working on
15:05:48 [DanC]
ACTION KC: draft protocol section on specifying datasets (fromUnionQuery) incl WSDL types and HTTP examples
15:06:08 [db-scribe]
EricP offers to impl
15:06:43 [DanC]
ACTION EP: try out "2 list of URIs" data sets design.
15:08:36 [db-scribe]
q+
15:08:42 [DanC]
ack db-scribe
15:10:10 [db-scribe]
about getting this in the QL also
15:13:14 [AndyS]
How about: (does not scale) #!/bin/sparql --default=URI1 --named=URI2 --named=URI3
15:13:36 [db-scribe]
passing along (data to query+query) together in a document is very handy - xquery and rdf query
15:14:10 [db-scribe]
DC - analogy with xslt also
15:14:24 [db-scribe]
DC (earlier) said this was discussed at f2f5 boston
15:14:40 [DanC]
(no, analogy with xslt does seem new)
15:15:06 [db-scribe]
KC - rdf dataset in protocol and/or query language to be pretyt compelling
15:15:16 [db-scribe]
.. need to say what happens when they disagree
15:15:22 [SteveH]
I dont care where it is specified. but I onyl want it in one place
15:15:42 [db-scribe]
kevinW - would b enice to have it in tke queyr lang
15:15:52 [db-scribe]
.. notion of subqueries, kinda harder with a protocol
15:16:10 [db-scribe]
a forward compat. point, e.g. naming result of a describe
15:16:34 [db-scribe]
SH - why would this be harder in the protocol?
15:16:37 [DanC]
(chairing thought: making decisions that don't completely close an issue is hardly worth the bother)
15:17:10 [AndyS]
For DAWG2 ... FROM CONSTRUCT or FROM DESCRIBE c.f. SQL FROM (SELECT ...)
15:17:13 [db-scribe]
KW - expressing a query as the result of another query
15:18:07 [db-scribe]
KC - would expect comments on this change
15:18:51 [kendall]
DC -- It seems "invisible" and "surprising" because it's not clear to people how to express the RDF dataset in the protocol docs.
15:19:05 [db-scribe]
SH - unahappy that the dataset appear in two places, want it in exactly 1
15:19:41 [kendall]
KC -- I don't agree with this, because the comments people have made about surprise & visibility have been comments on the query language spec. To wit, "I liked the QL better when it contained FROM/WITH."
15:20:39 [AlbertoR]
I disagree - generate an error if in both might be not good - better to allow them in both and overrride
15:20:55 [kendall]
well, they're standing next to each other, so we may not need to hear it all :>
15:21:19 [kendall]
FWIW, I'm -1, I think, on it being an error for the rdf-dataset to "be in both". If they agree, who cares?
15:21:37 [db-scribe]
SH and DB discussed it - haiving it in either is ok, having in both is an error.
15:21:47 [db-scribe]
would work, SH slightly uncomforatable
15:21:53 [kendall]
+1 Alberto's point
15:22:04 [db-scribe]
Alberto - allow both, let protocol override
15:22:11 [DanC]
it appeals to me to have the protocol override the ql
15:22:16 [db-scribe]
... or the other way round
15:22:17 [db-scribe]
!
15:23:12 [db-scribe]
SH, EP - rather not have both -w ould confuse users if both ql+protocol had graphs specified
15:23:41 [db-scribe]
KC - error if in both and they don't agree?
15:23:52 [db-scribe]
EP - slighly scared by that
15:23:56 [AlbertoR]
the problem to me is query.sparql might generate an error if run locally (API/non-protocol) - and OK if run through HTTP/Apache for example - the user would not get that
15:23:59 [db-scribe]
... multiple names for same resource
15:24:34 [db-scribe]
canonicalisation of sources
15:24:48 [db-scribe]
order of lists of uris?
15:24:59 [db-scribe]
EP - no reason for order to matter
15:25:03 [kendall]
"same set of strings"
15:25:05 [DanC]
options: * only in protocol * only in QL * in either, error if both * in either, QL overrides protocol * in either, protocol overrides QL
15:25:22 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:25:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Monte, JeenB, DanC, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark, Kevin, Pat_Hayes
15:25:24 [Zakim]
Monte has SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
15:25:55 [DanC]
options: * only in protocol * only in QL * in either, error if both * in either, QL overrides protocol * in either, protocol overrides QL * in either, error if they disagree
15:26:42 [kendall]
dc: only in proto
15:26:45 [kendall]
jeen: last
15:27:18 [DanC]
HS: both
15:27:20 [kendall]
hiroyuki: "in both"
15:27:32 [kendall]
Andy: protocol overrides QL
15:27:48 [kendall]
Kendall: last, same as Jeen
15:28:14 [kendall]
Kevin: LEAVE ME ALONE!
15:28:30 [kendall]
PatH: No opinion. Why are we discussing this?
15:28:37 [kendall]
(because why would there be a clash?)
15:28:40 [DanC]
Kevin: in either. don't care how conflicts are resolved
15:29:07 [db-scribe]
SH - in either, error if used in both simultaneous
15:29:13 [kendall]
SteveH: in either, error in both
15:29:23 [kendall]
Dave: in either, don't care about conflict resolution
15:29:38 [db-scribe]
Alberto - in either, allow both
15:29:50 [kendall]
Eric: No op.
15:31:04 [kendall]
graham's point is good, if it stands
15:31:17 [kendall]
(er, that was my opinion only)
15:31:35 [db-scribe]
DaveB
15:31:42 [kendall]
Kendall
15:31:54 [ericP]
apathy rules!
15:33:32 [db-scribe]
DC - how to pick what happens when the conflic?
15:33:44 [AndyS]
Use case: have a production query which has a target in QL. Now want to test on new (different) dataset. Protocol overrides query.
15:33:50 [db-scribe]
when the query and protocol datasets conflict
15:34:03 [DanC]
ACTION AFS: add syntax to specify datasets in the QL
15:34:31 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:34:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "issue: valueTesting" taken up [from DanC]
15:34:55 [DanC]
ACTION: DaveB to work with EricP to clarify valueTesting proposal ETA 19 Apr
15:35:05 [DanC]
ACTION: HowardK to seek clarification on valueTesting w.r.t. differenced from XQuery
15:36:33 [db-scribe]
discussion of GK comment on dates in valeuTesting
15:36:40 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
15:36:40 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:36:51 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:36:51 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "issue: punctuationSyntax" taken up [from DanC]
15:36:59 [kendall]
thx dave
15:37:19 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
15:37:19 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:38:07 [db-scribe]
I was impl the rq23 and got lost in the optional ';' and '.'s etc. near end of }
15:38:24 [db-scribe]
DC - saw no trogn supprot for reifications horthand, last week
15:38:28 [db-scribe]
.. no strong ...
15:39:19 [db-scribe]
DaveB - .'s at the end of a qname as a special case is tricky
15:39:50 [DanC]
sounds like Dave's done as much as he intended to do re his turtle investigation action
15:40:32 [DanC]
ericp seems to argue for { ex:s ex:p ex:o.boy .}
15:40:37 [DanC]
ericp seems to argue for { ex:s ex:p ex:o.boy. .}
15:40:45 [db-scribe]
yeah, where needed to resolve ambiguity
15:40:48 [DanC]
ericp seems to argue against { ex:s ex:p ex:o.boy.}
15:40:53 [AndyS]
q+ on chars in qnames (not dots)
15:40:54 [db-scribe]
and *also* editing Turtle to alllow '.'s
15:43:15 [db-scribe]
so I'm happy to align turtle with expanded qnames re xml11
15:43:37 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to not have reification syntax
15:43:48 [db-scribe]
seconded ericp
15:44:01 [db-scribe]
objections: none
15:44:15 [db-scribe]
abstain: KC, AS, PH, KW
15:44:19 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:44:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Monte, JeenB, DanC, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark, Kevin, Pat_Hayes
15:44:22 [Zakim]
Monte has SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP
15:44:41 [DanC]
abstain: KC, AS, PH, KW, JB
15:45:25 [DanC]
abstain: KC, AFS/KW, PH, JB
15:46:03 [DanC]
in favor: Dan/w3c, HiroyukiS, SteveH, DaveB, AlbertoR
15:46:21 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
15:46:35 [DanC]
ACTION AFS: take it out
15:47:03 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:47:03 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "issue sort" taken up [from DanC]
15:47:13 [DanC]
. ACTION: PatH to review sort design
15:48:11 [db-scribe]
PH - reviewed it, it's complicated, but it would have to be
15:48:15 [DanC]
(action done to my satisfaction)
15:48:41 [db-scribe]
PH - need a total ordering
15:48:54 [db-scribe]
.. wondering about the motivation was
15:49:22 [db-scribe]
AS - made a total ordering in response to earlier PH feedback, but might have gone too far (?)
15:49:35 [db-scribe]
PH - could be simplified if a TO's not needed
15:50:34 [db-scribe]
noted that sql doesn't have this req, but requires a consistent ordering
15:50:38 [db-scribe]
in impls
15:51:27 [AndyS]
Suggest choose simpler case based on "Case 1: arbitrary consistent ordering"
15:51:27 [db-scribe]
EP - impl dep oreding only affects "getting the next 10 results" and if you switched an impl between then
15:51:50 [db-scribe]
DC- call for test case writer for ordering
15:52:23 [db-scribe]
DC about 10 cases - 6 normal cases, 4 weird things users want to do
15:53:18 [db-scribe]
JB offers
15:53:21 [AndyS]
Thanks Jeen
15:53:37 [db-scribe]
JB askes about ordering in test case results
15:53:54 [db-scribe]
AS - suggest where we case, we do the results in XML
15:54:04 [db-scribe]
which preserves the order
15:54:31 [DanC]
(aha... I didn't realize that the sort issue impacted the xml results set format spec)
15:54:44 [db-scribe]
DB - not sure if vbr xml format says orderred or not, probably follows query model.
15:55:01 [kendall]
this telcon has had a bit of everything!
15:55:13 [db-scribe]
(5 yr old interrupts play)
15:55:31 [db-scribe]
SH - if we added sorting, was proposing to add an index to the testcases of the order of the result
15:57:46 [db-scribe]
SH - would be irrelvant if there is no ORDER BY
15:57:46 [db-scribe]
,.. correction, only there if there is an ORDER BY
15:57:48 [AndyS]
I have a corner case ... :-)
15:57:49 [db-scribe]
AS -worry about doing subgraph isomorphism vs graph isomorphism in comparing results. (scribe?)
15:57:51 [db-scribe]
SH - can 't number them if you don't have order by; must number them if there is order by
15:57:55 [db-scribe]
DC - would be a new indexProperty on the bnode with the order
15:58:09 [db-scribe]
DC - doesn't sound enough energy for sorting in group
15:58:26 [db-scribe]
SH - at present sounds like research, in favour not doing sorting
15:58:29 [DanC]
ACTION JB: write a few sort tests
15:58:36 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:58:36 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "SPARQL QL publication candidate" taken up [from DanC]
15:59:28 [DanC]
done: ACTION: DaveB to review rq23 editor's draft this week
15:59:37 [DanC]
EP and AFS ack daveb's comments and bijan's
15:59:38 [db-scribe]
EP, AS - not caught up yet
15:59:55 [db-scribe]
EP planning to bug me till I explain my comments
16:00:01 [DanC]
ACTION: PatH to internal review of rq23, starting monday
16:00:22 [DanC]
done: ACTION: AndyS to clarify 5.4 w/r/t closed world assumption
16:02:26 [db-scribe]
DC - 19Apr pub date realistic?
16:03:52 [ericP]
"editorial in the loosest possible sense": changes will be done with an editor
16:04:11 [db-scribe]
AS - only likely missing thing that's substantial is the fromUnionQuery
16:04:37 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to publish editor's best effort this week
16:04:55 [db-scribe]
(this is not a LC I assume)
16:04:55 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
16:04:55 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark was not muted, kendall
16:05:02 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to publish editor's best effort this week, publication date early next week
16:05:48 [db-scribe]
objections: none
16:05:52 [db-scribe]
abstentions: SH
16:06:00 [db-scribe]
resolved
16:06:00 [DanC]
agenda?
16:06:07 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
16:06:08 [Zakim]
-Kevin
16:06:10 [KevinW]
KevinW has left #DAWG
16:06:18 [Zakim]
-HiroyukiS
16:06:23 [DanC]
jeen, are you in Tuscany?
16:06:28 [jeen]
nope
16:06:31 [db-scribe]
:)
16:06:54 [AlbertoR]
AlbertoR has left #dawg
16:06:56 [DanC]
ok... re scribe duties, there's a "scribe tips" link from the WG homepage to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0624.html
16:07:17 [jeen]
ok thx
16:07:36 [DaveB]
oh, are you doiing it jeen?
16:07:48 [jeen]
dave no next week
16:07:54 [DaveB]
ah, fine
16:09:43 [Zakim]
-JeenB
16:10:05 [jeen]
jeen has left #dawg
16:11:02 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:11:22 [Zakim]
-Pat_Hayes
16:11:25 [Zakim]
-Monte
16:11:58 [Zakim]
-AndyS
16:11:59 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
16:12:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were +39.057.584.aaaa, JeenB, DanC, SteveH, DaveB, AlberertoR, EricP, AlbertoR, HiroyukiS, AndyS, Kendall_Clark, Kevin, Pat_Hayes
16:22:56 [DanC]
Regrets+ Yoshio
16:23:06 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
16:28:11 [DanC]
s/ doesn't sound enough energy for sorting in group/ does sound enough energy for sorting in group
16:28:54 [DanC]
I wanted to do a poll on postponing sort, but ran out of time
16:41:49 [patH]
Yes, sorry, Dan, I maybe should have sounded less enthusiastic. In fact I am not very enthusiastic about sorting.
16:44:49 [DanC]
I'm struggling to get this WG to close issues.
16:45:17 [DanC]
we were down to 2 issues between us and a query language last call, as of the boston meeting. not only have we not closed those, we've re-opened others.
16:45:30 [DanC]
sigh.
16:47:02 [DanC]
oh well. we seem to be getting good comments
17:04:18 [AndyS]
Significant user pull - implementers have to do much work.
17:05:09 [AndyS]
"Top-10" use case is rather significant (but the chater says "select subgraph"!)
18:30:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg
18:32:37 [DanC]
RRSAgent, bye
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items:
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to write up use case that can't be handled by current design (?) [1]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T14-55-14
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KC to draft protocol section on specifying datasets (fromUnionQuery) incl WSDL types and HTTP examples [2]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-05-48
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EP to try out "2 list of URIs" data sets design. [3]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-06-43
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AFS to add syntax to specify datasets in the QL [4]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-34-03
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB to work with EricP to clarify valueTesting proposal ETA 19 Apr [5]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-34-55
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: HowardK to seek clarification on valueTesting w.r.t. differenced from XQuery [6]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-35-05
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AFS to take it out [7]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-46-35
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JB to write a few sort tests [8]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T15-58-29
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to internal review of rq23, starting monday [9]
18:32:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/04/12-dawg-irc#T16-00-01