IRC log of ua on 2005-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

01:05:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
01:05:23 [MattSEA]
rrsagent, make log world
01:05:28 [MattSEA]
zakim, who's here?
01:05:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, Matt, Peter_Korn, DPoehlman, Cathy_Laws, ??P4
01:05:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, kyle, JONGUND, Zakim, MattSEA
01:05:40 [MattSEA]
zakim, ??P0 is Beijing
01:05:40 [Zakim]
+Beijing; got it
01:07:19 [korn]
korn has joined #ua
01:07:40 [JONGUND]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2005/03/ua-meeting
01:07:54 [JONGUND]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/
01:07:59 [MattSEA]
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/allgroupoverview.html
01:09:44 [MattSEA]
jg: Tech Plenary f2f in March in Boston
01:09:46 [MattSEA]
jg: We will likely be meeting with HTML WG on Tuesday PM, SVG on Thursday
01:10:15 [MattSEA]
jg: Part of discussion on plenary day (Wednesday) is going to be on test suites.
01:13:03 [MattSEA]
pk: I'm planning to attend. Trying to figure out Mon-Thu or Tue-Fri.
01:13:23 [MattSEA]
kyle: How many people attending?
01:13:52 [MattSEA]
jg: Could be 10 or 12 people.
01:14:06 [MattSEA]
jg: Overall 300-400 who attend.
01:15:21 [MattSEA]
jessie: Detailed agenda?
01:15:38 [MattSEA]
jg: Not yet. Working on that over the next few weeks. People who want to discuss issues, send me or Matt and email.
01:16:53 [MattSEA]
pk: Will need to parcel out actions on tests, etc.
01:17:33 [MattSEA]
action: mm add f2f agenda item for test suite actions
01:17:48 [MattSEA]
jg: Update on keyboard specs?
01:18:00 [MattSEA]
pk: No functional changes that I'm aware of.
01:18:11 [MattSEA]
kyle: Still discussing some details.
01:18:21 [MattSEA]
kyle: Haven't published it.
01:18:25 [MattSEA]
pk: Functional changes?
01:18:36 [MattSEA]
kyle: Most significant changes will be moving in and out of form controls.
01:18:49 [MattSEA]
kyle: hasn't been decided.
01:20:05 [MattSEA]
jg: Thought about caret and non-caret modes?
01:22:50 [MattSEA]
cl: What's the latest version?
01:22:56 [MattSEA]
kyle: One from December.
01:23:08 [MattSEA]
jg: Date on Moz access site is September. Is that old?
01:23:15 [JONGUND]
http://www.mozilla.org/access/unix/keyboardproposal.html
01:24:19 [kyle]
no, the correct URL is http://www.mozilla.org/access/keyboard/proposal
01:25:56 [JONGUND]
http://cita.disability.uiuc.edu/mozilla/ts-index.html
01:26:58 [MattSEA]
jessie: I have found your keyboard requirements very useful. I have a question: not clear about some of the test cases.
01:27:23 [MattSEA]
jg: In Web apps, you may have other elements that can respond to keyboard events. onfocus and onblur events. Even with onclick, keyboard may respond.
01:28:46 [MattSEA]
jg: the word "enabled" comes from UAAG. That's what we call elements that can respond to user input.
01:31:13 [MattSEA]
jg: When moving around in caret mode, not necessarily in a different mode.
01:33:39 [MattSEA]
jg: last time we talked, [ and ] were control-focus-left and -right?
01:34:39 [MattSEA]
kyle: Aaron suggested us to move caret over text box, and have a key to actuate text box.
01:34:42 [MattSEA]
cl: Edit mode.
01:34:48 [MattSEA]
jg: Like forms mode in JAWS.
01:34:50 [MattSEA]
cl: Right.
01:36:07 [JONGUND]
http://cita.disability.uiuc.edu/mozilla/ts-bindings.html
01:37:11 [MattSEA]
jessie: Now support brackets to move out of form control.
01:37:18 [MattSEA]
s/bracket/alt-bracket/
01:37:57 [MattSEA]
jg: What do you call when you give keyboard focus to the form control?
01:38:03 [MattSEA]
pk: That part doesn't change.
01:38:08 [MattSEA]
jg: control loses focus?
01:38:54 [MattSEA]
kyle: Will probably add edit mode in next version.
01:41:15 [korn]
korn has joined #ua
01:41:23 [korn]
korn has left #ua
01:41:25 [korn]
korn has joined #ua
01:45:56 [korn]
korn has left #ua
01:46:06 [korn]
korn has joined #ua
01:46:07 [MattSEA]
jg: I'll update the applet and object parts of the tests.
01:48:53 [MattSEA]
jg: Mozilla extension: will have a new version available in the next week or two.
01:49:07 [MattSEA]
jg: Jessie and Kyle, have you been using this?
01:49:18 [MattSEA]
kyle: I downloaded the first version a few months ago.
01:50:18 [MattSEA]
jg: Works on Unix and Mac, too. Seems to work better on Mac, actually.
01:52:16 [MattSEA]
jg: Working on getting enumeration of what events apply to each control, and firing that from the extension.
01:53:41 [MattSEA]
jg: Our charter has been approved.
01:55:05 [MattSEA]
mm: May need to get a statement from people to adhere to the current patent policy. Otherwise, no action needed.
01:56:53 [MattSEA]
jg: Next meeting?
01:58:25 [Zakim]
-DPoehlman
02:01:48 [MattSEA]
jg: 7/8 February
02:01:57 [MattSEA]
jg: Next meeting for UAWG: Thursday
02:02:08 [korn]
korn has left #ua
02:02:17 [Zakim]
-Matt
02:02:19 [Zakim]
-Cathy_Laws
02:02:20 [Zakim]
-??P4
02:02:25 [MattSEA]
rrsagent, bye
02:02:25 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item:
02:02:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mm add f2f agenda item for test suite actions [1]
02:02:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/01/12-ua-irc#T01-17-33