IRC log of dawg on 2005-01-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:29:23 [DanC]
agenda + Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0010.html
14:29:31 [DanC]
agenda + ftf4
14:29:38 [DanC]
agenda + ftf5
14:29:45 [DanC]
agenda + XML result set spec publication
14:29:56 [DanC]
agenda + Protocol spec publication
14:30:04 [DanC]
agenda + Services / DawgShows
14:30:13 [DanC]
Zakim, this is dawg
14:30:14 [Zakim]
ok, DanC; that matches SW_DAWG()9:30AM
14:30:19 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, ??P1
14:30:30 [Zakim]
+Yoshio
14:30:31 [DaveB]
Zakim, ??P1 is DaveB
14:30:31 [Zakim]
+DaveB; got it
14:30:32 [DanC]
agenda + disjunction
14:30:42 [DanC]
agenda + SOURCE
14:30:59 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:31:33 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:32:09 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:32:12 [ericP]
zakim, please dial ericP-617
14:32:12 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
14:32:12 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P3 is AndyS
14:32:14 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:32:15 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:32:18 [Yoshio]
hya iltaa
14:32:28 [Yoshio]
s/hya/hyva
14:32:34 [Yoshio]
hyvaa?
14:32:44 [DanC]
my IRC client is utf-8 happy now... wanna show off your japanese skills, ericp?
14:32:45 [ericP]
zakim, please mute ericP
14:32:45 [Zakim]
EricP should now be muted
14:32:57 [Zakim]
+NickG
14:33:03 [SteveH]
Zakim, NickG is SteveH
14:33:03 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:33:13 [ericP]
danc, ご融資でお困りの方に朗報
14:33:17 [AndyS]
Janne - no problems with the storm I hope?
14:33:17 [ericP]
(from spam)
14:34:04 [ericP]
yoshio, was responding to "yyvaa"
14:34:26 [Yoshio]
* Hmm, my irc is not Unicode happy :(
14:34:42 [AndyS]
Mime claims it - but isn't :-(
14:34:43 [DaveB]
I get about 50% of them
14:34:51 [DanC]
scribe: SteveH
14:34:56 [DanC]
regrets: Kendall Clark, Jos De Roo
14:35:19 [ericP]
yoshio, the irc protocol doesn't prescribe a character encoding nor provide a way to communicate it
14:35:19 [DanC]
record ok? http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-dawg-irc
14:35:50 [DanC]
RESOLVED to accept it as a true record
14:36:06 [DanC]
next meeting: ftf4 19-20 Jan
14:36:15 [DanC]
Kendall has offered to be the 1st scribe
14:36:54 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:36:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, DaveB, Yoshio, DanC, JanneS, AndyS, EricP (muted), SteveH
14:37:18 [Yoshio]
??P0 is Hiroyuki, I think
14:37:24 [DanC]
??P0 is HiroyukiS
14:37:28 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P0 is HiroyukiS
14:37:28 [Zakim]
+HiroyukiS; got it
14:38:34 [DanC]
agenda + call for exclusions
14:39:13 [ericP]
read it, makes sense
14:39:28 [SteveH]
.
14:39:42 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:39:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0010.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:39:50 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 1
14:39:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
14:39:51 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:39:52 [Zakim]
2. ftf4 [from DanC]
14:39:55 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:39:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, DanC
14:40:01 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 2
14:40:01 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "ftf4" taken up [from DanC]
14:40:20 [DanC]
ftf agenda, sketch http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf4.html
14:41:17 [Zakim]
-EricP
14:41:23 [ericP]
ahg!
14:41:38 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ v 1.1 2004/12/17 17:33:45
14:41:39 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:43:23 [DanC]
yes, that one for the reading list
14:43:33 [DaveB]
(could we have the dates of f2f4 on the f2f4 web page?)
14:44:04 [DanC]
(yes. phpht.)
14:44:21 [DanC]
Zakim, take up agendum 3
14:44:21 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "ftf5" taken up [from DanC]
14:44:49 [DaveB]
I have probably regrets for ftf5
14:44:59 [ericP]
2nd
14:44:59 [SteveH]
28th feb 1 march meeting
14:45:21 [SteveH]
no objections
14:45:23 [DanC]
Registration is open
14:45:23 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
14:45:32 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
14:45:32 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
14:45:33 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:45:35 [Zakim]
2. ftf4 [from DanC]
14:45:55 [DanC]
agenda order is 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 2
14:46:01 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:46:01 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "XML result set spec publication" taken up [from DanC]
14:47:40 [SteveH]
ACTION: DaveB to post announcement about XML result set on appropraite mailing lists
14:48:00 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: ask Liam, via SemWeb CG, which XML groups might be interested in SPARQL result set WD
14:49:12 [DanC]
agenda + trackback to WDs
14:49:56 [SteveH]
withdraw simons action on alternaive unbound results
14:52:04 [ericP]
ericP preferrs order in the SELECT just for the sake of the user
14:54:22 [ericP]
darth vader here?
14:54:25 [SteveH]
Issue with order of result columns
14:54:29 [SteveH]
currently undefined
14:54:38 [SteveH]
options are query order, lexical, arbitrary
14:54:49 [SteveH]
+others
14:55:21 [SteveH]
ACTION: DaveB discussion options for column ordering and pick one
14:55:45 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:55:45 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Protocol spec publication" taken up [from DanC]
14:56:17 [DanC]
ACTION: EricP/KendallC to publish "SPARQL Protocol for RDF" pending approval from TomA and AndyS
14:56:49 [AndyS]
I have approved this
14:58:08 [SteveH]
DanC: there are some URIs that dont follow the namespace policies
14:58:30 [DaveB]
q+ re pub protocol
14:59:01 [howardk]
howardk has joined #dawg
14:59:10 [ericP]
87.5
14:59:14 [DanC]
ack daveb
14:59:18 [howardk]
hi danc!
14:59:39 [Yoshio]
* Yoshio waves to haward
14:59:51 [howardk]
morning yoshio (howard's time)
15:00:01 [DaveB]
: $Id: index.html,v 1.1 2004/12/17 17:33:45 kclark Exp $
15:00:20 [Yoshio]
* evening, haward (Yoshio's time)
15:00:30 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:00:30 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Services / DawgShows" taken up [from DanC]
15:00:39 [SteveH]
DaveB: can ericP post a link to a modified 1.1 with changes
15:00:54 [DanC]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/DawgShows
15:01:04 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking?
15:01:14 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: AndyS (4%)
15:01:42 [DanC]
ACTION: KendallC expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients
15:02:06 [Zakim]
+HowardK
15:02:48 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:02:48 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "disjunction" taken up [from DanC]
15:03:08 [DanC]
EricP migrate some Algae UnionDisjunciton test cases http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0464.html
15:05:08 [DanC]
# Proposal to drop disjunction requirement Steve Harris (Thursday, 30 September) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0604.html
15:06:15 [DaveB]
at http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/issues-ftf4/
15:06:16 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/issues-ftf4/
15:08:02 [SteveH]
DanC will add all the issues to URL^
15:08:45 [ericP]
some
15:09:58 [DaveB]
current words near http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#alternatives
15:10:39 [DaveB]
drop section 6
15:10:45 [DanC]
"6.1 Joining Patterns with OR"
15:11:15 [DanC]
"6 More Pattern Matching – Alternatives"
15:11:28 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:11:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HiroyukiS, DaveB, Yoshio, DanC, JanneS, AndyS, EricP (muted), SteveH, HowardK
15:12:57 [Yoshio]
I'm playing with RDQL these days, which drove me to be able to live without it...
15:13:29 [DanC]
ack ericp
15:13:29 [ericP]
preferr to keep it
15:14:24 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:14:24 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "SOURCE" taken up [from DanC]
15:15:06 [DanC]
Untrusted graphs - examples http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0421.html
15:15:06 [SteveH]
straw poll: 2 in favour of withdraing sec 6, 2 in favour of keeping, rest undecided
15:15:10 [SteveH]
(is that correct?)
15:15:16 [DanC]
close enough
15:16:05 [DanC]
tests: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/source-named/
15:16:18 [DanC]
action is DONE
15:16:43 [DanC]
ACTION: JanneS propose text for hard failure in the protocol draft
15:17:40 [DaveB]
see http://www.profium.com/news/2005/jan11_2005.html
15:18:06 [DanC]
ACTION: DanC suggest formal definitions for SOURCE
15:18:08 [SteveH]
Janne is working on SRARQP over [OJ]DBC [couldn;t hear]
15:19:00 [AndyS]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sparql4j
15:19:35 [SteveH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0421.html represnts daves current preferred solution to source
15:19:51 [DanC]
andys: that's what rq23 specifies too
15:19:57 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:19:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "ftf4" taken up [from DanC]
15:20:21 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ $Revision: 1.166 $ of $Date: 2005/01/10 17:59:34 $
15:20:46 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: add rq23 1.66 to ftf4 reading list
15:21:13 [SteveH]
version 1.166
15:21:17 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-XMLres-20041221/
15:21:24 [DanC]
I'll add that
15:21:46 [DanC]
v1.1. of protocol
15:21:48 [SteveH]
ACTION: Danc to add http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-XMLres-20041221/ to reading list
15:22:39 [DanC]
. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-dawg-uc-20041012/
15:23:53 [SteveH]
DanC: expects storytelling around protocol at F2F
15:26:48 [SteveH]
options for using F+O, menu choice or bulk import
15:27:27 [DanC]
agenda + value testing
15:27:34 [DanC]
Zakim, agenda?
15:27:34 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
15:27:35 [Zakim]
2. ftf4 [from DanC]
15:27:36 [Zakim]
9. call for exclusions [from DanC]
15:27:37 [Zakim]
10. trackback to WDs [from DanC]
15:27:38 [Zakim]
11. value testing [from DanC]
15:28:26 [DanC]
w3t-pr@w3.org
15:28:44 [SteveH]
Janne: is it OK for press to turn up after F2F4
15:30:48 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: put Janne in touch with w3t-pr re press at ftf4
15:31:09 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 2
15:31:09 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
15:31:10 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:31:12 [Zakim]
9. call for exclusions [from DanC]
15:31:48 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 9
15:31:48 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "call for exclusions" taken up [from DanC]
15:31:49 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0014.html
15:33:08 [SteveH]
DanC: patent policy says that if you have any patents that are essential to the practice to this sepc. and you dont want to give a royalty-free licence to the world you have to note it in the call for exclusions
15:33:21 [SteveH]
New W3C patent policy
15:36:14 [DanC]
ADJOURN
15:36:21 [DanC]
Zakim, please make minutes
15:36:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'please make minutes', DanC
15:36:28 [DanC]
RRSAgent, please make minutes
15:36:52 [Zakim]
-Yoshio
15:36:58 [Zakim]
-HiroyukiS
15:37:08 [Yoshio]
* See you in Espoo!
15:37:16 [DanC]
hmm... 404 @ http://www.w3.org/2005/01/11-dawg-minutes*,acccess*
15:37:42 [DanC]
so... never mind.
15:37:47 [Zakim]
-HowardK
15:39:26 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/Promotion/Appearances/
15:39:45 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/02-PromotionsForm
15:40:07 [DaveB]
spell it just like it sounds DanC
15:40:10 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:40:10 [ericP]
Prud'hommeaux
15:42:57 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:47:16 [DaveB]
http://www.w3.org/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/all.htm
15:48:21 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:48:26 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:48:48 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: RDF Data Access http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ see you in helsinki!
15:48:56 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: RDF Data Access http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ see you in Finland!
15:58:41 [Zakim]
-DaveB
16:00:38 [ericP]
WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/all.htm
16:01:05 [Zakim]
-AndyS
16:01:17 [ericP]
cvs.w3.org:/w3ccvs
16:03:14 [ericP]
CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d eric@cvs.w3.org:/w3ccvs co WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/all.htm
16:03:57 [SteveH]
[swh@ninkasi DAWG]$ cvs -d sharris2@cvs.w3.org:/w3ccvs co WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/all.htm
16:03:57 [SteveH]
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for `/w3ccvs/WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql' (/w3ccvs/WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
16:03:57 [SteveH]
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/w3ccvs/WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql'
16:03:57 [SteveH]
cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
16:04:53 [Zakim]
-SteveH
16:04:58 [Zakim]
-EricP
16:05:00 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
16:05:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were Yoshio, DaveB, DanC, JanneS, AndyS, EricP, SteveH, HiroyukiS, HowardK
16:07:44 [afs]
Thta's what I get
16:07:58 [AndyS]
That's what I get
16:08:25 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #dawg
16:21:48 [ericP]
andy, (and steve and dave), WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/ is rumored to be fixed
16:28:34 [AndyS]
Wil try it ... one moment ...
16:29:47 [AndyS]
Works - one file - all.htm
16:30:00 [AndyS]
.htm???
16:31:34 [AndyS]
s/OR/UNION/ done
16:39:00 [ericP]
the .htm is a vestige from more savage times
16:39:30 [ericP]
namely, we had clients that couldn't handle .html
16:47:22 [SteveH]
ericP, yeah, WFM too
16:49:52 [ericP]
oh hey, steve, you're here.
16:50:07 [ericP]
i misread the order of your departures and arrivals
16:50:24 [ericP]
does WWW/2004/Talks/17Dec-sparql/ work for you now?
16:50:49 [ericP]
i expect it will
16:51:06 [ericP]
it wasn't set for collab
16:51:24 [ericP]
from which i learned that we have a notion of collab access
16:51:29 [ericP]
(to cvs)
16:52:24 [SteveH]
yes, works now
16:53:02 [ericP]
another case cracked by flailing my arms about
16:54:02 [SteveH]
AndyS, I'm on the same flight out, and back - well the times are the same so I guess they are, different flight codes
17:34:57 [EnricoF]
EnricoF has joined #dawg
18:21:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg