COPRAS Open Meeting
ICT Standardization and Research - towards FP7
On Wednesday 17 January 2007,
COPRAS, together with its consortium partners CEN, CENELEC, ETSI, W3C & The Open Group, organized a major conference on ICT research and standardization, against the background of the launch of the European 7th Framework Programme.
The conference brought together all stakeholders involved in the research/standards interfacing process. Senior representatives from both the ICT research and standards communities, as well as from the European Commission addressed aspects such as:
- Passing research output through standards processes to bring projects' results to the market more quickly;
- Addressing the challenges ICT projects face when cooperating with standards organizations;
- Organizing interfacing between research and standardization in FP7, and the role of European Technology Platforms;
- Focus areas in ICT standardization where closer cooperation with research projects in FP7 will be required;
- Making contributing to standards processes more attractive to research projects in FP7;
- Recommendations from FP6 for the research/standards interfacing process in FP7: results from the COPRAS project.
Please read the Open Meeting Report or
the Executive Summaryfor the final outcome.
Rigo Wenning, Bart Brusse
Created: 26 July 2006; modified: $Date: 2007/02/12 13:54:05 $