Why Mobile Web Access is Hard
- While commuting to work, user sees a URL on a bill-board
- "Hey -- I've just bought a snazzy new phone with access to 'the Web,'
right? I'll give it a try!"
- Works for 15 minutes to figure out how to enter a URL into their
- Seems to load something, but logos and images are so huge that it's
impossible to make sense of the user interface on the small phone
- 'Wait -- I'll try my mobile phone provider's web site -- I'm sure
theirs will work!'
- Same result.
- Tries to log in to favorite web mail system.
- "Sorry, your browser doesn't support cookies!"
- Throws phone out train window.