IRC log of dawg on 2004-11-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:02:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:02:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dawg
14:11:02 [AndyS]
zakim, this is DAWG
14:11:02 [Zakim]
AndyS, I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be DAWG".
14:11:11 [AndyS]
zakim, this will be DAWG
14:11:11 [Zakim]
ok, AndyS; I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
14:11:45 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + Convene, take roll, review agenda
14:11:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:12:01 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + FTF 4
14:12:01 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:12:08 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + Test Cases
14:12:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:12:16 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + Protocol
14:12:16 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:12:25 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + SPARQL SOURCE Issue
14:12:25 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
14:12:32 [AndyS]
zakim, agenda + SPARQL update, issues
14:12:32 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
14:17:47 [AndyS]
zakim, what is on the agenda?
14:17:47 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
14:17:48 [Zakim]
1. Convene, take roll, review agenda [from AndyS]
14:17:49 [Zakim]
2. FTF 4 [from AndyS]
14:17:50 [Zakim]
3. Test Cases [from AndyS]
14:17:51 [Zakim]
4. Protocol [from AndyS]
14:17:52 [Zakim]
5. SPARQL SOURCE Issue [from AndyS]
14:17:53 [Zakim]
6. SPARQL update, issues [from AndyS]
14:18:50 [AndyS]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:18:57 [HiroyukiS]
HiroyukiS has joined #DAWG
14:19:02 [AndyS]
rrsagent, make logs world-access
14:19:09 [AndyS]
Hi there
14:21:57 [TomAdams]
TomAdams has joined #dawg
14:23:05 [AndyS]
Hi Tom - I see we have another public comment :-)
14:23:27 [TomAdams]
Yes, I saw that as well! From the man himself ;)
14:23:46 [JanneS]
JanneS has joined #dawg
14:23:48 [AndyS]
*another* one from ... etc etc
14:24:00 [AndyS]
A case of "it's Monday - another comment" ? !!
14:24:19 [AndyS]
Hi Janne - Eric got IRC sorted out for you then
14:24:24 [TomAdams]
You must have had a big weekend, you think it's monday still ;)
14:24:42 [AndyS]
It was sent Monday.
14:24:48 [howardk]
howardk has joined #dawg
14:25:00 [TomAdams]
I know... ;)
14:25:08 [AndyS]
You going to forward it? It's "not editorial" (again)
14:25:27 [howardk]
morning everybody (or whatever time it is wherever you are)
14:25:39 [AndyS]
Hi Howard
14:25:45 [howardk]
hi andy!
14:26:28 [SimonR]
SimonR has joined #dawg
14:26:40 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:26:46 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:26:55 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P3 is AndyS
14:26:55 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:26:56 [KevinW]
KevinW has joined #dawg
14:27:40 [Zakim]
+HowardK
14:28:00 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:28:11 [Zakim]
+Kevin
14:29:09 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:29:19 [JanneS]
Zakim, +??P7 is JanneS
14:29:19 [Zakim]
sorry, JanneS, I do not recognize a party named '+??P7'
14:29:27 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:29:29 [FarrukhNajmi]
FarrukhNajmi has joined #dawg
14:29:36 [JanneS]
Zakim, ??P7 is JanneS
14:29:36 [Zakim]
+JanneS; got it
14:30:07 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P8 is SimonR
14:30:07 [Zakim]
+SimonR; got it
14:30:55 [AndyS]
zakim, who is here
14:30:55 [Zakim]
AndyS, you need to end that query with '?'
14:30:59 [AndyS]
zakim, who is here?
14:30:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, HowardK, ??P5, Kevin, JanneS, SimonR
14:31:15 [JanneS]
AndyS, yes, the irc is ok as Eric tweaked a new port for new
14:31:25 [HiroyukiS]
maybe P5 is me?
14:31:27 [JanneS]
s/for new/for me/
14:31:29 [kendall]
kendall has joined #dawg
14:31:33 [Zakim]
+Farrukh
14:31:42 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:32:15 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P5 is HiroyukiS
14:32:15 [Zakim]
+HiroyukiS; got it
14:32:26 [HiroyukiS]
thanks, andy
14:32:39 [JanneS]
1. Convene, take roll, review agenda
14:32:42 [AndyS]
zakim, who is here?
14:32:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, HowardK, HiroyukiS, Kevin, JanneS, SimonR, Farrukh, Kendall_Clark
14:32:57 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
14:32:57 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review agenda" taken up [from AndyS]
14:33:19 [Zakim]
+[Tucana]
14:33:27 [TomAdams]
zakim, Tucana is TomAdams
14:33:27 [Zakim]
+TomAdams; got it
14:33:46 [AndyS]
PROPOSE: to accept as a true record:
14:33:46 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0351.html
14:33:51 [JanneS_scribe]
about to accept minutes from last week
14:34:04 [AndyS]
Seconded SimonR
14:34:09 [AndyS]
ACCEPTED
14:34:25 [AndyS]
ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions' (pending protocol doc)
14:34:26 [AndyS]
ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'
14:34:26 [AndyS]
ACTION EricP: find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March
14:34:26 [AndyS]
28 Feb - 4 Mar (2 days). Some WG preference to Mon/Tue of that week.
14:34:26 [AndyS]
ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue
14:34:26 [AndyS]
ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'
14:34:35 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
14:34:49 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
14:34:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "FTF 4" taken up [from AndyS]
14:35:48 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
14:35:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, AndyS
14:35:52 [JanneS_scribe]
is everybody equipped with ethernet/rj45 if wlan cannot be provided? Will send a query to the list
14:36:00 [AndyS]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:36:00 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Test Cases" taken up [from AndyS]
14:37:04 [SimonR]
The following file http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/simple/dawg-data-01.n3 uses foaf:knowns instead of foaf:knows, which is almost certainly what was intended.
14:37:08 [JanneS_scribe]
DanC submitted test cases for approval in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0370.html
14:38:54 [JanneS_scribe]
SimonR has visually checked a couple of the tests
14:39:11 [JosD]
JosD has joined #dawg
14:39:21 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:39:52 [patH]
Hi guys. Two apologies: 1. I havnt done my task. Im DOING it but I wont be finished until tomorrow.
14:39:57 [Zakim]
+JosD
14:40:10 [patH]
2. I can't dial in as Im in a DAML PI meeting. I can stay on IRC though.
14:40:11 [JanneS_scribe]
about to accept first four test cases with the remark made earlier about foaf:knows
14:40:16 [patH]
Mia maxima culpa.
14:40:49 [AndyS]
PROPOSE to accept test cases simple (1-4) with the correction of knowns=>knows
14:41:00 [AndyS]
SECONDED JosD
14:41:14 [AndyS]
No objections
14:41:43 [AndyS]
Abstained: Kendall (not read them)
14:41:53 [JanneS_scribe]
accepted
14:41:55 [AndyS]
ACCEPTED
14:43:07 [JanneS_scribe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0370.html
14:44:37 [JanneS_scribe]
AndyS would like to see a formal vote on the examples of SPARQL spec - don't have critical mass this week
14:45:48 [JanneS_scribe]
starting discussion about the result set format used by the test cases
14:47:34 [patH]
Hey, Mark Greaves has decided to pull the plug on our network, so I will have to bow outeven of IRC. SOrry, and bye.
14:47:51 [AndyS]
Thanks for trying pat
14:50:06 [JanneS_scribe]
SimonR referring to last week's discussion about the fact that variables can be in any order as they can be retrieved from the result set via naming instead of fixed ordering
14:50:26 [AndyS]
Turtle does have () collections - http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/2004/01/turtle/
14:52:37 [AndyS]
. ACTION Jos: Write email about alternative result format using collections - avoid use/mention issues
14:52:56 [AndyS]
ACTION Jos: Write email about alternative result format using collections - avoid use/mention issues
14:53:18 [AndyS]
zakim, mute kendall
14:53:19 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
14:54:04 [AndyS]
ACTION EricP: to resolve relative URIs in RDF/XML (for test manifests)
14:54:04 [AndyS]
DONE
14:54:04 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0375.html
14:54:21 [AndyS]
ACTION: SteveH is willing to adapt his testing infrastructure to
14:54:21 [AndyS]
generate input/output RDF/XML and typed nodes into manifest file
14:54:24 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
14:54:33 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
14:54:33 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
14:55:57 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
14:55:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Protocol" taken up [from AndyS]
14:56:10 [AndyS]
ACTION KendallC: expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients
14:56:10 [AndyS]
ETA before F2F4
14:56:14 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
14:56:17 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
14:56:17 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
14:56:33 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
14:56:33 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
14:56:36 [kendall]
sorry
14:56:59 [AndyS]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:56:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "SPARQL SOURCE Issue" taken up [from AndyS]
14:57:13 [JanneS_scribe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Nov/0020.html
14:57:35 [AndyS]
Comments on list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0360.html
15:02:19 [AndyS]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0373.html
15:04:29 [JanneS_scribe]
discussion about untrusted vs. trusted graphs (unnamed vs. named graphs)
15:05:51 [JanneS_scribe]
AndyS asks TomA to write the list about use of named graphs in their products
15:06:10 [TomAdams]
ACTION: Tom to send mail to list about how customers are using named graphs
15:08:03 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
15:08:03 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:08:18 [AndyS]
ACTION DaveB: update the dawg test repository to record or amend
15:08:18 [AndyS]
tests to correspond to the
15:08:18 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0241.html
15:08:18 [AndyS]
proposal
15:08:21 [JanneS_scribe]
ACTION JanneS: reword the action item to 'propose text for hard failure in the protocol draft'
15:08:21 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
15:08:25 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
15:08:25 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:09:35 [JanneS_scribe]
the proposal in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0373.html will be reworked pending input from TomA et al.
15:12:19 [JanneS_scribe]
discussion about reification in the context of 'source'
15:14:26 [JanneS_scribe]
JosD 'invents' uris to describe facts and rules in the context of proofs
15:14:47 [kendall]
+q to ask jos about 3rd party URIs
15:19:45 [JanneS_scribe]
JosD described how he aggregates graphs from multiple sources and how e.g. inconsistencies can be back-tracked to the sources of the individual triples
15:19:48 [AndyS]
Back to agenda item on protocol
15:20:37 [JanneS_scribe]
Kendall proceeding with the simplex version, will make an update this week
15:22:03 [AndyS]
zkime, next agendum
15:23:14 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
15:23:14 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "SPARQL update, issues" taken up [from AndyS]
15:23:21 [JanneS_scribe]
KendallC: fixed parameter names q and g will be renamed for easier readability
15:23:24 [kendall]
zakim, mute me
15:23:24 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:23:30 [kendall]
zakim, unmute me
15:23:30 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:23:33 [AndyS]
ACTION DanC: suggest formal definitions for SOURCE
15:23:36 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
15:23:54 [AndyS]
Yoshio: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0380.html
15:24:00 [AndyS]
ACTION: KevinW to review editors working draft of rq23
15:24:00 [AndyS]
DONE
15:24:00 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0384.html
15:24:28 [AndyS]
ACTION: PatH to review editors working draft of rq23
15:24:33 [AndyS]
CONTINUED
15:25:49 [AndyS]
zakim, next agendum
15:25:49 [Zakim]
I do not see any non-closed agenda items, AndyS
15:26:54 [AndyS]
AOB: public comment: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Nov/0021.html
15:26:56 [JanneS_scribe]
JosD: how to go forward with http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Nov/0021.html
15:28:19 [TomAdams]
Forwarded: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0387.html
15:28:26 [AndyS]
Thanks Tom
15:32:29 [AndyS]
PROPOSE to end meeting
15:32:32 [JanneS_scribe]
about to call it a day
15:32:44 [AndyS]
END OF MEETING
15:32:47 [JanneS_scribe]
adjourned
15:32:53 [Zakim]
-Farrukh
15:32:55 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:32:56 [Zakim]
-JosD
15:32:57 [Zakim]
-HowardK
15:33:08 [Zakim]
-Kevin
15:33:10 [Zakim]
-HiroyukiS
15:41:40 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:44:59 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:45:02 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:45:05 [Zakim]
-TomAdams
15:45:06 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
15:45:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, HowardK, Kevin, JanneS, SimonR, Farrukh, Kendall_Clark, HiroyukiS, [Tucana], TomAdams, JosD
15:45:23 [AndyS]
rrsagent, list actions
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 15 open action items:
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to owner of issue 'yes or no questions' (pending protocol doc) [1]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-25
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to owns issue 'DESCRIBE' [2]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March [3]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-1
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue [4]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-3
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to owns issue 'nested optionals' [5]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-4
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jos to Write email about alternative result format using collections - avoid use/mention issues [6]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-52-56
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to to resolve relative URIs in RDF/XML (for test manifests) [7]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-54-04
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH is willing to adapt his testing infrastructure to [8]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-54-21
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients [9]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-56-10
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom to send mail to list about how customers are using named graphs [10]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-06-10
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB to update the dawg test repository to record or amend [11]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-08-18
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JanneS to reword the action item to 'propose text for hard failure in the protocol draft' [12]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-08-21
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to suggest formal definitions for SOURCE [13]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-23-33
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KevinW to review editors working draft of rq23 [14]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-24-00
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to review editors working draft of rq23 [15]
15:45:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-24-28
15:45:31 [TomAdams]
rssagent, make logs world readable
15:46:42 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please leave us
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
I see 15 open action items:
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to owner of issue 'yes or no questions' (pending protocol doc) [1]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-25
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to owns issue 'DESCRIBE' [2]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March [3]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-1
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue [4]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-3
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to owns issue 'nested optionals' [5]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-34-26-4
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jos to Write email about alternative result format using collections - avoid use/mention issues [6]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-52-56
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to to resolve relative URIs in RDF/XML (for test manifests) [7]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-54-04
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH is willing to adapt his testing infrastructure to [8]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-54-21
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients [9]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T14-56-10
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom to send mail to list about how customers are using named graphs [10]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-06-10
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB to update the dawg test repository to record or amend [11]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-08-18
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JanneS to reword the action item to 'propose text for hard failure in the protocol draft' [12]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-08-21
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to suggest formal definitions for SOURCE [13]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-23-33
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KevinW to review editors working draft of rq23 [14]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-24-00
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to review editors working draft of rq23 [15]
15:46:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/11/30-dawg-irc#T15-24-28
15:47:01 [AndyS]
zakim, please leave us
15:47:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'please leave us', AndyS