Nor any other part belonging to a gene
A perspective on data content and format for life sciences data
Hugh Salamon, PhD
Content standards suggestions (1)
- Always include fields for the primary biological reagent
- What type is it (DNA, antibody, small molecule)?
- Where is it (bound to a surface, bound a bead, bound to histological sample, in solution)?
- Is it physcally labeled for detection? If so, how so (dye, radioactive isotype)?
- What is its specificity of interactions (DNA sequence, antigens, known IC50 values)?