IRC log of wai-wcag on 2004-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:53:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
13:54:59 [bcaldwell]
bcaldwell has joined #wai-wcag
13:56:30 [wendy] - good article. related to design for low vision.
13:59:57 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #wai-wcag
14:01:57 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
14:02:00 [ken]
ken has joined #wai-wcag
14:02:07 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:02:07 [Zakim]
sorry, wendy, I don't know what conference this is
14:02:11 [wendy]
zakim, this is wcag
14:02:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ken, David_MacDonald, ChrisR, bcaldwell, RRSAgent, Zakim, wendy, sh1mmer
14:02:18 [Zakim]
ok, wendy; that matches WAI_WCAG(techniques)10:00AM
14:02:18 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:02:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy
14:02:34 [Zakim]
14:02:38 [Zakim]
14:02:40 [Zakim]
14:02:45 [ken]
ken = ken kipnes
14:02:59 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:02:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, ??P8
14:03:00 [David_MacDonald]
I'm getting a phone message that says "The conference is restricted at this time
14:03:05 [Zakim]
14:03:09 [wendy]
zakim, ??P8 is Ben
14:03:09 [Zakim]
+Ben; got it
14:03:24 [Zakim]
14:03:25 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
14:03:35 [Zakim]
14:04:16 [wendy]
zakim, ??P9 is Chris_Ridpath
14:04:16 [Zakim]
+Chris_Ridpath; got it
14:05:19 [Zakim]
14:05:42 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, ??P14 is David MacDonald
14:05:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P14 is David MacDonald', David_MacDonald
14:05:45 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:05:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, Ben, Becky_Gibson, Chris_Ridpath, Ken_Kipnes, ??P14
14:06:14 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, ??P14 is David_MacDonald
14:06:14 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
14:06:15 [Zakim]
14:07:15 [Zakim]
14:07:29 [wendy]
zakim, +[Microsoft] is Jenae
14:07:29 [Zakim]
sorry, wendy, I do not recognize a party named '+[Microsoft]'
14:08:26 [ben]
action items listed in Bugzilla:
14:08:48 [wendy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:08:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, Ben, Becky_Gibson, Chris_Ridpath, Ken_Kipnes, David_MacDonald, John_Slatin, [Microsoft]
14:09:08 [wendy]
wac: f2f minutes, authored unit summary, working w/john on 2.4
14:09:26 [wendy]
bc: issues summary, working w/matt on uaag about baseline, going through general issues w/wac
14:11:16 [wendy]
bg: color name support follow-up (jaws will read hex from x11 or color name, if doesn't recognize reads number.tested 40/256. window eyes will also read color, reads rgb value. jaws doesn't udnerstand rgb) - will write it up and send to the list. and propose technique. think blink is done. ibm proposed an idea to gather techniques.
14:12:11 [wendy]
cr: working w/mc to ensure a test for each technique and tech for each SC. still many techs that don't have tests. talking w/jenae aobut getting tests approved by group. lots of tests to move through. waiting to move tests to w3c site.
14:12:52 [wendy]
kk: writing tests for oracle checker. correspond to some of the techniques.
14:13:42 [wendy]
action: ken and chris talk about tests.
14:14:09 [wendy]
dmd i'm to test xx-small and xx-large if supported by popular screen readers.
14:14:16 [wendy]
js jaws and windows eyes support.
14:14:26 [wendy]
js test hal
14:14:30 [wendy]
dmd i'll also test hpr
14:14:45 [wendy]
dmd also working on list of 1.4 bugs.
14:15:00 [wendy]
dmd looking at mappings and looking for gaps
14:15:19 [wendy]
dmd audio contrast technique
14:16:23 [wendy]
js gen techs for 2.4, proposal for guideline/success criteria for 2.4, finish gen techs (for 2.4), then updating issue summary for 3.1 and then gen techs for 3.1, probably lead to rewording
14:17:04 [wendy]
wac and js also working on 1.2
14:17:18 [wendy]
ja working with cr, waiting for test cases on w3c site, then go through process
14:17:29 [wendy]
js also looking at issues related to intro, but don't plan to touch for a while
14:20:44 [wendy]
going through notes from f2f to fill in gaps
14:25:58 [wendy]
in discussion about general techs, major elephant: are they techniques or descriptions? keep them in separate document or include in informative section of guidelines? guidelines are general, if next layer is also general, will that frustrate people?
14:26:41 [wendy]
js would be possible to write the explanatory material for now in general, if people felt later that some is better in informative, could move and tweak to fit new context.
14:27:22 [wendy]
bc perhaps another location - a reference document about our process and why things are the way they are.
14:27:39 [wendy]
js treating general techs as a place for gen techs as well as a "guide to the guidelines"
14:29:20 [wendy]
js part of concern comes from 1.1 gen techs. 1.3 are different, they are more similar to techs. 2.4 even more similar. as i do more work, getting closer to techniques presentation. plan to go back to 1.1
14:36:46 [wendy]
working bottom-up
14:37:08 [wendy]
the straw polls: tie up loose ends from that process, looking at the one where there was no consensus
14:38:46 [wendy]
encourage people to attend tomorrow's call to better understand discussion about baseline and uaag. waiting for analysis from ben and matt.
14:38:55 [wendy]
right now, HPR is closest to meeting UAG
14:38:59 [wendy]
14:39:06 [wendy]
js good to look at UAAG 1.0 before tomorrow's call
14:40:06 [ben]
14:40:54 [wendy]
bc there is a fair amount of overlap between our work and alistair's work and euroaccessibility on wcag 1.0.
14:41:18 [wendy]
js also, good to have JIS representatives (Takayuki and Makoto) to discuss gaps and overlap between our work and theirs.
14:43:02 [wendy]
wac discussing techniques (from the straw poll that are contentious) assuming UAAG as basline can help us analyze if that is a workable solution.
14:44:53 [ben]
techniques submission archives:
14:45:01 [wendy]
action: cr get caught up on bug submissions
14:45:09 [wendy]
action: becky add submissions to bugzilla
14:45:36 [wendy]
action 2 = cr get caught up on techs submissions, except those by becky
14:46:26 [wendy]
tests: moving to w3c site, incorporating tests from ken and alistair, straw polling for concensus on tests
14:47:14 [Zakim]
14:47:15 [Zakim]
14:47:16 [Zakim]
14:47:16 [Zakim]
14:47:17 [Zakim]
14:47:18 [Zakim]
14:47:19 [Zakim]
14:47:44 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #wai-wcag
14:53:18 [Zakim]
14:53:19 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG(techniques)10:00AM has ended
14:53:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wendy, Becky_Gibson, Ben, Ken_Kipnes, Chris_Ridpath, David_MacDonald, John_Slatin, [Microsoft]
15:17:48 [ben]
zakim, bye
15:17:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
15:17:53 [ben]
rrsagent, bye
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items:
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ken and chris talk about tests. [1]
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cr get caught up on techs submissions, except those by becky [2]
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: becky add submissions to bugzilla [3]
15:17:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in