IRC log of dawg on 2004-10-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:28:32 [kendall]
so that action can be dropped, IMIO
14:28:35 [kendall]
er, immo
14:28:38 [kendall]
errr! imo :>
14:29:01 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:29:12 [Zakim]
+??P11
14:29:18 [SimonR]
That'd be me.
14:29:23 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:29:25 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P12 is AndyS
14:29:25 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:29:46 [JanneS]
JanneS has joined #dawg
14:29:52 [ericP]
zakim, please dial ericP-415
14:29:52 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
14:29:53 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:29:54 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:30:07 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:30:09 [SteveH]
Zakim, ??P13 is SteveH
14:30:09 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:30:11 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:30:38 [ericP]
quiet here
14:31:54 [SteveH]
+1 to ajourning
14:32:48 [AndyS]
After call topic: what happnes to does rq23/
14:33:00 [AndyS]
After call topic: what happens to rq23/ next
14:34:26 [Zakim]
+Kevin
14:34:45 [DanC]
Zakim, take up agendum 1
14:34:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review record and agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0096.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:34:58 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:34:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PatH, DanC, SimonR, AndyS, EricP, SteveH, Kendall_Clark, JanneS, Kevin
14:34:59 [AndyS]
"4 people" => Steve, Dave, Howard, Simon
14:35:30 [DanC]
regrets: Dave Beckett, Jos De Roo, Howard, Farrukh
14:35:42 [KevinW]
KevinW has joined #dawg
14:36:24 [kendall]
SimonR scribe for 10-19 meeting
14:36:53 [AndyS]
Possible regrets for Oct 19 - or maybe partial attenance
14:37:02 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:37:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Publication of SPARQL" taken up [from DanC]
14:37:06 [kendall]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0053.html -- APPROVED as minutes for last week's meeting (5 Oct)
14:37:21 [AndyS]
Definite regrets for 26 Oct : on a plane
14:37:30 [kendall]
Critical path for SPARQ QL for RDF -- EricP
14:37:50 [kendall]
Draft has moved into W3C machinery, from which we hope some good information will escape soon.
14:38:20 [kendall]
PatH -- technical problems in definitions, which have been addressed, but he hasn't re-engaged since then
14:39:07 [kendall]
AndyS would appreciate review of doc up to 4.3 -- post-pub review, that is.
14:39:16 [kendall]
PatH -- can't do till Thursday
14:39:39 [kendall]
ACTION PatH review SPARQL def'ns post-publication
14:39:55 [kendall]
ACTION: PatH review SPARQL def'ns post-publication
14:39:58 [kendall]
thx
14:40:29 [kendall]
+1
14:40:43 [kendall]
AndyS: issues should be raised distinctly from editorial points
14:40:58 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:40:58 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Publish UC&R" taken up [from DanC]
14:41:19 [kendall]
EricP has req'd pub from W3C team
14:41:28 [kendall]
re: UC&R
14:42:03 [kendall]
status for UC&R is that we think we are finished
14:42:17 [kendall]
no pending objectives or requirements, and editor would like to stop adding use cases
14:42:28 [kendall]
SimonR: may have a use case for counting
14:42:53 [DanC]
(counting... please no!)
14:42:56 [kendall]
PatH: DAML ql potential users wanted counting
14:43:04 [ericP]
q+ to ask about future changes to UC&R
14:43:24 [DanC]
ack ericp
14:43:24 [Zakim]
ericP, you wanted to ask about future changes to UC&R
14:43:47 [kendall]
EricP: reflected that there was some stability in the UC&R
14:44:58 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:44:58 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "SPARQL Protocol" taken up [from DanC]
14:45:02 [kendall]
me: blah blah :>
14:45:53 [ericP]
cheers, all. i have to leave.
14:46:08 [AndyS]
CU eric
14:46:22 [Zakim]
-EricP
14:46:25 [AndyS]
Thx for publication work.
14:47:05 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:47:05 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Web Services Constraints and Capabilities" taken up [from DanC]
14:47:19 [kendall]
KendallC: protocol draft under furious work, should have something to show soonish -- for next week's meeting, ideally.
14:47:47 [kendall]
EricP: attending the WS C&C workshop today; we anticipate a report from him next week.
14:48:02 [DanC]
ACTION EricP: draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service constraints with respect to WS-Policy
14:48:04 [DanC]
continues
14:48:12 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:48:12 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Issues" taken up [from DanC]
14:48:32 [AndyS]
AOB: Do we need to reply to any dawg-comments (Phil Dawes, others?)
14:48:51 [kendall]
DanC: reformatted issues list from table to list
14:48:58 [DanC]
agenda + comment from Dawes
14:49:06 [kendall]
KendallC: let's chat about issues list after this meeting
14:49:19 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:49:19 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "SOURCE" taken up [from DanC]
14:49:22 [kendall]
[continue these actions...]
14:49:47 [kendall]
ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'
14:49:47 [kendall]
ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'
14:49:47 [kendall]
ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions'
14:49:47 [kendall]
ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue
14:49:48 [kendall]
ACTION DanC: talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance
14:49:55 [kendall]
-- all continue
14:50:17 [kendall]
SteveH: happy w/ amount of work re: SOURCE tests he's done so far; could do more later, if necessary
14:50:51 [kendall]
ACTION: SteveH to turn his SOURCE tests into SPARQL ones
14:51:28 [kendall]
ACTION SteveH: test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design.
14:51:31 [kendall]
completed
14:51:44 [kendall]
ACTION AlbertoR: real test cases re: current SOURCE design. -- COMPLETED
14:51:57 [kendall]
ACTION DaveB: Update the source section 9, add
14:51:57 [kendall]
more formal links, update the examples, try to think about extra
14:51:57 [kendall]
constraints as EricP proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s only in in
14:52:00 [kendall]
SELECT). Look at various people's source test cases.
14:52:03 [kendall]
-- continues
14:52:11 [kendall]
ACTION: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for
14:52:14 [kendall]
subqueries vs. disjunction -- continues
14:52:58 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:52:58 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Comments from SWBP&D WG" taken up [from DanC]
14:54:05 [kendall]
We are doing something HTTP-based.
14:54:34 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:54:34 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "comment from Dawes" taken up [from DanC]
14:55:19 [kendall]
DanC: we have some obligation to pay some attention to comments that come in from others.
14:56:35 [kendall]
ACTION: AndyS formally respond to phil dawes's comment, closing that loop for now
14:56:46 [DanC]
JC http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Sep/0007.html
14:58:28 [kendall]
We informally note that this input is interesting and it will be considered in due course
15:00:30 [DanC]
Zakim, agenda?
15:00:30 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:00:32 [Zakim]
9. comment from Dawes [from DanC]
15:03:01 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
15:03:04 [kendall]
-30-
15:03:09 [Zakim]
-PatH
15:03:10 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:03:12 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:03:18 [Zakim]
-Kevin
15:03:20 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:03:25 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:03:26 [KevinW]
KevinW has left #dawg
15:03:28 [DanC]
RRSAgent, pointer?
15:03:28 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T15-03-28
15:04:27 [DanC]
RRSAgent, bye
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 13 open action items:
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH review SPARQL def'ns post-publication [1]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-39-55
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service constraints with respect to WS-Policy [2]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-48-02
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to owns issue 'nested optionals' [3]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-49-47
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to owns issue 'DESCRIBE' [4]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-49-47-1
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to owner of issue 'yes or no questions' [5]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-49-47-2
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue [6]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-49-47-3
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance [7]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-49-48
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to turn his SOURCE tests into SPARQL ones [8]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-50-51
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design. [9]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-51-28
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to real test cases re: current SOURCE design. -- COMPLETED [10]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-51-44
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB to Update the source section 9, add [11]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-51-57
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for [12]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-52-11
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AndyS formally respond to phil dawes's comment, closing that loop for now [13]
15:04:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/12-dawg-irc#T14-56-35