IRC log of dawg on 2004-10-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:57:13 [ericP]
Action DaveB, HowarkD, SteveH: work with editors and decide whether to publish
14:58:27 [ericP]
ACTION: DaveB, HowarkD, SteveH: work with editors and decide whether to publish
14:58:31 [ericP]
yes!!!
14:59:09 [DaveB]
-1 to another vote
15:00:20 [JanneS]
EricP: wishes to expedite the process by hanging on this irc channel once we adjourn (among editors and the bunch of 3)
15:00:28 [ericP]
agenda + Publish UC&R
15:00:34 [JanneS]
3. Publish UC&R
15:00:39 [kendall]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases
15:00:45 [kendall]
Live Draft ( $Revision: 1.139 $ of $Date: 2004/10/05 14:42:05 $)
15:00:45 [ericP]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:00:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Publish UC&R" taken up [from ericP]
15:01:01 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: add DI use case.
15:01:20 [ericP]
DONE
15:01:53 [TomAdams]
q+
15:01:56 [JanneS]
KendallC's action addressed in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases#u2.16
15:03:11 [JanneS]
KendallC has taken into account the Pat's comments in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0033.html
15:05:03 [JanneS]
KendallC hopes to give a final tour-de-UC&R before giving thumbs up
15:05:19 [ericP]
ack TomAdams
15:05:51 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: provided updated UC&R as candidate for publication. [due in the next 2 to 3 weeks, in time to get the WG to decide on 5 Oct]
15:06:09 [ericP]
done
15:06:11 [ericP]
DOEN
15:06:14 [ericP]
DONE
15:06:25 [ericP]
ACTION PatH: Review UC&R draft appearing around Oct1, for Oct5 telcon
15:06:36 [ericP]
DONE
15:08:25 [JanneS]
EricP: proposal to a) approve as such or b) approve subject to KendallC's editorial final touch
15:08:45 [ericP]
PROPOSAL: publish UC&R subject to Kendall's changes
15:08:58 [JanneS]
going to vote on this proposal
15:09:08 [TomAdams]
kendall, Thanks, read the UC and it looks OK.
15:09:09 [JanneS]
nobody against publishing
15:09:19 [JanneS]
KendallC abstaining
15:09:39 [ericP]
PROPOSAL CARRIES
15:09:48 [JanneS]
rest of the participants ok to publish UC&R subject to Kendall's changes
15:09:49 [kendall]
Tom: coolio
15:09:56 [ericP]
agenda + SPARQL Protocol
15:10:05 [ericP]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:10:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "SPARQL Protocol" taken up [from ericP]
15:10:07 [JanneS]
4. SPARQL Protocol
15:10:41 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients
15:10:54 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:11:09 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: talk to creative commons people about an RDF query interface to their search service.
15:11:21 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:11:40 [ericP]
ACTION KendallC: write a protocol document draft
15:11:54 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:11:56 [ericP]
(actively)
15:13:34 [TomAdams]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Oct/0006.html
15:13:38 [TomAdams]
Will also post to list
15:14:45 [ericP]
agenda + Misc Action Items
15:15:09 [ericP]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:15:09 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Misc Action Items" taken up [from ericP]
15:15:11 [JanneS]
5. Misc
15:15:20 [ericP]
agenda + SOURCE discussion
15:15:48 [TomAdams]
Two things are mentioned early. 1) A query language 2) a data access protocol. The DAP seems to be necessary for clients to talk to servers. Generally, I would keep the two unbound so that they can change independently as needed. There is not much discussion of the DAP, specifically whether it is a transport/wire protocol (like HTTP, IIOP, etc.) or some higher level protocol. This distinction is key. I would strongly recommened not to create a new wire-protocol l
15:15:54 [ericP]
ACTION EricP: draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service constraints with respect to WS-Policy
15:16:00 [ericP]
CONTINUE
15:16:41 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: send mail about the signage project
15:17:29 [JanneS]
SteveH: not sure if relevant
15:17:56 [ericP]
DROPPED
15:18:05 [ericP]
ACTION EricP: find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March 28 Feb - 4 Mar (2 days). Some WG preference to Mon/Tue of that week.
15:18:32 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:18:54 [JanneS]
Zakim, mute JanneS
15:18:54 [Zakim]
JanneS should now be muted
15:18:57 [JanneS]
was that me?
15:19:03 [ericP]
ACTION DanC: talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance
15:19:29 [JanneS]
(bluetooth technology is so very wonderful - noise production if nothing else)
15:19:53 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:20:06 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'
15:20:18 [ericP]
ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'
15:20:22 [AlbertoR]
CONTINUED
15:20:32 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:20:33 [ericP]
ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions'
15:20:38 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:20:47 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue
15:21:43 [JanneS]
SteveH's resolution (proposal to drop) in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0604.html
15:22:18 [kendall]
SteveH: fwiw, i don't want to claim that it isn't hard to specify. :>
15:22:23 [DaveB]
does kowari have any of netsted optionals, desribe, yes or no or disjuntion?
15:22:33 [kendall]
i spent lunch yesterday thinking about interaction of OR and UNSAID...
15:23:49 [ericP]
CONTINUED (SteveH)
15:25:05 [DaveB]
I found SimonR's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0024.html
15:25:16 [JanneS]
SimonR can provide a link to relevant discussion on nested optionals
15:25:46 [ericP]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:25:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "SOURCE discussion" taken up [from ericP]
15:25:50 [TomAdams]
Kowari has nested optionals (I think), as our subqueries.
15:26:03 [JanneS]
6. SOURCE
15:26:40 [JanneS]
DaveB: no consensus yet
15:26:54 [TomAdams]
Action: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for subqueries vs. disjunction
15:27:12 [ericP]
ACTION SteveH: test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design.
15:27:13 [JanneS]
DaveB: actions still pending on producing test cases that should help reach consensus
15:27:28 [TomAdams]
ACTION Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for subqueries vs. disjunction
15:27:44 [AlbertoR]
some SOURCE cases http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/source-tests/
15:27:46 [ericP]
CONTINUED (some done, waiting further discussion before adding more)
15:28:20 [ericP]
ACTION AlbertoR: real test cases re: current SOURCE design.
15:28:32 [ericP]
CONTINUE
15:28:34 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:28:39 [TomAdams]
Eric, can you please add my action, I cannot seem to.
15:29:14 [ericP]
ACTION AlbertoR: (with SteveH) edit the examples into test cases
15:29:18 [ericP]
(either positive or negative tests)
15:29:34 [ericP]
ACTION: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for subqueries vs. disjunction
15:30:32 [ericP]
CONTINUED (AlbertoR)
15:30:54 [ericP]
ACTION DaveB: Update the source section 9, add more formal links, update the examples, try to think about extra constraints as EricP proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s only in in SELECT). Look at various people's source test cases.
15:31:21 [ericP]
CONTINUED
15:34:41 [ericP]
agenda + XML query results formats
15:35:00 [JanneS]
meeting adjourned
15:35:03 [ericP]
ADJOURNED
15:35:06 [Zakim]
-PatH
15:35:10 [JanneS]
editors and reviewers to continue informally
15:35:10 [Zakim]
-Farrukh
15:35:15 [FarrukhNajmi]
FarrukhNajmi has left #dawg
15:35:20 [Zakim]
-AlbertoR
15:35:24 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:35:33 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:35:56 [DanC_]
DanC_ has changed the topic to: DAWG 5 Oct; did we decide to publish anything?
15:36:08 [Zakim]
-Tom_Adams
15:36:22 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:38:04 [AlbertoR]
AlbertoR has left #dawg
15:39:56 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:43:37 [DaveB]
at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#OptionalMatching
15:48:10 [ericP]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/defns.html
15:55:57 [ericP]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/triple1.png -> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/triple1.svg
15:57:54 [DaveB]
_:a bnode ; :a uri
15:59:09 [Zakim]
-DaveB
15:59:10 [Zakim]
-HowardK
15:59:11 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:59:13 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:59:14 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
15:59:15 [Zakim]
Attendees were HowardK, EricP, SteveH, Kendall_Clark, AndyS, SimonR, JanneS, Farrukh, Tom_Adams, AlbertoR, DaveB, PatH
16:14:59 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
16:38:38 [DanC_]
DanC_ has joined #dawg
17:22:59 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please leave us
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
I see 20 open action items:
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB, HowarkD, SteveH: work with editors and decide whether to publish [1]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T14-58-27
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to add DI use case. [2]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-01-01
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to provided updated UC&R as candidate for publication. [due in the next 2 to 3 weeks, in time to get the WG to decide on 5 Oct] [3]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-05-51
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to Review UC&R draft appearing around Oct1, for Oct5 telcon [4]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-06-25
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients [5]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-10-41
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to talk to creative commons people about an RDF query interface to their search service. [6]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-11-09
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to write a protocol document draft [7]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-11-40
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service constraints with respect to WS-Policy [8]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-15-54
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to send mail about the signage project [9]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-16-41
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EricP to find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March 28 Feb - 4 Mar (2 days). Some WG preference to Mon/Tue of that week. [10]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-18-05
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance [11]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-19-03
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to owns issue 'nested optionals' [12]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-20-06
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to owns issue 'DESCRIBE' [13]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-20-18
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to owner of issue 'yes or no questions' [14]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-20-33
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue [15]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-20-47
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveH to test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design. [16]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-27-12
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to real test cases re: current SOURCE design. [17]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-28-20
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AlbertoR to (with SteveH) edit the examples into test cases [18]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-29-14
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for subqueries vs. disjunction [19]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-29-34
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DaveB to Update the source section 9, add more formal links, update the examples, try to think about extra constraints as EricP proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s only in in SELECT). Look at various people's source test cases. [20]
17:22:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/05-dawg-irc#T15-30-54