IRC log of dawg on 2004-08-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:24:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:24:55 [DanC]
regrets: AndyS, YoshioF, Kendall Clark, Jos De Roo, Eric Prud'hommeaux
14:24:56 [DaveB]
donm is 24 aug, not 23 as in agenda?
14:25:20 [DanC]
phpht. should be 24 aug, yes
14:25:44 [KevinW]
KevinW has joined #dawg
14:26:36 [DanC]
regrets: AndyS, YoshioF, Kendall Clark, Jos De Roo, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Alberto Reggiori, Tom Adams, Hiroyuki Sato, Howard Katz, Thompson, Bryan B.
14:27:26 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #dawg
14:28:54 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be DAWG
14:28:54 [Zakim]
ok, DanC, I see SW_DAWG()10:30AM already started
14:29:08 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:29:39 [Zakim]
+Kevin
14:29:39 [DanC]
Zakim, mute aaaa temporarily
14:29:40 [Zakim]
+1.781.497.aaaa should now be muted
14:29:54 [Zakim]
+1.781.497.aaaa should now be unmuted again
14:29:58 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P20 is SimonR
14:29:58 [Zakim]
+SimonR; got it
14:29:59 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
14:30:17 [ericP]
zakim, please dial ericP-941
14:30:17 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
14:30:18 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:30:21 [DanC]
Zakim, aaa is Faruk
14:30:21 [Zakim]
sorry, DanC, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
14:30:24 [Zakim]
+NickG
14:30:32 [SteveH]
Zakim, NickG is SteveH
14:30:32 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:30:43 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:30:44 [Zakim]
-??P24
14:30:48 [DanC]
Zakim, aaaa is FarrukhN
14:30:48 [Zakim]
+FarrukhN; got it
14:30:52 [Zakim]
+??P25
14:30:54 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see SimonR, FarrukhN, DanC, Kevin, EricP, SteveH, ??P25
14:31:12 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:31:34 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:31:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see SimonR, FarrukhN, DanC, Kevin, EricP, SteveH, DaveB, JanneS
14:32:14 [DanC]
Zakim, take up agendum 1
14:32:14 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review record, agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0277.html" taken up [from DanC]
14:32:19 [DanC]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:32:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see SimonR, FarrukhN, DanC, Kevin, EricP, SteveH, DaveB, JanneS
14:32:33 [DanC]
regrets: AndyS, YoshioF, Kendall Clark, Jos De Roo, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Alberto Reggiori, Tom Adams, Hiroyuki Sato, Howard Katz, Bryan Thompson
14:34:39 [DanC]
Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-07-27 for review http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0224.html
14:35:01 [SteveH]
resolved to accept minuites of 07-27
14:35:39 [SteveH]
resolved to accept minuites of 2004-07-27
14:35:54 [SteveH]
EricP to script on 2004-08-24
14:36:15 [DanC]
agenda + public comments
14:36:42 [SteveH]
continue 6 actions
14:37:25 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking
14:37:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's talking', DanC
14:37:28 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking?
14:37:39 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: SteveH (34%), DanC (48%)
14:37:49 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:38:09 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:38:09 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "SOURCE, "provenance"/data-management"" taken up [from DanC]
14:38:38 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: explain evolution of log:semantics/log:includes from uri-is-graph to uri-is-doc in cwm, to inform discussion of SOURCE. CONTINUES
14:38:44 [Zakim]
+SteveH
14:38:59 [DaveB]
redland contexts doc http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/large_scale_demo/
14:40:23 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#i_sourceImplExp 1.25 2004/08/16 12:23:00
14:41:11 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:41:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see SimonR, FarrukhN, DanC, Kevin, EricP, DaveB, JanneS, SteveH
14:41:38 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
14:41:40 [SteveH]
views on SOURCE:
14:41:58 [SteveH]
sinon: we implement it and its something we get for free
14:42:08 [SteveH]
simon: its something an RDF database should do
14:42:41 [SteveH]
simon: dont use it much, used for securitry, people dont use it much
14:43:04 [SteveH]
Farrukh: provenance is an important feature
14:43:46 [SteveH]
Kevin: sporadic requests, but its non-standard RDF
14:43:53 [SteveH]
Kevin: definate need
14:44:24 [Zakim]
-JanneS
14:44:35 [SteveH]
ericP: its used in algae, useful for his tool, but not sure it should set standard
14:44:49 [SteveH]
DaveB: big need from users
14:45:15 [SteveH]
SteveH: users rely on it
14:46:05 [DanC]
q+ SimonR
14:46:09 [SteveH]
Farroukh: distingcintion between need, and wether DAWG should address it
14:46:36 [DanC]
ack simon
14:46:45 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:46:48 [DanC]
ack SimonR
14:47:29 [SteveH]
SimonR: its important that we can address source, even though its outside RDF
14:47:53 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P18 is JanneS
14:47:53 [Zakim]
+JanneS; got it
14:47:56 [SteveH]
SimonR: just because RDF doesnt address it, doesnt mean we shouldn't address in it DAWG
14:48:14 [SteveH]
JanneS: dont support it, can see that it is useful
14:48:22 [SteveH]
Jannes: does it cause problems
14:48:26 [SteveH]
q+
14:49:24 [SteveH]
JanneS: what do you do if the source is unknown
14:50:02 [SteveH]
DaveB: main use case is for returning it as a result
14:50:23 [DanC]
ack steveh
14:51:31 [SteveH]
ok
14:52:15 [DanC]
ACTION DaveB: explain the main uses seen for redland contexts with respect to the provenance. CONTINUES
14:52:19 [DaveB]
issues about source - can it be made optional, impl issues
14:52:22 [DanC]
ACTION DaveB: propose an way to address the SOURCE issue. CONTINUES
14:52:30 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:52:30 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Collections" taken up [from DanC]
14:53:14 [SteveH]
discussion of handling collenctions on list
14:53:30 [SteveH]
Andy's action completed
14:54:50 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#i_collections is open.
14:54:56 [SteveH]
Danc: at one time we will discuss capabilities of your service
14:55:17 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:55:17 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Reporting b-nodes" taken up [from DanC]
14:55:33 [DanC]
ACTION SimonR: write about the "returning bnodes from a query" issue. CONTINUES.
14:56:24 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
14:56:24 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "XQuery integration requirements/objective" taken up [from DanC]
14:56:27 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
14:56:28 [SteveH]
related to issues with DESCRIBE
14:57:22 [SteveH]
document done for the september F2F
14:57:53 [SteveH]
ACTION SimonR "XQuery integration requirements/objective" CONTINUED
14:57:55 [DanC]
ACTION SimonR: write a document ... continues. still expecting something to read for sep ftf
14:59:07 [SteveH]
SimonR: returning bNodes is awkward becasue you can't assign them names outside the document thier in
14:59:30 [SteveH]
SimonR: we assign then URLs and treat them as URI references
15:01:33 [SteveH]
SimonR: dont know of a good solution
15:02:19 [DanC]
DONE: ACTION DanC: notify Semantic Web CG
15:02:30 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:02:30 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "review "Semantic Interpretation for Speech Recognition"?" taken up [from DanC]
15:02:53 [DaveB]
I note in passing, that bnodes will (have to?) be able to be created at least in CONSTRUCTing triples is in the language.
15:03:22 [SteveH]
"Semantic Interpretation for Speech Recognition" has query expressions
15:03:39 [SteveH]
Danc: wonrderes if they are similar, and should we be including ECMAScript
15:03:49 [DaveB]
I can't find 'query' in the spec
15:03:49 [SteveH]
DanC: some people should read it
15:04:13 [SteveH]
EricP and SteveH will also read
15:04:31 [DanC]
ACTION EricP: read http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/ and let DAWG know what, if any, dependencies there are/should be
15:04:42 [DanC]
ACTION SteveH: read http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/ and let DAWG know what, if any, dependencies there are/should be
15:05:28 [SteveH]
Danc: Has anyone looked at using the expression syntax from JavaScript
15:05:49 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
15:05:57 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
15:05:57 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "public comments" taken up [from DanC]
15:06:36 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: evaluate Tom's proposed reply
15:06:43 [Zakim]
-DaveB
15:06:54 [SteveH]
Tom's action is done
15:07:34 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:07:38 [DanC]
RRSAgent, pointer?
15:07:38 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2004/08/17-dawg-irc#T15-07-38
15:07:41 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
15:08:15 [DanC]
EricP: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ Revision 1.28 2004/08/17 14:43:42 has some pictures. Whaddya think?
15:08:26 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:08:28 [Zakim]
-FarrukhN
15:08:29 [Zakim]
-JanneS
15:08:34 [Zakim]
-Kevin
15:08:37 [KevinW]
KevinW has left #dawg
15:08:55 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:08:58 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
15:15:10 [ericP_]
ericP_ has joined #dawg
15:15:22 [ericP_]
http://www.w3.org/2004/07/16-FA/
15:49:02 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:49:14 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:49:15 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
15:49:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.781.497.aaaa, DanC, Kevin, SimonR, EricP, SteveH, FarrukhN, DaveB, JanneS
16:04:29 [ericP]
ericP has joined #dawg
18:54:01 [DanC]
DanC has left #dawg
18:56:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg