Web Services Coordination Group
20 Jul 2004


See also: IRC log


Carine, SteveRT, Hugo, David_Fallside, Jonathan_Marsh


<hugo> Scribe: Hugo

<SRT> Apologies from Martin Chapman (in Hawaii)

Minutes approval

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-cg/2004Jul/att-0004/Minutes07062004_0.txt approved

Reminder of the C&C workshop

Steve: any questions that people may have?

<SRT> Deadline for C & C is 27th August

Review action items

<scribe> ACTION: MSM to cc this group on the report about what to do next with XML. [PENDING]

<scribe> ACTION: CG to ping Addison about progress and rechartering [PENDING]

Steve: nothing to report at this stage

<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] chairs to send pointers to their WGs about reviewing I18N documents

WS WG reports

-- Description

Steve: WSDL 2.0 is going to go to LC soon

Jonathan: yes, we need to make sure that our timeline is OK with other groups
... we will go to LC early August
... we have a CR scheduled for October, but we're late
... would a late Sept. end of LC work?

Steve: maybe after our Sept F2F would work better for us

David: we haven't nailed the date of a F2F for XMLP

<SRT> WS Chor F2F is 28-30 September 2004

David: we don't have strict dependencies though

Hugo: it would go good to have a review of Part 3 and the SOAP 1.2 binding

David: right, and there's the media type note too

Jonathan: it will be on a different schedule
... we'll work on this during our August F2F
... I don't expect a LC for this before September

-- Choreography

Steve: F2F coming up in August
... there's a lot of activity in the Group, which issues being closed, etc.
... I'd like to see more proposals, but we're making progress
... we currently have 81 issues logged, including 20 editorial

-- Protocol

<SRT> David?



David: we've almost finished going through the LC comments
... we have 2 issues left
... we closed about 20
... I'm hoping to close the issues tomorrow, tidy the document, and move to CR
... I'm hoping to go to CR in a couple of weeks
... none of the issues was substantial; we had a pushed-back for using a new media type, and the WG seems to be going in favor of the new proposal

Hugo: are there already implementations?

<SRT> From last minutes: "Given that 3+ members has running code for the attachments then CR should be pretty straight forward."

David: several Members were expecting one a few months ago, so we should have a fairly short CR
... there isn't a large number of features to test here


Nothing/nobody to report


Carine: I haven't heard anything back from SWSI
... it looks like everybody's on vacation as the list has been very quiet

-- Semantic Web CG

Nothing to report.

Steve: will there be people at the C&C workshop?

Hugo: I expect people from the SW to show up and talk about their experience

Next meeting

In 2 weeks, it will be the F2Fs in London, and then it's August

Next meeting: 7 September

Summary of Action Items

[PENDING] ACTION: CG to ping Addison about progress and
... rechartering [recorded in
... http://www.w3.org/2004/07/20-ws-cg-irc#T17-09-36]
[PENDING] ACTION: MSM to cc this group on the report about what to
... do next with XML. [recorded in
... http://www.w3.org/2004/07/20-ws-cg-irc#T17-09-22]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl 1.87 (CVS log)
$Date: 2004/07/20 17:33:35 $