Namespace document alternative formats
- RDDL by Tim Bray and Jonathan Borden
- XHTML plus
- A new element <resource> with a bunch of ordinary attributes
like "title" and "description"
- Two special attributes "nature" (namespace name or mime type) and
- RDF in HTML as
described by Tim Berners-Lee
- An XHTML processor ignores all embedded RDF
- An RDF processor processes all RDF within an XHTML document as
though it were within an RDF document.
- An RDF processor ignores any XHTML within which any RDF is
- TAG held a RDDL
challenge to request alternatives.
- Norm Walsh wrote a
summary of the challenge.
- TAG considered results of challenge and commissioned a draft proposal:
- Minimal RDDL
by Tim Bray and Jonathan Borden
- Uses <a> elements and two new attributes, rddl:nature and
- Can use other useful <a> attributes like "title" and
- Does not try to re-use the <a> "rel" and "rev"
- All the RDDL proposals are actually very similar and are mutually
transformable via XSLT.