OWL DL: A profile for Reasoners
Reasoning in any sufficiently powerful language is "Semi-decidable"
- The reasoning equivalent of the "Halting Problem"
- OWL DL is a profile of OWL that is decidable!
- Adds some restrictions to the graphs: separation of data and objects, identification of annotations, "Strong typing" of some graph features, some restrictions on bnodes, owl:class added.
- A subset of the DL profile, OWL Lite, is also defined
- Smaller set of vocabulary terms (Same restrictions)
- Well-known, straightforward to implement, published algorithms
- OWL DL test cases being successfully run by a number of DL reasoning systems.