W3C | TAG | Previous: 24 Nov teleconf | Next: 4 Dec TAG teleconf

Agenda of 1 Decembr 2003 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list (handling new issues) www-tag archive

1. Administrative (15min)

  1. Welcome, Roll Call.
  2. Accept the minutes of the 15-17 Nov ftf meeting?
  3. Accept the minutes of the 24 Nov teleconf?
  4. Accept this agenda?
  5. Next meeting: 4 Dec 2003 teleconf?
  6. Video meeting in Feb 2003:
    1. Action SW/PC 2003/11/10: Explore possibility of TAG videolink TAG distributed meeting in February.
  7. Tech Plenary
    1. Action SW 2003/11/15: Take to tech plenary committee the TAG's proposal.
  8. Negotiations with WGs for last call:
    1. SW/I18N done
    2. Schema/PC done. MSM has confirmed.
    3. SVG/CL done
    4. HTML/IJ done
    5. Todo: Voice/SW, XML Core/NW, WSDL/DO

2. Technical (75min)

  1. Review of Architecture Document writing assignments
  2. Review of list of issues to close before last call

2.1 Review of Architecture Document writing assignments

Comments on 28 Nov 2003 WD of the Arch Doc?

Recent action items:

Ian
  1. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Starting from DO's diagram, create a diagram where the relationships and terms are linked back to the context where defined. Ensure that the relationships are in fact used in the narrative; any gaps identified? With DO, work on term relationship diagram.
  2. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Add a column to the TAG issues list about the version of the document in which we are expecting to address the issue.
  3. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Provide wording to replace text in 1.1.2 about relation between arch doc and findings (w.r.t. good practice notes).
  4. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Revise SVG story in discussion with TBL.
  5. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Incorporate TBL and DC text into 3.4.
  6. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Fix ref to 30 at end of section 4.2
  7. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Fix para after 1./2. bullets in 4.3 to make clear that language must prepare in advance (i.e., syntax) for this type of override.
  8. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Write caveat about integration formats like FO
  9. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Close issue 6 with TB proposed text. (Done) Inform reviewer. (Not done)
  10. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: In 4.6.4, amend story to talk about the choice of extensibility model and namespace policy how that helps them meet their desired goals (easy changes, less cost). Tie namespace change more strongly to extensibility model with a cross reference.
  11. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: In section 4.6.6, add refs to infoset and PSVI.
  12. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Ensure that pointed to from issues list.
  13. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Add new issue regarding derived resources.
  14. Completed action IJ 2003/11/15: Add new issue ultimateQuestion-42.
Chris
  1. Completed action CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1. (Done)
  2. Completed action CL 2003/11/15: Propose a sentence for 4.4 about delivery context.
  3. Action CL 2003/11/15: Write text to reviewer about the resolution of errorHandling-20.
Norm
  1. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Revise QName finding. See draft finding from NW.
  2. Completed Action NW 2003/11/15: Provide language on cost/benefit trade-off of extensibility.
  3. Completed Action NW/IJ 2003/11/15: Rewrite 4.6.2. Revise first GPN per TB text. Second one ok. Take language from finding to give more context.
TB
  1. Completed action TB: Rewrite paragraph on ambiguity in section 2.2.
Roy
  1. Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.
DO
  1. Completed Action DO/TBL 2003/11/15: Produce new text for a small subsection 1.2.4 (or perhaps for 1.2.1)
  2. Action DO 2003/11/15: Point WSDL WG to resolution of issue 6.
  3. Action DO 2003/11/15: Propose some extra text for section 4.5 that hypertext agents often follow an IGNORE rule and this often results in incompatible behavior. Ignore applied to fragid interpretation.
TBL
  1. Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about extensibility related to "when to tunnel".
DC
  1. Withdrawn Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5 showing examples of freenet and other systems. Progress; see URISchemes/freenet
  2. Completed action DC 2003/11/15: Elaborate on value of orthogonality of specs in section 1.2.1 including example HTTP/HTML
  3. Completed action DC 2003/11/15: Write up some replacement text for text at beginning of 3.3.1.
  4. Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
SW
  1. Action SW 2003/11/15: Verify that "agent" is used consistently in the document and makes sense as both people and software. [Subsumed by IJ?]
  2. Completed action SW 2003/11/15: Provide photo of extensibility/versioning whiteboard notes for the meeting record (Done)

2.2 Review of 3023-related actions

  1. Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

The TAG does not expect to cover these issues

2.5 Findings

See also TAG findings home page.

2.2.1 Expected new findings


Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2003/12/01 16:37:03 $