IRC log of rdfcore on 2003-09-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:05:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfcore
14:05:43 [ericm]
action: ericm to update frank's rdfcore email address
14:05:46 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
14:05:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Manola, Emiller, Jeremy, +1.850.434.aaaa
14:05:49 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:05:55 [Zakim]
+JosD
14:06:11 [ericm]
zakim, +1.850.434.aaaa is PatH
14:06:11 [Zakim]
+PatH; got it
14:06:28 [ericm]
zakim, +??P19 is Bristol
14:06:28 [Zakim]
sorry, ericm, I do not recognize a party named '+??P19'
14:06:32 [ericm]
zakim, ??P19 is Bristol
14:06:32 [Zakim]
+Bristol; got it
14:06:40 [ericm]
zakim, Bristol contains Jan, DaveB, Brian, Gk, Danbri
14:06:40 [Zakim]
+Jan, DaveB, Brian, Gk, Danbri; got it
14:06:47 [ericm]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Manola, Emiller, Jeremy, PatH, Bristol, JosD
14:06:48 [Zakim]
Bristol has Jan, DaveB, Brian, Gk, Danbri
14:06:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, jjc, Zakim, ericm
14:07:42 [dajobe-lap]
dajobe-lap has joined #rdfcore
14:07:44 [JosD]
JosD has joined #rdfcore
14:08:24 [jjcscribe]
AGenda:
14:08:26 [jjcscribe]
1 scribe
14:08:29 [jjcscribe]
=jjc
14:08:32 [ericm]
agenda = http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0196.html
14:08:34 [jjcscribe]
2 Roll Call
14:08:38 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
14:08:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Manola, Emiller, Jeremy, PatH, Bristol, JosD
14:08:39 [Zakim]
Bristol has Jan, DaveB, Brian, Gk, Danbri
14:09:16 [jjcscribe]
Review agenda
14:09:50 [jjcscribe]
regrets DanC, Patrick,
14:10:18 [jjcscribe]
URI proposal will be taken under 9 next steps
14:10:37 [jjcscribe]
Jos AOB pass criteria for negativ entailment tests
14:10:57 [jjcscribe]
Next telecon, next week.
14:11:10 [logger]
logger has joined #rdfcore
14:11:17 [bwm]
bwm has joined #rdfcore
14:11:35 [jjcscribe]
Scribe next week will be Graham.
14:11:42 [jjcscribe]
5. Minutes
14:11:46 [danbri_dna]
danbri_dna has joined #rdfcore
14:11:56 [jjcscribe]
with two corrections
14:12:09 [jjcscribe]
Minutes approved
14:12:41 [jjcscribe]
Completed actions recorded as done
14:12:54 [jjcscribe]
Withdrawn actions OK
14:13:50 [jjcscribe]
Item 8
14:13:56 [jjcscribe]
rdfs is done??
14:14:11 [jjcscribe]
may be or may be not ...
14:14:28 [jjcscribe]
discussion (em, danbri, bwm)
14:14:41 [danbri_dna]
the rdfs one also describes rdf: ns
14:14:46 [jjcscribe]
continued all four actions
14:15:30 [jjcscribe]
action 2003-08-29#2 perl script will be ready within a week
14:16:22 [jjcscribe]
What needs to be done?
14:16:24 [dajobe-lap]
q+ to ask general point about doc updates
14:16:25 [jjcscribe]
Primer:
14:16:48 [jjcscribe]
Frank - I need to make one fix in response to comment, also affiliation update
14:16:50 [bwm]
ack dajobe
14:16:50 [Zakim]
dajobe-lap, you wanted to ask general point about doc updates
14:17:08 [jjcscribe]
Dave: what changes should we list?
14:17:27 [jjcscribe]
danbri_dna: full changes by ref?
14:18:01 [jjcscribe]
jjcscribe: i think full changes should be in
14:18:20 [jjcscribe]
em: technically danbri is right, inpractice jjc is right
14:18:54 [jjcscribe]
DECISION 2nd last call WDs will record changes between LC1 and LC2
14:19:02 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
14:19:06 [danbri_dna]
I quite agree this is the most helpful approach
14:19:16 [jjcscribe]
Changes from intermediate drafts will be highlighted
14:19:49 [jjcscribe]
SYNTAX: minor editorial changes
14:19:54 [mdean]
mdean has joined #rdfcore
14:20:38 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc review syntax text on bnode IDs
14:21:06 [jjcscribe]
SCHEMA like daves
14:22:35 [dajobe-lap]
pfp's latest complaint http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0339.html
14:25:22 [jjcscribe]
Concepts
14:25:51 [jjcscribe]
discussion of NFC?
14:26:26 [jjcscribe]
peter still appears to be wanting more informative text, but maybe satisfied with normative text
14:26:38 [jjcscribe]
editors are declining to add any informative text
14:26:56 [danbri_dna]
danbri_dna has joined #rdfcore
14:29:16 [jjcscribe]
Also URI issue -
14:30:20 [jjcscribe]
% is resolved,
14:30:47 [jjcscribe]
ctrl chars - both Peter and Martin say it is a mistake
14:31:06 [dajobe-lap]
jjc's text in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0207.html
14:31:12 [danbri_dna]
danbri_dna has joined #rdfcore
14:32:36 [bwm]
A URI reference within an RDF graph (an RDF URI reference) is a Unicode string
14:32:36 [bwm]
[UNICODE] that
14:32:36 [bwm]
+ does not contain any control characters ( #x00 - #x1F, #x7F-#x9F)
14:32:36 [bwm]
+ and would produce a valid URI ...
14:33:28 [jjcscribe]
Proposal A that RDF concepts is changed to prohibit controlcharacters in RDF URI References
14:33:40 [jjcscribe]
ACTION Pat ensure that semantics refers to concepts text
14:33:49 [jjcscribe]
no objections, approved
14:37:24 [jjcscribe]
Proposal B see msg
14:37:29 [jjcscribe]
no objections, done
14:37:59 [danbri_dna]
danbri_dna has joined #rdfcore
14:38:12 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc implement A and B
14:38:30 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc respond to pfps on URIs, cc martin
14:38:58 [jjcscribe]
Semantics
14:39:24 [jjcscribe]
There is some unclairty in proof appendix, Pat is working on these.
14:40:29 [jjcscribe]
Some of the issues pfps has no said OK but seems to have stopped being unhappy.
14:40:51 [jjcscribe]
Test Cases
14:40:54 [jjcscribe]
not much to do
14:41:11 [jjcscribe]
LBase - some small changes tracking semantics
14:42:19 [jjcscribe]
EDITORS please use TR version of documents to work from
14:42:57 [danbri_dna]
basically: the versions of our docs that were published to w3.org/TR/ have had a number of small fixes by danbri and ericm; please work from those rather than from the material you submitted to danbri and ericm
14:45:24 [jjcscribe]
action bwm check status of last call issue list
14:46:02 [dajobe-lap]
hmm, do we make a new LC issues list, zapping the old one?
14:47:46 [jjcscribe]
ACTION bwm s/none/no response/ in last call comments
14:51:24 [jjcscribe]
Discussion about I18N issue
14:51:51 [jjcscribe]
minutes of last week, says "No support for changing design"
14:52:19 [bwm]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0195.html
14:52:26 [jjcscribe]
(discussion today was procedural not technical)
14:54:10 [jjcscribe]
ACTION em Poke Michael
14:54:47 [jjcscribe]
(poking on xmlsch-02 not other issues)
14:56:53 [jjcscribe]
Jeremy proposes schedule changed 03 => 02 and 10 => 08
14:58:34 [jjcscribe]
ACTION ericm contact comm to get publication date
14:59:06 [jjcscribe]
daveb does 03 Nov move back, em no
14:59:24 [jjcscribe]
ACTION danbri produce boiler plate for OTD
14:59:29 [jjcscribe]
^OTD^SOTD
15:00:17 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc e-mail webont with 02 Oct comment deadline
15:00:34 [jjcscribe]
ACTION danbri e-mail rdfinterest with 02 Oct comment deadline
15:00:55 [jjcscribe]
ACTION bwm e-mail chairs list concerning LC 2
15:01:01 [jjcscribe]
^bwm^danbri^
15:02:15 [jjcscribe]
danbri will need to identify which groups are particularly targeted
15:03:57 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc suggest herman sends review as personal comment before webont endorsement
15:04:03 [jjcscribe]
AOB
15:04:21 [jjcscribe]
negative entailment test pass criteria
15:05:02 [jjcscribe]
q+
15:05:11 [jjcscribe]
q+ to disagree with Jos
15:07:19 [jjcscribe]
Jos worries from WebOnt
15:07:27 [dajobe-lap]
ack jjcscribe
15:07:27 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, you wanted to disagree with Jos
15:07:37 [jjcscribe]
about rule systems having difficulty about passing
15:08:30 [jjcscribe]
jjc rdf or rdfs rule sets are complete so no problem
15:08:37 [jjcscribe]
path may not be practical
15:08:57 [jjcscribe]
jos I am not satisfied, also datatype entailments
15:09:43 [jjcscribe]
brian suggests note in test document, indicating negative entailments are illustative
15:10:05 [jjcscribe]
pat let's stay silent
15:10:15 [jjcscribe]
josd but the implementation report?
15:12:35 [danbri_dna]
danbri_dna has joined #rdfcore
15:13:01 [jjcscribe]
ACTION path to consider amendments to test cases text considering non=entailments
15:13:11 [jjcscribe]
out of itme
15:13:16 [jjcscribe]
meeting adjourning
15:13:18 [Zakim]
-Bristol
15:13:19 [Zakim]
-PatH
15:13:23 [Zakim]
-Emiller
15:13:26 [Zakim]
-JosD
15:13:26 [Zakim]
-Jeremy
15:13:27 [Zakim]
-Manola
15:13:35 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
15:13:36 [Zakim]
SW_RDFCore()10:00AM has ended
15:13:50 [dajobe-lap]
arrrr! ahoy people
15:14:04 [jjcscribe]
RRSAgent, pointer?
15:14:04 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2003/09/19-rdfcore-irc#T15-14-04
15:15:07 [jjcscribe]
Can someone please change perms on irc log?
15:15:55 [danbri_dna]
jjc, i can't get to w3.org from HP wireless LAN
15:15:57 [danbri_dna]
ericm, can you do it?
15:16:07 [bwm]
bwm has joined #rdfcore
15:16:31 [ericm]
http://www.w3.org/2003/09/19-rdfcore-irc is now world
15:24:48 [jjcscribe]
thanks (just the html but that will do)
15:47:02 [ericm]
jjc, not sure why all variants didn't take...
15:47:21 [ericm]
http://www.w3.org/2003/09/19-rdfcore-actions and http://www.w3.org/2003/09/19-rdfcore-irc should now be world
16:14:27 [ericm]
http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=all&docid=BEP1_News_0000056532
17:56:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfcore
17:57:11 [ericm]
ericm has left #rdfcore