IRC log of webont on 2003-09-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:45:22 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:59:33 [sandro]
sandro has joined #webont
16:00:05 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be WEBO
16:00:05 [Zakim]
ok, DanC; I see SW_WebOnt()12:00PM scheduled to start now
16:00:09 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has now started
16:00:10 [Zakim]
+DanC
16:00:29 [Zakim]
DanC, you asked to be reminded at this time to convene
16:00:58 [Zakim]
+Jeff_Heflin
16:01:06 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:02:15 [Zakim]
+Evan_Wallace
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:03:53 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:03:53 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "convene, take roll, assign scribe, review record" taken up [from DanC]
16:05:15 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
16:05:25 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: JeremyC (34%), DanC (31%)
16:05:44 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
16:05:47 [DanC]
(considering cancelling)
16:05:48 [Zakim]
+Tayeb
16:05:58 [jjc]
Zakim, who's here?
16:05:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Jeff_Heflin, Sandro (muted), Evan_Wallace, JeremyC, Tayeb
16:06:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jjc, sandro, RRSAgent, logger, Zakim, DanC
16:06:42 [Zakim]
+??P11
16:07:26 [sandro]
you were breaking up there, DanC, for a moment.....
16:07:34 [jjc]
Zakim, who's here?
16:07:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Jeff_Heflin, Sandro (muted), Evan_Wallace, JeremyC, JeromeE, HermanT
16:07:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jjc, sandro, RRSAgent, logger, Zakim, DanC
16:07:37 [sandro]
but it seems okay now
16:07:58 [jjc]
many regrets in agenda and list
16:08:15 [jjc]
Minutes 0096 seconded and arried
16:08:21 [jjc]
Review agenda.
16:08:39 [jjc]
continue gene action jim
16:08:57 [jjc]
proposal for outreach telecons
16:11:39 [jjc]
Proposal to meet next thrusday
16:11:50 [jjc]
Agenda at chairs discretion
16:12:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.323.444.aaaa
16:12:17 [jjc]
seconded, no scribe volunteer
16:12:26 [jjc]
Zakim, +aaaa is Jos
16:12:26 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I do not recognize a party named '+aaaa'
16:12:34 [jjc]
Zakim, aaaa is Jos
16:12:34 [Zakim]
+Jos; got it
16:14:01 [jjc]
Jeremy asks about change log
16:14:42 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:14:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "convene, take roll, assign scribe, review record" taken up [from DanC]
16:14:44 [jjc]
DanC advises that editors draft should have changes against CR
16:14:49 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 1
16:14:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
16:14:50 [Zakim]
I see 10 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:14:51 [Zakim]
2. Review agenda and misc actions, plan next meeting http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0033.html [from DanC]
16:14:52 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 2
16:14:52 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
16:14:53 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:14:54 [Zakim]
3. Comment handling [from DanC]
16:14:55 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 3
16:14:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
16:14:57 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:14:58 [Zakim]
4. DL Syntax, B1/B2 [from DanC]
16:15:02 [JosD]
JosD has joined #webont
16:17:29 [jjc]
Peter action is complete
16:18:14 [DanC]
pointer to proof attempt would be handy for today's record, in case somebody like herman wanted to find it
16:19:58 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
16:20:09 [DanC]
Peter's "problem with B1 B2" message doesn't cirectly cite the proof attempt
16:20:27 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:20:45 [ChrisW]
zakim, [IBM] is temporarily ChrisW
16:20:45 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
16:21:15 [jjc]
DanC action continued
16:21:27 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:21:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Jeff_Heflin, Sandro (muted), Evan_Wallace, JeremyC, JeromeE, HermanT, Jos, ChrisW
16:21:28 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
16:21:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
16:21:30 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:21:31 [Zakim]
4. DL Syntax, B1/B2 [from DanC]
16:21:36 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 8
16:21:36 [Zakim]
agendum 8 closed
16:21:37 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:21:38 [Zakim]
4. DL Syntax, B1/B2 [from DanC]
16:21:46 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 4
16:21:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
16:21:47 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:21:48 [Zakim]
5. RDF Internationalization [from DanC]
16:22:18 [jjc]
actions completed (x3)
16:26:23 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
16:26:23 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, DanC
16:26:26 [ChrisW]
\me is catching up
16:26:28 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 5
16:26:28 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
16:26:29 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:26:30 [Zakim]
6. Test review [from DanC]
16:26:34 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:26:34 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test review" taken up [from DanC]
16:26:40 [jjc]
discussion of whether Guus' msg could be consensus comment
16:26:49 [jjc]
new RDF Core specs published tomorrow
16:27:47 [jjc]
jos has changed one proposed test (a #)
16:28:12 [jjc]
jos believes there are many tests that should be approved
16:30:15 [DanC]
Zakim, close agendum 6
16:30:15 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
16:30:16 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:30:17 [Zakim]
7. Exit criterion: two complete OWL Lite consistency checkers [from DanC]
16:30:27 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
16:30:27 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Exit criterion: two complete OWL Lite consistency checkers" taken up [from DanC]
16:30:54 [jjc]
action hendler
16:31:05 [jjc]
action horrocks continued
16:32:17 [DanC]
report from hendler 17 July http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0159.html
16:32:45 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:32:45 [Zakim]
agendum 7 closed
16:32:46 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:32:47 [Zakim]
9. Exit Criterion: two reasoners implementing useful subsets of OWL Full ... [from DanC]
16:32:53 [DanC]
Zakim, take up agendum 8
16:32:53 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Exit criterion: Each test [...] is [...] passed" taken up [from DanC]
16:33:05 [jjc]
hendler action continued
16:33:21 [jjc]
white's action continued
16:33:53 [DanC]
(I'm converting PFPS's OWLP log into this format; progress so far http://64.126.64.19/2003-08p/,owlp.rdf )
16:34:07 [jjc]
sandro has a tool that can build a reporting tool
16:34:17 [jjc]
^ugg muddle
16:34:35 [DanC]
page in progress: http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out
16:35:51 [jjc]
sandro pass/test/incomplete
16:36:04 [jjc]
nonentailment test often would be incomplete
16:36:46 [sandro]
Full + (NonEntailment|Consistency) == not really possible, as far as we know
16:37:01 [jjc]
suggestion that we should modify exit criteria that consistency and nonentailment tests as incomplete rather than pass
16:37:29 [jjc]
(for Full tests)
16:38:12 [sandro]
Jos: I dont want to switch to calling the NET/CT's not-finding-proof to being not Passing
16:38:20 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:38:20 [Zakim]
agendum 8 closed
16:38:21 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:38:22 [Zakim]
9. Exit Criterion: two reasoners implementing useful subsets of OWL Full ... [from DanC]
16:38:29 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
16:38:29 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Exit Criterion: two reasoners implementing useful subsets of OWL Full ..." taken up [from DanC]
16:38:47 [jjc]
sandro's action done
16:38:55 [jjc]
jos reported 0023
16:40:28 [jjc]
ACTION jos transalte results into sandros format
16:40:37 [sandro]
Jos report so far: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0023.html
16:41:30 [jjc]
jeremy has asked dave reynolds, Jena stuff will be late (after 20 sept)
16:42:35 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/resultsOntology#T
16:42:45 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/resultsOntology#
16:42:55 [DanC]
(seems agreeable to test editors)
16:43:16 [jjc]
(URL 404)
16:43:18 [DanC]
ACTION sandro: cure 404 there
16:43:25 [jjc]
ACTION sandro put something at resultOntology
16:43:29 [sandro]
in parallel to: http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/testOntology#
16:43:33 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:43:33 [Zakim]
agendum 9 closed
16:43:34 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:43:35 [Zakim]
10. exit criterion: two owl syntax checkers passing all tests [from DanC]
16:43:42 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
16:43:42 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "exit criterion: two owl syntax checkers passing all tests" taken up [from DanC]
16:43:59 [jjc]
Sean has reported
16:44:53 [Zakim]
-HermanT
16:45:43 [jjc]
Peter reported
16:46:23 [DanC]
[[[
16:46:24 [DanC]
Reading http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/disjointWith/consistent004
16:46:24 [DanC]
OWL ERROR: When checking disjoints
16:46:24 [DanC]
Disjoints not a clique
16:46:25 [DanC]
]]]
16:47:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.314.025.aabb
16:48:16 [jjc]
Peter's checker passes
16:48:31 [jjc]
Horrocks action continued
16:48:36 [jjc]
Hendler's action continued
16:51:00 [sandro]
DanC: two tests, which share materials.... Manifest#test, Manifest#test2
16:52:24 [jjc]
DanC would like DL and Full tests to have different names
16:54:53 [jjc]
ACTION jjc to think about problem of two tests per test
16:56:03 [DanC]
Zakim, next agendum
16:56:03 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "exit criterion: two owl syntax checkers passing all tests" taken up [from DanC]
16:56:13 [jjc]
Last item DanC is inclined to adjourn rather than discuss last agendum item
16:56:42 [jjc]
Adjourned
16:56:42 [Zakim]
-Evan_Wallace
16:56:45 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:56:46 [Zakim]
- +1.314.025.aabb
16:56:47 [Zakim]
-JeromeE
16:56:54 [Zakim]
-Jeff_Heflin
16:56:55 [Zakim]
-JeremyC
16:56:56 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:56:57 [Zakim]
-Jos
16:57:02 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:57:03 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended
16:57:25 [DanC]
jjc, pls *don't* put the actions in 2 places in the record, OK?
16:57:38 [DanC]
I much prefer that actions stay tucked under agenda
16:58:25 [jjc]
OK
16:58:42 [jjc]
(i.e. my usual summary at the top is unwanted)
16:59:01 [DanC]
it may be wanted by other chairs, but not this one
16:59:22 [DanC]
if your summary grouped things under agenda, that would be ok, maybe.
16:59:28 [jjc]
I might sent it as a separate message
17:00:17 [jjc]
personally I hardly ever read the minutes - and like a short form
17:02:15 [DanC]
er... it's fine to make the minutes short. If you don't think something's worth reading, just don't put it in the minutes at all
17:03:30 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
19:11:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webont