IRC log of webont on 2003-04-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:13:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:13:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webont
15:13:41 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be WEBO
15:13:41 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled near this time, DanC
15:28:58 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
15:29:10 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:29:11 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I don't know what conference this is
15:29:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jjc, Zakim, RRSAgent, logger, DanC
15:29:21 [jjc]
Zakim, what's the time?
15:29:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jjc.
15:29:51 [DanC]
conference starts in 90min, jjc
15:29:59 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be WEBO
15:29:59 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled near this time, DanC
15:30:07 [jjc]
logger, pointer
15:30:07 [logger]
See http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/webont/2003-04-03#T15-30-07
16:51:48 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
16:58:23 [timfinin]
timfinin has joined #webont
16:59:55 [jjc]
Zakim, this is webo
16:59:55 [Zakim]
ok, jjc
17:00:04 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:00:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, ??P10, [EDS]
17:00:08 [Zakim]
+Tim_Finin
17:00:16 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:00:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, ??P10 (muted), [EDS], Tim_Finin
17:00:18 [Zakim]
+[UMD]
17:00:25 [jjc]
Zakim, ?P10 is jjc
17:00:25 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I do not recognize a party named '?P10'
17:00:27 [Zakim]
+DanC
17:00:30 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P10 is jjc
17:00:30 [Zakim]
+jjc; got it
17:00:36 [jhendler]
jhendler has joined #webont
17:00:51 [Zakim]
+??P16
17:01:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.801.756.aaaa
17:01:04 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
17:01:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, jjc, [EDS], Tim_Finin, [UMD], DanC, ??P16, +1.801.756.aaaa
17:01:06 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jhendler, timfinin, jjc, Zakim, RRSAgent, logger, DanC
17:01:13 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: 3Apr http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/. chair: JimH. scribe: ?
17:01:14 [jhendler]
zakim, [umd] is jimH
17:01:14 [Zakim]
+jimH; got it
17:01:18 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
17:01:30 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P16 is herman
17:01:30 [Zakim]
+herman; got it
17:01:31 [Zakim]
+??P33
17:01:43 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: 3Apr http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/. chair: JimH. scribe: JeremyC
17:01:50 [jjc]
Zakim, Tim_Finin is heflin
17:01:50 [Zakim]
+heflin; got it
17:01:59 [mdean]
mdean has joined #webont
17:02:01 [DeborahMc]
DeborahMc has joined #webont
17:02:03 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:02:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, jjc, [EDS], heflin, jimH, DanC, herman, +1.801.756.aaaa, Mike_Dean, ??P33
17:02:24 [jjc]
Zakim, aaaa is pfps
17:02:24 [Zakim]
+pfps; got it
17:02:28 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:02:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, jjc, [EDS], heflin, jimH, DanC, herman, pfps, Mike_Dean, ??P33
17:02:30 [DanC]
Zakim, where is 801?
17:02:30 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.801 is Utah
17:03:13 [jjc]
Zakim, help
17:03:13 [Zakim]
Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot for more detailed help.
17:03:15 [Zakim]
Some of the commands I know are:
17:03:16 [Zakim]
xxx is yyy - establish yyy as the name of unknown party xxx
17:03:18 [Zakim]
if yyy is 'me' or 'I', your nick is substituted
17:03:20 [Zakim]
xxx may be yyy - establish yyy as possibly the name of unknown party xxx
17:03:22 [Zakim]
I am xxx - establish your nick as the name of unknown party xxx
17:03:24 [Zakim]
xxx holds yyy [, zzz ...] - establish xxx as a group name and yyy, etc. as participants within that group
17:03:26 [Zakim]
xxx also holds yyy - add yyy to the list of participants in group xxx
17:03:28 [Zakim]
who's here? - lists the participants on the phone
17:03:30 [Zakim]
who's muted? - lists the participants who are muted
17:03:32 [Zakim]
mute xxx - mutes party xxx (like pressing 61#)
17:03:34 [Zakim]
unmute xxx - reverses the effect of "mute" and of 61#
17:03:36 [Zakim]
is xxx here? - reports whether a party named like xxx is present
17:03:38 [Zakim]
list conferences - reports the active conferences
17:03:39 [Zakim]
this is xxx - associates this channel with conference xxx
17:03:40 [Zakim]
excuse us - disconnects from the irc channel
17:03:41 [Zakim]
I last learned something new on $Date: 2003/03/30 15:50:42 $
17:04:40 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:04:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, jjc, [EDS], heflin, jimH, DanC, herman, pfps, Mike_Dean, ??P33
17:04:50 [Zakim]
+Leo
17:05:03 [jhendler]
zakim, ?p33 is McGuinness
17:05:03 [Zakim]
sorry, jhendler, I do not recognize a party named '?p33'
17:05:24 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, [eds] is Mike_Smith
17:05:24 [Zakim]
+Mike_Smith; got it
17:05:52 [Zakim]
+Ian_Horrocks
17:05:55 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P4 is finin
17:05:55 [Zakim]
+finin; got it
17:06:14 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:06:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see finin, jjc, Mike_Smith, heflin, jimH, DanC, herman, pfps, Mike_Dean, ??P33, Leo, Ian_Horrocks
17:06:24 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P33 is McGuiness
17:06:24 [Zakim]
+McGuiness; got it
17:06:27 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:06:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see finin, jjc, Mike_Smith, heflin, jimH, DanC, herman, pfps, Mike_Dean, McGuiness, Leo, Ian_Horrocks
17:06:40 [IanH]
IanH has joined #webont
17:06:45 [jjcscribe]
regrets in e-mail log
17:07:34 [jjcscribe]
Minutes accepted, with amendment.
17:07:51 [jjcscribe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0273.html
17:08:25 [jjcscribe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0276.html
17:08:48 [jjcscribe]
No agenda amendments.
17:09:00 [jjcscribe]
1.4 Next telecon
17:09:16 [jjcscribe]
conflicts with DAML meeting, but telecon going ahead anyway
17:09:26 [jjcscribe]
1.5 Last Call announcement and distribution update
17:10:03 [jjcscribe]
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Apr/0002.html
17:10:17 [jjcscribe]
Sent to DAML lists, seweb, ontoweb
17:10:25 [jjcscribe]
Sent to omg, fipa
17:10:31 [jjcscribe]
(fipa??)
17:11:23 [jjcscribe]
(i.e. maybe it wasn't sent to fipa)
17:12:08 [jjcscribe]
Announcements should assume that people have already been revieiwing WDs
17:12:23 [jjcscribe]
continue ACTION Danc on I18N
17:13:50 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: Patel-Schneider to work on proof for issue 5.26 B1,B2
17:13:50 [jjcscribe]
Patel-Schneider to work on proof for issue 5.26 B1,B2
17:13:50 [jjcscribe]
ACTION Patel-Schneider B.1 B.2 - by 17th April
17:14:10 [jjcscribe]
Heflin action continued
17:15:26 [jjcscribe]
ACTION connolly look into redirects to fix semantic linking problem
17:16:57 [DanC]
(there's an epsilon (<24hrs) after the spec is publised in /TR/ when we can fix little problems. that epsilon has passed. I think a redirect is still feasible.)
17:17:34 [jjcscribe]
2.0 Discussion of Last Call Comment Handling
17:17:35 [jjcscribe]
2.0 Discussion of Last Call Comment Handling
17:17:35 [jjcscribe]
2.0 Discussion of Last Call Comment Handling
17:17:35 [jjcscribe]
2. Discussion of LC Comment Handling
17:17:59 [jjcscribe]
Hendler is about to send a memo
17:18:09 [jjcscribe]
after telecon.
17:18:48 [jjcscribe]
jimh: there are now strict process rules about making changes
17:19:22 [jjcscribe]
jimh: take care that public comments list is not place for discussion of issues
17:19:39 [jjcscribe]
jimh: discussion should take place on wg list or public list
17:21:27 [jjcscribe]
danc: discussion between authorized representatives of the WG and commentors should take place on comments list
17:21:58 [jjcscribe]
jimh: do not refer to commentators as idiots on webont list
17:22:31 [jjcscribe]
jimh: at least one editor of each doc should be reading the public comments list
17:22:52 [jjcscribe]
jimh: when comment on single doc arrives
17:23:12 [jjcscribe]
editor can: (a) explain how the issue is already addressed by document(s)
17:23:32 [jjcscribe]
answer goes to commentator and public comments list
17:23:44 [jjcscribe]
This is for issues that do not change document
17:24:08 [DanC]
(I think it works better if [closed] goes at the end of the subject line, but I've only tested [closed] at the beginning)
17:24:13 [DanC]
s/works/looks/
17:24:16 [jjcscribe]
Once the commentator agrees that the issue has been addressed, we send a msg with [closed] at the beginining
17:25:25 [jjcscribe]
Case (b) requires an editorial change to the document without WG discussion
17:26:03 [jjcscribe]
then the editor asks the chair to confirm this is an editorial fix and we are in case (a) more or less
17:26:20 [jjcscribe]
Case (c) is when the issue is substantive which may effect other documents
17:26:31 [jjcscribe]
or test cases then
17:27:10 [jjcscribe]
the editor asks the chairs to add the issue to a WG agenda
17:27:43 [jjcscribe]
pfps understanding (start)
17:27:56 [jjcscribe]
pfps: if some changes to the wording without changing meaning
17:28:11 [jjcscribe]
pfps: sends msg to the WG suggesting this change
17:28:40 [jjcscribe]
pfps: if change required is a change to the meaning then
17:28:48 [jjcscribe]
pfps: more discussion is needed
17:29:57 [jjcscribe]
pfps: distinction is any fool would do it this way or not
17:30:08 [jjcscribe]
danc: is it observable in tests or code
17:30:26 [jjcscribe]
end pfps monologue
17:31:09 [jjcscribe]
danc: please add difference lists in an appendix
17:31:27 [jjcscribe]
danc: if we want to change any bytes we have to detail our diffs
17:31:46 [jjcscribe]
mike_smith: a change log since last release
17:32:46 [jjcscribe]
danc: maybe two lists bigger changes and minor changes
17:33:56 [jjcscribe]
discussion of spelling corrections typos etc
17:35:23 [jjcscribe]
danc: If any bytes change then a msg must come to the WG
17:35:56 [jjcscribe]
jimh: if many documents then leave it alone or put something to the WG
17:37:07 [jjcscribe]
danc: if the reply can be of the form "does this section of the spec answer your question?"
17:37:15 [jjcscribe]
danc: then do it, if not don't
17:37:59 [jjcscribe]
jimh: chairs might reply
17:38:29 [jjcscribe]
jimh: chairs might fix and close issues without any bytes changing
17:39:46 [jjcscribe]
danc asked mcguiness are you well-equipped to handle comments?
17:39:51 [jjcscribe]
mcguiness: yes
17:39:59 [jjcscribe]
mike-smith: yes
17:40:03 [jjcscribe]
mike-dean: yes
17:42:23 [DanC]
webreq@w3.org cc connolly@w3.org
17:42:33 [jjcscribe]
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/open-issues?ml=public-webont-comments&range=1&realm=Public
17:42:39 [jjcscribe]
Danc presents issue tracker
17:43:06 [jjcscribe]
For now mailing list URIs are the issue identifiers
17:46:07 [jjcscribe]
danc makes case for process
17:47:09 [jjcscribe]
jimh: connolly will be enforcer
17:48:31 [jjcscribe]
pfps: editors drafts
17:48:58 [jjcscribe]
danc: we want review of last call documents, not an editors draft
17:50:08 [jjcscribe]
danc: we can have editors drafts if we take appropriate care
17:51:05 [jjcscribe]
discussion of whetehr WG webpage points to editors draft
17:51:50 [jjcscribe]
mcguiness I would like reviewers to see editors draft
17:51:56 [jjcscribe]
danc: no the right doc is the LC draft
17:52:10 [jjcscribe]
mike_smith: guide
17:52:30 [jjcscribe]
(no issue)
17:53:10 [jjcscribe]
jjc: test cases is an exception
17:53:48 [jjcscribe]
pfps: there is a risk with any link from the homepage
17:54:24 [jjcscribe]
mike_smith: the editors draft should say on second line beneath title - don't read this, read the LC
17:56:36 [jjcscribe]
Discussion of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/
17:57:53 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: all-editors Add second line to editors draft.
17:58:18 [jjcscribe]
Yes I will exapnd in the minutes
17:59:14 [jjcscribe]
Early comments should be resent
17:59:37 [DanC]
in a pinch, it's OK for WG memebers to forward outstanding comments on behalf of commentors
18:02:19 [jjcscribe]
DanC: WG should sent comments to the WG list not the comment list
18:02:42 [jjcscribe]
JimH: we do want to hear of bugs from WG members
18:03:11 [jjcscribe]
jimh: to WG list
18:03:45 [jjcscribe]
3.0 BRIEF Discussion of reworking of Guide for "cultural" issues
18:05:09 [jjcscribe]
ACTION mike-smith use more of the food examples in the text, and fewer wine examples
18:05:48 [jjcscribe]
s/fewer/to augment/
18:06:14 [jjcscribe]
mcguiness: ontologies will not change
18:06:22 [jjcscribe]
smith: replacements will be identical constructs
18:09:24 [jjcscribe]
action jeffh change firstname/lastname to email in requirements
18:09:30 [jjcscribe]
Adjourned
18:09:32 [timfinin]
timfinin has left #webont
18:10:12 [Zakim]
-Mike_Smith
18:10:15 [Zakim]
-finin
18:10:16 [Zakim]
-heflin
18:10:16 [Zakim]
-pfps
18:10:17 [Zakim]
-Leo
18:10:17 [Zakim]
-jjc
18:10:20 [Zakim]
-jimH
18:10:21 [Zakim]
-Ian_Horrocks
18:10:25 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
18:10:27 [Zakim]
-DanC
18:10:28 [Zakim]
-herman
18:10:29 [Zakim]
-McGuiness
18:10:30 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended
19:29:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webont