IRC log of webont on 2003-02-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:59:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
16:59:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webont
16:59:33 [guus]
guus has joined #webont
16:59:42 [jhendler]
zakim, this is Web_Ontology
16:59:44 [Zakim]
sorry, jhendler, I do not see a conference named 'Web_Ontology'
16:59:52 [guus]
jim, I made it in time
17:00:03 [jhendler]
hi guus, glad you got here
17:00:06 [pfps]
zakim, ??P1 is pfps
17:00:07 [Zakim]
sorry, pfps, I do not recognize a party named '??P1'
17:00:22 [jjc]
zakim, who's on the call?
17:00:23 [pfps]
zakim, ??p1 is pfps
17:00:23 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I don't know what conference this is
17:00:24 [Zakim]
sorry, pfps, I do not recognize a party named '??p1'
17:00:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see guus, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, baget, jjc, Raphael, pfps, logger
17:00:36 [jhendler]
zakim doesn't know which call we are yet
17:00:57 [pfps]
zakim, this is webont
17:00:58 [Zakim]
ok, pfps
17:01:05 [pfps]
zakim, ??p1 is pfps
17:01:06 [Zakim]
+Pfps; got it
17:01:15 [jjc]
zakim, who's on the call?
17:01:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P12, Pfps, [UMD]
17:01:20 [Zakim]
+??P35
17:01:22 [Zakim]
+Tim_Finin
17:01:23 [Zakim]
+Evan_Wallace
17:01:26 [Zakim]
+??P36
17:01:32 [jjc]
Zakim, ??p12 is Jeremy.
17:01:33 [Zakim]
+Jeremy.; got it
17:01:35 [jhendler]
zakim, [umd] is JimH
17:01:36 [Zakim]
+JimH; got it
17:01:39 [jjc]
zakim, who's on the call?
17:01:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps (muted), JimH, ??P35, Tim_Finin, Evan_Wallace, ??P36
17:01:41 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p36 is raphael
17:01:43 [Zakim]
+Raphael; got it
17:01:55 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p35 is JeffH
17:01:56 [Zakim]
+JeffH; got it
17:02:01 [Zakim]
+??P37
17:02:04 [guus]
zakim, ??p36 Guus
17:02:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??p36 Guus', guus
17:02:12 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p37 is Jerome
17:02:13 [Zakim]
+Jerome; got it
17:02:18 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here
17:02:20 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
17:02:20 [Zakim]
jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
17:02:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Tim_Finin, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome
17:02:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see guus, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, baget, jjc, Raphael, pfps, logger
17:02:58 [Zakim]
+Ian_Horrocks
17:03:13 [Zakim]
+PatH
17:03:46 [jjc]
zakim, who's on the call?
17:03:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Tim_Finin, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH
17:03:48 [Zakim]
+??P41
17:03:49 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
17:03:50 [IanH]
IanH has joined #webont
17:03:51 [seanb]
seanb has joined #webont
17:04:02 [jjc]
zakim, help.
17:04:03 [Zakim]
Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot for more detailed help.
17:04:03 [jhendler]
zakim, Tim_Finin is Guus
17:04:05 [Zakim]
Some of the commands I know are:
17:04:06 [Zakim]
xxx is yyy - establish yyy as the name of unknown party xxx
17:04:08 [Zakim]
if yyy is 'me' or 'I', your nick is substituted
17:04:09 [Zakim]
xxx may be yyy - establish yyy as possibly the name of unknown party xxx
17:04:12 [Zakim]
I am xxx - establish your nick as the name of unknown party xxx
17:04:13 [Zakim]
xxx holds yyy [, zzz ...] - establish xxx as a group name and yyy, etc. as participants within that group
17:04:15 [Zakim]
xxx also holds yyy - add yyy to the list of participants in group xxx
17:04:15 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:17 [Zakim]
who's here? - lists the participants on the phone
17:04:20 [Zakim]
who's muted? - lists the participants who are muted
17:04:22 [Zakim]
mute xxx - mutes party xxx (such that 60# will not work)
17:04:23 [Zakim]
unmute xxx - reverses the effect of "mute" and of 61#
17:04:25 [Zakim]
is xxx here? - reports whether a party named like xxx is present
17:04:26 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p41 is herman
17:04:28 [Zakim]
list conferences - reports the active conferences
17:04:29 [Zakim]
this is xxx - associates this channel with conference xxx
17:04:31 [Zakim]
excuse us - disconnects from the irc channel
17:04:32 [Zakim]
I last learned something new on $Date: 2002/11/10 01:20:17 $
17:04:34 [jjc]
zakim, who's on the call?
17:04:34 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
17:04:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Guus, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH, Mike_Dean, ??P41
17:04:39 [Zakim]
+Marwan_Sabbouh
17:04:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see seanb, IanH, guus, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, baget, jjc, Raphael, pfps, logger
17:04:42 [Zakim]
+Herman; got it
17:04:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Guus, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH, Mike_Dean, Herman, Marwan_Sabbouh
17:05:11 [mdean]
mdean has joined #webont
17:05:21 [Zakim]
+LynnT
17:05:23 [jhendler]
regrets DanC (at TAG meeting)
17:05:51 [hth]
hth has joined #webont
17:06:02 [Zakim]
+??P46
17:06:16 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p46 is DebMcG
17:06:18 [Zakim]
+DebMcG; got it
17:06:39 [Zakim]
+??P48
17:06:46 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
17:06:51 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p48 is ruediger
17:06:52 [Zakim]
+Ruediger; got it
17:07:00 [jhendler]
zakim, [ibm] is ChrisW
17:07:01 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
17:07:22 [guus]
guus has joined #webont
17:07:44 [DeborahMc]
DeborahMc has joined #webont
17:07:55 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
17:07:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Guus, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH, Mike_Dean, Herman, Marwan_Sabbouh, LynnT, DebMcG, Ruediger, ChrisW
17:07:56 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
17:07:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DeborahMc, guus, hth, mdean, seanb, IanH, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, baget, jjc, Raphael, pfps, logger
17:08:27 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:08:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Guus, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH, Mike_Dean, Herman, Marwan_Sabbouh, LynnT, DebMcG, Ruediger, ChrisW
17:08:30 [Raphael]
Attendants: Jeremy., Pfps, JimH, JeffH, Guus, Evan_Wallace, Raphael, Jerome, Ian_Horrocks, PatH, Mike_Dean, Herman, Marwan_Sabbouh, LynnT, DebMcG, Ruediger, ChrisW
17:08:52 [Raphael]
regrets:
17:08:58 [Raphael]
see list
17:10:21 [jhendler]
zakim, suggest a scribe
17:10:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'suggest a scribe', jhendler
17:10:28 [jhendler]
zakim, pick a scribe
17:10:30 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Pfps
17:10:39 [jhendler]
zakim, pick a scribe
17:10:41 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Jerome
17:10:53 [jhendler]
zakim, pick a scribe
17:10:55 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose DebMcG
17:11:04 [jhendler]
zakim, pick a scribe
17:11:06 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Ruediger
17:11:16 [jhendler]
zakim, pick a scribe
17:11:18 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose JeffH
17:11:35 [Raphael]
next scribe is jeffh
17:11:47 [jhendler]
next chair is guus
17:11:49 [Raphael]
guus is chair next week
17:15:53 [Raphael]
no only wine to guide people
17:19:46 [Raphael]
Note: We will hold editors meeting on tuesday
17:20:02 [Raphael]
open to all WG members
17:20:03 [jhendler]
note: open to all members of the WG who wish to attend
17:24:49 [seanb]
seanb has joined #webont
17:25:16 [guus]
deb, link to tech plenary is in on page for March 6-7 meeting
17:26:29 [DeborahMc]
ok - followed that to: http://www.w3.org/2002/10/allgroupoverview.html
17:27:08 [DeborahMc]
which has an agenda for the last plenary day (and i am guessing will have an agenda for march 5 sometime
17:27:11 [DeborahMc]
thx
17:34:17 [jhendler]
discussion of Raphael's review of RDF Schema document
17:34:36 [jhendler]
Issue raised with section 4 - is it undercontrained? Does it affect OWL?
17:35:34 [jhendler]
raphael - the underspecification can allow multiple intepretations
17:35:46 [jhendler]
pat - use, not interpretation
17:35:57 [jhendler]
raphael - so doesn't that mean we have multiple semantics?
17:41:42 [Zakim]
+??P2
17:42:13 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p2 is yasser
17:42:14 [Zakim]
+Yasser; got it
17:43:40 [Zakim]
+??P3
17:43:50 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p3 is jos
17:43:51 [Zakim]
+Jos; got it
17:43:54 [baget]
I voluneer to review RDF conept
17:45:12 [Raphael]
ACTION:; Francois RDF concepts doc review
17:45:15 [jhendler]
herman reports on review of RDF Semantics - no major problems, will send to WG soon.
17:45:22 [Raphael]
agenda item 4
18:14:24 [Raphael]
ACTION Jeremy: Propose Resolution for changing mapping rules to handle "strong typing"
18:14:37 [Raphael]
to list till next telcon
18:14:58 [Raphael]
ACTION: Send draft on document for concrete syntax to Peter by Monday (Jemery)
18:15:15 [Raphael]
ACTION; Pat Various Properties clarify
18:15:40 [Raphael]
ACTION: Pat to propose a resoultion prior to next weeks telecon
18:16:32 [jhendler]
JimH makes lots of unveiled warnings that we have to move to LC as soon as possible
18:16:48 [jhendler]
Pat: are you saying risking a 2nd LC is better than risking not moving fast enough??
18:16:57 [jhendler]
JimH: Absolutely!!
18:17:59 [jhendler]
discussion of semantic problems with annotations
18:22:08 [jjc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0299.html
18:28:08 [Raphael]
PPS: Calls for Motion to adjurn
18:28:49 [DeborahMc]
i just received slides from ray fergeson on protege from the f2f and i will forward to chairs
18:30:16 [Raphael]
ACTION: Jeremy propose resolution for annotation semantics
18:30:43 [Zakim]
-Jeremy.
18:32:59 [Zakim]
-Marwan_Sabbouh
18:34:20 [jjc]
RESOLVED: publish Reference as a WD
18:34:31 [jhendler]
RESOLVED: to publish OVERVIEW as a WD
18:34:57 [Zakim]
-Evan_Wallace
18:35:03 [DeborahMc]
Overview has also been sent to massimo
18:35:04 [Zakim]
-Yasser
18:35:06 [Zakim]
-JeffH
18:35:07 [Zakim]
-Ruediger
18:35:08 [Zakim]
-Jerome
18:35:15 [Zakim]
-LynnT
18:35:16 [Zakim]
-Ian_Horrocks
18:35:18 [Zakim]
-Herman
18:35:21 [Zakim]
-Guus
18:36:07 [Zakim]
-DebMcG
18:47:10 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
18:47:18 [jhendler]
RRSAgent, bye
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items:
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ; Francois RDF concepts doc review [1]
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-webont-irc#T17-45-12
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeremy to Propose Resolution for changing mapping rules to handle "strong typing" [2]
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-webont-irc#T18-14-24
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Send draft on document for concrete syntax to Peter by Monday (Jemery) [3]
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-webont-irc#T18-14-58
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Pat to propose a resoultion prior to next weeks telecon [4]
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-webont-irc#T18-15-40
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeremy propose resolution for annotation semantics [5]
18:47:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-webont-irc#T18-30-16
18:47:30 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone
18:47:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', ChrisW