fixed value attributes
- Raised by:
- Paul Downey
- Opened on:
I've seen the following pattern in several vertical schemas: <xs:attribute fixed="..." /> Databindings generated from this pattern typically generate a property with the 'fixed' value assigned as a default value. No validation takes place at runtime and the application is able to assert (and therefore send) different values. I'm wondering if our advice for the fixed length of an array (ISSUE-32) applies here - that in general databinding tools don't perform validation. This seems to be also related to ISSUE-13/ISSUE-14.
- Related emails:
- ISSUE-46: fixed value attributes (from email@example.com on 2006-05-05)
- Agenda: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 8 August 2006 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-08-07)
- Agenda: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 22 August 2006 (from email@example.com on 2006-08-21)
- Agenda: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 5 September 2006 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-09-03)
- Minutes: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding F2F 5th-6th October 2006 (from email@example.com on 2006-10-07)
2006-10-05: closed as a Basic pattern, it works with tools and allows developers to do the right thing, but in many tools doesn't populate the property with a default value or fix the value.