schema version and ID attributes as a basic pattern
- Raised by:
- Paul Downey
- Opened on:
A number of standard schemas in the wild use the schema element version and ID attribute to provide versioning information. Whilst neither of these attributes provide standard semantics, they don't seem to be the source of any interoperability issues being ignored by most, if not all, current databinding tools. Proposal allow xs:schema/@version and xs:schema/@id as an optional Basic patterns with the design consideration "these attributes carry no particular semantics with regards to databinding".
- Related emails:
- ISSUE-42: schema version and ID attributes as a basic pattern (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-05-04)
- Agenda: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 9 May 2006 (from email@example.com on 2006-05-05)
- Minutes from XML Schema Patterns for Databinding call 9 May 2006 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-05-09)
- Re: Minutes from XML Schema Patterns for Databinding call 9 May 2006 (from email@example.com on 2006-05-10)
- ISSUE-88: id attribute (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-11-06)
No additional notes.