Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 18 October 2005
1. Role Call
Abbie, Charlton, Gary, Greg, Steve, Yves, Monica
2. Confirm scribe
3. Agenda Changes
4. Minutes of last meeting
27th September 2005
5. Action item review
1. ACTION: for the group to review on the latest CDL editors draft
2. NEW ACTION: SRT will send urls to all docs to WG
3. NEW ACTION: Editors to make change for first proposal as per proposal in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Sep/0015.html
4. NEW ACTION: Editors to make change for Yves proposal as above
5. NEW ACTION: Nick to ask Martin on F2F and Oracle in London
6. NEW ACTION: SRT to check Brighton as venue
1. ACTION: SRT to check Brighton as venue
2. NEW ACTION: Editors to update status section to change date to 31st Dec 05
3. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 2nd para of 1.5 as agreed 27/9
4. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 5.5 to as agreed 27/9
5. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 6.2.3, as agreed 27/9
6. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 6.7, to chang the first two perfoms as agreed 27/9
7. NEW ACTION: Editors to update section 2, activitiy and ordering bullet points, as agreed 27/9
8. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 2nd para of 1.5 as agreed 27/9
9. NEW ACTION: Editors: In 4.3 the first paragraph is in italic, change to normal font.
10. NEW ACTION: Editors to change 4.3 as agreed 27/9
11. NEW ACTION: Editors lowercase the SHOULD in 3.2 as agreed 27/9.
12. NEW ACTION: add new issue to discuss mutual commitement in the Primer.
13. NEW ACTION: Editors to update the snapshot to use the must/must not wording for relinquishing control from 18th aug
14. NEW ACTION: Editors: In 4.4, insert bullets in front of once, distrinct, shared
15. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 4.4 as agreed 27/9.
16. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 4.4 to add MUST to passing attribute, as agreed 27/9.
17. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 5.2 to add MUST NOT to mutable attribute, as agreed 27/9.
18. NEW ACTION: Editors to update 5.4 to remove "with" from end of sentence.
6. Candidate Recommendation
Status report (Yves)
Yves: Process document: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/
SRT: Call was at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-chor/2005Oct/0002.html
Yves: Done in 2 steps. First ready and issue transition request. Secondly chairs + Yves in telcon with director to confirm CR criteria is met.
Yves: When we get the ok we transition to CR and we call for implementation of the spec.
Yves: We also have to clear patent statements that have not been sorted out.
Steve: asks for volunteers for primer work.
Steve: Work needs to be divided between creating CDL fragments and copy-editing.
Charlton: Steve, I'm still committed to my share of the examples
Steve: To provide a plan to present to group for next week.
Charlton: What is the process for rechartering or extending our existing charter
Abbie: asks about rechartering. Asks if we can double check on patent policy.
Yves: Suggests no change to policy just an extension with primer published as a note.
Yves: we need to publish first version of primer before December.
Charlton: It would be preferrable to not to recharter as that will incur considerable procedural overhead for some of us
Steve: Will put target first date for w.draft for December
8. Next F2F
12th/13th Dec in London at Oracle's offices
Main topics - implementations and primer
NEW ACTION: Steve to do plan for primer
NEW ACTION: Steve to sort out venue and hotels with Oracle (ask Jeff)
Oracle London is at: One South Place, EC2M 2RB
Nearest to the Moorgate Tube Station
Steve: presented at http://www.nettab.org/2005/
Steve: noted that Kohei et al will be sending us a paper on global and end point calculus.
Charlton: I'll present a tutorial on CDL at ECOWS 2005 in Sweden next month - it w/b great to mention Kohei's work at this
Abbie: Nortel gave presentation on CDL usage for telcoms at http://www.parlay.org/en/news/pastevents.asp#oct2005
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
1. ACTION: Steve to do plan for primer
2. ACTION: Steve to sort out venue and hotels with Oracle (ask Jeff)