Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 22 February 2005

1. Role Call
Tony Fletcher (Choreology), Steve Ross-Talbot (Co-Chair - Enigmatec), Gary Brown (Enigmatec), Greg Ritzinger (Novell), Abbie Barbir (Nortel), Martin Chapman (Co-Chair - Oracle), Nickolas Kavantzas & Jeff Mischkinsky (Oracle), Monica Martin (Sun), Anders Tell (UN/CEFACT TMG vice-chair, Toolsmiths, Sweden), Charlton Barreto (webMethods), Yves Lafon (W3C staff).

irc log at http://www.w3.org/2004/02/22-ws-chor-irc

2. Confirm scribe
Scribe:  Tony agreed to scribe.

3. Agenda Changes
The agenda was agreed. 
The notes for the teleconference held 15 February 2005 were agreed. 
It was noted that exit criteria should be discussed next week at the face-to-face meeting. 

4. Approve minutes

        15th February Approved

5. Action item review
1. ACTION: Martin to do UML diagram from scratch for CDL

2. ACTION: Chairs to ensure proper documentation and tracing of decisions for resolved issues,
and to inform the submitters. 
This is a continuing action.  It was agreed to remove now and mark as DONE as the process is working.

3. ACTION on Gary to follow-up with issuer Kohei on issue 1101
4. ACTION on Gary to follow-up with issuer (Kohei) on issue 1102
Gary thinks that Kohei was ill last week, but this action is IN PROGRESS.

5. ACTION: to the chairs to figure out what are the WSDL's exit criteria.
The chairs have discovered that the Web Service Description Language group exit criteria have not been defined yet.  It was agreed to liaise with that group next week at the W3C Technical Plenary.  Mark as DONE.

6. ACTION: Yves to look into hosting around the June AC meeting.
Yves said yes he can get a room in Sofia Antipolis, and requested that the group let him know the dates that they wanted.  DONE.

Martin suggested that we accept this offer and just decide precise dates later. 
Nick said that he wanted to avoid the 6 - 8th June, 2005 as there was a conference in Eindhoven, The Netherlands that he wished to attend on those dates.  Abbie pointed out that WS-I were meeting in Europe the following week (week of 13th June, 2005) and he would like to be able to combine the trips.  After some discussion the favoured dates seem to be 1, 2, 3 June or 9, 10 June.  It was agreed to ask people to e-mail dates they could do/prefer and make a choice of the dates at the face-to-face next week. 

6. Face 2 Face Planning
It was agreed to make sure that the exit criteria are on the agenda and also to add in the priorities agreed at this meeting.

There will be a dial in facility and this information will be circulated.
ACTION:  Chairs to ensure that dial in information for the F2F is circulated to group members.
ACTION:  Chairs to insure the consideration of the exit criteria for the group is on the agenda for next week's face-to-face meeting. 

7. Issues Triage
All done

8. Issues requiring discussion
This was all about prioritisation of the issues requiring discussion.

Of the new ones registered in Bugzilla 1128 and 1129 are from the document and require discussion, the other 2 that still require assigning are Kohei's, and Gary is seeking clarification on the substance of those. 

Martin explained that all last call comments must be resolved though this does not mean solving all of them - some may be closed with no change to the specification. 

Charlton (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0022.html), Gary/Steve (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0018.html), Oracle (Martin - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0019.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0020.html), Sun (Monica - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0021.html) and Abbie (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Feb/0023.html) have submitted mails with suggested priorities.

Several of the issues gave rise to some debate as to what their priority marking should be.  In these cases a vote was taken on one vote per company basis.  The table below records the majority verdict but not the details of the polling.

To see more detail on any bug go to   http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=  adding the bug number after the equals sign.

Key: P1=high priority,  P2=medium priority,  P3=low priority 

Issue Number	Priority	Comment
999 	P2	agreed after some debate and a poll. 
1001	P1	
1003	P2	
1004 	P1	combine resolution with 1100 and 1005 all P1
1007	P2	
1008	P1	
1039	P1	may be linked with the exit criteria as well
1099	P2	
1108	P1	
1110	P1	
1126	P2	unanimous
1128	P1	unanimous
1129 	*	closed no change to a specification see below.
1079 	P2	
967	P3	
968	P3	Yves offered to provide a solution 
971	P3	
973 	P3 	combine resolution with that for 1074 as both are related to extensibility text.
996*	P3	
998	P3	
1000	P3	
1002	P3	
1006	P3	
1023	P3	
1074	P3	
1075	P3	
1092	P3	
1026	P1	related to 1101 - solving 1101 should also solve 1026 and 1027
1027	P1	
1018	P3	
1055	?	Not sure what happened to this one.

* 1129 Tony said that although Choreology would very much like to see the ability to extend choreographies included, they had regretfully come to the conclusion that it would require too much work both within Choreology and within the group to arrive at a watertight and agreeable proposal in reasonable time for version 1.  We in Choreology now therefore had to view this as a version 2 feature, although of course we would be very supportive if someone else were able to make a proposal.  Reluctantly others agreed with this conclusion and so it was agreed to close this issue with no change to the specification. 
*996 ACTION: Tony to respond to Arthur Ryman and Kevin Liu e-mails on multiple response messages in WSDL 2.0

In general the idea is to talk about the P1 issues first at the face-to-face meeting next week, but the chairs will also try to work in some others that look easy to solve.  Martin and Steve also emphasised that they needed proposals to solve all of these issues. 

9. AOB
No other business was raised except to observe that there are currently 9 Priority 1 issues identified:
1001	P1
1004 	P1
1008	P1
1026	P1
1027	P1
1039	P1
1108	P1
1110	P1
1128	P1

10. Next meeting
Teleconferences are normally held every Tuesday at 8 pm UTC next one 8th March 2005.

Planning for around four face-to-face meetings a year, maybe less in 2005.  Next to be with the W3C Plenary 28 Feb- 1 March 2005 and a subsequent one early June 05 in Sophia Antipolis to wrap up on specification, primer and any other matters.