Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 25 January 2005

Roll Call
Tony Fletcher (Choreology), Steve Ross-Talbot (Co-Chair - Enigmatec), Gary Brown (Enigmatec), Greg Ritzinger (Novell), Abbie Barbir (Nortel), Martin Chapman (Co-Chair - Oracle), Monica Martin (Sun), Yves Lafon (W3C staff).  Anders Tell (UN/CEFACT TMG vice-chair joined towards the end).
Regrets: Nickolas Kavantzas (Oracle)


irc log at http://www.w3.org/2005/01/25-ws-chor-irc

Scribe:  Tony agreed to scribe.

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2005Jan/att-0027/agenda_20050125.txt


Approved minutes for 18th January 2005 teleconference 


1.  Chairs to make exit and implementation criteria proposal for the group.

2.  Martin to do UML diagram from scratch for CDL

3.  Chairs to send out requests to review the CDL specification to:
    Greg Meredith, JJ Dubray, Jeanne Baker, Yaron Golan
DONE, and replies received from Yaron Goland, who said he would like to comment but will be too busy until the end of February, Jean-Jacques Dubray and Greg Meredith both have of whom promised to comment.  No reply has been received from Jeanne Baker yet.  It was noted comments may come in after the end of January 05 and we will need to decide how to handle these.  Similarly it is known that Kohei Honda is working on comments which may, or may not, make the end of January deadline and again if they do not we will need to decide how to handle.

4.  Chairs to ensure proper documentation and tracing of decisions for resolved issues, and to inform the submitters.

Last call issues

New Action 1: Martin to add sub categories to last call comments in Bugzilla, such as editorial

1014	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1014 
participantType – Editorial.It was noted that Tony has raised related issues previously.

1015	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1015 
Editorial - remove word ‘type’?  Check schema.

1016	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1016
Link to 1015.  Editorial as well. 

1017	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1017
Editorial.  Change title of subsection to match content. 

1018	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1018
Leave open for present and consider adding a note in the document saying it is a notational choice. 

1019	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1019
Duplicate of 1018.

1020	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1020
Depends on the 1018 – editorial.

1021	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1021
Depends on the 1018 – editorial.

1022	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1022
Depends on the 1018 – editorial.

1023	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1023
Requires technical discussion and/or justification. 

1024	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1024
Treat as editorial but for special review by the group. 

1025	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1025
Editorial - text for review by group. Insert a definition for reference type. 

1026	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1026
Requires technical discussion.

1027	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1027
Requires technical discussion.

1028	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1028

1029	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1029
Editorial - rephrase.Gary raised a separate point that the function could be different. Gary has raised as a separate issue - link to Gary's issue on the same function.

1030	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1029
Editorial - similar to 1029.

1031	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1031
Editorial - similar to 1029.

1032	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1032
Editorial - similar to 1029.

1033	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1033
Editorial - add reference to definition/description of alignment. Clarify this definition. After discussion it was agreed to mark as resolved will not fix as a definition is in fact provided. 

1034	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1034
Editorial for review - add a footnote on these global functions (and maybe also address in the primer). 

1035	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1035
Editorial refer back and add statement in 2.4 .2.

1036	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1036
Duplicate of 1035 

1037	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1037
Editorial - typos. 

1038	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1038
Accepted - need an example. 

1039	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1039
Requires technical discussion - conformance. 

1053	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1053
Open - fill out section 7 on relationship to addressing - also tackle in primer. 

1054	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1054

1055	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1055
Open - remove the create new ID () function unless reason for use can be provided? 

New Action 2:  Steve to collect up the issues requiring discussion.

Steve suggested to we start discussing issues on the next call.  We will also need to triages any last call comments that have come in after this meeting. 


Anders Tell introduced himself as he had just joined the call towards the end.  He is now aware of the proper start time and will try to attend meetings in future.  He said he worked for his own company, Toolsmiths, in Sweden, but was attending in the role of vice-chair of the UN/CEFACT TMG (Techniques and Methods Group).  He described the work of TMG and particularly the fact that they were working on tools for electronic business.  They planned to work more with other bodies including ISO, OMG, W3C, OASIS, etc., as they wish to adopt useful tools and only specify their own where there are none suitable available or becoming available from elsewhere.  Anders said that they were interested in understanding WS-Choreography and particularly its application to the business domain of problems.

Teleconferences are normally held every Tuesday at 8 pm UK time  next one 1st February 2005.

Planning for around four face-to-face meetings a year, maybe less in 2005.  Next to be with the W3C Plenary 28 Feb- 1 March or 3 &4 March 2005 and perhaps a subsequent one in June 05 to wrap up on specification, primer and any other matters.

Summary of New Actions:

New Action 1: Martin to add sub categories to last call comments in Bugzilla, such as editorial

New Action 2:  Steve to collect up the issues requiring discussion.