Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 14 December 2004
IRC Log at http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-ws-chor-irc#T20-14-39
Roll Call: Steve Ross-Talbot, Martin Chapman, Tony Fletcher, Abbie Barbir, Greg Ritzinger, Nick Kavanzas, Gary Brown, Yves Lafon, Charlton Barreto
Scribe: Steve Ross-Talbot
ACTION: SRT will provide a summary of issues and recommendation
RESOLUTION: All minutes approved
Last Call Status:
Current cdl version is at http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/chor/4/12/wd/cdl.html
Yves gave a report on status. Yves has the pen and is working toward a Working Draft as precursor to LC
Should be ready for publication before the 20th December deadline
Yves: Maybe problem with a picture in word doc
Tony: Yes there was a change to a picture and Nick may have that drawing.
Yves: Will send email to Nick for picture.
Action Item Review:
1. ACTION: Martin to produce 'punt' text.
2. ACTION: Boolean resolution: tony to clarify the text if possible
3. ACTION: editors to add support to wsdl 1.1 in section 1.4 as constrained with ws-i basic profile for compatibility
4. ACTION: editors to change the text to add variables of the same name and clarify the text, variable names that are same can be shared within a participants with different roles
5. ACTION: editors to fold in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Oct/0042.html - "Revised Proposal on a WS-CDL supplied Duration timeout function" into working draft
6. ACTION: adopt Peter's proposal, incorporate into the editor's draft
7. ACTION: Peter to redraft proposal 5 as amended (AMENDMENT 2), change the schema as agreed; editors to incorporate amended text from Peter into spec
8. ACTION: Peter to consolidate the rules in proposal 4
9. ACTION: On Editors- add a note to the LC doc regarding extending choreographies proposal to the status section: indicating that we are working on this proposal, it is not finalized as of yet, and we do not believe it will have a major impact on the architecture
10. ACTION: insert the finalize complete paragraph at the end of the lifeline section; editorial to roll this into the text
11. ACTION: Editors to update Section 2.4.5 isolation='true', default is false. See notes for more details.
12. ACTION: Reword the semantics of isolation=true. "Changes to the variable information MUST only be visible after the choreography has completed."
13. ACTION: Editors to insert in new section of last call issues: Due to a lack of clarity in existing XML specifications, we are unable at this time to recommend an approach for accessing and modifying members of lists and arrays.
14. ACTION: Yves to send irc transcript to the wg ML
15. ACTION: martin to create last call categories form issues
16. ACTION: Chairs to make exit and implementation criteria proposal for the group
17. ACTION: Bob to change "silent fault" to "exception", change
... the first line to say "...the coordination mechanism will
... throw an exception to roles which have not detected an
18. ACTION: Bob to make this correction
19. ACTION: editors to 'flip around' the last sentence of 1.3.2
20. ACTION: editors to delete 2. globalizedTrigger() paragraph
... and align 3. in proposal 1
21. ACTION: editors to implement the above text (from abbie)
22. ACTION Gary to raise issue requesting clarification.
23.ACTION: Charleton will author a paragraph to replace the one Martin objects to in the spec. It will be insterted as new section after relationship to reliability
24. ACTION Change bullet on WSDL Rationale: Web Service descriptions only describe an aspect of a protocol, they do not provide a complete specification of a protocol. Change: "It defines the protocol and ..."
to "It defines the message set and ..."
25. ACTION Change fig 1.0 to reflect official name of BPEL specification
26. ACTION Change to: Security layer: ensures that exchanged information are not modified or forged in a verifiable manner and that parties can be authenticated
27. ACTION: Charlton to resubmit WS-Addressing language with the additional statement
28. ACTION: Yves (with SRT's help if needed) to get XInlcude text to Nick by 10:00am PST
29. ACTION: SRT to do word smithing (see email from Greg)
30. ACTION: Yves to investigate whether we can add "formerly of" for David's CommerceOne affiliation
31. ACTION: Yves to organize a call on friday 18h CET, 9am PST
Items 24, 26 and 27 were all DONE
Questions and Issues related to current draft:
SRT: Question: Who are current editors?
Current editors are:
Nickolas Kavantzas, Oracle
David Burdett, Commerce One
Gregory Ritzinger, Novell
Tony Fletcher, Choreology
Yves Lafon, W3C
It was noted that Tony was added as an editor for his sterling contributions
Tony's proposal (initial draft) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Nov/att-0081/2004-11-23_Contribution_to_WS-Chor_on_Primer_Outline.doc
gritzinger: Does it make sense to implement one of the WSA use cases in the primer?
Yves: Yes, it would be a good example
gritzinger: I started on one of them a while ago. Maybe its worth reviving.
Yves: Yep, as the example TF didn't really start
ACTION: SRT to draft initial sketch of primer with intro and table of contents and getting started for meeting 18th January 2005
Need to add UML diagram to Primer and need to get Martin to do this.
ACTION (OLD): Martin to do UML diagram from scratch for CDL
ACTION: (OLD ACTION) Martin to do UML diagram from scratch for CDL
Tony: I presume there are no editor meeting calls.
SRT/Yves: No reason to have them for the moment
MChapman: martin will be starting the uml diagram after xmas - or maybe during if he gets bored
The group thanks you MC!
ACTION: SRT will sort out issues and send recommendation
Action Item Summary
1. ACTION: martin to create last call categories form issues
2. ACTION: Chairs to make exit and implementation criteria proposal for the group
3. ACTION Change bullet on WSDL Rationale: Web Service descriptions only describe an aspect of a protocol, they do not provide a complete specification of a protocol. Change: "It defines the protocol and ..."
to "It defines the message set and ..."
4. ACTION Change to: Security layer: ensures that exchanged information are not modified or forged in a verifiable manner and that parties can be authenticated
5. ACTION: SRT to do word smithing (see email from Greg)
6. ACTION: SRT will provide a summary of issues and recommendation  recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-ws-chor-irc#T20-18-59-2
7. ACTION: SRT to draft initial sketch of primer with intro and table of contents and getting started for meeting 18th January 2005  recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-ws-chor-irc#T20-55-00
8. ACTION: (OLD ACTION) Martin to do UML diagram from scratch for CDL  recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-ws-chor-irc#T20-56-49
9. ACTION: SRT will sort out issues and send recommendation  recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/12/14-ws-chor-irc#T21-01-19