Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 7 December 2004


To review and process editorial comments from section from 2.5.3 to end of document comments will be relative to an ed draft delivered by cob pst on 3rd December.

Dec 3rd version at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Dec/att-0004/cdl_v1-editors-dec03-2004-XML-sent.pdf


Charlton Barreto scribed

IRC log at: http://www.w3.org/2004/12/07-ws-chor-irc

Roll Call:

Martin Chapman
Steve Ross-Talbot
Yves Lafon
Gary Brown
Nickolas Kavantzas
Greg Ritzinger
Charlton Barreto
Anthony Fletcher

Comments on document

 Gary's comment: Section 2.5.3 - Composing: Remove paragraph - "The OPTIONAL Choreography-Notation within the perform element....." - This is no longer relevant as this element has been removed.

Nick mentioned this is a pdf generation error and choreography-notaion is present in the syntax.

Agreed to leave as is.

Charltons proposal on ws-addressing: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Dec/0008.html

Steve is scribing until charlton has done. 

WS-Addressing text is the next proposal/change 
Charlton point out that key text is as follows: 

WS-Addressing can be used to convey the reference and correlation  
information for normalizing expanded channelVariable information into  
an uniform format that can be processed independently of transport or  

Proposed addition: WS-Addressing is still in rpogress and we shall review our requirements against any ongoing work in the WS-Addressing WG 
<Yves> +1

PROPOSAL from charlton above with amendment is adopted. 
<abbie> +1

Greg's comments reviewed: all editorial, accepted

Charlton's comments reviewed: except for addition of section 7 for WS-Addressing, all editorial

Section 7 additions: add a further statement as to the ongoing, fluid nature of WS-Addressing effort

ACTION: Charlton to resubmit WS-Addressing language with the additional statement

Yves to provide language w.r.t. XInclude for tomorrow

ACTION: Yves (with SRT's help if needed) to get XInlcude text to Nick by 10:00am PST 

Also waiting on SRT for some text.
 Clarifications for endpoint and global model
ACTION: SRT to do word smithing (see email from Greg) 

Tony's comments

Tony: explicitly allowing short-circuit evaluations of boolean conditions

SRT: Don't feel comfortable adding or changing things of this scale at this point - without more time to evaluate it

Agreed to move on from this item

Tony's next comment: Description of timeout functions - does not cover 'complete' condition
 Nick: Good catch - it was an oversight
Group agrees to the change

 Tony's next comment (#3): Add "If no finalizers..." to the end of Section 2.4.8
Group agrees to the change

Tony's comments at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Dec/0014.html

SRT's comments at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Dec/0013.html

Gary's comments at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Dec/0010.html

Tony's comment on section 2.4.8 re: enables/enabled
Group passes on this for now

Tony's comment on 2.4.10

SRT: Let's take this suggestion - moving the information to the primer
 who supports this suggestion?
SRT +1
Tony +1
Martin: Let's accept Tony's proposal

Tony's next comment: Update references to UDDI to refer to the OASIS specs
Group accepts the change

Tony's next question: ns prefixes for CDL elements
Harmonising for consistency

Martin: Any other comments?

Tony: Section 3, "Example" - leave it empty?

SRT: Yes, we agreed to leave it empty

 Martin: We need to update the list of editors
Martin: Based on the current active membership
Yves: Per W3C we don't remove editors
Yves: Should update reference to CommerceOne, but can retain David's name

ACTION: Yves to investigate whether we can add "formerly of" for David's CommerceOne affiliation

Tony: Nick, have we fixed the diagramme in section 1?
Nick: Yes - we have updated it

Martin: All editorial items to be closed by COB PST tomorrow.

Martin: Would like to see final document before it is released as a LC document

SRT: 10-15 minute call to review this
Martin: Meeting Friday to review this?

Yves: We can have statement from WG now 
ACTION: Yves to organize a call on friday 18h CET, 9am PST

 Martin: Post PDF and MS DOC to archives

 Chairs: Excellent work, all