Minutes WS Choreography WG conference call 5th October 2004
WS Choreography WG conference call
5th October 2004, 3PM EST, 12AM PST, 19h UTC, 20h BST, 21h MET,
1. Role Call
Peter Furniss, Gary Brown, Abbie Barbir, Greg Ritzinger,
Nickolas Kavantzas, Monica Martin, Charlton Barreto
2. Confirm Scribe
Steve Ross-Talbot scribed for the meeting
3. Approve Minutes
f2f minutes at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-chor/2004Oct/att-0001/F2FMins09282004_0.txt
SRT: I move to approve minutes next week.
4. Action item review
ACTION 1 - NO PROGRESS
ACTION 2 - DONE
ACTION 3 - DONE
ACTION 4 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 5 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 6 - IN PROGRESS
unless otherwise stated all are IN PROGRESS
ACTION 7 - DONE
ACTION 8 - DONE
ACTION 9 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 10 - IN NEED OF CLARIFICATION
ACTION 11 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 12 - DONE
ACTION 13 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 14 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 15 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 16 - DONE
ACTION 17 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 18 - DELETE
ACTION 19 - IN PROGRESS - for next week call
ACTION 20 - DONE
Monica's suggestion is in http://www.w3.org/2004/09/07-ws-chor-irc
ACTION 21 - IN PROGRESS
ACTION 22 - IN PROGRESS
5. WSDL and WS-CDL
Nick: Are u going to have specific text on WSDL? (to Charlton)
Charlton: Yes but nothing much changes in the text.
Nick: What about bindings?
Charlton: I'm looking into a proposal on F&P and compositors.
6. Issues Triarge
Issue 662 - still open. Looks like it might be addressed by David's proposal on templating (which has stalled) and maybe by proposal 6 from Choreology. Templated a pretty much dead due inactivity.
Issue 663: Need a UML overview in the specification.
ACTION: MC to produce UML model of WS-CDL for the editors to include in spec.
Issue 664: This takes precedence over 663. So in primer first then in spec after. Should not hold up LC.
Issue 665: Clarification from JJ on this issue.
Issue 665: RESOLVED WON'T FIX
Issue 678: FIXED based on monic's text above (see IRC ref)
Issue 682: Clarification:
Previous is The elements informationType, token, tokenLocator, roleType,
relationshipType, participantType and channelType are shared by all the
Choreographies defined within this Package.
Suggest editorial change is:
The elements informationType, token, tokenLocator, roleType, relationshipType,
participantType and channelType are shared as elements by all the Choreographies
defined within this Package.
Issue 683: Monica to provide proposal text ***target to close next week***
Issue 684: Suspended
Issue 684: Explicitly adding roles to variable defns. Requires a proposal to move fwd.
Issue 686: Resolved duplicate of banana calc.
Issue 687: Choreo with choreo are they dependent on each other.
ACTION: Monica to check if 687 has been resolved in latest draft
Issue 691: Locally defined variables ....
ACTION: SRT to check if 691 has been resolved.
Issue 692: Resolved FIXED
There being no AOB meeting was closed
Detail on ACTIONS:
ACTION 1: Take the TWIST example we're working on, add part of the flow what can go wrong, see what happens when things go wrong. We can see in front of us the choreography being executed, what we do today with current language, what we can do with transaction. Steve is starting to add exception handling. Nick and Steve have corresponded on "perform" which revealed some errors in the specification to be corrected.
ACTION 2: Editors to produce and publicize the list of changes made in the latest ED draft.
ACTION 3 (listed as 10): Raise the allowed isolation level of nested choreographies as an issue.
ACTION 4: Chairs to sort out examples work.
ACTION 5: Items related to time: Update the cdl one Charlton (has deadline reached, nick to clarify the semantic on the time functions).
ACTION 6: on martin to propose on text on clocks
ACTION 7: on Nick consider moving section 10 around
ACTION 8: Nick to add text describing record/align and the shorthand notation
ACTION 9: nick to clarify the text wrt not and or operators in guard conditions
ACTION 10: on the chairs to discuss part 2 of the specification. (??? what spec)
ACTION 11: Gary to demonstrate how a out-only pattern might be used in CDL (without no changes)
ACTION 12: Steve to draft a "letter" to WS-Desc WG
ACTION 13: Bob/Choreology to come back with a definitive proposal with editing instructions on PROPOSAL ONE
ACTION 14: above question (is finalizer role bound?) needs to be answered in a propsal on PROPOSAL FOUR
ACTION 15: Write up concrete proposal on PROPOSAL FIVE
ACTION 16: Greg to send the travel agent example to the group
ACTION 17: martin puts text for issue 885
ACTION 18: next confcall should deal with issue 868
ACTION 19: put issue 870 in the agenda for next con-call (time-boxed)
ACTION 20: greg to scavange from old minutes the UDDI/registry suggestion text that Monica contributed to the group? Then we need a small change of section 1, bullet UDDI
ACTION 21: propose a list of standard faults
ACTION 22: editors to insert at end of section 2.2.4 the following: