See also: IRC log
Present: Abbie Barbir, Assaf Arkin, Colleen Evans, Dave Orchard, David Booth, Daniel Austin, Dave Hollander, Dave Orchard, Eric_Newcomer, Frank McCabe, Geoff Arnold, Gerald Edgar, Hao He, Hugo Haas, Igor Sedukhin, Jeff Mischinsky, Katia Sycara, Martin Chapman, Mark Jones, Mike Champion, Roger Cutler, Ugo Corda Yinleng Husband
Regrets: Frank McCabe, Paul Denning, Shishir Garg, Scott Vorthmann, Suresh Damodaran, Tom Carroll, Zulah Eckert, Mike Brumbelow
Chair: Mike Champion
<hugo> mchampion, I noted something missing from your agenda: approval of old minutes listed at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-arch/2003Mar/0069.html
<mchampion> Thanks Hugo. I'll add that.
<Roger> WOW! IRC connection worked like lightning this time. Something changed dramatically.
<dbooth> doubg, you could register your phone number also: http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/info/name.php3
<Daniel> Greetings All
Minutes: no objections
Scribe: Old minutes rescued from Mikes hard drive: no objection to publishing them
<dbooth> Scribe: DaveH
Scribe: Next week - short call -- we will end at least 15 minutes early
<dbooth> zakim documentation: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
<mchampion> ACTION: Chairs to raise properties-features coordination between WSD and WSA
... on WSCG
... - done
<dbooth> ACTION: Chairs to raise properties-features coordination between WSD and WSA -- DONE
<mchampion> Chris to summarize WS-Policy spec for the list- pending
<dbooth> ACTION: Chris to summarize WS-Policy spec for the list -- PENDING
... ACTION: Don Mullen to send pointer to task force mailing list to WSA (WSD task force) -- PENDING
... ACTION: Editors to check Mark J's text following Scottsdale F2F for
... Editors to check Mark J's text following Scottsdale F2F for inclusion -- PENDING
... ACTION: Editors will reconcile terminology used with WSDL -- PENDING
... ACTION: Eric will close issue 21 -- PENDING
... ACTION: MikeC will work with Eric to make sure that Dave O's visibility resolution text is in the document -- DONE
... ACTION: Tom to open issues based on Mike's draft response to an issue raised by Mark Baker [Done, and Mike C. has sent resolution text]
... ACTION: Tom to open issues based on Mike's draft response to an issue raised by Mark Baker [Done, and Mike C. has sent resolution text] -- DONE
... ACTION: Chairs initiate contact wrt service descriptions and names -- DONE
... ACTION: Daniel, and the usual suspects will work on defining the
Scribe: IRC performance was outstanding today!
<dbooth> ACTION: Daniel, and the usual suspects will work on defining the relationship between messaging and description/choreog -- PENDING
... ACTION: David B will lead effort put the XMLized WSA doc into XMLSpec format -- DONE
... ACTION: DavidB will post the URL of the XMLized/refactored documnt when
... ACTION: DavidB will post the URL of the XMLized/refactored documnt when ready -- DONE
... ACTION: Hugo will look into W3C nickserver changes that may make IRC difficult -- DONE
... ACTION: Hugo will report next week on status of WS IG after discussion on
... WSCG [see agenda item #8]
Scribe: MEP definition is a limiation in defining sync/async. Geoff will work on both.
<dbooth> ACTION: Hugo will report next week on status of WS IG after discussion on WSCG [see agenda item #8] -- DONE
... ACTION: Team will follow up to see the IRC access is setup in advance by host companies -- DONE
Scribe: Actions - done
... Task Force Updates
<dbooth> ACTION: Tom Carroll to update issues list w/M. Baker's comments + resolved issues -- DONE
... ACTION: geoff and chrisf will noodle on their differences vis a vis synch/asynch and propose wording -- PENDING
Scribe: Security - Abbie reports that activity has taken place in defining the secuity architecture and relationship with ws-a from Igor
... Igor's document is being reviewed for inclusion in the WSA arch doc.
... MTF - Igor reports work progressing on creation of the two documents, one regarding issues and one a old section 3.2
... Portion to be incorporated into WSA need additional work, need to define how that effort will be coordinated.
... Eric, discussion with Heather identifed that she would take the lead in defining the text--however there needs to be more team effort on the section
<dbooth> ACTION: EricN to ensure that Arch doc status and schedule is communicated to the MTF
<dougb> CA security positioning URL - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2003Mar/att-0097/Security_Requirements_in_an_SOA__HTM_PNG_.zip
<Daniel> Above document is Igor's document referenced earlier in the discussion
<dougb> right, email is found at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2003Mar/0221.html
Scribe: MTF should develop working draft for inclusion into the WSA document.
<jeffm> that was me joining
<Daniel> Jeff joined, Dave
<Hao> Hao joined as well, Dave
Scribe: Properaties and Features TF - no report
... (scribe to take spelling lessons)
... Sync/async postponed to next week.
... F2F discussion
Scribe: currently 9 people have agreed to attend.
<dbooth> Current registration list: http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_special=listRegistrants&_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_200305
Scribe: REGISTER - http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_200305
... Chairs considering changing agenda, venue and structure based on expected participation.
... Chairs would like to make a final decision by April 10.
... To be considered: use of IRC, time differences, etc.
<Daniel> dbooth is lost in space :)
Scribe: Goals for the f2f :
<Daniel> LOL daniel is pretty sure of it
... Bloody ridiculous...nobody is going to get bombed on the way to France, or Hungary
Scribe: ACTION: chairs to decide and annouce by April 10.
... PLEASE - register or respond to thread now!
... ACTION: Chairs to decide by 12 PST Friday, 03.
... Personally, I would prefer to meet. We are trying to be considerate and responsible in considering changes.
<Daniel> Daniel rejoins after a short hiatus
<dbooth> Registration page: http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_200305
Scribe: Change of venue would require a change in schedule to accomodate the 8 weeks notice requirement
... The document has made significant progress. Sections have been assigned and deadline of the 20th set for first drafts.
... Eric would use the time between 20th and may 1 to resolved editoral and structural issues
... May 7, request publication - this is latest date to be done before the w3c AC Meeting
... This publication will help us catch up with heartbeat requirements.
... W3C process strongly encourages regular publication schedule.
... Would like to see us begin working through document establishing consensus.
... There seems to be consensus that we need to publish on or before May 7.
<geoff_a> Publish or perish......?
Scribe: Chairs hear no objection.
<dbooth> "the primary focus of the F2F is to get the document ready for publication"
Scribe: After the 7th, the wg will focus on creating final form of document at f2f and assign activites advance document to next state.
... NOTE - davebooth's focus is wrong, we will publish before f2f!
<geoff_a> which f2f are you referring to?
Scribe: Next f2f in France.
<dbooth> (yes, mine was wrong. please delete it)
<jeffm> i have to drop off - bye
Scribe: No the agenda has not be set. The statement is that the primary goal will be to advance the published document.
<geoff_a> "published document"? Surely "advance draft document with the objective of publication on date X"
<Daniel> Daniel has to leave, and asks Dave Booth to please clear the last agenda item at the end of the call
<ericn> Published meaning the next working draft.
Scribe: I must leave...daveb, can you finish scibing?
<Daniel> bfn, all
<dbooth> MikeC: JonathanMarsh gave pushback on adding P&F to the WS Arch doc, becuase it isn't proven.
... Hugo: In the P&F TF, are people talking about how P&F fit into the arch? They're an important part of Soap 1.2. So we'll have to integrate them into our work one way or another.
... MikeC: It's a feature in Soap
... ... So maybe we should let WSD noodle and track their progress, then incorporate what they've done into WSA.
... Ugo: Providing that info in a WSDL file is important. It's an important aspect of WSDL that hasn't been specified yet.
... ... Whether it should be part of a policy activity or something else is not what we should say. We shouldnt be prescribing who should do it.
... MikeC: Could WSDL use WS-Policy to do this?
... Ugo: It's a proprietary spec.
... DaveO: WSDL and WS-Policy have potential for interactoin.
... dbooth: What are the criteria for inclusion in WS Arch?
... EricN: Whether it makes sense as an arch element or core concept.
... Geoff: In a more natural arch, we'd want to express WSDL in a policy language anyway.
<dbooth> Hugo: We were going in the direction of a WS IG, with a subgroup focus on semantic WS.
... ... One obstacle was IPR, but I figured them out.
... ... Still need to figure out W3C resources. Hope to have a proposal out real soon.
<geoff_a> could whoever has music on please mute
<dbooth> ... The WS IG would allow people to address semantics (there is a group very interested in this), and there are others (including Mark Baker) interested in comparing WS to other arch styles (e.g., REST stuff), and that may lighted our mailing list.
... ... There is a mailing list, but this would put a formal frame around the list. It would have a chair and team contact.
... ... Joining an IG is done by joining a mailing list. So we probably won't use an existing list.
... Geoff: Where did this start? It first arose because a bunch of people interested in intelligent agents expressed interest.
... ... The desire was to bring together people from intel agents, semantics, WS and other things.
... ... But then there was discussion about other topics being added, and I raised flag about that.
... ... This can stand on its own.
... Roger: That's what I previously understood, and I don't think it should be diluted.