Internet Policy Formation (1/2)
"We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe
in rough consensus and running code." Clark.
- Open Participation ("We")
- citizen engineer: citizen is a contributor to her space (lists,
Web, MUD, FAQ)
- Consensus. ("... believe in rough consensus ...")
- is it good enough, does it merit moving on, are there show
- No Kings ("... reject kings, presidents and voting.")
- consensus mediated by Elders, citizen engineers who built the space
and institutions others inhabit.
- Running Code / Implementation ("... believe ... in running code.")
- all policy is tested by both its support and formulation through