IRC log of webont on 2002-10-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:02:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:53:54 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
15:54:07 [jjc]
Zakim, what's the number?
15:54:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jjc.
15:54:14 [jjc]
Zakim, help?
15:54:15 [Zakim]
Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot for more detailed help.
15:54:16 [Zakim]
Some of the commands I know are:
15:54:17 [Zakim]
xxx is yyy - establish yyy as the name of unknown party xxx
15:54:19 [Zakim]
if yyy is 'me' or 'I', your nick is substituted
15:54:21 [Zakim]
xxx may be yyy - establish yyy as possibly the name of unknown party xxx
15:54:23 [Zakim]
I am xxx - establish your nick as the name of unknown party xxx
15:54:25 [Zakim]
xxx holds yyy [, zzz ...] - establish xxx as a group name and yyy, etc. as participants within that group
15:54:27 [Zakim]
xxx also holds yyy - add yyy to the list of participants in group xxx
15:54:29 [Zakim]
who's here? - lists the participants on the phone
15:54:31 [Zakim]
who's muted? - lists the participants who are muted
15:54:33 [Zakim]
mute xxx - mutes party xxx (such that 60# will not work)
15:54:35 [Zakim]
unmute xxx - reverses the effect of "mute" and of 61#
15:54:37 [Zakim]
is xxx here? - reports whether a party named like xxx is present
15:54:39 [Zakim]
list conferences - reports the active conferences
15:54:40 [Zakim]
this is xxx - associates this channel with conference xxx
15:54:41 [Zakim]
excuse us - disconnects from the irc channel
15:54:42 [Zakim]
I last learned something new on $Date: 2002/09/24 12:08:09 $
15:56:43 [jjc]
Zakim, what's the code?
15:56:44 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I don't know what conference this is
16:01:05 [jhendler_]
jhendler_ has joined #webont
16:01:18 [jjc]
Hi, jim is there a scribe for today
16:01:43 [JosD]
JosD has joined #webont
16:01:50 [jjc]
Zakim, list
16:01:51 [Zakim]
I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM, SW_WebOnt()12:00PM, SVG_WG()11:00AM
16:01:59 [IanH]
IanH has joined #webont
16:02:17 [jjc]
Zakim, this is SW_WebOnt
16:02:19 [Zakim]
ok, jjc
16:02:21 [Zakim]
+??P39
16:02:30 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:02:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, ??P3, Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ??P18, ??P27, NickG, ??P30, ??P34, ??P39
16:02:35 [hth]
hth has joined #webont
16:02:47 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:02:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, ??P3, Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ??P18, ??P27 (muted), NickG, ??P30, ??P34, ??P39
16:02:52 [Zakim]
+??P5
16:02:56 [JosD]
Zakim, ??P39 is JosD
16:02:58 [jjc]
Zakim, P27 is jjc.
16:02:58 [Zakim]
+JosD; got it
16:03:00 [Zakim]
sorry, jjc, I do not recognize a party named 'P27'
16:03:07 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P27 is jjc.
16:03:09 [Zakim]
+Jjc.; got it
16:03:19 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute jjc.
16:03:21 [Zakim]
Jjc. should no longer be muted
16:04:24 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P3 is Larry.
16:04:25 [Zakim]
sorry, jjcscribe, I do not recognize a party named '??P3'
16:04:40 [JosD]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:04:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, ??P3, Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ??P18, Jjc., NickG, ??P30, ??P34, JosD, ??P5
16:04:44 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ?P18 is Larry.
16:04:45 [Zakim]
sorry, jjcscribe, I do not recognize a party named '?P18'
16:04:48 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
16:04:56 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:04:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, ??P3, Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ??P18, Jjc., NickG, ??P30, ??P34, JosD, ??P5
16:05:08 [nmg]
nmg has joined #webont
16:05:08 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ?P5 is Larry.
16:05:09 [Zakim]
sorry, jjcscribe, I do not recognize a party named '?P5'
16:05:13 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P5 is Larry.
16:05:15 [Zakim]
+Larry.; got it
16:05:24 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P18 is ChrisW.
16:05:25 [Zakim]
+ChrisW.; got it
16:05:49 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P3 is Klein.
16:05:50 [Zakim]
sorry, jjcscribe, I do not recognize a party named '??P3'
16:06:00 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P34 is Klein.
16:06:01 [Zakim]
+Klein.; got it
16:06:09 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P30 is Wallace..
16:06:10 [Zakim]
+Wallace..; got it
16:06:12 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:06:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, ??P3, Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ChrisW., Jjc., NickG, Wallace.., Klein., JosD, Larry.
16:06:31 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P3 is Hori.
16:06:33 [Zakim]
+Hori.; got it
16:06:46 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:06:48 [jjcscribe]
jjc: Welcome to Hori'san.
16:07:00 [jjcscribe]
s/jjc/jimh/
16:07:12 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P12 is terHorst.
16:07:13 [Zakim]
+TerHorst.; got it
16:07:19 [jjcscribe]
Roll complete
16:07:26 [jjcscribe]
Lots of regrets
16:07:59 [JosD]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:08:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, Hori., Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh, Ian_Horrocks, ChrisW., Jjc., NickG, Wallace.., Klein., JosD, Larry., TerHorst.
16:08:10 [hth]
hth has joined #webont
16:08:29 [Zakim]
+DanC
16:08:50 [Zakim]
+JonathanB
16:08:57 [jjcscribe]
Open action Review.
16:09:10 [jjcscribe]
Thompson and Obrst have done brief reviews.
16:09:23 [jjcscribe]
Both actioons continued ...
16:10:00 [jjcscribe]
van Harmlene action done.
16:10:30 [jjcscribe]
Hayes deprecation action continued.
16:10:35 [jjcscribe]
Guus action continues.
16:11:16 [DanCon]
er... guus's looks done to me: # GUIDE: UML syntax mapping Guus Schreiber (Thu, Sep 26 2002) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0450.html
16:11:22 [jjcscribe]
Dean action done at f2f.
16:11:33 [jjcscribe]
Frank onto merging continued.
16:12:25 [jjcscribe]
Guus action *is* done.
16:12:33 [ChrisW]
me too
16:12:38 [JosD]
DanC, agenda is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0097.html
16:13:03 [DanCon]
thx, jos
16:13:16 [jjcscribe]
(Frank will arrive late)
16:13:52 [jjcscribe]
Agendum 2: f2f4 action review
16:13:57 [jjcscribe]
layering ...
16:14:28 [JosD]
Frank's document http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Oct/0022.html
16:14:48 [jjcscribe]
PFPS, PH action is continued.
16:14:58 [jjcscribe]
JeremyC is continued.
16:16:14 [DanCon]
was it not clear that everybody who presents stuff at ftf meetings needs to make it part of the meeting record?
16:16:21 [jjcscribe]
Horrocks rules action is nearly ready.
16:16:39 [jjcscribe]
McGuiness action is done.
16:19:07 [jjcscribe]
Welty action done.
16:19:16 [jjcscribe]
(5.16)
16:19:38 [jjcscribe]
DebM hasValue continued
16:20:04 [jjcscribe]
Frank's action continued ..
16:21:07 [jjcscribe]
Dean's action continued.
16:21:38 [jjcscribe]
Connolly, DeRoo action's contineud because test doc release pending
16:22:06 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
16:22:17 [jjcscribe]
Hayes action 5.22 owl:Class is simply a marker
16:23:07 [DanCon]
jim, are you opening the datatypes issue?
16:23:31 [DanCon]
has Brian actually sent the bit about the RDFCore decision to WebOnt?
16:24:21 [jjcscribe]
jjc: webont input on datatyping was particularly crucial in rejecting rdfs:format - lexical solution
16:24:25 [jhendler_]
DanCon - just reporting back, not opening
16:24:35 [JosD]
re: datatyping RESOLUTION http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0148.html
16:26:11 [DanCon]
is Borden here?
16:26:18 [JosD]
oops.. better: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0131.html
16:26:20 [DanCon]
Zakim, is Borden here?
16:26:21 [Zakim]
DanCon, I do not see Borden anywhere
16:27:21 [jjcscribe]
Borden is unhappy that structure datatypes are postponed.
16:27:27 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who's on the call?
16:27:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see M_Smith, Hori., Jim_Hendler, Marwan_Sabbouh (muted), Ian_Horrocks, ChrisW., Jjc., NickG, Wallace.., Klein., JosD, Larry., TerHorst., DanC, JonathanB
16:28:42 [jjcscribe]
Borden: it was never opened until it was closed at the f2f. I haven't had a chance to put my proposals.
16:30:12 [jjcscribe]
Borden: consider fragment of XML doc that conforms to some complex schema class - could it be an OWL class.
16:30:36 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: DanC Write rationale for postponing 4.3.
16:31:01 [DanCon]
note to self: URIs for schema components aren't standardized yet; they're working on it. (it's in their charter)
16:31:38 [DanCon]
continued: ACTION Jeremy Carroll: will move this issue (5.5 List syntax or semantics) forward
16:32:03 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: chairs continued
16:32:44 [DanCon]
hmm... "to postpone 5.12 entailing inconsistencies" record could be more clear there.
16:32:57 [DanCon]
continued: ACTION Connolly: to move issue 5.13 Internet Media Type for OWL forward
16:33:10 [jjcscribe]
Connolly action continued
16:33:55 [jjcscribe]
PFPS action continued
16:34:08 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:34:16 [jjcscribe]
ACTION Hendler unique names continued
16:34:25 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P0 is Frank.
16:34:26 [Zakim]
+Frank.; got it
16:35:01 [jjcscribe]
Raphael is moving 5.19 forward, continued.
16:35:36 [jjcscribe]
Done: Frank: to address issue of class as instance (5.19) in OWL Lite
16:35:50 [jjcscribe]
Jeremy continued
16:37:26 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc liase with Mike about updating the OWL RDFS namespace doc
16:37:35 [FvH]
FvH has joined #webont
16:37:41 [DanCon]
hmm... I've been treating the online owl.rdf as part of the reference, for tracking purposes, I guess.
16:38:04 [jjcscribe]
Peter's action continued.
16:39:04 [jjcscribe]
Rest of actions will be considered under agendum 4
16:39:41 [DanCon]
Enrico should be in the attendance
16:39:45 [jjcscribe]
Meeting record does not show Enrico as attendee
16:39:59 [jjcscribe]
Discussion of whether to approve meeting record, but we are not quorate.
16:40:30 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
16:41:01 [DanCon]
for ftf record, TODO: incorporate stuff from Mike S 14 Oct 2002 12:46:12 -0500, stuff from Chris W 14 Oct 2002 10:15:43 -0400
16:42:40 [jjcscribe]
jjc: ball is in Dan's court
16:43:00 [jjcscribe]
DanC: is unhappy since he does not want to be on critical path
16:44:12 [jjcscribe]
Done: ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to add an editorial comment
16:44:13 [jjcscribe]
Done: ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to add an editorial comments
16:45:00 [Zakim]
-Jim_Hendler
16:45:17 [jhendler_]
I just got cut off zakim - reconnecting son as I can
16:45:23 [DanCon]
right, jim.
16:45:55 [DanCon]
Mike S: I expect to be out [??], but to have a draft ready [??when?]
16:46:00 [Zakim]
+Jim_Hendler
16:46:04 [jjcscribe]
Smith: hopes to get revision out by 31st
16:46:31 [DanCon]
publishing moratorum: 18 - 29 November 2002 per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2002JulSep/0096.html
16:47:28 [jjcscribe]
Hendler: thanks to Mike Smith for updating issue list so fast.
16:49:00 [jjcscribe]
Dean is cvurrently busy - will work on webont stuff next week.,
16:51:15 [jjcscribe]
Agendum 3
16:52:18 [DanCon]
Frank's message on Consensus on semantic layering: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Oct/0022.html
16:52:32 [jjcscribe]
Chair asks if anyone wants Frank's briefing
16:52:43 [jjcscribe]
Frank: e-mail is accurate account without hidden items
16:53:23 [jjcscribe]
DanC: there is a proposal that OWLLite is subset of FastOWL
16:54:23 [jjcscribe]
ChrisW: at meeting Enrico said that Classes-as-instances should be in OWLLite.
16:59:02 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #webont
16:59:21 [jjcscribe]
DanC: who is going to make it clear what is in OWL Lite (whichdoc)
17:01:14 [jjcscribe]
ACTION MikeSmith Add indication that classes as instances are part of Large OWL in Guide.
17:02:23 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: jjc rdfs/lite/fast/large layering message
17:02:37 [jjcscribe]
Leo will scribe next week.
17:02:59 [jjcscribe]
Meeting closing ...
17:03:44 [jjcscribe]
ACTION: frank work with guus to formulate proposal close classes-as-instances incl lite/fast/large
17:03:59 [Zakim]
-JonathanB
17:04:03 [Zakim]
-ChrisW.
17:04:04 [jjcscribe]
Meeting closed.
17:04:06 [FvH]
oodby
17:04:07 [Zakim]
-Marwan_Sabbouh
17:04:08 [Zakim]
-Hori.
17:04:09 [Zakim]
-M_Smith
17:04:13 [Zakim]
-Jjc.
17:04:14 [Zakim]
-Frank.
17:04:15 [Zakim]
-Wallace..
17:04:15 [FvH]
FvH has left #webont
17:04:17 [Zakim]
-NickG
17:04:18 [Zakim]
-Ian_Horrocks
17:04:19 [Zakim]
-Klein.
17:04:20 [Zakim]
-DanC
17:04:20 [Zakim]
-TerHorst.
17:04:22 [Zakim]
-Jim_Hendler
17:04:24 [Zakim]
-JosD
17:04:30 [Zakim]
-Larry.
17:04:30 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended
17:04:34 [hth]
hth has left #webont
17:31:41 [jhendler_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
17:31:41 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc#T17-31-41
17:31:55 [jhendler_]
RRSAgent, actions?
17:31:55 [jhendler_]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'actions'
17:32:06 [jhendler_]
RRSAgent, actions
17:32:06 [jhendler_]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'actions', jhendler_. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:32:20 [jhendler_]
actions?
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
sees 4 open action items:
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC Write rationale for postponing 4.3. [1]
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc#T16-30-36
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: chairs continued [2]
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc#T16-32-03
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jjc rdfs/lite/fast/large layering message [3]
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc#T17-02-23
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: frank work with guus to formulate proposal close classes-as-instances incl lite/fast/large [4]
17:32:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc#T17-03-44
17:34:21 [DanCon]
DanCon has left #webont
20:01:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webont