IRC log of webont on 2002-09-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:43:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:43:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webont
15:46:48 [jhendler]
zakim, list conferences
15:46:49 [Zakim]
I see WS_ArchWG(f2f)9:00AM, SVG_WG()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()11:00AM
15:48:20 [jhendler]
agenda+ Admin -- Roll Call, Minutes, Next tele, ftf meetings, Press Release
15:48:34 [jhendler]
agenda+ Action review
15:48:51 [jhendler]
agenda+ Guide document
15:49:03 [jhendler]
agenda+ Test Document
15:49:24 [jhendler]
agenda+ Proposed Resolutions
15:49:29 [jhendler]
agenda+ open issues
15:49:32 [jhendler]
agenda+ AOB
15:53:48 [jhendler]
zakim, agenda
15:53:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
15:54:33 [jhendler]
agenda?
15:58:18 [mdean]
mdean has joined #webont
15:58:56 [jhendler]
Mike, I'll phone in soon - greet folks as they arrive
16:00:11 [libby_]
libby_ has joined #webont
16:00:20 [pfps]
pfps has joined #webont
16:00:39 [libby_]
I'll be on and off phone today, sorry - getting a new computer
16:01:43 [pfps]
Zakim, ??P33 is pfps
16:01:43 [Zakim]
sorry, pfps, I do not recognize a party named '??P33'
16:01:47 [jhendler]
zakim, list conferences
16:01:48 [Zakim]
I see WS_ArchWG(f2f)9:00AM, SVG_WG()11:00AM, SW_WebOnt()12:00PM
16:01:56 [FvH]
FvH has joined #webont
16:01:58 [jhendler]
zakim, this is SW_WebOnt
16:01:59 [Zakim]
ok, jhendler
16:02:08 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, Mike_Dean, ??P30, ??P31, Lassila, ??P33, TimF, ??P35, ??P36
16:02:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:02:11 [pfps]
zakim ??P33 is pfps
16:02:15 [jjc]
jjc has joined #webont
16:02:17 [Zakim]
+Jim_Hendler
16:02:21 [schreiber]
schreiber has joined #webont
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+??P10
16:02:26 [pfps]
zakim, ??P33 is pfps
16:02:27 [Zakim]
+Pfps; got it
16:02:37 [libby_]
zakim, ??P10 is libby
16:02:38 [Zakim]
+Libby; got it
16:02:39 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who is here?
16:02:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, Mike_Dean, ??P30, ??P31, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, ??P35, ??P36, Jim_Hendler, Libby
16:02:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:02:43 [Zakim]
+??P11
16:02:51 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p4 is jeremy
16:02:52 [Zakim]
+Jeremy; got it
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+John_Stanton
16:03:08 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who is talking?
16:03:20 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Mike_Dean (13%), Pfps (4%), ??P36 (77%)
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P2
16:03:29 [Zakim]
+??P5
16:03:31 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who is talking?
16:03:36 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p30 is rudiger
16:03:37 [Zakim]
+Rudiger; got it
16:03:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.852.aaaa
16:03:43 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P2 (11%), ??P5 (12%), John_Stanton (26%), ??P30 (11%), Pfps (13%), ??P36 (9%)
16:04:01 [jhendler]
zakim aaaa is mcguinness
16:04:09 [herman]
herman has joined #webont
16:04:12 [jhendler]
zakim, aaaa is mcguinness
16:04:13 [Zakim]
+Mcguinness; got it
16:04:21 [pfps]
zakim, ??P5 is IanHorrocks
16:04:22 [Zakim]
+IanHorrocks; got it
16:04:32 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here
16:04:33 [Zakim]
jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
16:04:35 [ora]
ora has joined #webont
16:04:37 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, ??P31, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, ??P35, ??P36, Jim_Hendler, Libby, ??P11, John_Stanton, ??P2, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness
16:04:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:05:06 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p31 is terHorst
16:05:08 [Zakim]
+TerHorst; got it
16:05:10 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, who is talking?
16:05:16 [DeborahMc]
DeborahMc has joined #webont
16:05:18 [jhendler]
zakim, ?? p35 is eshelman
16:05:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand '?? p35 is eshelman', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:05:22 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Jeremy (57%), Jim_Hendler (9%), ??P11 (5%), Rudiger (4%), Lassila (25%), Pfps (10%), ??P35 (4%)
16:05:29 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p35 is eshelman
16:05:30 [Zakim]
+Eshelman; got it
16:05:34 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here
16:05:35 [Zakim]
jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
16:05:35 [Zakim]
+M_Smith
16:05:41 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, ??P36, Jim_Hendler, Libby, ??P11, John_Stanton, ??P2, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith
16:05:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:05:50 [Zakim]
+??P16
16:05:55 [schreiber]
zakim, ??p2 is GuusS
16:05:57 [Zakim]
+GuusS; got it
16:05:58 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p36 is heflin
16:05:59 [Zakim]
+Heflin; got it
16:06:06 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here ?
16:06:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, Heflin, Jim_Hendler, Libby, ??P11, John_Stanton, GuusS, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith,
16:06:10 [Zakim]
... ??P16
16:06:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:06:15 [Massimo]
Massimo has joined #webont
16:06:19 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p16 is buswell
16:06:20 [Zakim]
+Buswell; got it
16:06:27 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p11 is buswell
16:06:28 [Zakim]
+Buswell; got it
16:06:43 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p11 is FrankvH
16:06:44 [Zakim]
sorry, jhendler, I do not recognize a party named '??p11'
16:06:58 [jjcscribe]
Frank is here
16:07:08 [jhendler]
zakim, buswell.a is frank
16:07:10 [Zakim]
+Frank; got it
16:07:18 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
16:07:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, Heflin, Jim_Hendler, Libby, Frank, John_Stanton, GuusS, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith,
16:07:22 [Zakim]
... Buswell
16:07:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Massimo, DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:07:26 [Zakim]
+Leo
16:08:09 [jjcscribe]
zakim, who is here?
16:08:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, Heflin, Jim_Hendler, Libby, Frank, John_Stanton, GuusS, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith,
16:08:12 [jhendler]
zakim, wallace is here also.
16:08:12 [Zakim]
... Buswell, Leo
16:08:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Massimo, DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:08:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'wallace is here also.', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:08:27 [jhendler]
zakim, add wallace
16:08:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'add wallace', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:08:43 [jjcscribe]
Wallace is here.
16:08:50 [jhendler]
zakim, agenda
16:08:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:08:55 [jhendler]
agenda
16:08:55 [Zakim]
+Massimo
16:09:06 [jhendler]
agenda?
16:09:26 [jhendler]
zakim, agendum 1
16:09:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agendum 1', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:09:37 [jhendler]
zakim, next agendum
16:09:39 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin -- Roll Call, Minutes, Next tele, ftf meetings, Press Release" taken up [from jhendler]
16:09:41 [jjcscribe]
Regrets: connolly welty, marwan,
16:10:30 [jjcscribe]
29th minutes proposed and seconded
16:10:46 [jjcscribe]
Sept 5th minutes proposed and seconded.
16:10:55 [jjcscribe]
No objections to either.,
16:11:05 [jhendler]
zakim, choose a scribe
16:11:07 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Leo
16:11:12 [jhendler]
zakim, choose a scribe
16:11:13 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose TerHorst
16:11:16 [jjcscribe]
next telecon 19th.
16:11:29 [jjcscribe]
Evan volunteers for next scribe
16:11:39 [Ian]
Ian has joined #webont
16:11:43 [Massimo]
Agenda in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0155.html
16:12:27 [jhendler]
ACTION: Jeremy - update WG on networking for f2f
16:12:55 [JosD]
JosD has joined #webont
16:13:37 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc Networking for f2f4
16:13:42 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:13:46 [Zakim]
+LynnT
16:13:58 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc Entertainment f2f4, continued
16:14:05 [jhendler]
zakim, ??P0 is jos
16:14:06 [Zakim]
+Jos; got it
16:14:07 [jjcscribe]
Zakim, ??P0 is Jos
16:14:09 [Zakim]
sorry, jjcscribe, I do not recognize a party named '??P0'
16:14:12 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here?
16:14:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, Heflin, Jim_Hendler, Libby, Frank, John_Stanton, GuusS, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith,
16:14:15 [Zakim]
... Buswell, Leo, Massimo, Jos, LynnT
16:14:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JosD, Ian, Massimo, DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:14:22 [JosD]
Zakim, ??P0 is JosD
16:14:23 [Zakim]
sorry, JosD, I do not recognize a party named '??P0'
16:15:00 [Massimo]
Zakim, jos is JosD
16:15:01 [Zakim]
+JosD; got it
16:15:03 [Massimo]
;)
16:15:22 [jjcscribe]
Press release, 1.5
16:15:38 [jjcscribe]
Jim notes we have about the six weeks required to give notice.
16:15:48 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jim to prepare talking points for press release
16:16:05 [jjcscribe]
Can anyone who has bullet points or text please send it to Jim
16:16:17 [jhendler]
zakim, next agendum
16:16:18 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin -- Roll Call, Minutes, Next tele, ftf meetings, Press Release" taken up [from jhendler]
16:16:28 [jhendler]
agenda+
16:16:36 [Zakim]
+Pat_Hayes
16:16:39 [jhendler]
next agenda
16:16:45 [jjcscribe]
review Eshelman how-to
16:16:49 [jhendler]
next agenda
16:17:11 [jjcscribe]
zakim, agenda+
16:17:13 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
16:17:20 [jjcscribe]
zakim, agenda next
16:17:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda next', jjcscribe. Try /msg Zakim help
16:17:31 [jjcscribe]
zakim, agendum next.
16:17:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agendum next.', jjcscribe. Try /msg Zakim help
16:17:34 [Massimo]
Zakim, take up next agendum
16:17:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin -- Roll Call, Minutes, Next tele, ftf meetings, Press Release" taken up [from jhendler]
16:17:50 [jjcscribe]
Larry has contributed an example, so action is complete.
16:18:18 [Massimo]
Zakim, agenda- 1
16:18:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Admin -- Roll Call, Minutes, Next tele, ftf meetings, Press Release, dropped
16:18:31 [Massimo]
Zakim, next agendum
16:18:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Action review" taken up [from jhendler]
16:18:33 [jjcscribe]
Guus UML - continued
16:18:43 [JosD]
from Larry http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0146.html
16:18:52 [jjcscribe]
Chairs editor comparision doc
16:19:08 [jjcscribe]
continued, but Mike is doing something
16:19:11 [schreiber]
Action Larrt: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0146.html
16:19:38 [jjcscribe]
rewind, this action is done: Mike Dean is editor
16:19:57 [Zakim]
+Lynn_Stein
16:20:03 [jjcscribe]
Action DanC vote is done
16:20:35 [jjcscribe]
Action Mike Dean comparison doc by next week
16:20:51 [jjcscribe]
mike smith walkthru is done
16:20:55 [las]
las has joined #webont
16:21:03 [las]
zakim, who is here?
16:21:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeremy, Mike_Dean, Rudiger, TerHorst, Lassila, Pfps, TimF, Eshelman, Heflin, Jim_Hendler, Libby, Frank, John_Stanton, GuusS, IanHorrocks, Mcguinness, M_Smith,
16:21:05 [jjcscribe]
(see later in agenda)
16:21:07 [Zakim]
... Buswell, Leo, Massimo, JosD, LynnT, Pat_Hayes, Lynn_Stein
16:21:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see las, JosD, Ian, Massimo, DeborahMc, ora, herman, schreiber, jjcscribe, FvH, pfps, libby_, mdean, Zakim, RRSAgent, jhendler, logger_1
16:21:17 [jjcscribe]
tim finin action is done
16:21:25 [jjcscribe]
ian horrocks action in progress
16:21:30 [jjcscribe]
continue
16:22:17 [jjcscribe]
discussion about grid curtailed by chair
16:22:38 [jjcscribe]
issue 4.4 mike dean continued
16:23:01 [jjcscribe]
heflin issues
16:23:20 [jjcscribe]
5.6 5.14
16:23:28 [jjcscribe]
no one is clear what this action is meant to mean
16:23:36 [jjcscribe]
Jeff has started the discussion.
16:23:54 [jjcscribe]
SO we record this action as done.
16:24:10 [jjcscribe]
Issue 5.1 frank continued
16:24:33 [jjcscribe]
ian is not clear what he needs to do
16:25:29 [jjcscribe]
continued but ian notes this is ongoing research
16:25:33 [jjcscribe]
dan's action continued
16:25:40 [jjcscribe]
5.19
16:27:29 [jhendler]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0082.html
16:27:51 [jjcscribe]
pat's variant is continued
16:27:58 [jjcscribe]
jeremy is done or withdrawn
16:28:14 [jjcscribe]
peter pointed to old discussion
16:28:59 [jjcscribe]
5.3 action item is done
16:29:33 [jjcscribe]
5.19 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0125.html
16:29:50 [jjcscribe]
5.3 pfps http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0136.html
16:30:09 [jjcscribe]
5.3 path http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0100.html
16:30:36 [jjcscribe]
there was a phone call, but it is not clear whether agreement was reached.
16:31:38 [jjcscribe]
there is still an itnegration problem
16:31:51 [jjcscribe]
continue this action
16:32:08 [jjcscribe]
great horned owl action withdrawn
16:32:09 [Zakim]
-Buswell
16:32:17 [jhendler]
zakim, close agendum
16:32:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agendum', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:32:23 [jhendler]
close agendum
16:32:24 [Massimo]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:32:25 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
16:32:25 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:32:26 [Zakim]
2. Guide document [from jhendler]
16:32:36 [jhendler]
zakim, close this agendum
16:32:38 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, jhendler
16:32:51 [jhendler]
zakim, agendum 2
16:32:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agendum 2', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:33:04 [jhendler]
zakim, next agendum
16:33:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Guide document" taken up [from jhendler]
16:33:48 [jjcscribe]
Guide document has not progressed this week much.
16:34:02 [jjcscribe]
Goal is to fill in most holes by next week
16:34:58 [jjcscribe]
Mike would like some reviewers now.
16:35:06 [jjcscribe]
But thorough review later on.
16:35:19 [jjcscribe]
ACTION guus review guide
16:35:25 [jjcscribe]
ACTION lynnt review guide
16:35:33 [jjcscribe]
ACTION leo review guide
16:35:41 [jjcscribe]
Frank likes it.
16:35:46 [jjcscribe]
Jim likes it.
16:35:53 [jjcscribe]
Mike is worried about detail.
16:36:48 [jhendler]
zakim, close agendum
16:36:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agendum', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:36:56 [jhendler]
close agendum
16:36:59 [jhendler]
next agendum
16:37:48 [Massimo]
Zakim, what agendum is this?
16:37:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Guide document" has been taken up, Massimo
16:37:57 [Massimo]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:37:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
16:37:59 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:38:00 [Zakim]
3. Test Document [from jhendler]
16:40:31 [jjcscribe]
Chairs would like a test doc, and are asking Jeremy to edit.
16:41:01 [jjcscribe]
Peter likes it
16:41:21 [jjcscribe]
Jos thinks it is going in the right direction
16:41:33 [jjcscribe]
Volunteers for coeditors?
16:42:33 [jjcscribe]
Jos will co-edit.
16:43:38 [jhendler]
agendum 4
16:43:43 [jjcscribe]
Peter approves of inclduign tests automatically in doc
16:43:54 [jjcscribe]
zakim, agendum 4
16:43:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agendum 4', jjcscribe. Try /msg Zakim help
16:44:03 [Massimo]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:44:04 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, Massimo
16:44:21 [jjcscribe]
5a Issue 5.6
16:44:29 [Massimo]
Zakim, what agendum is this?
16:44:30 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum has been taken up, Massimo
16:44:38 [Massimo]
Zakim, agenda?
16:44:39 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
16:44:39 [Zakim]
3. Test Document [from jhendler]
16:44:40 [Zakim]
4. Proposed Resolutions [from jhendler]
16:44:41 [Zakim]
5. open issues [from jhendler]
16:44:42 [Zakim]
6. AOB [from jhendler]
16:44:43 [Zakim]
7. [from jhendler]
16:44:44 [Zakim]
8. [from jjcscribe]
16:45:10 [Massimo]
Zakim, take up agendum 4
16:45:11 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Proposed Resolutions" taken up [from jhendler]
16:45:43 [jjcscribe]
summary imports cannot be modified by owl, and the importing doc entails everything entailed by the imported doc
16:46:23 [jjcscribe]
issue is whetehr we can do syntactic import rather than semantic import
16:46:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
16:46:41 [jjcscribe]
Peter suggested, jonathan and mike smith all looked at this
16:47:06 [jjcscribe]
Jeff worries about importing large ontology
16:47:08 [jhendler]
zakim, ??p9 is ziv
16:47:09 [Zakim]
+Ziv; got it
16:47:54 [jjcscribe]
Peter is very uncomfortable with any semantic account of imports
16:48:23 [jjcscribe]
zakim, who is talking?
16:48:35 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: JosD (14%), Jeremy (20%), IanHorrocks (10%), Pat_Hayes (32%), Pfps (7%), Massimo (5%)
16:48:58 [jjcscribe]
zakim, who is talking?
16:49:09 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: IanHorrocks (8%), Pat_Hayes (36%), Pfps (44%)
16:49:15 [jjcscribe]
zakim, who is talking?
16:49:35 [Zakim]
jjcscribe, listening for 13 seconds I heard sound from the following: JosD (3%), Jeremy (58%), Pat_Hayes (22%), Massimo (6%)
16:51:42 [Massimo]
q+
16:52:22 [jjcscribe]
Jeff really doesn't like the xinclude version of syntactic import
16:52:48 [jjcscribe]
it is not clear whether syntactic or semantic include is better
16:53:13 [jhendler]
ack massimo
16:54:07 [jjcscribe]
massimo notes that imports requires persistent uris that doesn't scale web wise
16:54:10 [jjcscribe]
q+
16:55:37 [jjcscribe]
(earlier pat talked about import cycles etc. also there was discussion about the need to give some acocunt of the GET)
16:56:45 [jjcscribe]
jeremy mentions properties and types witth GETtable resources
16:57:42 [FvH]
q+
16:57:55 [jjcscribe]
ack
16:57:57 [jhendler]
ack jjcscribe
16:58:31 [jjcscribe]
massimo notes that entailment rules don't depend on property uris
16:59:18 [jjcscribe]
frank notes that thisproblem will exist and if we don't say something someone else will have to address it
16:59:46 [FvH]
disagree with the above
16:59:49 [FvH]
I tried to say:
16:59:56 [jjcscribe]
(thanks)
17:00:03 [FvH]
massimo's comment will not >*provide*< a solution,
17:00:15 [FvH]
it just moves the responsibility for solving it away from us
17:00:20 [FvH]
(and into XML, or RDF)
17:02:03 [jjcscribe]
Jim: what is the issue
17:02:37 [jjcscribe]
Pat: issue is to do with taking the object of imports and doing something with it [including in the semantics]
17:03:26 [FvH]
q+
17:03:56 [jjcscribe]
Jim: we can 1: do semantics for imports, 2: delete it; 3: treat it informally
17:04:57 [jjcscribe]
Jeff: (under 3) where would the english text go, in the semantics doc, in the guide
17:05:37 [jjcscribe]
Pat: in the semantics doc
17:05:39 [mdean]
q+
17:05:51 [JosD]
3: magic syntax?
17:05:53 [FvH]
ack FvH
17:06:36 [jhendler]
ack mdean
17:06:58 [jjcscribe]
(mike smith?): we could treat this completely syntactically, and thatis not part of the semantics
17:08:22 [jjcscribe]
It could be a syntactic transform at the graph level
17:08:44 [jjcscribe]
There seem to be some problems at the document level
17:10:18 [jjcscribe]
Jim: conversation on list needs to continue
17:11:07 [FvH]
q+
17:11:19 [jhendler]
ack fvh
17:11:45 [FvH]
q+
17:12:14 [jjcscribe]
ACTION pfps write up "syntactic" proposal for issue 5.6
17:12:56 [jjcscribe]
FvH raises using a property from a non-imported foreign ontology
17:13:18 [jjcscribe]
Mike Dean mentions instances cannot import anything
17:14:29 [jjcscribe]
ACTION frank to e-mail group on using foreign properties to continue discussion on 5.6
17:14:44 [jjcscribe]
next agendum issue 5.14 versioning
17:14:58 [jjcscribe]
Jeff suggests adding priorVersion link
17:15:24 [jjcscribe]
Jeff suggests adding backwardCompatibility tag
17:16:29 [jjcscribe]
also deprecation tag
17:17:29 [jjcscribe]
backwardCompatible could be a syntactic trick or a semantic thing
17:18:04 [jjcscribe]
backwradCompatible adds sameClassAs triples (in some way)
17:20:22 [jjcscribe]
path should we have time tags
17:20:33 [jjcscribe]
jimh time is out of charter
17:21:37 [jjcscribe]
resistance to it being a smenatic solution
17:22:08 [jjcscribe]
ACTION jjc send e-mail on what is in an ontology
17:22:40 [jjcscribe]
ACTION path send e-mail on opposition to deprecation
17:22:54 [jjcscribe]
jim would like to move this issues towards closure
17:23:19 [jjcscribe]
Agenda item 6a
17:23:26 [jjcscribe]
Layering, Pat/Peter
17:25:59 [Zakim]
-IanHorrocks
17:26:09 [FvH]
I will have to go;
17:26:20 [jjcscribe]
ACTION Pat Propsoe text to close issue 5.3
17:26:21 [FvH]
household duties calling louder than work duties by now...
17:26:26 [Zakim]
+??P5
17:26:27 [FvH]
-FvH
17:26:43 [jjcscribe]
6b, 6c not discussed
17:26:55 [jjcscribe]
ACTION Guus add 6b 6c on next week agenda
17:27:07 [Zakim]
-Jeremy
17:27:14 [jjcscribe]
Jeremy is still here
17:27:31 [Zakim]
-Rudiger
17:27:32 [jjcscribe]
Meeting adjourned
17:27:33 [jhendler]
ADJOURNED
17:27:33 [Zakim]
-M_Smith
17:27:33 [Zakim]
-TerHorst
17:27:34 [Zakim]
-Ziv
17:27:35 [Zakim]
-LynnT
17:27:35 [Zakim]
-John_Stanton
17:27:37 [Zakim]
-Lynn_Stein
17:27:39 [Zakim]
-Lassila
17:27:40 [Zakim]
-Libby
17:27:41 [Zakim]
-GuusS
17:27:43 [Zakim]
-Leo
17:27:45 [Zakim]
-TimF
17:27:45 [Zakim]
-Pat_Hayes
17:27:48 [Zakim]
-Pfps
17:27:51 [Zakim]
-Frank
17:27:53 [ora]
ora has left #webont
17:27:53 [Zakim]
-??P5
17:27:55 [Zakim]
-Jim_Hendler
17:27:56 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
17:27:57 [pfps]
pfps has left #webont
17:27:59 [Zakim]
-Massimo
17:28:02 [Zakim]
-Mcguinness
17:28:36 [jhendler]
zakim, actions?
17:28:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jhendler.
17:28:42 [jhendler]
zakim, actions
17:28:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'actions', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
17:28:51 [jhendler]
zakim, list actions
17:28:52 [Zakim]
I see WS_ArchWG(f2f)9:00AM, SW_WebOnt()12:00PM
17:29:02 [jhendler]
zakim, what actions
17:29:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'what actions', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
17:30:17 [jhendler]
actions
17:30:23 [jhendler]
list actions
17:30:33 [jhendler]
zakim, what are the actions?
17:30:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jhendler.
17:30:56 [jhendler]
zakim, the description of action is not in your document
17:30:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'the description of action is not in your document', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
17:31:34 [jhendler]
actions
17:31:47 [jhendler]
zakim, find the actions
17:31:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'find the actions', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
17:32:01 [jhendler]
ACTION: Complain to Ralph about the ACTION stuff in zakim
17:32:14 [jhendler]
RRSAgent, actions
17:32:14 [jhendler]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'actions', jhendler. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:32:24 [jhendler]
RRSAgent, list actions
17:32:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items:
17:32:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeremy - update WG on networking for f2f [1]
17:32:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/12-webont-irc#T16-12-27
17:32:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Complain to Ralph about the ACTION stuff in zakim [2]
17:32:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/12-webont-irc#T17-32-01
17:32:59 [jhendler]
ahh - zakim does agenda, but RRSAgent does actions
17:33:12 [jhendler]
RRSAgent, pointer
17:33:12 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2002/09/12-webont-irc#T17-33-12
17:35:42 [Zakim]
-Heflin
17:35:43 [Zakim]
-JosD
17:35:57 [Zakim]
-Eshelman
17:35:58 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended