IRC log of xmlprotocol on 2002-06-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:55:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlprotocol
18:55:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlprotocol
18:55:45 [Yves]
zakim, this will be XMLP
18:55:46 [Zakim]
ok, Yves
18:58:37 [marc]
marc has joined #xmlprotocol
18:59:17 [Zakim]
XMLP_XMLP WG()3:00PM has now started
18:59:24 [Zakim]
+Mark_A_Jones
18:59:45 [Zakim]
+??P1
18:59:49 [Noah]
Noah has joined #XMLProtocol
18:59:55 [Zakim]
+Fallside
19:00:00 [marc]
zakim, ??P1 is me
19:00:01 [Zakim]
+Marc; got it
19:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P3
19:00:19 [Zakim]
+LynnT
19:00:29 [Zakim]
+??P5
19:00:52 [Zakim]
+??P6
19:01:02 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #xmlprotocol
19:01:11 [Zakim]
+??P8
19:01:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.480.552.aaaa
19:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.626.428.aabb
19:02:11 [Zakim]
+??P11
19:02:19 [JacekK]
zakim, ??p11 is me
19:02:20 [Zakim]
+JacekK; got it
19:02:26 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
19:02:28 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
19:02:36 [Zakim]
+??P12
19:02:39 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
19:02:41 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
19:02:57 [JacekK]
zakim, who is muted?
19:02:58 [Zakim]
I see no one muted
19:03:02 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
19:03:03 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
19:03:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.791.aacc
19:03:10 [Zakim]
+Yves
19:03:15 [Zakim]
+ +81.72.723.aadd
19:03:21 [Zakim]
+??P13
19:03:24 [Zakim]
+??P10
19:03:29 [DavidF]
zakim, who is here?
19:03:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mark_A_Jones, Marc, Fallside, ??P3, LynnT, ??P5, ??P6, ??P8, +1.480.552.aaaa, +1.626.428.aabb, JacekK, HFN?, Yves, +1.303.791.aacc, +81.72.723.aadd, ??P13, ??P10
19:03:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JacekK, Noah, marc, Zakim, RRSAgent, DavidF, caribou, HFN, Yves, jjm-away, Loggy
19:03:55 [Zakim]
+Carine
19:04:25 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
19:04:26 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
19:04:34 [Zakim]
+??P14
19:05:26 [Zakim]
+DMarston
19:05:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.737.aaee
19:05:56 [Noah]
zakim, DMarston is me
19:05:57 [Zakim]
+Noah; got it
19:06:02 [caribou]
zakim, DMarston is probably Noah
19:06:02 [Zakim]
sorry, caribou, I do not understand your question
19:06:18 [caribou]
zakim, DMarston is Noah
19:06:19 [Zakim]
sorry, caribou, I do not recognize a party named 'DMarston'
19:06:30 [Zakim]
+PaulD
19:06:39 [Zakim]
+A_Vedamuthu
19:06:41 [Zakim]
+DOrchard
19:06:45 [Noah]
caribou: maybe it doesn't understand because it already accepted my alert, and now thinks I'm Noah (which is true)
19:06:58 [Yves]
zakim, who is here?
19:06:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mark_A_Jones, Marc, Fallside, ??P3, LynnT, ??P5, ??P6, ??P8, +1.480.552.aaaa, +1.626.428.aabb, JacekK, HFN?, Yves, +1.303.791.aacc, +81.72.723.aadd, ??P13,
19:07:01 [Zakim]
... ??P10, Carine, ??P14, Noah, +1.408.737.aaee, PaulD, A_Vedamuthu, DOrchard
19:07:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JacekK, Noah, marc, Zakim, RRSAgent, DavidF, caribou, HFN, Yves, jjm-away, Loggy
19:07:17 [Zakim]
-??P13
19:07:24 [Yves]
zakim, P13 was stuart
19:07:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'P13 was stuart', Yves. Try /msg Zakim help
19:07:26 [Yves]
:)
19:07:26 [anish]
anish has joined #xmlprotocol
19:07:39 [caribou]
Noah: oh, i hadn't seen that
19:07:53 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
19:07:54 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
19:08:03 [DaveO]
DaveO has joined #xmlprotocol
19:09:36 [Zakim]
+??P13
19:09:40 [MarkB]
MarkB has joined #xmlprotocol
19:10:04 [JacekK]
zakim, ??p13 may be Stuart
19:10:05 [Zakim]
+Stuart?; got it
19:10:21 [anish]
?
19:12:50 [Zakim]
- +1.626.428.aabb
19:13:35 [DaveO]
df: We may need to assign a monitor for the lc discussion list
19:13:38 [Zakim]
+??P9
19:13:58 [JacekK]
zakim, ??p13 is not Stuart
19:13:59 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??p13 is not Stuart', JacekK. Try /msg Zakim help
19:14:10 [JacekK]
zakim, ??p9 is Stuart
19:14:11 [Zakim]
+Stuart; got it
19:15:03 [JacekK]
yves, zakim must be followed by a comma
19:15:12 [JacekK]
zakim, Stuart? is unknown
19:15:13 [Zakim]
+Unknown; got it
19:15:22 [JacekK]
sorry. 8-)
19:16:01 [DaveO]
df: there will be a meeting next week
19:17:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.626.428.aaff
19:17:36 [Yves]
editors: pending
19:18:26 [Yves]
markB: (removed)
19:18:52 [Yves]
carine/yves: done
19:18:58 [Yves]
DavidF (with PaulC, Stuart, DavidO): done
19:19:22 [Yves]
markb: done
19:19:36 [Yves]
nilo: done
19:19:53 [Yves]
anish: done
19:19:59 [Yves]
anish: done
19:20:06 [Yves]
davidf: done
19:24:01 [DaveO]
df: there are some groups that have asked for extensions because of many vacations, like xhtml.
19:24:27 [HFN]
ACTION: DavidF: Follow up on getting hard commitment for review from relevant other WGs and figure out what the extend of pushback from xforms WG on timing is.
19:26:37 [DaveO]
mb: iana has trees for people and groups.
19:26:56 [DaveO]
mb: after approval from ietf, then iana can give approval
19:27:22 [DaveO]
df: after iana approval then "bolt" information into the spec.
19:27:35 [Zakim]
- +1.408.737.aaee
19:31:50 [DaveO]
df: tag asking xmlp to blaze new trail in the process of media type registration
19:33:51 [DaveO]
sw: understand and tag flexible
19:34:05 [DaveO]
df: asking henrik/markb about options for how text can be moved around.
19:36:52 [HFN]
ACTION: Stuart: Check on TAG/IANA interactions (as reportedly handled by IanJ)
19:37:56 [DaveO]
df: submit to ietf, remains as draft, draft will have caveats saying "intend technical content to be in w3c spec", iana et al will have to figure out process.
19:38:15 [DaveO]
mb: should be prepared for propose to not work, ie to be in ietf tree it has to be rfc.
19:38:27 [DaveO]
sw: possibly have to duplicate the content
19:38:55 [DaveO]
jack: what if ietf requires changes - ed note: ye olde copy by value or by reference problem
19:39:22 [MarkB]
did somebody get an action to check about ietf/w3c coord call?
19:39:38 [Yves]
stuart
19:39:50 [MarkB]
thx
19:40:16 [HFN]
ACTION: Yves: Follow up when the next W3C/IETF coordination meeting happens and check whether the media type problem can be added as an agenda item
19:40:42 [Yves]
ok no pb taking this action :)
19:42:04 [Zakim]
-PaulD
19:43:04 [HFN]
ACTION: DavidF: Start driving discussion on media type process
19:43:21 [HFN]
ACTION: MarkB: shit it (the media type draft that is)!
19:43:27 [MarkB]
oops
19:43:32 [Yves]
s/t/p/
19:43:47 [DaveO]
lol
19:43:54 [Yves]
luckily I'm muted :)
19:43:55 [Noah]
As the RSSAgent dutifully records for posterity...
19:44:04 [caribou]
:)))
19:44:06 [HFN]
ACTION 5: MarkB: ship it (the media type draft that is)!
19:44:11 [Noah]
Wimp
19:45:01 [HFN]
ACTION=5: MarkB: ship it (the media type draft that is)!
19:46:21 [DaveO]
df: there are 160 something test assertions, 130 something features. Can the features be extracted or used from the test assertions?
19:48:27 [HFN]
ACTION 5=MarkB: ship it (the media type draft that is)!
19:51:49 [DaveO]
df: need outreach, started doing it personally
20:01:59 [DaveO]
df: if we don't have implementations of all the features, have to go into CR period
20:05:01 [Zakim]
-Stuart.a
20:05:36 [Zakim]
-JacekK
20:05:48 [JacekK]
ooops, sorry, I'll reconnect
20:06:21 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:06:36 [JacekK]
zakim, ??p9 is me
20:06:38 [Zakim]
+JacekK; got it
20:10:15 [Zakim]
- +1.480.552.aaaa
20:16:04 [HFN]
ACTION: Lynne: Extract requirement assertions (MUST/MAY/SHOULD) from SOAP 1.2 spec for incorporation in table 2 so that we can verify implementation of those
20:16:10 [HFN]
ACTION: Anish: Extract "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 1 for incorporation in an implementation table
20:16:18 [HFN]
ACTION: DavidF: Find owner for task for extracting "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 2 for incorporation in an implementation table
20:18:53 [HFN]
ACTION: Yves: Take responsibility for updating table 2 in "http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html"
20:21:20 [Noah]
I was the one who suggested asking soapbuilders
20:21:45 [HFN]
right!
20:24:06 [HFN]
Cut at separation: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2002Jun/0222.html
20:24:18 [DaveO]
nm: suggests that soap builders deal with day to day, and then move to dist-app or comments if questions about design
20:28:20 [HFN]
ACTION: DavidF: Send a mail to soapbuilders soliciting implementation input and where to send input etc.
20:29:16 [HFN]
ACTION 10=DavidF: Draft a mail intended for soapbuilders soliciting implementation input and where to send that input etc. Draft will go to WG list for review
20:29:40 [JacekK]
zakim, mute JacekK
20:29:42 [Zakim]
JacekK should now be muted
20:30:15 [JacekK]
I'll be back in a minute
20:31:23 [HFN]
Henrik's draft is at "http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nielsen-dime-soap-00.txt". Section 2 contains the "abstract description".
20:37:44 [HFN]
+q
20:37:50 [HFN]
+HFN
20:38:34 [HFN]
henrik on the queue please
20:38:44 [DaveO]
q+ henrik
20:39:13 [Zakim]
-??P6
20:40:14 [DaveO]
do: mentioned the wsarch and wscg for chartering work
20:44:20 [Zakim]
- +1.303.791.aacc
20:46:13 [DaveO]
df; description in the abstract of an attachment feature, that the description should be couched in terms consistent with existing soap 1.2 framework, this would be the contents of the Note.
20:47:45 [Zakim]
-DOrchard
20:50:35 [JacekK]
brb
20:50:37 [marc]
AFTF will produce proposals, WG will have ultimate say
20:51:11 [marc]
is it ok with WG if AFTF produces public proposals without WG consen
20:51:28 [marc]
no opposition
20:52:31 [Zakim]
-LynnT
20:52:53 [marc]
Discussion around scheduling of first AFTF call
20:53:31 [HFN]
ACTION: Henrik: Set up bridge for 8.30 PT Monday July 1st for AFTF
20:53:40 [marc]
DF: 1st call @ 8.30 on 1st July
20:54:48 [Zakim]
-??P8
20:54:49 [Zakim]
-??P5
20:54:56 [Zakim]
-HFN?
20:54:57 [Zakim]
-Noah
20:54:57 [Zakim]
-??P3
20:54:57 [JacekK]
bye all
20:54:59 [Zakim]
- +1.626.428.aaff
20:54:59 [Zakim]
-Yves
20:55:00 [Zakim]
-??P14
20:55:01 [Zakim]
-Mark_A_Jones
20:55:02 [Zakim]
-Carine
20:55:04 [Zakim]
-Unknown
20:55:05 [Zakim]
-Fallside
20:55:06 [Zakim]
-JacekK
20:55:06 [marc]
Would anybody like to volunteer to read through Pt2 too identify features for implementations ?
20:55:08 [Zakim]
-??P10
20:55:10 [Zakim]
-A_Vedamuthu
20:55:15 [marc]
No response
20:55:22 [marc]
Call adjourned
20:55:26 [Zakim]
-Marc
20:55:34 [marc]
marc has left #xmlprotocol
20:56:01 [anish]
anish has left #xmlprotocol
20:56:12 [DavidF]
rrsagent, what actions?
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 action items:
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Follow up on getting hard commitment for review from relevant other WGs and figure out what the extend of pushback from xforms WG on timing is. [1]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-24-27
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Stuart: Check on TAG/IANA interactions (as reportedly handled by IanJ) [2]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-36-52
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves: Follow up when the next W3C/IETF coordination meeting happens and check whether the media type problem can be added as an agenda item [3]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-40-16
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Start driving discussion on media type process [4]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-43-04
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MarkB: ship it (the media type draft that is)! [5]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-48-27
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Lynne: Extract requirement assertions (MUST/MAY/SHOULD) from SOAP 1.2 spec for incorporation in table 2 so that we can verify implementation of those [6]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-04
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Anish: Extract "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 1 for incorporation in an implementation table [7]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-10
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Find owner for task for extracting "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 2 for incorporation in an implementation table [8]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-18
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves: Take responsibility for updating table 2 in "http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html" [9]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-18-53
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Draft a mail intended for soapbuilders soliciting implementation input and where to send that input etc. Draft will go to WG list for review [10]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-29-16
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Henrik: Set up bridge for 8.30 PT Monday July 1st for AFTF [11]
20:56:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-53-31
20:56:21 [Yves]
action already updated
20:57:32 [Yves]
rrsagent, excuse us
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 action items:
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Follow up on getting hard commitment for review from relevant other WGs and figure out what the extend of pushback from xforms WG on timing is. [1]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-24-27
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Stuart: Check on TAG/IANA interactions (as reportedly handled by IanJ) [2]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-36-52
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves: Follow up when the next W3C/IETF coordination meeting happens and check whether the media type problem can be added as an agenda item [3]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-40-16
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Start driving discussion on media type process [4]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-43-04
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MarkB: ship it (the media type draft that is)! [5]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T19-48-27
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Lynne: Extract requirement assertions (MUST/MAY/SHOULD) from SOAP 1.2 spec for incorporation in table 2 so that we can verify implementation of those [6]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-04
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Anish: Extract "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 1 for incorporation in an implementation table [7]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-10
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Find owner for task for extracting "features" from SOAP 1.2 spec part 2 for incorporation in an implementation table [8]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-16-18
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves: Take responsibility for updating table 2 in "http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html" [9]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-18-53
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DavidF: Draft a mail intended for soapbuilders soliciting implementation input and where to send that input etc. Draft will go to WG list for review [10]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-29-16
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Henrik: Set up bridge for 8.30 PT Monday July 1st for AFTF [11]
20:57:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/06/26-xmlprotocol-irc#T20-53-31
20:57:38 [Yves]
zakim, excuse us
20:57:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlprotocol